BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hoss622:

She made the decision based on an incident that was HER fault (she didn’t control her dog) with a 14 month old dog.  If she did plan on being a breeder, she was incompetent.  I’ve known some very “hard” bird dog people in my day, and none of them would have blamed this chicken incident on the 14 month old dog, that the owner failed to control.  

I’ve been at field trials where dogs competing in “puppy class” have gotten away and started harassing caged birds waiting to be put in the field.  Do you think the other bird dog owners blamed the pups or the owner?  When this has happened, the owners were always embarrassed, and they knew that if they took it out on their dogs, in front of a crowd of bird dog people, they’d never be allowed to come back.
View Quote
Noem took the non-intervention of the rando roadworkers as thumbs up for her actions.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Culling animals from your farm/ranch/plantation is standard operating procedure.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By txgp17:
Culling animals from your farm/ranch/plantation is standard operating procedure.
View Quote

Uh.

Same in politics.

Buh bye, Kristi.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By XNARC:

I have dogs, but I don’t give them human status…they’re not going to cross any rainbow bridge. Stop wringing hands and clutching pearls over what the left doesn’t like, they’re virtual signaling anyway. They’ll murders baby, because it might interfere with their trip to Cancun. If it wasn’t dog, she’d be attacked for hunting Bambi , and making sausage. As I’ve  said, who gives a shit what these fucktards that have made murdering babies and mutilating  children into a demonic art form, and that’s the perspective  that should be presented. Anyone who gives this so much attention, plays into the lefts ambush tactics, and using your words is retard level stupid.

https://i.imgur.com/VZtnKjc.jpg

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#6]
We don’t need a woman in the Oval Office or leading the armed services of America…so many think we have to be diverse, when we just need someone who can handle the communists and their propaganda militia
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:

That’s really the crux of the issue.

If the dog really was a complete psycho, aggressive, biting kids and people then good shoot. That said, I’ve met a lot of bird dogs and I’ve never met an aggressive one. We’re talking GSP’s not mals and pit bulls…

Writing about it as a politician is weapons grade stupid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By scotchymcdrinkerbean:

And none of that changes the fact that people don't want to know how the sausage is made, and telling everyone about it makes them not want to vote for you.

That’s really the crux of the issue.

If the dog really was a complete psycho, aggressive, biting kids and people then good shoot. That said, I’ve met a lot of bird dogs and I’ve never met an aggressive one. We’re talking GSP’s not mals and pit bulls…

Writing about it as a politician is weapons grade stupid.

Agree with your post; merely bringing up an example in my own extended family where they had to put down a Chessie that flipped out and went for an older relative.  I wasn't there.  I don't know exactly how everything went down, just throwing that example out concerning sporting breeds.  

I still think Noem was a complete fucking idiot for writing this in a book, and I'm about 95% sure in the instant case, she way overreacted with regards to her dog.  Completely agree with @beardog30 's point upthread about most people bitching about animal welfare, yet gleefully chowing down on this or that Tyson product, and being offended if you raised prices to incorporate increased animal welfare practices in modern agriculture/husbandry.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:19:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By L_JE:

Uh.

Same in politics.

Buh bye, Kristi.
View All Quotes

Uh.

Same in politics.

Buh bye, Kristi.

Attachment Attached File

That really should end the thread.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/wow-727.gif

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

Uh.

Same in politics.

Buh bye, Kristi.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/wow-727.gif

Yup. She self selected on this one, you have to be able to read the broader electorate.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

True, however, writing about it for public consumption in a way that calls to mind some level of psychopathy is not.  

Maybe she plans to use the public outcry about it to compare it to abortion.  That is the ONLY thing I can imagine it potentially being of any positive use.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#11]
People are mad about a dog being put down after it attacked livestock.

Good lord.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By LineOfDeparture:

Good lord.
View Quote

You don't have the ability to understand how this could be a political liability on the national stage?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Now she can write a book “How I committed political suicide and destroyed my chances of being a politician on the national stage or Why I never really wanted to leave South Dakota”
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:

You don't have the ability to understand how this could be a political liability on the national stage?
View Quote

I didn't mention anything about the people pointing out the political liability of this. Learn to read.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#16]

I didn't mention anything about the people pointing out the political liability of this. Learn to read.
View All Quotes

That's the point of this. It's not just because she put the dog down. It's how she came out about it as a political figure.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:46:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LittleBigHorn] [#17]
I’m not really understanding the anger amongst many of you.  They bred a dog intended to do a job, but it didn’t and couldn’t.  Then it attacked not only humans, but livestock.  It’s never an easy decision to put a working dog down, but sometimes it needs to be done.  And that’s what she did and that is the message she conveyed.

Culling isn’t anything new.  Some of you are far too emotional.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:47:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ZW17:
That’s farm life.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#19]

That's the point of this. It's not just because she put the dog down. It's how she came out about it as a political figure.
View Quote

That may be the point of it for you, however, this entire thread is replete with people whining about the dog itself.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By LittleBigHorn:
I’m not really understanding the anger amongst many of you.  They bred a dog intended to do a job, but it didn’t and couldn’t.  Then it attacked not only humans, but livestock.  It’s never an easy decision to put a working dog down, but sometimes it needs to be done.  And that’s what she did and that is the message she conveyed.

View Quote

For me personally there's no emotion involved, I'm looking at it from the political perspective. She is attempting to move from the state level to the national level and has been prepping this move for awhile. Letting something our like this has proven incredibly tone deaf and is not something the majority of modern American voters can relate to.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#21]
RIP her political career.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Haha picture of “tree hugging hippy” who lives in fantasy land. Sure buddy, just keep telling yourself that.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68059/38079392-C2FE-4E23-9645-4BFD0A84C027_jpe-3200182.JPG

Maybe just not a complete psychopath who is a realist with regards to the American electorate.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Josh:

Nobody's "boasting" about anything.

It's life.

You and your tree hugging hippy buddies who live in some fantasy world while pretending you understand, you simply don't.

Haha picture of “tree hugging hippy” who lives in fantasy land. Sure buddy, just keep telling yourself that.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68059/38079392-C2FE-4E23-9645-4BFD0A84C027_jpe-3200182.JPG

Maybe just not a complete psychopath who is a realist with regards to the American electorate.

Wow you killed a deer.  You're so cool.  You're my hero.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#23]

She didn’t even try to rehome the dog though.  She acted out of anger and dislike for the dog.  When you buy a dog, you assume responsibilities, even if things go poorly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MedmanKS:

You’re assuming a lot.
Would it be a good family pet?
What’s the market for that where she is?
Are people who don’t buy ‘hunting dogs’ for hunting buying them for pets?

We don’t know.
I love dogs as much as anyone. Period.
But I understand utility. And necessity.

I’m not driving from the back seat.

She didn’t even try to rehome the dog though.  She acted out of anger and dislike for the dog.  When you buy a dog, you assume responsibilities, even if things go poorly.

There's no such thing as "rehome".  That's a rich city kid word.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Good lord.

Why do so many people care about "political liability"?

I don't give a fuck what the governor of SD does.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Aspida1776:

Bullshit. She's too busy playing girl boss games to train the dog so the dog - with all that energy - went wild. She should have had someone training the dog from the puppy stage. Telling that story now is political naivete and will not endure her to voters that don't hunt.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aspida1776:
Originally Posted By ZW17:
That's farm life.

Bullshit. She's too busy playing girl boss games to train the dog so the dog - with all that energy - went wild. She should have had someone training the dog from the puppy stage. Telling that story now is political naivete and will not endure her to voters that don't hunt.
Wow that's pretty misogynistic of you to say she's too busy being a girl boss.  Wasn't she governor of South Dakota?  Does being governor mean she isn't allowed hobbies?  Maybe there's more to the story than she stated or maybe it's just an animal to her and she isn't overly sensitive to animals.  Most people have no clue of what it's like growing up bottle feeding calves that you will slaughter in the fall.  It gives you a different perspective about animals.  I have seen professional dog handlers cull dogs who were tough mouthed during the retrieve.  It is a different mindset than what we have for our pets.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:12:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AbleArcher] [#26]

View All Quotes

Good lord.

Potential VP pick for Trump? Were you unaware of that?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Good lord.

Dude you might be a "potential VP pick for Trump".  Nobody gives a fuck.  

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Good lord.

Okie dokie
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By beardog30:

Maybe…maybe not.  Lots of breeding programs seek to eliminate the need for training when it comes to behavior.  Again completely subjective…you disagree with her actions…but your opinion means nothing in the decision making process in this instance.  Why bother with a subjective value statement when it’s irrelevant?

Good for them…still irrelevant in regards to what the owner feels is or isn’t acceptable when it comes to desirable traits.
View Quote

There are breeding programs where they think it is possible to eliminate training when it comes to behavior?  What the hell are you talking about?  Some dogs may be genetically easier to train than others, but no dog is born knowing how to be a finished bird dog.

She's a politician, not a professional bird dog breeder.  Pretending that her angry decision is the same thing as the dispassionate culling decision of an experienced dog breeder, is intellectually dishonest.

Since she's an ambitious politician, I'm glad this angry, incredibly poor decision has been brought to light.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#31]

I have dogs, but I don’t give them human status…they’re not going to cross any rainbow bridge. Stop wringing hands and clutching pearls over what the left doesn’t like, they’re virtual signaling anyway. They’ll murders baby, because it might interfere with their trip to Cancun. If it wasn’t dog, she’d be attacked for hunting Bambi , and making sausage. As I’ve  said, who gives a shit what these fucktards that have made murdering babies and mutilating  children into a demonic art form, and that’s the perspective  that should be presented. Anyone who gives this so much attention, plays into the lefts ambush tactics, and using your words is retard level stupid.

Here’s the truth behind the ‘willow’ tear-jerker ad

https://www.liveaction.org/news/biden-ad-three-big-lies-woman-abortion/

View Quote

Of course she's better than a crazy liberal.  That doesn't mean she's the best choice that Republicans can make.  This is an important data point.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#32]

Of course she's better than a crazy liberal.  That doesn't mean she's the best choice that Republicans can make.  This is an important data point.
View All Quotes

I have dogs, but I don't give them human status they're not going to cross any rainbow bridge. Stop wringing hands and clutching pearls over what the left doesn't like, they're virtual signaling anyway. They'll murders baby, because it might interfere with their trip to Cancun. If it wasn't dog, she'd be attacked for hunting Bambi , and making sausage. As I've  said, who gives a shit what these fucktards that have made murdering babies and mutilating  children into a demonic art form, and that's the perspective  that should be presented. Anyone who gives this so much attention, plays into the lefts ambush tactics, and using your words is retard level stupid.

Here's the truth behind the 'willow' tear-jerker ad

https://www.liveaction.org/news/biden-ad-three-big-lies-woman-abortion/

I'm pretty sure Truman did worse.  I'm surprised her editor let it run but let's keep this in perspective.  It's not like her uncle Bozie was eaten by cannibals.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:41:30 PM EDT
[#33]
https://babylonbee.com/news/im-sorry-i-have-to-do-this-says-kristi-noem-pumping-shotgun-after-puppy-playfully-barks-at-mailman

PIERRE, SD — After Governor Kristi Noem caught her puppy playfully barking at the mailman today, she broke out her 12-gauge shotgun and apologized for what was about to happen.

"I'm sorry it's come to this, Max," said Noem, loading two shells in the magazine. "But you did bark at the mailman, after I specifically asked you not to. Don't worry, I'll make it fast."

According to sources, Governor Noem had only last week blown away her last puppy with an AR-15 after she caught him digging in the garden. "These dogs are just so hard to train," said Noem, cleaning her rifle. "It's a shame you have to annihilate a few puppies with high-grade weaponry, but hey - that's just life on a farm!"

Governor Noem reportedly led her puppy Max down to the infamous gravel pit where she prefers to perform her executions. "Stop dragging your paws, Max. Ugh, you are just the worst," said Noem as they walked into the puppy graveyard. "Four dozen puppies, and I still haven't found one that can be trained. Oh, well. Get ready for doggie heaven, Max."

At publishing time, Democrats had condemned Noem for killing puppies when they aren't even Jewish.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Good lord.
View Quote

It's a bird dog that attacked birds after it's owner didn't control it in the presence of birds.

That's like shooting a terrier because it killed someone's pet rat, when the owner put it in the presence of said rat.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By LittleBigHorn:

View Quote

Anyone who thinks a 14 month old bird dog should be "judged" as to whether or not it can do a job, doesn't know anything about bird dogs or training them.  It attacked birds, because it's owner didn't control a bird dog in the presence of birds.  Based on everything else she's said, I'm really starting to question her account of it being aggressive towards her too.

I have zero tolerance for aggressiveness towards people, by the way.  But all of this was a situation SHE created through her incompetence and poor decisions.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By The-White-Dog:

If she's a moron, yes.

The dog analogy is either made-up bullshit to make her sound tough, or it illustrates the complete failure of a hunter to adapt their training to the dog.

I've had GWP's my whole life, and my father had them for 50 years of his; they aren't untrainable. Some just require different methods and patience. If the dog had made it to 14 months as was as uncontrollable as claimed, there is only the owner to blame.
View Quote

I don't give a crap about Noem and her story, but to deny that some dogs just arent wired right from birth is just stupid.  Some are born aggressive, snappy, stupid, slow, or any combination of negatives, just like some dogs are smart or easy to train, have better memories, eyesight, athleticism, etc.  The owner isnt always to blame for a bad dog, but they are always to blame if a bad dog is and stays put of control and hurts someone.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Good lord.
View Quote

It’s a bird dog. Of course it attacked chickens. She failed to control her animal.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#38]

It's a bird dog that attacked birds after it's owner didn't control it in the presence of birds.

That's like shooting a terrier because it killed someone's pet rat, when the owner put it in the presence of said rat.
View Quote

Or a pitbull after it attacks a toddler.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:56:02 PM EDT
[#39]

Or a pitbull after it attacks a toddler.
View Quote

Unironically yes
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#40]

There's no such thing as "rehome".  That's a rich city kid word.
View Quote

Call it whatever you want.  We found two people that wanted these two dogs, took them, and were happy with them.  Old owners, new owners and two dogs were made happy by the situation.  Compare and contrast with what Kristi Noem did.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:57:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glock63] [#41]
View Quote

Wether you find fault in her actions or not, I have a hard time coming up with anything fucking dumber to write about in a book.  I support 90% of what she did here as governor, but her political career is now dead.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:00:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beardog30] [#42]

There are breeding programs where they think it is possible to eliminate training when it comes to behavior?  What the hell are you talking about?  Some dogs may be genetically easier to train than others, but no dog is born knowing how to be a finished bird dog.

She's a politician, not a professional bird dog breeder.  Pretending that her angry decision is the same thing as the dispassionate culling decision of an experienced dog breeder, is intellectually dishonest.

Since she's an ambitious politician, I'm glad this angry, incredibly poor decision has been brought to light.
View Quote

Umm that’s the basis for animal husbandry… lol you do understand that the line breeding is the mechanism enhancing the desired behavior
While no dog is going to be bred as a finished dog, breeding for specific behaviors is one of the cornerstones of a breeding program.  It’s beyond apparent that you know nothing about animal husbandry.

Example.  Many pointing dogs don’t start pointing until they are 1.5-2 years of age.  Let’s say I’m a breeder, I want my dogs to consistently be pointing at 4 months of age.  That is a behavior that has and can be bred for and there are many lines that only got there through culling.  Sometime 80-90% of a litter over 20-30 generations to get to consistent results.

Let’s look at cash/berg brothers vs. someone like paint creek. Wildly different acting dogs…same breed.  Cash & BB long legged, extremely biddable, high headed bird dogs.  Paint creek setters; smaller, more compact, stubborn but confident, shorter range, and variable head position dogs.  

They’ve bred specific behaviors as well as specific physical attributes.  None of the dogs they have would have been possible if it were not for culling.  That’s not to say they cull…but not one ounce of the starter genetics used would be possible without someone at some point culling out non desirable behaviors.

What’s dishonest… is kidding yourself that you have the faintest clue about animal husbandry and what’s laughable is the hypocrisy exhibited by you that’s based off half truths and failures on your part to acknowledge reality.  You’re emotional and it’s clouding your ability to remain objective.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:
Wow that's pretty misogynistic of you to say she's too busy being a girl boss.  Wasn't she governor of South Dakota?  Does being governor mean she isn't allowed hobbies?  Maybe there's more to the story than she stated or maybe it's just an animal to her and she isn't overly sensitive to animals.  Most people have no clue of what it's like growing up bottle feeding calves that you will slaughter in the fall.  It gives you a different perspective about animals.  I have seen professional dog handlers cull dogs who were tough mouthed during the retrieve.  It is a different mindset than what we have for our pets.  
View Quote

There are ways to train away a "hard mouth."  I know this, because I had to do it.  A trainer that would kill a dog for that is lazy.

Training an upland bird dog is a huge time commitment.  Ideally, you're working with it at least every other day for a half hour minimum, with live birds, and even more on weekends.  The absolute minimum is every day without birds (doing things you can do without birds) and on the weekends with birds.  When I had a year old dog and work wasn't allowing me to do this for a couple of months, I paid a trainer to take him for those two months so that he'd get the training he needed every single day.  It was expensive.  It isn't a "hobby" that you can choose to indulge when you feel like, or when you have time.  If you're not putting in the time and effort very consistently, the best breeding in the world won't make a difference.

I know a little bit about what I'm talking about.  When I was really into this, ten acres of my property was a permitted "dog training ground" by the state of Ohio.  My "bird bill" was staggering.  I tried using return pens for quail and pigeons, but the coyotes and foxes made that impossible.  If you want a cheap hobby that doesn't require a lot of (and very consistent) time, don't get into bird dogs.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

That is why this has become a story. It is going to scare away the suburban soccer Karens, who up until now, saw Noem as a non threatening farm girl.

Someone doesn't want her to be the VP selection.

And judging by some of the reactions in this thread, it also looks like it has scared off the soy boys.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#45]
I fail to see why this is a big deal...  dog was a liability, had killed livestock, and was her personal property to do as she pleased.  Was a good kill.  The goat sounds like it would of made a good dinner too.

When I was a child I had a GSD that bothered a nearby farmer and his livestock too.  Guess what, farmer killed my dog, it happens.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Uh.

Same in politics.

Buh bye, Kristi.
View All Quotes

Uh.

Same in politics.

Buh bye, Kristi.

Well said ,what a cunt punch to the few arseholes who are defending her .
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#47]

It's pretty obvious Tulsi is a totally different person since she got shitcanned by the democrats.
View Quote

I don't think she got shitcanned as much as she left them by not going along with their shit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By beardog30:

Umm that’s the basis for animal husbandry… lol you do understand that the line breeding is the mechanism enhancing the desired behavior
While no dog is going to be bred as a finished dog, breeding for specific behaviors is one of the cornerstones of a breeding program.  It’s beyond apparent that you know nothing about animal husbandry.

Example.  Many pointing dogs don’t start pointing until they are 1.5-2 years of age.  Let’s say I’m a breeder, I want my dogs to consistently be pointing at 4 months of age.  That is a behavior that has and can be bred for and there are many lines that only got there through culling.  Sometime 80-90% of a litter over 20-30 generations to get to consistent results.

Let’s look at cash/berg brothers vs. someone like paint creek. Wildly different acting dogs…same breed.  Cash & BB long legged, extremely biddable, high headed bird dogs.  Paint creek setters; smaller, more compact, stubborn but confident, shorter range, and variable head position dogs.  

They’ve bred specific behaviors as well as specific physical attributes.  None of the dogs they have would have been possible if it were not for culling.  That’s not to say they cull…but not one ounce of the starter genetics used would be possible without someone at some point culling out non desirable behaviors.

What’s dishonest… is kidding yourself that you have the faintest clue about animal husbandry and what’s laughable is the hypocrisy exhibited by you that’s based off half truths and failures on your part to acknowledge reality.  You’re emotional and it’s clouding your ability to remain objective.
View Quote

Again, you're comparing the macro programs of many many years of breeding to develop a line of dogs, to something that a single person (who isn't a breeder) did, for reasons that have nothing to do with creating a better breed.  That's what's intellectually dishonest.

Honestly, I wouldn't do business with a breeder that culled in this day and age, unless it had some horrible genetic disorder which wasn't going to allow it to live very long anyway..  Instead of selling the dog, papered, for $2000, you sell it (or give it away) unpapered with an agreement not to breed.  It's how I bought my current dog, since I had no plans to breed her.  The breeder charges extra to get the ball rolling on the AKC paperwork.

Am I a softie about dogs?  Sure.  My last dog I literally pulled out of it's mother and got it to start breathing (because it wasn't) and I was also holding and petting her when the vet pushed the meds to end her pain when she had cancer, 11 years later.  Do I treat my current dog like a baby like my wife does?  No, I don't, but I don't treat her like livestock either, because she isn't.  She's my pet.  I've never been a big fan of people that keep their high end bird dogs in kennels with little human contact, except for when they are working on birds.  I just don't get people that are like that.  Dog's aren't beef steers and they aren't fishing boats.  People that treat them that way don't get my respect.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#49]
I know some NSTRA people that do the same cuz they can't be trained they say. Just put him in the setter pile. But this might be a little different
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:40:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chuck25] [#50]

Farm life or not, probably something you should kee your mouth shut about if you are vying for the VP nomination where you are trying to win over undecided suburban house wives.
View Quote

@buckeyerifleman

100%

I’ve had to put down a problem animal or two, and only one for safety.  Big bore we were raising to breed some pigs.  Got so big and mean he tried to tare through every fence we put up, and went after my son.  

She literally lost all credibility to me for putting this out there.  Is she trying to kill her career in politics?

Not sure about the dog, probably could have been rehabbed.
The goat is even dumber in my book.  Why even bring it up and pen it up they are not that hard to keep in and don’t way several hundred pounds like my big boar.  Sale it or cook it, but saying one of the good reasons to kill it is because it smells like a goat I have nothing.

Unfortunately she like many Republicans can’t stick to what needs to be done in politics and run their mouths.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top