Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Did You Take Pills? (Page 3 of 4)
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I was a teenager in the Sixties, but I don't get nostalgic about the purity of the drugs because I saw too many people become druggies.  Lots of kids did some of the popular drugs and grew out of it but some never did, and some didn't survive their teens or twenties.  I saw a lot of that in the Army too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By doc540:
I've wandered into to TROOP 1911  
View Quote
Ironically my troop number was 714
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:45:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoinDatePostCount] [#3]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:

Don't think WY laws apply USA wide.  When I had my bottom 3 vertebra replaced, glued and screwed in 2022, my last step in out processing was going by the hospital pharmacy for my antibiotic and pain pills.  I took 2 of the hydro and flushed the rest.

Careful you don't fall off that high horse.
View Quote

So you voluntarily picked up them up from the separate dispensing pharmacy, they weren’t handed to you at discharge. BTW that’s federal law, not WY laws

Also VIRTUE SIGNAL HARDDDDDEERRRRR

Edit:  I work in healthcare, have traveled for half my career, and often coordinate with inpatient vs dispensing pharmacies and know the differences, and have done lots of discharge planning for ER, ICU,  outpatient and inpatient surgery.  The bullshit yall make up is just wild
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a number of friends/acquaintances that were heavily into the recreational drug scene.  Most became drug addicts, some o.d., a couple of deaths...
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Never even took a "white" to keep driving cross country or run the Baja 1,000?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dieselman:
No. I have never done recreational drugs. No desire to then and certainly not now.

My 73 year old mom occasionally talks about "taking a white" while going on long road trips back in her youth. I didn't see those mentioned in your post, or is that the first one OP?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:58:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Trucker speed:
Benzadrine, Percocet, amphetamines, black beauties, and west coast turnarounds
When the coast is clear, I drive with my knees
I mix it all up like a recipe
Coca-cola and coffee to wash it down
Sometimes I feel like my wheels ain't touchin' the ground
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JoinDatePostCount:

So you voluntarily picked up them up from the separate dispensing pharmacy, they weren’t handed to you at discharge. BTW that’s federal law, not WY laws

Also VIRTUE SIGNAL HARDDDDDEERRRRR

Edit:  I work in healthcare, have traveled for half my career, and often coordinate with inpatient vs dispensing pharmacies and know the differences, and have done lots of discharge planning for ER, ICU,  outpatient and inpatient surgery.  The bullshit yall make up is just wild
View Quote

I was in my wife's room when they brought the discharge paperwork, the wheelchair, and the pharmacy bag with the pills.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I heard of some kids taking MDMA back in the early 2000's. They said it was like that movie, get him to the "Greek", certain physical interactions,  think rabbit fur, could occupy them for hours.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:11:23 PM EDT
[#9]
X, acid and pain pills back in the day.  Likelihood of dying was pretty low, not so much now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:25:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By kenny31:
The more fentanyl, the better. People are looking for a way out and it should be provided to them, permanently. Narcan should be banned IMO.
View Quote

I can get Narcan all day long distributed by my health dept to be given to all of the guys to carry, in our cars, med bags,  our go bags, and to carry on us just in case.  We keep it everywhere!

But if I need an epipen for a kid who gets stung by a bee, I have to wait for ems/fire to arrive. I can't help ya kid!

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#11]
But a young, local girl took a pill a few days ago and now she's dead.  It was laced with Fentaynl.  And she wasn't a hardcore druggie, just a kid who took a pill.

We never had to worry about that crap
View Quote
Yep. Happened to a family friend of ours. 13-yr old daughter decided to try E or something. Bought it from someone via Snapchat, died later that night from Fent. Absolutely horrific. I don't know how anyone these days can just trust that some shit off the street isn't dirty.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By CuldesacWarlord:

My 73 year old mom occasionally talks about "taking a white" while going on long road trips back in her youth. I didn't see those mentioned in your post, or is that the first one OP?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CuldesacWarlord:
No. I have never done recreational drugs. No desire to then and certainly not now.

"bennies"  or "Mexican Racing Pills" to off-road racers
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:31:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottsGT] [#13]
I had back surgery back in 1999.  For a few months leading up to the surgery date I was eating 7.5 Lortab’s like PEZ candy.  Just before the surgery I was photographing a friends wedding and it took two Lortabs and a Scotch chaser to lessen the nerve pains that weekend.
Two weeks after surgery I put the pills aside and quit taking them.  I felt great, but the Lortabs made me feel like shit. Foggy, bad decisions like a retard.  At my follow up the surgeon could not believe it. Told him I felt great but he wanted to keep me on them.  Boy have times changed.  

I do remember the first time I took one.  My mom was on them from her back surgery and slipped me a couple to see if it helped.  I kept refusing to try them for weeks.  Finally gave in after taking the kids to their soccer game and I had to carry a cooler and my chair.  I was in extreme pain from the pinched nerve causing the fire down my left leg.  I had enough.  Took the lortab as soon as I got there and sat down. Within minutes I felt like I was floating above my chair. Pain was gone.  
That moment is what got me to give in and seek out surgery.  FWIW, I never had that feeling of euphoria, or that high ever again.  I now understand “chasing the dragon”.  

Oh, and FWIW…I had two games to sit through that day.  So the high had worn off long before I drove the kids home. I made the decision to stay there all day and let them play on the playground if needed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Nope.  Got semi drunk a few times in the Army.  Found out I could have just as much fun sober as drunk and stopped that silly shit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#15]
If you take rec drugs or street drugs and you don't have a dancesafe test kit you don't value your life as simple as that. Hell a decade plus ago I tested anything that did not come from a doctor. But now with the proliferation of pressed pills those should even be tested. I truly feel bad for kids and young adults these days, it's like playing russian roulette. The people pushing this shit should be charged with bioterrorism.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#16]
We had caffeine pills in school. When my son was in college and he told me about all the shit kids take, it was an eye opener.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#17]
The more fentanyl, the better. People are looking for a way out and it should be provided to them, permanently. Narcan should be banned IMO.
View Quote

The level of ignorance in your comment is astounding. I had a 14 year old student take a pressed Xanax laced with fentanyl and died, so by your logic he deserved to die? Be a shame if it happened to one of your family members, I just hope you are able to tell the rest of the family it's okay they were looking for a way out.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I take Pirin tablets.

My wife just scrapes the A and the S off.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:22:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Nope. Never done pills, pot or shrooms. I had acquaintances that did all that stuff and 1 had permanent issues with shrooms.

I don’t like what the doc gives me after surgeries so the other stuff was never a thought.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By StampCollector87:

The level of ignorance in your comment is astounding. I had a 14 year old student take a pressed Xanax laced with fentanyl and died, so by your logic he deserved to die? Be a shame if it happened to one of your family members, I just hope you are able to tell the rest of the family it's okay they were looking for a way out.
View Quote

My brother died from it as well, not sure what he took that was laced with fentanyl but it was definitely something he shouldn't have been taking. Good kid that made some poor decisions during adulthood trying to cope with stresses of life, doesn't mean he deserved to die nor did he want to. He was well liked by anyone that knew him, several hundred people attended his funeral. Over the last few years I've tried to just ignore comments like the one this guy posted but they still piss me of. This guy has no clue what it's like to get that call on Christmas morning that your brother is dead. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Whiplash_83:

My brother died from it as well, not sure what he took that was laced with fentanyl but it was definitely something he shouldn't have been taking. Good kid that made some poor decisions during adulthood trying to cope with stresses of life, doesn't mean he deserved to die nor did he want to. He was well liked by anyone that knew him, several hundred people attended his funeral. Over the last few years I've tried to just ignore comments like the one this guy posted but they still piss me of. This guy has no clue what it's like to get that call on Christmas morning that your brother is dead. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
View Quote

They act like every person dyeing is a junkie or piece of shit. But with Fentanyl it tends to be the opposite junkies have a tolerance so many can handle it while normal productive citizens that are just trying to escape for the night end up ODing and dead. Sorry to hear that about your brother man that has to be fucking rough. I personally  think we should drone strike known cartels that deal in the shit and execute people  dealing in laced drugs. We had six people die 2 being students from laced Xanax and last I knew the dealer was still free, if it would have been my child or family the dude would have been disappeared or forced to take his own hot pills. China supplies this shit to the cartels which in turn flood the streets of the US they should be treated as terrorist organizations and be dealt with accordingly.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Only Prescription pills.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By StampCollector87:

They act like every person dyeing is a junkie or piece of shit. But with Fentanyl it tends to be the opposite junkies have a tolerance so many can handle it while normal productive citizens that are just trying to escape for the night end up ODing and dead. Sorry to hear that about your brother man that has to be fucking rough. I personally  think we should drone strike known cartels that deal in the shit and execute people  dealing in laced drugs. We had six people die 2 being students from laced Xanax and last I knew the dealer was still free, if it would have been my child or family the dude would have been disappeared or forced to take his own hot pills. China supplies this shit to the cartels which in turn flood the streets of the US they should be treated as terrorist organizations and be dealt with accordingly.
View Quote

Like I said he was definitely taking stuff he shouldn't have been, and I begged with him to get help because I didn't want to see him die. We both had tears in our eyes during that conversation, he knew he needed help. I guess he just couldn't overcome it, I can't imagine the hell he went through trying to get clean. I still picture him as my little brother and to hear people wish death on other's loved ones is sickening.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been sober almost 15 years. Before that though, I took everything.

I don't think people are dying from pills "laced" with fentanyl, I think fake pills are being produced that include fentanyl as a substitute for what is supposed to be in there.

For example, say you are a fan of Norco 10/325 and you find a guy selling them for $1 each. You jump on the deal and they look legit just like what the pharmacy sells. However, they are counterfeit and do not in fact contain the hydrocodone you are expecting. They instead use fentanyl - as it gets you fucked up in a similar way so many people won't know the difference. Problem is, they might be dosed awfully high as Jose isn't the best at math or manufacturing procedures.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

I think the safer version of that is just a few cups of coffee...     that is what I did.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By VectorX:

I think the safer version of that is just a few cups of coffee...     that is what I did.
View Quote

Caffeine and Aspirin  

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#27]
oxycontine taught kids how to take megadoses of opiods. crush and sniff. prior to that there was nothing you found in a drugstore commonly, that was as strong. i worked in a pharmacy as a tech and stock boy. strongest stuff we had was dilaudid and was only ordered if a doctor called us about a patient with serious or terminal cancer. besides that there were percodans (5 mg oxycodone with apc) and you saw a lot of that prescribed by dentists and so forth. didnt see much recreation use of opiods. quaaludes, sopors and parest were popular and amphetamines, especially for studying all night.

i never saw a drug overdose growing up and ive seen it all. we used to order cocaine HCL from merck, 30bucks for an ounce. a doctor (we think) was prescribing it for one of his boy friends. we also had a popular GP who took 5mg dexedrines mornings he did early operation

oxycontin changed all that. taught kids how to get megadoses of opiods. when uncle sugar saw the problem with those, it put the brakes on all opiods. of course the mexican cartels and the chinese labs stepped in to fill the void. now they put fent in everything, including pot. you buy something on the street or someone hands you a pill at a party its like playing russian roulette. and as far as i can tell there is no turning back unless they go to all electric money so that you cant slip a twenty into a trap house and get a couple of fent pills or meth. would not be surprised to see the eventual move to make cash money illegal so that all transactions could be monitored by AI to control the flow of money and put the cartels out of biz, just for the children.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

The same could be said for people who consume too much alcohol; should they be denied medical treatment if they suffer some injury when they are intoxicated?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:08:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By st0newall:
oxycontine taught kids how to take megadoses of opiods. crush and sniff. prior to that there was nothing you found in a drugstore commonly, that was as strong. i worked in a pharmacy as a tech and stock boy. strongest stuff we had was dilaudid and was only ordered if a doctor called us about a patient with serious or terminal cancer. besides that there were percodans (5 mg oxycodone with apc) and you saw a lot of that prescribed by dentists and so forth. didnt see much recreation use of opiods. quaaludes, sopors and parest were popular and amphetamines, especially for studying all night.

i never saw a drug overdose growing up and ive seen it all. we used to order cocaine HCL from merck, 30bucks for an ounce. a doctor (we think) was prescribing it for one of his boy friends. we also had a popular GP who took 5mg dexedrines mornings he did early operation

oxycontin changed all that. taught kids how to get megadoses of opiods. when uncle sugar saw the problem with those, it put the brakes on all opiods. of course the mexican cartels and the chinese labs stepped in to fill the void. now they put fent in everything, including pot. you buy something on the street or someone hands you a pill at a party its like playing russian roulette. and as far as i can tell there is no turning back unless they go to all electric money so that you cant slip a twenty into a trap house and get a couple of fent pills or meth. would not be surprised to see the eventual move to make cash money illegal so that all transactions could be monitored by AI to control the flow of money and put the cartels out of biz, just for the children.
View Quote

Go Dawgs
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Just 4 advil and 2 vitamins when I wake up in the morning.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Corn bread and iced tee have took the place of pills and 90 proof
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:53:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Marty Stuart - Way Out West [Official Video]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:09:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Emeoba69] [#33]
Used to run with some partiers, what GD would call dopers, so have come in contact with an assortment of pharmaceuticals. Most of my friends stopped fucking with them when a buddy of ours OD and died on Spring Break in Mexico.

I don’t know how that part of party culture could survive with fentanyl. I’d be scared shitless doing anything in pill form or cocaine.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Never have, however, I have a suspicion that the same folks who brag about never taking anything stronger than an aspirin or Tylenol are the same types who brag about never missing a days work in 40 years and haven’t left the  county they live in within the last year much less having left the the state or country in their lifetime.

It’s a weird flex.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#35]
No.  Windowpane was not a pill.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Mop. Drugs were one of the few sins I skipped
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Way back when, I would take "No-Doze" (ie: caffeine) when driving long distances.
Took too many of them while driving from Ft Hood to L.A. and trust me...I saw EVERYTHING that fucking moved.

These days I just shotgun a 5-hour energy and haul ass.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:19:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Took upper a little, very very few times. That's it, nothing else.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:29:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DnTrdNMe] [#39]
Originally Posted By Seatbelts:
I have when I was a teen.

But nowadays anyone not paying attention to the fent crisis is trying to keep their head buried in the sand.

Everyone has heard the headlines and listened to an artist who OD'd on some fake percs or Xanax.

At this point if you do drugs and buy a "perc30" then you are trying to buy fent or you want to die
View Quote

Originally Posted By PigBat:
Nobody buys pills that are "laced" with fentanyl anymore. They buy fentanyl, period. And they know damned well they're buying fentanyl. It's not an accidental ingestion; it's intentional.
The "good kid that just took one pill" is a comfortable lie for the families.
View Quote

Incorrect.  Kids are still stupid, fearless, and invincible just like we were.  Your experience is not universal.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By heavy260:
Nope. Never done pills, pot or shrooms. I had acquaintances that did all that stuff and 1 had permanent issues with shrooms.
View Quote

I'm curious what the permanent issues your acquaintance developed from taking shrooms?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Only for my blood pressure.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Wow, what a hard motherfucker!

You wanna put them down yourself?

Ignorance shines in GD.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By redfish86:
I knew some people who took a lot of ecstasy back in the day.  None of them died. All of them had fun.

Rumor has it you could fuck like a porn star after taking a few

Allegedly

I’m told

According to sources
View Quote

Same here, the MDMA was flowing heavy and pure in the late 80's and 90's. we never thought once about getting something bad. It was genuinely unheard of. However there eventually became some that were not full MDMA but even those werent dangerous in a way that would kill someone. Mostly probably some other amphetamine or heroin mix. Once the word went out on those they were completely unsellable or undesirable. Other prescription pharmaceuticals were pretty prevalent as well but those werent really my thing. They were safe since they were legit prescription meds, just flipped on the black market.

Guy I just grew up with just had his wife die. OD'd on half a fake pain pill they split. Last I heard he was ready to off himself from the grief.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Nope, didnt in the 80's and dang sure not starting now.  Never really liked taking pills and pretty much dont even take an advil or tylenol even now.

Have had a script for perco somethings in the early 80's when i had my wisdom teeth pulled.  I didnt take them but did some OTC tylenol or advil then.

Had my appendix taken out in grade school.  I vaguely remember talking pills for a day or maybe two but there was almost the entire bottle left over.  
Do remember my dad telling me any pain i perceive is just weakness leaving your body and lets you know youre still alive!  

Had tooth removed about a year ago, got a script for hydro somethings but didnt take any of them.  Took one doses of advil before the numbing wore off with another batch 4 hrs later and that was it.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Teen in the 70s. I lived in a place that you could walk into a pharmacy and get any drug you wanted without a prescription.

Been a long time since I rock and rolled.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#46]
My best friends and I were a road crew for a local top 40 band. We travelled up and down California for gigs. Yeah we experimented.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#47]
I have never misused prescription medication, or indulged in illegal street drugs.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Fuck no.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Extremely wealthy family I knew in a very small town.  One kid a couple years older than me OD'd on heroin.  His sister, my age, was a druggie that told me she went to Betty Ford clinic, while we were at a 10 year HS reunion.  She suicided a year later.  

I would estimate that these deaths were not publicized back then.  Today it is politics by media.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#50]
No, but I have a hearty bowl of Colon Blow cereal every now and then.
Page / 4
Did You Take Pills? (Page 3 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top