Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm single n got the house after the Divorce .

My neighbors either Love me or hate me

Lol the last guy built a huge wooden fence around his yard after
His daughter n I spoke and discovered
we had the same Birthday ... ha . Ok sir ...
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

Nah, I'm not the type to swing the way of the prostitute... Of course I'd want my first time to be special, but more than that I would want it to be with someone I got to know, and that we both actually like each other. To me it's just something you'd have to build up to. Sex just for the sake of sex isn't on my priority list.
View Quote

You sir need a FWB situation. I’ve slept with a lot of my female friends. We’re still friends.

Or are you just fucking with us?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Nah, I'm not the type to swing the way of the prostitute... Of course I'd want my first time to be special, but more than that I would want it to be with someone I got to know, and that we both actually like each other. To me it's just something you'd have to build up to. Sex just for the sake of sex isn't on my priority list.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:

I've never actually seen the movie, but of course I've known about it. Never thought I'd be the real life version. But anxiety is quite cruel.
the power of arfcom could get you laid by a high dollar companion for a small donation.

you want your first time to be special, right?

Dude, his post was merely soliciting volunteers.  He's talking high-net-worth, cool car, high dollar gun collections, stuff like that.  The donation is just to cover the cost of ammo for the Range Day afterwards.

Hell, what kind of place do you think this is?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote
so what have you been doing all these years instead of chasing slash banging sloots?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#5]
i enjoy bird hunting with the dog in North dakota and other places every fall, its nice to have somebody just as excited to do the same every minute.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SC_00_05:
"Doing crazy stuff" gets old just like everything else. Now, staying home by myself, drinking wine, working on house projects, or having women over to make dinner together and go at it, is pretty much ideal.
View Quote
2 chicks at the same time?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:58:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FoxtrotTWONovember:
i enjoy bird hunting with the dog in North dakota and other places every fall, its nice to have somebody just as excited to do the same every minute.
View Quote

The Bird Hunters- Turnpike Troubadours
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

I've never actually seen the movie, but of course I've known about it. Never thought I'd be the real life version. But anxiety is quite cruel.
the power of arfcom could get you laid by a high dollar companion for a small donation.

Your first time wont be special. I had that idea once. But if that's how you want to do it, then ok, your choice.

I'm not a slut either, but I've never made love. I've had plenty of sex, yes, but it was never "making love." Never was into the few girls I dated, and the girls I've actually had feelings for never wanted anything to do with me.

Liked being single and free better. Been through hell the last 3 years, really didn't have time for someone. But now I'm actually trying to find someone special. Never actually had someone special, and it's starting to get to me. But I'm not gonna wait for the feelings before having sex. It'll happen when it happens.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

Your first time wont be special. I had that idea once. But if that's how you want to do it, then ok, your choice.

I'm not a slut either, but I've never made love. I've had plenty of sex, yes, but it was never "making love." Never was into the few girls I dated, and the girls I've actually had feelings for never wanted anything to do with me.

Liked being single and free better. Been through hell the last 3 years, really didn't have time for someone. But now I'm actually trying to find someone special. Never actually had someone special, and it's starting to get to me. But I'm not gonna wait for the feelings before having sex. It'll happen when it happens.
View Quote
quick documentary on the subject:

Susanna Hoffs - Feel Like Makin' Love (Live Video Cover)

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By denverdan:

I'm single. I pretty much live my life like the world is gonna end tomorrow.

It's pretty fucking awesome.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#11]
stay strong in the struggle, dood.

don't let a sammich maker steal your essence.
View Quote

One must deny them our precious bodily fluids. It is essential.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:36:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#12]

You sir need a FWB situation. I’ve slept with a lot of my female friends. We’re still friends.

View All Quotes

Nope, I'm dead serious. Sometimes I wish I wasn't, but I've lived with it long enough that I don't think it bothers me much... At least I tell myself that. Really, the older I get the the more I think about it and it may or may not bother me at least a little.

On the friends with benefits thing, I believe that one would actually need to have some female friends to pull that off.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:43:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#13]
Originally Posted By L_JE:

Dude, his post was merely soliciting volunteers.  He's talking high-net-worth, cool car, high dollar gun collections, stuff like that.  The donation is just to cover the cost of ammo for the Range Day afterwards.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By L_JE:

Lol, well I can say a lot of things go right over my head. Happens quite often with me, plus I'm not in GD as much as tech so I'm a bit less clued in over here.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:52:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#14]
so what have you been doing all these years instead of chasing slash banging sloots?
View All Quotes

In my free time? I've always tried my best to avoid unnecessary socializing by hanging out in the tech forums. But otherwise, my main focus since the early 2000s has been ARs. Surprisingly I don't have many hobbies and both are pictured below.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:56:14 AM EDT
[#15]

In my free time? I've always tried my best to avoid unnecessary socializing by hanging out in the tech forums. But otherwise, my main focus since the the early 2000s has been ARs. Surprisingly I don't have many hobbies and both are pictured below.

https://i.imgur.com/9cpe4d5h.jpg
View All Quotes

In my free time? I've always tried my best to avoid unnecessary socializing by hanging out in the tech forums. But otherwise, my main focus since the the early 2000s has been ARs. Surprisingly I don't have many hobbies and both are pictured below.

You’re a drummer and don’t chase broads? My brain is full of fuck right now!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:01:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#16]

View All Quotes

Highlight in blue is definitely something I've thought about and would be afraid of.

I'm kinda opposite of what you said in red highlight (different wiring or whatever), but I would rather wait on sex until after feelings are reciprocated with someone. Sex will happen when it happens, that isn't the important thing for me and I'd be fine if I went to my grave without it. The thing that would make my first time special would be doing it with someone I had feelings for that had feelings back for me just the same, otherwise I wouldn't even consider doing it. The sex itself wouldn't really have to be anything spectacular.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:12:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#17]

View All Quotes

Well, I'm not a very good drummer. It's more of a secondary hobby, but I still love it when I actually get into it. Love the cymbals more than anything. The ones pictured are about $500 a piece, but that's what the price was back in 2016. I'm afraid to really lay into them like I do with the cheap ones.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:43:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CastleBravo91] [#18]

Highlight in blue is definitely something I've thought about and would be afraid of.

I'm kinda opposite of what you said in red highlight (different wiring or whatever), but I would rather wait on sex until after feelings are reciprocated with someone. Sex will happen when it happens, that isn't the important thing for me and I'd be fine if I went to my grave without it. The thing that would make my first time special would be doing it with someone I had feelings for that had feelings back for me just the same, otherwise I wouldn't even consider doing it. The sex itself wouldn't really have to be anything spectacular.
View All Quotes

I know what you mean. Last girl I had feelings for, used to work with her. Fell for her really hard. She started entertaining the idea of us together, we were both virgins (at the time), and I was so close. She gave me rides to community college when I got my license suspended for an underage drinking ticket, talked a lot and we're getting close. Her friends even teased her about her "boyfriend", referring to me. Then I fucked it up. Drove her away. Then I made it worse by trying too hard to get it back. Those feelings lingered for a LONG TIME. Even after I'd accepted it was never going to happen, still had really strong feelings for her. "Wanting what you can't have" probably had something to do with it. Messed with my head quite a bit. Drank heavily, did other dumb things I'm not proud of that I have visible reminders of.

Eventually got over it, feelings faded. Haven't seen or talked to her in 10 years now, but I know she lives in another state and got married. Then out of nowhere I had a couple dreams about her last month. Brought back a lot of emotions. Started thinking "what if I ever do see her again? Would she even want to talk to me? What would I say? What would she say? Could we reconnect?" Stuff like that. Useless thinking because that's never going to happen, and thinking about it just brings back the emotions. I guess I'll just always have a residual ember for her.

I kind of think that's why I never connected with anyone else, I didn't want to go through that again. Feel like I'll just fuck it up again. Had my defenses all the way up. That, and there wasn't much of a connection in the first place.

So yeah, it can be scary.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:20:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#19]

I know what you mean. Last girl I had feelings for, used to work with her. Fell for her really hard. She started entertaining the idea of us together, we were both virgins (at the time), and I was so close. She gave me rides to community college when I got my license suspended for an underage drinking ticket, talked a lot and we're getting close. Her friends even teased her about her "boyfriend", referring to me. Then I fucked it up. Drove her away. Then I made it worse by trying too hard to get it back. Those feelings lingered for a LONG TIME. Even after I'd accepted it was never going to happen, still had really strong feelings for her. "Wanting what you can't have" probably had something to do with it. Messed with my head quite a bit. Drank heavily, did other dumb things I'm not proud of that I have visible reminders of.

Eventually got over it, feelings faded. Haven't seen or talked to her in 10 years now, but I know she lives in another state and got married. Then out of nowhere I had a couple dreams about her last month. Brought back a lot of emotions. Started thinking "what if I ever do see her again? Would she even want to talk to me? What would I say? What would she say? Could we reconnect?" Stuff like that. Useless thinking because that's never going to happen, and thinking about it just brings back the emotions. I guess I'll just always have a residual ember for her.

I kind of think that's why I never connected with anyone else, I didn't want to go through that again. Feel like I'll just fuck it up again. Had my defenses all the way up. That, and there wasn't much of a connection in the first place.

View All Quotes

Obviously from my previous postings I've never really been that close with a woman, the one I posted a picture of back on page 4 was the only one I had any kind of relationship with, but we were only kids. Though I did miss her for quite a while after we moved and I never saw her again. That was 30 years ago and it still bothers me a little when I think about it.

Since then, basically nothing. There were a couple of women that I knew enough about that I was liking the idea of them, I actually exchanged messages with them. Though they were married and I never had any relationship with them on an in person, personal level. But, I do know the feeling of getting your hopes up and having them dashed... It's just a terrible feeling, I still think about those last two quite a bit as they were fairly recent, even though I never had a relationship with them. So residual embers I get, though I'm sure if any of them ever ended up divorced or divorcing their husbands I'm sure I'd be the furthest thought in their minds.

I speak from a major lack of experience though, fortunately or unfortunately, it is what it is.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Obviously from my previous postings I've never really been that close with a woman, the one I posted a picture of a couple pages back was the only one I had any kind of relationship with, but we were only kids. Though I did miss her for quite a while after we moved and I never saw her again. That was 30 years ago and it still bothers me a little when I think about it.

Since then, basically nothing. There were a couple of women that I knew enough about that I was liking the idea of them, I actually exchanged messages with them. Though they were married and I never had any relationship with them on an in person, personal level. But, I do know the feeling of getting your hopes up and having them dashed... It's just a terrible feeling, I still think about those last two quite a bit as they were fairly recent, even though I never had a relationship with them. So residual embers I get, though I'm sure if any of them ever ended up divorced or divorcing their husbands I'm sure I'd be the furthest thought in their minds.

I speak from a major lack of experience though, fortunately or unfortunately, it is what it is.
View Quote
go out today to the local target/trader hoe's/crossfit gym/orange theory fitness/costco/coffee house.  hit on at least 20 women.  

you need to step up your game or you're gonna be alone and weird for a long time.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Wolverine1776:
I can't afford to go do random fun stuff. I just get home from work and drink until I pass out.
View Quote

So single, childless and ..........broke?  Bro sounds like you are getting in your own way. Go get that fun time and epic memories money while you can. Go live muh dude!! Live for those of us that chose government controlled family life over sanity and freedom lol
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:03:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#22]
go out today to the local target/trader hoe's/crossfit gym/orange theory fitness/costco/coffee house.  hit on at least 20 women.  

you need to step up your game or you're gonna be alone and weird for a long time.
View All Quotes

Obviously from my previous postings I've never really been that close with a woman, the one I posted a picture of a couple pages back was the only one I had any kind of relationship with, but we were only kids. Though I did miss her for quite a while after we moved and I never saw her again. That was 30 years ago and it still bothers me a little when I think about it.

I am very used to that thought. The bad part is that I've made peace with it.

Of the places you mentioned, I can't manage to hit all those in one day (heck, not even in a year, lol). And I work out at home, never had the nerve to get into a gym.

I might be heading out to go to the grocery store today though. It's in a pretty well to do area so the people there are usually pretty decent depending on the time of day. Though every time I go it's rare that you even see maybe 3 somewhat attractive women, and half of the time they are obviously married with kids, and the other half of the time they are way younger than I am. Seeing a one-off random good looking woman around my own age and trying to chat her up out of the blue as a very socially awkward guy just seems like a recipe for disaster... As I've posted my experience of awkwardness in talking to dental hygienists and the girl at the blood draw lab.

Yeah I know, you never know unless you try and it's hard to help those that won't help themselves. There's just a whole lot that I need to sort out about myself before I'd ever feel comfortable about attempting anything like that. Plus I still have to get that vasectomy.

Excuses, excuses, et cetera.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Of the places you mentioned, I can't manage to hit all those in one day (heck, not even in a year, lol). And I work out at home, never had the nerve to get into a gym.

I might be heading out to go to the grocery store today though. It's in a pretty well to do area so the people there are usually pretty decent depending on the time of day. Though every time I go it's rare that you even see maybe 3 somewhat attractive women, and half of the time they are obviously married with kids, and the other half of the time they are way younger than I am. Seeing a one-off random good looking woman around my own age and trying to chat her up out of the blue as a very socially awkward guy just seems like a recipe for disaster... As I've posted my experience of awkwardness in talking to dental hygienists and the girl at the blood draw lab.

Yeah I know, you never know unless you try and it's hard to help those that won't help themselves. There's just a whole lot that I need to sort out about myself before I'd ever feel comfortable about attempting anything like that. Plus I still have to get that vasectomy.

View Quote
should've nailed both the blood draw sammich maker and the hygienist for practice.

work your way up to the not gill tee chicks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#24]
should've nailed both the blood draw sammich maker and the hygienist for practice.

work your way up to the not gill tee chicks.
View Quote

Guilty or not, both types are equally unapproachable to me. Literally my nerves and anxiety would be the same with either, so in a reality where I could actually manage to do it I might as well only approach the not guilty ones.

I guess that’s the upside of my anxiety.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Guilty or not, both types are equally unapproachable to me. Literally my nerves and anxiety would be the same with either, so in a reality where I could actually manage to do it I might as well only approach the not guilty ones.

I guess that's the upside of my anxiety.
View Quote
do you live with your parents still?

do you have a job?

do you own your own vee-hickle?

pics?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:27:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ranging-by-zipcode] [#26]

View Quote

Dude you have to get out and meet a woman then.

I'm probably one of the last guys  that should  give this advise because I have no desire to date after I lost my wife she passed 11 years ago but you are still
a young guy .

Don't let life pass you by ...I mean it  

Or you will end up  just an old man living alone
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:

I'm probably one of the last guys  that should  give this advise because I have no desire to date after I lost my wife she passed 11 years ago but you are still
a young guy .

View Quote
my man needs to get an oil change from a pro before we see him on CNN eventually.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#28]
my man needs to get an oil change from a pro before we see him on CNN eventually.
View Quote

Something because what he's doing isn't healthy
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:07:30 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

It's hard for me to meet women too. I work 2nd shift, which doesn't help. Never see cuties at the store, probably because I'll go during the day when everyone is at work, or after I get off when only the 3rd shift stockers are there. Tons of cuties at work, but they're almost always married or engaged already.

There's this math teacher I see and talk to all the time, we kinda became buddies at work. She even seemed to flirt with me to an extent. She also does badminton coaching so I'd see her down by the gym all the time after school. Started thinking "yeah, I could see myself with Melanie." Finally worked up the nerve to ask her out for coffee just to find out she has a boyfriend. "Of fucking course." Never ever came up in conversation so I was pretty sure she was single, much to my dismay.

You said you work out, you look good? I always use the weight room at work (since I have that to myself every night for free) which is nice, but then no one else is there so it's not like I can meet anyone. Helps a lot to be in shape.

Tons of bars around me, but I hate those environments and I highly doubt I'm gonna find a good woman there. But it is there if I want to get laid that badly.

Just remade an OkCupid profile, got a fuck load of likes so now I'm sorting through that. Totally different dynamic though because they're all total strangers and you have to do a lot of work to find out if you can be friends first, before building a relationship, and you never really know what kind of woman you're talking to. I get not wanting to go that route, to find something organically, but at least it takes a lot of the guesswork out of it. Makes it less awkward too if your social skills aren't the best. And if they put effort into their profile you can kinda see if you even want to talk to them.  I have a couple buddies who found their now-wives from online dating. Worth a try. You still have to put in effort though. In fact, I gotta go see if Jay messaged me back yet.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

With respect to my last post about online dating, oh look! She did message me back! Asked her what she was looking for and she responds "I'd like to get to know someone, and if I find the right person I'd like to get into a long term relationship." See? That sounds like what you're looking for, and they're out there.

Now, that's no guarantee you'll find her right away, but you can find women looking for the same thing you are. You should try it out.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:07:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#31]

do you have a job?

pics?
View All Quotes

I guess that's the upside of my anxiety.

do you have a job?

pics?

Hmmm... Trying to determine if I answered those questions truthfully or not if I'd feel any more or less ashamed of myself than I already am? I know I'm good with my current level of shame.

Don't take that statement as an answer!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#32]

a young guy.

View All Quotes

a young guy.

Sorry for your loss man. I know that can't be easy.

And I still appreciate being thought of as young, some even say I look younger than my age. I hear it from everyone that's about 20 or more years older than me even in person. But man, I sure don't feel young.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes

a young guy .

Now I'm wondering what you're imagining that leads up to that. "Tonight on CNN, we managed to get an interview with the 100 year old virgin!

I'm sure I can't be the only one.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:01:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#34]

It's hard for me to meet women too. I work 2nd shift, which doesn't help. Never see cuties at the store, probably because I'll go during the day when everyone is at work, or after I get off when only the 3rd shift stockers are there. Tons of cuties at work, but they're almost always married or engaged already.

There's this math teacher I see and talk to all the time, we kinda became buddies at work. She even seemed to flirt with me to an extent. She also does badminton coaching so I'd see her down by the gym all the time after school. Started thinking "yeah, I could see myself with Melanie." Finally worked up the nerve to ask her out for coffee just to find out she has a boyfriend. "Of fucking course." Never ever came up in conversation so I was pretty sure she was single, much to my dismay.

You said you work out, you look good? I always use the weight room at work (since I have that to myself every night for free) which is nice, but then no one else is there so it's not like I can meet anyone. Helps a lot to be in shape.

Tons of bars around me, but I hate those environments and I highly doubt I'm gonna find a good woman there. But it is there if I want to get laid that badly.

Just remade an OkCupid profile, got a fuck load of likes so now I'm sorting through that. Totally different dynamic though because they're all total strangers and you have to do a lot of work to find out if you can be friends first, before building a relationship, and you never really know what kind of woman you're talking to. I get not wanting to go that route, to find something organically, but at least it takes a lot of the guesswork out of it. Makes it less awkward too if your social skills aren't the best. And if they put effort into their profile you can kinda see if you even want to talk to them.  I have a couple buddies who found their now-wives from online dating. Worth a try. You still have to put in effort though. In fact, I gotta go see if Jay messaged me back yet.
View Quote

Oddly, the last girl I ended up hopeful about it was sorta the same deal. She didn't work with me, but she was around often when I was working. For the most part, every time I saw her around it was just her by herself... Sometimes she'd bring a female friend of hers along and even rarer was the couple of times she had a guy along with her. From what it looked like I assumed it was her brother. In hindsight maybe that was only wishful thinking. On one occasion she appeared to need help with something and I finally had my reason to go and talk to her. Pretty much the first words out of her mouth were about her husband. No I didn't ask her "Hey you single?" It just came up as she was talking about the truck she normally drives is her husband's. That sharp kick in the balls wasn't what I was expecting within less than 5 seconds of conversation about trying to help guide her back to her trailer.

Anyways yeah, I'm not the type to go to a bar either... It's just not my thing, and the types that frequent bars are just not who I'd be interested in. Dating sites seem like a good idea on the surface, but I've watched both of my brothers not have much luck with them. They actually both met their wives through POF (I believe) and it ended up in divorce for both of them. They've been doing the dating site thing again since and it just seems terrible... Lot's of talking and chatting with way too many women for far too long to not really get anywhere. I rather meet someone by chance in person, but that doesn't seem to be how things happen anymore. I don't think I'll ever try setting up a profile on a dating site though.

On exercise/working out I do the best I can with what I've got, though my weight set only goes up to 20 pounds. I focused on pushups for a few years and did well for a while on that. My personal record is 136 without stopping, but that was a few years ago. I used to run 5 miles fairly often, I started that back in my early 20s. A few years ago my health or maybe a combination of my health and my age caught up with me and I can't pull off what I could in my 20s. I picked up hay for 20 seasons out here on the farms and that really kept me in shape through most of my 20s and 30s. So I still look okay although I feel like I'm dying most of the time. I started loosing my hair at 18 and that's the only real blow that's been dealt to my looks.

So if I post a picture of myself on here it will probably be one from 2006 back when I still had good hair. I absolutely hate myself in pictures anymore... It would be nearly impossible to set up a dating profile because of that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:21:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#35]

With respect to my last post about online dating, oh look! She did message me back! Asked her what she was looking for and she responds "I'd like to get to know someone, and if I find the right person I'd like to get into a long term relationship." See? That sounds like what you're looking for, and they're out there.

Now, that's no guarantee you'll find her right away, but you can find women looking for the same thing you are. You should try it out.
View All Quotes

My biggest hang up with dating sites is that you spend so much time and effort talking to someone through text, and maybe if you get far enough with any one woman maybe a phone call. But to start out you are only going off their profile pictures, so seeing them and talking to them in person (if you make it that far) can be quite the shock. As per what I've heard and my brother's experiences... Catfishing is a thing.

At least through meeting someone only in person you can pretty much get a good feeling and know right away through personality and looks if you'd like to approach them to talk to them without having already agreed to going out on a date with them. Sure, a first date might only be a quick and awkward 20 minute thing, But if you show up and are immediately turned off by someone it would be a very difficult and pointless 20 minutes to go through (at least it would be for me, I can't speak for anybody else).
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Take an Uber tonight to a local sports bar (strip club is 10x better) with chick bartenders and get some liquid courage to start talking to women. You need to take baby steps first and start with talking to pros.

If this isn't trolling and you are actually a virgin you need to get this sorted out right now.  All this gay talk about dating sites and anxiety isn't going to change anything.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By showmeballer:
Take an Uber tonight to a local sports bar (strip club is 10x better) with chick bartenders and get some liquid courage to start talking to women. You need to take baby steps first and start with talking to pros.

If this isn't trolling and you are actually a virgin you need to get this sorted out right now.  All this gay talk about dating sites and anxiety isn't going to change anything.
View Quote

Jayne : Don't much see the benefit in gettin' involved in stranger's troubles without a up-front price negotiated.

Shepherd Book : These people need assistance. The benefit wouldn't necessarily be for you.

Jayne : That's what I'm sayin'.

Zo  : No one's gonna force you to go, Jayne. As has been stated, this job is strickly speculative.

Jayne : Good. Don't know these folks, don't much care to.

Mal : They're whores.

Jayne : I'm in.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:[/b]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:[/b]

Jayne : Don't much see the benefit in gettin' involved in stranger's troubles without a up-front price negotiated.

Shepherd Book : These people need assistance. The benefit wouldn't necessarily be for you.

Zo  : No one's gonna force you to go, Jayne. As has been stated, this job is strickly speculative.

Bro, some good ol fashion hookers is exactly what a couple guys in this thread need!  

And like 15 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#39]

My biggest hang up with dating sites is that you spend so much time and effort talking to someone through text, and maybe if you get far enough with any one woman maybe a phone call. But to start out you are only going off their profile pictures and then seeing them and talking to them in person (if you make it that far) can be quite the shock. As per what I've heard and my brothers experiences... Catfishing is a thing.

At least through meeting someone only in person you can pretty much get a good feeling and know right away through personality and looks if you'd like to approach them to talk to them without having already agreed to going out on a date with them. Sure, a first date might only be a quick and awkward 20 minute thing, But if you show up and are immediately turned off by someone it would be a very difficult and pointless 20 minutes to go through (at least it would be for me, I can't speak for anybody else).
View Quote

Yeah, it can be a minefield. But if you get catfished you just gotta pull a Smokey!
Friday Smokey hooking up with Janet Jackson LOL

Lol, I agree with you, meeting someone in person is better. But you can't just wait for someone to fall into your lap. Older folks told me when I was younger "it will happen when you're not looking for it." I still don't know what they meant by that, but you still have to actually DO something.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

That's the problem with wanting your first time to be special.

I had that idea when I was a virgin. Then I got tired of being a virgin. Got rid of that and it wasn't special, and I didn't care because it was one less hurdle to overcome, and it made me more confident. Now you know "yes, I can make that happen." The whole thing is over romanticized, IMO. I'll find someone special eventually, and it will still be special even though she'll be far from my first.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#41]

I had that idea when I was a virgin. Then I got tired of being a virgin. Got rid of that and it wasn't special, and I didn't care because it was one less hurdle to overcome, and it made me more confident. Now you know "yes, I can make that happen." The whole thing is over romanticized, IMO. I'll find someone special eventually, and it will still be special even though she'll be far from my first.
View All Quotes

It’s only special if they’re in a French maid costume, call you sir, and bring a female friend.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Not sure what that's from, but it read amusingly.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

A music store here once had a sign: "playing guitar makes you 10x hotter".

Unfortunately for me,

1) I don't think bass guitar counts
2) 10 times 0 is still 0

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#44]
If this isn't trolling and you are actually a virgin you need to get this sorted out right now.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:41:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#45]

View Quote

Regarding the blue highlighted part, by "pros" you meant psychiatrists right?

And still not trolling, but I do agree that continuing to talk about it on here isn't really going to change anything for me. I've talked about it on and off here in GD for the last few years and my stories are always consistent. Though if anything, my experience in sharing any of this is at least opening me up to the idea of going to seek professional help. A doctor or a metal health specialist or something, not a hooker.

Surprisingly, that girl I knew that I posted a picture of on page 4, she's a bartender at the Indian casino about 20 miles away from me last I heard... Still might be as far as I know. I don't go to bars or casinos.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:46:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#46]

Yeah, it can be a minefield. But if you get catfished you just gotta pull a Smokey!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDYDy1lRgQA

Lol, I agree with you, meeting someone in person is better. But you can't just wait for someone to fall into your lap. Older folks told me when I was younger "it will happen when you're not looking for it." I still don't know what they meant by that, but you still have to actually DO something.
View All Quotes

My biggest hang up with dating sites is that you spend so much time and effort talking to someone through text, and maybe if you get far enough with any one woman maybe a phone call. But to start out you are only going off their profile pictures and then seeing them and talking to them in person (if you make it that far) can be quite the shock. As per what I've heard and my brothers experiences... Catfishing is a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDYDy1lRgQA

I think I'd be more like that Homer Simpson walking backwards into the hedges gif.

And (quoted in blue) I've heard that from people too. And I can kind of agree that an initial attraction happens like that, at least it has for me... One day you are just going about your normal everyday business and then BAM! It's like an attraction to a random girl (maybe you've seen her around a few times) just happens out of nowhere. But yes, after that point you do actually have to do something about it to have the chance of anything happening.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:51:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#47]
Originally Posted By Walkure:

Unfortunately for me,

2) 10 times 0 is still 0

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Walkure:

Unfortunately for me,

2) 10 times 0 is still 0

Lol, that seems right. The only love the bass guitarist usually gets is from the drummer. And the drummer is usually a dude.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By FourLoko:
I go to work and drink too much.

Not sure what I'm working for.

I'm not the norm.
View Quote
You sure about that?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MHowski:
I’m married with children but sometimes think if I wasn’t I would pack it up and move across the country or live in a van.  But I don’t really hear about single people doing that.  Maybe it’s because I only deal with white collar office types.  Does being married with children keep people from doing crazy stuff?
View Quote

Generally so but nothing completely stops stupid from doing stupid.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:20:05 AM EDT
[#50]
You know how guys here say to avoid the crazy..... to hell with those guys.
I know one who tells me she's crazy, and I might wanna reconsider toying with her... but I ain't scared
I CAN fix her
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top