Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:16:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Better not have any drinks. Now that you’ve said that next time you have a sip of beer your getting lit up
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:38:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Drive through Globe.
They'll pull you right the fuck over.

I've been pulled over twice there in my brand new Jeep.
First time, it was three months (!!!!) after buying it.

Globe doesn't have a police force.
They have revenue generators, out writing tickets.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#3]
My trailer plate registration ran out in 2014. They have changed the rules so I couldn't register it without inspection for a few years and I just skipped it. They changed the law back but the Vin is illegible now. The paint on the plate is age cracking and the sticker is gone.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:43:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By GilTPayne:
I bought a new bronco a year and a half ago, in the first month the paper license plate fell off.  I never replaced it with the supplied plate, nor the little sticker that goes on the new plate (Arizona).

I have been in front of cops at lights hundreds of times, never pulled over.

I don't really stop at stop lights, I stop, make sure nothing is coming then proceed through the light.   I realized my invisibility to police today when I noticed I did this with a cop directly behind me at the light.

Have I discovered a life cheat code, or are police not pulling people over as much or has it just been an amazing string of luck, where I ought to go buy a lotto ticket?
View Quote

Did you buy one of those invisibility shields?

Maybe you're a ghost and just think you are living in our world
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:43:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a new bronco a year and a half ago, in the first month the paper license plate fell off.  I never replaced it with the supplied plate, nor the little sticker that goes on the new plate (Arizona).

I have been in front of cops at lights hundreds of times, never pulled over.

I don't really stop at stop lights, I stop, make sure nothing is coming then proceed through the light.   I realized my invisibility to police today when I noticed I did this with a cop directly behind me at the light.

Have I discovered a life cheat code, or are police not pulling people over as much or has it just been an amazing string of luck, where I ought to go buy a lotto ticket?
View Quote

Plate readers only work when there is a plate.  You’re dividing by zero!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:48:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HillaryClinton:
No plates and running a red light. He probably thinks it's stolen and doesn't want to get into a gunfight.

Reminds me of this scene.
https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-11-2018/O2cmLE.gif
View Quote
What's that from?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:50:34 PM EDT
[#7]

I can tell you that in VA if a ticket is issued you'll pay one way or another. If you go to court the judge may drop the ticket since the issue was fixed but still charge you court costs. They may not drop the ticket and charge you for that and the court costs.

This seemed to change after government cutbacks due to 9/11. Prior to 9/11 every non-moving violation I had was thrown out when I proved I had fixed the issue before going to court. After 9/11 I paid court costs on every one and sometimes the ticket costs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By McGuy:
Originally Posted By BobP:

I worked with a guy who owned an RV he used to go fishing once a year. He'd drive from the Twin Cities to northern Minnesota. One year he he got the renewal and thought he'd wait to pay until he went on the trip. He forgot.  Next year he did the same thing, and the next. When he went on his trips, he didn't remember about the plates, and just drove.

He got pulled over finally with plates 4 years expired. He got a ticket for it. On the way back from fishing, he got pulled over again. This time, he showed the officer his ticket, and was let go with a verbal warning.

Tags have gone waaaay up in price im my area. A friend of mine just let his expire. He figures if he gets a ticket he'll go renew the next day and the ticket will probably get tossed.

I can tell you that in VA if a ticket is issued you'll pay one way or another. If you go to court the judge may drop the ticket since the issue was fixed but still charge you court costs. They may not drop the ticket and charge you for that and the court costs.

This seemed to change after government cutbacks due to 9/11. Prior to 9/11 every non-moving violation I had was thrown out when I proved I had fixed the issue before going to court. After 9/11 I paid court costs on every one and sometimes the ticket costs.

No idea of how it works here, I think he's being bold but he can afford it either way.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Amish_Bill:
What's that from?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Amish_Bill:
No plates and running a red light. He probably thinks it's stolen and doesn't want to get into a gunfight.

What's that from?

"The Town" it's no Heat, but it's one of my favorite heist flicks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:55:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Claims are gay.

Join date is gayer.

Bronco is gayest.

Rated GAY Troll!!!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:03:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe you’re unalive? Do some other stuff and report back.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 3BP:
Claims are gay.

Join date is gayer.

Bronco is gayest.

Rated GAY Troll!!!!
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:05:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 3BP:
Claims are gay.

Join date is gayer.

Bronco is gayest.

Rated GAY Troll!!!!
View Quote

I couldn't find GAY Troll so I voted regular Troll.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:44:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Huh, must be nice

I thought I was about to get stopped Wednesday night on my lunch break. Driving across town doing the speed limit, saw a deputy headed the other direction hit the brakes and start to u turn. I turned left, pulled in the drive thru, and killed the lights and engine (diesel so shutting off to order is SOP)

Saw the deputy slam the brakes at the intersection and take off right, then determine I must have turned left instead so he whips another u turn and hammers down, then a couple minutes later cruises back by and pulls into a neighboring lot. The minute I pull out he's on my ass, but just follows me most of the way back to work before getting on the highway.

Not sure what that was about, but the footage is stored on my dash cam for the next 2 weeks if anything else happens
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:01:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Cops are busy on their MDTs, radios, and phones. I pull-up next to them and at times they don't even look. Talk about distracted driving.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:38:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tobysi] [#15]

View Quote

What movie is that from?

ETA nvm, answered above.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:48:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: super223] [#16]
silent hit.. handling codes usually makes cops back off ppl who have em'.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#17]
From what I've seen in the past few years since covid and various "police reform" laws dictating what kind of stops can be made, cops basically aren't pulling anyone over for anything short of egregious violations.

Every day I see people:

- with plates expired several years ago
- no plates at all and no temp tags
- speeding - 20 over seems to be the new normal
- weaving aggressively in traffic
- using the HOV lane as a passing lane or solo speeding lane

Cops don't care about any of the above and in many cases are completely absent on the road in the first place.

I remember years back my wife getting pulled over and ticketed the very morning she found out her front plate had been stolen. Now? I didn't like the front plate on my E30 so I just took it off. No attention from cops.

Shit's the wild west on the road now
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By UV18:
You drive a Bronco.

They just figure you are gay and don't want to deal with a drama llama.
View Quote

They fold up like accordions in crashes. Seriously, my body shop guy wouldn't touch one.
You learn a lot talking to those guys.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#19]
OP broke the law twice in front of off duty police, now thinks he's magic.  

We'll know you did something real stupid if you disappear like SotD.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I drive a station wagon.  Completely invisible.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#21]
My tabs expired 2 years ago. I'm not paying $600 so fentanyl zombies can ride the light rail train. Been in front of cops lots of times. They don't care and neither do I
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#22]

I agree with him 100%, truly do not like it.
View Quote
it could be worse. you could drive a chevy. I know some of them are ok but I just traded out my work ford transit for a chevy express and OMG what a steaming pile of shit this thing is.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top