Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AZ_M1:
You would be a fool to trust her.
View Quote

Correct.  Maybe she could be in the Trump admin., serving in the VA or something.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By dump1567:
I heard a pretty good interview from her.  She was being groomed by the Dem party to be the next Pelosi, Hillary, etc.  She pretty much rejected it and went against Hillary.  And from that point on was blackballed. And was told so by fellow legislators.  So, she had every chance for $$ & power but turned it down.  She also is still in the reserves and supports her fellow troops.

She seemed legit to me when I heard her reasoning.
View Quote

What you are describing is not a change of heart, it's revenge for being blackballed by Pelosi.  Helluva thing to base trust on.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Be careful. Remember that one of the best examples of an oxymoron is "honest politician".
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Trump is the only democrat gun grabber ARFCOM supports.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By saigamanTX:
I still get this feeling it's a ruse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOKvF_XwRQg
View Quote

Well, she hasn't been proclaiming conservative ideals on other social issues other than guns, boarder, and oppressive government?  What about the transmafia and grooming in schools?  Has she touched on abortion and welfare?   Has she been campaigning against taxes and crazy spending?

She has moved right on a few issues.  I would consider her approaching a classic liberal, but she is still on the left.

That said, there is no room for her in today's DNC.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#6]
She is not a serving politician, so she can do no harm.

She is saying the right things, but words are wind.

She SOUNDS better than many elected Republicans I could name, that's for sure.

Converts *DO* believe pretty strongly, however.

We shall see, I reckon.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 103:
GD believes only in perfection from day one. Evolution of views is always a lie here. Change is impossible. Purity.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
People here have a thing for lifelong Dems that claim to be conservatives at the last second.
View Quote

Has it been a last second, though?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#9]
That is the $64 question....  Has she publicly disavowed or otherwise rejected her prior views?

Her voting record in Congress is nearly identical to Nancy Pelosi's except for the military (Tulsi tends to favor the armed forces).
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#10]
She is no Whittaker Chambers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Arty8:
I want to believe.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#12]
If she's truly changed she'll send nudes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Firearmsenthusiast:
So if anyone was ever liberal they can never change thier mind?

Yeah I get being skeptical, but to me any liberal that realizes the error of thier ways is win for us.

Trump did it, he gets a pass and she does not?  

View Quote

Did he though? Still an Authoritarian antigun Statist
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Tuco22:
If she's truly changed she'll send nudes.
View Quote

Lawds  yes. If she cared one iota about conservative values, she would provide spank bank material.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ApacheScout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FKPBrLOMxg
View Quote

She supports the second amendment … for now… she’s changed her mind on it once. What’s to say she won’t do it again when it’s expedient for her?

Agree with delemorte on this one.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Politicians aren't to be trusted. Especially the famous ones who have been elevated to the status of celebrity elite.
They aren't our peers and they aren't our friends.
Act accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#17]
If we cant be open to liberals and wrong minded people changing their beliefs, then there is truly no hope for our Country.  I get being skeptical.  But at some point you have to give people the chance to see the light.  Otherwise, WTF is the point?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By cyclone:

Reagan said "trust but verify"................I say "prove, verify then trust" otherwise, no
View Quote

he fucked us to. with the 1986 ban.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
Her credibility and consistency is miles ahead of Trump’s, and I voted for that guy twice.
View Quote

part of her campaign was to ban guns.  he flip flopped on it in office. He has done good and bad with judges.  She has not done anything good at all.

other than maybe pull some of her followers with her.   but how will they vote?  it also does not matter if they cheat more this time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:50:49 PM EDT
[#20]
It really seems like it, but no way to tell other than her getting elected again.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:53:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: madmacs69] [#22]

Yeah I get being skeptical, but to me any liberal that realizes the error of thier ways is win for us.

View Quote

Does she need reelected? Is she going to get reelected as a lefty? Well I guess that would be an overwhelming reason the lie...

Let's see...

She ran for the DNC's presidential nomination in 2020... and failed.

She now wants to be Trump's VP
https://www.newsweek.com/tulsi-gabbards-vice-president-chances-soar-after-donald-trump-remarks-1872446

Sooooo... she gets that job because "she's changed!" Then she does the old Brutus on him... now she's president.

Nope... absolutely no motive to lie.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By delemorte:
I think the left did her so dirty that she saw the light.

But you should not put your trust in any politician.
View Quote

This.

Politicians can’t be trusted period!  Dems, Republicans, they all do us dirty.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I wouldn't begin to really pay attention until she's had to bear real material losses in order to maintain those beliefs - when flipping back the other way would have been less painful and profitable to her.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By FLFALGUY:
I hate to be cynical but the Democrats seemed to toss her to the curb. To stay relevant and make money, she had to re-invent herself.
View Quote

She's the cynical one...

The Democrats broke her rice bowl. She's desperately trying to find a new one. Simple as that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:28:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 56xdx_Z] [#26]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yep, she is persona non grata with the IC aligned democrats due to a few issues (one  of them involves a country that rhymes with McCain), so she has had a little kick in the right wing direction

Quote from her Wiki article.

In March 2022, she said media freedom in Russia is "not so different" from that in the United States. PolitiFact described her claim as false, noting that in Russia the government represses independent media and free speech
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
People here have a thing for lifelong Dems that claim to be conservatives at the last second.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#28]
The way the Republicans are in today's politics, we might as well give her the benefit of the doubt. If she does stab the Right in the back, at least it wouldn't be as disappointing as when a so-called solid "conservative" does.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#29]
I wouldn't be surprised if she's genuinely been red pilled. I used to be much more left leaning than I currently am, until I joined arfcom. No shit. This place exposed me to many ideas and truths that I just wasn't finding elsewhere. It opened my eyes. Now I'm the most conservative atheist you're likely to ever find. Even to the point I don't like the nation's slide towards atheism. I appreciate my Christian brethren and their efforts more than ever these days. I think her eyes have finally been opened to a lot of truths, the kind that once seen can never be unseen.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ronin72:
A  scorpion wants to cross a river but cannot swim, so it asks a frog to carry it across. The frog hesitates, afraid that the scorpion might sting it, but the scorpion promises not to, pointing out that it would drown if it killed the frog in the middle of the river.

The frog considers this argument sensible and agrees to transport the scorpion. Midway across the river, the scorpion stings the frog anyway, dooming them both.

The dying frog asks the scorpion why it stung him despite knowing the consequence, to which the scorpion replies: "I am sorry, but I couldn't resist the urge. It's my nature."
View Quote

Wow....your hate is more eloquent than most ole geezers
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Morecoffeeplease1:
Didn’t Hawaii lock down for an excessively long time under her during covid?  I would never trust her.
View Quote

She left Congress on 03 Jan 2021.  Before there was even a vaccine , get your hate and derp, right yo!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

We agree.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

I would say this ^^^^^^^...I bet she would be better than about 90% of our current  congressional fucktards........
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Possibly but I’m convinced that 99% of the republicans aren’t red pilled themselves, just a bunch of grifting pretenders.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#35]
This is probably when her fall from grace with the democrats was set in stone:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Arming_Terrorists_Act

She successfully pushed through Rand Paul's act to halt arms supplies  to Al Qaeda. NPR screeched that she was depriving "US Allies" of much needed weapons. This may be why the CIA had Ukraine add her to the same list that Gonzalo Lira was on.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By lovetohunt:
Maybe, but she is a politician. Don’t trust politicians.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Taking the opportunity to pretend to be a conservative, but in reality, she is a big fat liar....just like all the rest of them..... these are the last people on earth I would trust with anything......
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#38]
I heard a pretty good interview from her.  She was being groomed by the Dem party to be the next Pelosi, Hillary, etc.  She pretty much rejected it and went against Hillary.  And from that point on was blackballed. And was told so by fellow legislators.  So, she had every chance for $$ & power but turned it down.  She also is still in the reserves and supports her fellow troops.

View Quote

I want to say this was on the Lex Fridman podcast.  She did one around the same time with Joe Rogan as well, similar topics.

https://twitter.com/lexfridman/status/1775203211541959044
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Morecoffeeplease1:
Didn’t Hawaii lock down for an excessively long time under her during covid?  I would never trust her.
View Quote

"under her" meaning what?

HI is a communist shithole, she's not in charge of it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
Maybe, but her voting record is problematic and we shouldn't be rushing her into a position of power because she's saying what we want to hear.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Dumak:

Well, she hasn't been proclaiming conservative ideals on other social issues other than guns, boarder, and oppressive government?  What about the transmafia and grooming in schools?  Has she touched on abortion and welfare?   Has she been campaigning against taxes and crazy spending?

She has moved right on a few issues.  I would consider her approaching a classic liberal, but she is still on the left.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dumak:

She's hit every one of those issues and more.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#43]
"Let them fight."

Support her attacks on the Dems, but don't buy into her completely just because she seems to agree with you on one subject.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:

I would say this ^^^^^^^...I bet she would be better than about 90% of our current  congressional fucktards........
View Quote

very good possibility.
you know the ones who have a net worth of $2 when they are elected and 4 years later have a net worth of $2M and fuck us over every. single. day with kabuki theater.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#45]
I do believe she has seen the light and speaks the truth.  But I still wouldn't trust her much past whatever brownie points conservatives can score off of her newfound notoriety within her former party.

It was fun watching her go from party rising star to political pariah to literal turncoat, in record time.  All over a beef with FHRC.  Surprised she is still alive TBH.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#46]
I do believe that people can see the light, but until there's a long and proven track record, I'll continue to be a skeptic.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

NOONE gets a pass.

Our duty is to maintain universal distrust of anyone seeking office or influence or power or authority.

Former Democrat?  Distrust.  Lifelong Republican? Distrust.  Third Party?  Distrust.  Veteran?  Distrust.  Intellectual?  Distrust.  Farmer?  Distrust.  Business leader?  Distrust.  Distrust EVERONE who wants your vote and to tell you what to do!

Just how many times being burned does it take for some of you idiots to stop licking the stove to see if it is still hot and then still complaining about your burned tongues?!?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#49]
I do not trust her.

There are other choices.

She is or was a Democrat.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Yet 87% of people in this thread love Trump.

Can’t make this stuff up.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top