Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the modern American public education system. Not a surprise at all.

I remember when I was in 8th grade and was tackled from behind by a kid that was like 50 pounds heavier than me and when we went to the principles office I was blamed and told "it was my own fault" for getting bullied because I had long hair at the time. He said this on speakerphone talking to my mom, even.

Fuck public education.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Malbec:
You inserted yourself in something that had absolutely nothing to do with you?

View Quote
I think it was appropriate. Maybe it's a small town mentality but I would inform the parents of any child my kid was associated with that something was up. It is how we build a better community.

OP it's my experience that the superintendent is there to protect the school. I would be surprised if he does anything positive to remedy the mistakes and lies of the Principal. Your best bet is with the school board.

With that said-the parents could be lying to you and the principal. Most bullies are bullied by a family member first. It would be surprising that they are unaware of their child's behavior. The child would have to have sociopathic tendencies in order to be under the radar and the odds are if he does - it would be trauma related. Even Eric Harris had trauma in his background.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Concentricity:

Twice before when the parents had black hair and not white skin, those parents denied that their kids did anything at all, let alone anything wrong. That's why I mentioned that these parents looked Irish by their hair color, because they accepted responsibility and acted like they gave a shit. That's why. Does that make sense to you? @GilTPayne
View Quote
Twice before? How many times has your kid gotten into altercations with other kids at school?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:42:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tweek218] [#4]
You drove to their house in person to confront the parents about what their child did at school…and the incident didn’t even involve your own child.

Wow.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GilTPayne:
Whats the parents hair color have to do with the story?
View Quote

It’s a known fact redheads don’t have souls.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:57:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SparticleBrane] [#6]
Originally Posted By Tweek218:
You drove to their house in person to confront the parents about what their child did at school…and the incident didn’t even involve your own child.

Wow.
View Quote

OP: "But teacher, what about giving us homework??" when there's a sub.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:58:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SparticleBrane] [#7]
duplicate
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:
In this thread, we find out that OP has zero idea about what ADD/ADHD actually is. At all. Being forgetful, a lack of impulse control, and emotional dysregulation does not make someone "mildly or severely retarded".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:
In this thread, we find out that OP has zero idea about what ADD/ADHD actually is. At all. Being forgetful, a lack of impulse control, and emotional dysregulation does not make someone "mildly or severely retarded".

Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
I really don't see what ADD has much to do with this either period a lot of people have ADD it doesn't make you violence or be even a way like that kid.

These.  ADD/ADHD basically means that someone's brain is running at warp speed 24x7.  It's hard to focus on a task because we're constantly moving onward to think about something different.  It's hard to fall asleep because my brain doesn't want to shut down for the night.

It has nothing to do with violent behavior, being an asshole, picking on other people, bullying, or whatever else the OP is blaming on it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Krav Maga and Muy Tai are your friends.  Leaving a good kid without the ability to defend himself against animals is criminal.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a dispute with a principal at my kids school years ago before I wised up and pulled them out of the public education system. The sorry fuck ended up on video in the schools admin office choking an 8 yr old girl. Fired and now a felon. These people do not have your child’s best interests as a priority no matter what they say.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Maybe you should find out who all the other parents are, document everything as a group, gather all the evidence that each of you have, and then go to the school board with it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#13]
@Concentricity

My advice is always lawyer up! You need to understand what rights you have. Also, your kid needs BJJ lessons. When ADD kid finds out you talked to his parents, your kid is going to get it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:38:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flyhack72] [#14]
Call the Ethics hotline.

The Super won't want this headache.  I wouldn't raise the issue with the Super until after I called the Ethics hotline.

Administrators will cover up their misdeeds and cover their asses.  You need an independent investigator which is what will happen when an Ethics violation is reported.

That investigator will determine who is telling the truth, who is lying, and what type of actions the principal did (reviewing paperwork)

<---Teacher and Administrator
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 80085:
Do not meet one on one with the superintendent.

Bring the information up in a public board meeting so that everyone knows. If the superintendent and the principal are not doing a good job for the students then this information needs to become public knowledge.
View Quote

This ^^^

Go to the next school board meeting in full-Karen mode. School administration is complicit in allowing physical harm be done to children. That is not okay.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top