Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:06:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#1]
The guy with the few rounds was careless/forgetful/dumbass and broke the island's BS law. However, it should be clear to the island's government that the guy wasn't some sort of criminal terrorist, and that's why people are calling the place a shit hole. Time to send him home with a fine or something. He's already been spending time in jail if they wanted to make an example out of him. Continuing to keep him there just reinforces the shit hole reputation IMO.

ETA - a seemingly nice place can still be a shit hole when it's a little too authoritarian for my liking.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:15:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bollocks44] [#2]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bodybagger:

Shithole states added to the list.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FloydGeneBallin:
These types of countries? Fucking states in OUR OWN COUNTRY will fuck you over if they find ammo.

Shithole states added to the list.

This. All this.

I do miss California beaches, but hey, we have the south east so I'll go there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Crazyascanbe:

It made me buy different bags for different things so it is working for them

People are to cheap to buy just travel bags.

Cost the man 12 years of his life for being cheap.

For all the people that will read my post

Buy different bags and dedicate them for one thing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunduh:
Originally Posted By Paul:
The reason you don't go to those countries is they have effective laws that they're willing to enforce.

Yeah they are really going to show that criminal that they mean business.  Put that bad guy in jail and throw away the key.

I buy those Home depot Huskey tool bags for the range. Strong enough to handle tons of ammo and guns, but won't work as a travel bag in any practical way.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:23:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#5]
Originally Posted By Strela:

Not that I've ever heard. Or the use of the term "queue" by anyone speaking colloquial American English.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:
Originally Posted By Pantexan:
Originally Posted By DDiggler:  It's funny that you guys still believe that TSA is ACTUALLY meant to keep you safe.  TSA exists for 2 reasons:
1. To give the ILLUSION of security.
2. To give the government another place where it can flex its authority over you.
Besides the oft-missed contraband that makes it through TSA checkpoints which is enough to show that it's merely there to make you feel better, consider that if a terrorist sneaks a bomb on board and successfully detonates it in the air. How many casualties? 225 or so, maximum?
So, to avoid this potential disaster, the government has now created TSA checkpoints. On busy days such as holiday travel days, you might have 4, 5, 600 people queued up, elbows-to-assholes, waiting to get through the checkpoint with ZERO security measures in place before this bottleneck.
A few evil-doers with suicide vests on scattered through the TSA queue would make the body count of a single plane being taken out look like a good deal. Heck, add a few more with some firearms to open fire on the crowd before/during/after the explosions and you could bump up the casualty count even more... since there's NO security before the checkpoint. A few terrorists with guns covering each escape route? Yikes. They could just walk right in and do whatever they wanted while everyone is queued up like sheep being ushered into the slaughterhouse.

WTF are Elbows-to-Assholes ?
I would like to see that !
http://www.howlatthemoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/tumblr_nb1m7iYXUb1t1dqxlo1_400.gif

I'm guessing you've never been in the U.S. military. Before you could choose your own pronoun, the military sometimes would use language that might cause hurt feelings.

Ackshually, the term “I wanna see assholes and elbows” means, “Y’all better get moving, NOW! I don’t want to see anything but your rears, moving THAT way”. Get it? Those are body parts you can usually only see on moving people, from behind.

It makes no sense for describing a crowd, or queue. The slang for that, is “Nut to butt”

Not that I've ever heard. Or the use of the term "queue" by anyone speaking colloquial American English.

“Queued” is in the very first post in the multiquote string.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:55:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Glocked:
That is why these types of countries should be bombed and then made into the American islands. We’re a first world super power, we should act like it.

It’s against our best interest to have retards living so close to our nation’s borders.
View Quote

You can't be serious right now, but if you are that's some epic level idiocy, so congrats on that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes
The reason you don't go to those countries is they have effective laws that they're willing to enforce.

Yeah they are really going to show that criminal that they mean business.  Put that bad guy in jail and throw away the key.

Sounds like a lot of time for just having a few cartridges or a magazine without a firearm. I don't know how much being an American has to do with it. I personally would stay away from countries that dislike me.

OTOH, in some areas like Singapore, there is the death penalty for selling illicit drugs. I think it includes a first time offense. The penalties for being caught with a personal amount of drugs must be rough as well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#8]
This is more a reason not to fly with ammo in your bag.  Period.  Especially on an airplane.  Easpecially out of the country.

Turks & Caicos really has nothing to do with it.

Arfcom GD Basement-Dweller's warped perception of reality has a lot to do with it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:23:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RedAngus:

No thanks.

I flew to PA last year for a wildlife capture CE, had my 1911 and a backup with extra magazines for both in my checked bags.  Flight was supposed to land in Newark for a 30 minute delay, then on to PA.  Once on the ground in Newark, they said we had to disembark and claim our luggage, then transfer to another plane.  I declined to claim my bag.  They got nasty about it, but I told them I had checked it through to PA and that's where they could deliver it.  Period.  LOts of arguing later, I got on the plane and departed.  My bag was on the carousel when I arrived in PA.

I have no way of knowing for sure, but my guess is I would have been arrested for illegal firearms had I claimed possession of my guns in NJ that day.  Something seemed mighty weird about the encounter.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dogsplat:

sheeeeeeit

try new jersey

No thanks.

I flew to PA last year for a wildlife capture CE, had my 1911 and a backup with extra magazines for both in my checked bags.  Flight was supposed to land in Newark for a 30 minute delay, then on to PA.  Once on the ground in Newark, they said we had to disembark and claim our luggage, then transfer to another plane.  I declined to claim my bag.  They got nasty about it, but I told them I had checked it through to PA and that's where they could deliver it.  Period.  LOts of arguing later, I got on the plane and departed.  My bag was on the carousel when I arrived in PA.

I have no way of knowing for sure, but my guess is I would have been arrested for illegal firearms had I claimed possession of my guns in NJ that day.  Something seemed mighty weird about the encounter.

@RedAngus

I thought there are federal laws to avoid getting in trouble with this kind of nonsense.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DDiggler:  It's funny that you guys still believe that TSA is ACTUALLY meant to keep you safe.  TSA exists for 2 reasons:
2. To give the government another place where it can flex its authority over you.
Besides the oft-missed contraband that makes it through TSA checkpoints which is enough to show that it's merely there to make you feel better, consider that if a terrorist sneaks a bomb on board and successfully detonates it in the air. How many casualties? 225 or so, maximum?
So, to avoid this potential disaster, the government has now created TSA checkpoints. On busy days such as holiday travel days, you might have 4, 5, 600 people queued up, elbows-to-assholes, waiting to get through the checkpoint with ZERO security measures in place before this bottleneck.
A few evil-doers with suicide vests on scattered through the TSA queue would make the body count of a single plane being taken out look like a good deal. Heck, add a few more with some firearms to open fire on the crowd before/during/after the explosions and you could bump up the casualty count even more... since there's NO security before the checkpoint. A few terrorists with guns covering each escape route? Yikes. They could just walk right in and do whatever they wanted while everyone is queued up like sheep being ushered into the slaughterhouse.

http://www.howlatthemoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/tumblr_nb1m7iYXUb1t1dqxlo1_400.gif

I'm guessing you've never been in the U.S. military. Before you could choose your own pronoun, the military sometimes would use language that might cause hurt feelings.

Ackshually, the term “I wanna see assholes and elbows” means, “Y’all better get moving, NOW! I don’t want to see anything but your rears, moving THAT way”. Get it? Those are body parts you can usually only see on moving people, from behind.

It makes no sense for describing a crowd, or queue. The slang for that, is “Nut to butt”

"Heel to toe, nut to butt. Make your buddy smile!" Chow line DS instruction circa 1984, Ft. Benning School for Boys. Three times a day, every day you weren't in the field.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By peacematu:

Sounds like a lot of time for just having a few cartridges or a magazine without a firearm. I don't know how much being an American has to do with it. I personally would stay away from countries that dislike me.

OTOH, in some areas like Singapore, there is the death penalty for selling illicit drugs. I think it includes a first time offense. The penalties for being caught with a personal amount of drugs must be rough as well.
View All Quotes

Yup.

Most of the countries in Asia/South East Asia.

Tiny amount of drugs = loooooong prison sentence. Maybe caning, too. More than a tiny personal (read single dose) use amount, pushing you into what they consider drug smuggler/dealer territory = death sentence.

Want to be a retard and bring your THC vape? Roll the dice.

As mentioned, you can get flagged and bagged in US airports. I’m not sure that there are ANY airports that are fine with unsecured ammo or firearms.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:

"Heel to toe, nut to butt. Make your buddy smile!" Chow line DS instruction circa 1984, Ft. Benning School for Boys. Three times a day, every day you weren't in the field.
View All Quotes

Yup.

And

“Assholes and elbows” was always, “Get your asses moving, NOW!”
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:42:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JaredC1] [#13]

View All Quotes

Learn something new everyday I guess.

I always thought it meant they wanted you bent over in a ditch digging or picking crops. Like all they could see was your asshole and elbows because you were bent over working.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:44:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bollocks44] [#14]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#15]

No thanks.

View All Quotes

sheeeeeeit

try new jersey

No thanks.

@RedAngus

I'm not reading the rest of this thread but there is literally a story from several years ago about a person getting pinched for exactly your situation.  Flight got diverted to Newark, dude was going to Allentown, PA so he figured he would drive the rest of the way...  arrested at baggage claim.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Whenever you go to a foreign country you should check everything every pocket. It ain’t no secret some country’s will make an example of you if you screw up. If not sure check it twice.

IMO this is the equivalent of someone caught with drugs and saying they didn’t know they were there. Or ones who try and take their ccw gun into a court or wherever not allowed claiming they didn’t know they were carrying.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Yup.

And

“Assholes and elbows” was always, “Get your asses moving, NOW!”
View Quote

Goat-smelling asses, in my company.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:05:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
If you are too fucking inbred stupid to not properly pack for your destination then yes, stay in your own backwards hillbilly state.
View Quote

I don't think he intentionally packed the damn ammo. Ever heard of a mistake? 12 years in prison sound reasonable to you for a few loose rounds being forgotten about in the bottom of a bag? And yes, I'll be staying out of Turks as well as your fucked up state.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By machinegunseabee:

I fly to NH almost every year with guns and this is my plan if a flight is diverted to a conus dictatorship and I’m asked to claim it. Nope it can go onto the destination because that’s what I paid for them to do. If they refuse then I’m leaving it there and filing a theft report with the FAA and ATF.

Don’t care what’s in the case I’ll buy another..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By machinegunseabee:

No thanks.

I fly to NH almost every year with guns and this is my plan if a flight is diverted to a conus dictatorship and I’m asked to claim it. Nope it can go onto the destination because that’s what I paid for them to do. If they refuse then I’m leaving it there and filing a theft report with the FAA and ATF.

Don’t care what’s in the case I’ll buy another..

That’s where I was.  I always carry a custom 1911, but I can buy or build another for way less than my legal troubles in a communist state.  I’ll gladly forfeit a nice gun to keep from getting screwed by the local gov’t scam.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By NotJackMiller:
Sounds like we need some no-travel advisories and to cut off aid to them.
View Quote

Yep.  Fuck their little stupid country.  Bankrupt them and take their shit.  I do not care if this makes no sense
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Message received judge, we won't be vacationing in your dumpy country.   We actually did have the Turks and Caicos on our list.   Not anymore.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Ege:

Turks and Caicos is British, so I imagine they’d get their crumpets in a twist if we bombed it.
View Quote

You just made his point.  The British should defer to and respect us too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By redseven11b:

This. It's really not a difficult concept

Buy a 2nd bag
View Quote

What's even less difficult is checking the bag for ammo before it is packed for travel.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#24]

@RedAngus

I thought there are federal laws to avoid getting in trouble with this kind of nonsense.
View All Quotes

sheeeeeeit

try new jersey

No thanks.

@RedAngus

There are supposed to be, but I have heard a few stories (in MSM news articles) of people getting arrested for just such circumstances (“possessing” illegal firearms/ammo in NY/NJ) that I wasn’t about to give them the opportunity to shake me down.  Especially when the agreed upon conditions had changed, i.e., the guns were legally checked through to final destination but all of a sudden had to be claimed in a banned state and they argued aggressively for it.  Make no mistake, checked guns in airline baggage are tracked accurately with all airlines through all states nowadays.  No way the airlines in NJ didn’t know what was in my baggage.

I could be wrong, but there was absolutely no way I was going to take possession of my guns and ammo in a state where they were illegal to possess that also had a history of questionable prosecution of such possession.  I believe NJ also has a history of pulling over out-of-state license plate vehicles and searching for ‘illegal’ firearms/ammo that are actually legally being transported through the state.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By rgaper:

@RedAngus

I'm not reading the rest of this thread but there is literally a story from several years ago about a person getting pinched for exactly your situation.  Flight got diverted to Newark, dude was going to Allentown, PA so he figured he would drive the rest of the way...  arrested at baggage claim.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rgaper:

sheeeeeeit

try new jersey

No thanks.

@RedAngus

Yes sir, this may have been the same case I read about that influenced my decision.  I wasn’t about to take the chance.  I’m not gonna say it was a setup, but there’s no way I’m going to be Shanghai’d into a situation like that in a communist state.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Considering how this thread has gone, I rest my case.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:22:04 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

That one I heard many times, starting in the summer of '67.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:24:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThrustMyStoma] [#28]
go all you want. have the glock buy set up for when you get there or have maid staff have it ready for you. when youre done with it toss it in the ocean or resell before you leave. ez

have a plan though to leave the country when you eventually have to use it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:42:51 PM EDT
[#29]

I'll say it again. Double down if you will. It's not an innate fear of being somewhere without a gun. It's the disdain of being anywhere, country or state where I do not have the freedom to possess a gun. Plain and simple. If a place isn't as free as Tennessee, it's a shithole. I don't care how nice the beaches and hotels are.
I know when you decide to go to those shitholes you need to follow their rules or things like this happen.
*this is just my opinion of what constitutes a shithole. Your opinion may vary. Enjoy your travel to shithole destinations responsibility. Not all locations may participate. Your mileage may vary. Know the risks of traveling to shitholes. Call 1-800-GO2-SHOLE or visit www.shitholes.gov.
View Quote
Thanks for the link to the  travel info site.
Strange thing though when I visited the link it talked about TN.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:45:35 PM EDT
[#30]

sheeeeeeit

try new jersey
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:29:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By GlockCamper:

I don't think he intentionally packed the damn ammo. Ever heard of a mistake? 12 years in prison sound reasonable to you for a few loose rounds being forgotten about in the bottom of a bag? And yes, I'll be staying out of Turks as well as your fucked up state.
View Quote

Like no one every lied about carrying contraband. Fuck him, get a range bag that never leaves the state without full consideration,
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:13:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#33]
Originally Posted By Jackslack:
I do miss California beaches, but hey, we have the south east so I'll go there.
View Quote
I live 5 minutes from the beach. Yeah, it's humid... but it ain't Cali, so there's that.
Stories like this are why I have bags that are for travel only... and I still check them before trips.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#34]
"These types of countries"?    Let the exact same thing happen in New York or some other communist state and see what happens to you.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Man, do you guys have dedicated range vehicles, too? Because a few rounds of forgotten ammo somewhere in your vehicle can get you jammed up at an international border crossing, too. Probably not 12 year prison sentence jammed up when crossing into Canada or Mexico, but still…

I have a dedicated range bag that would be really unsuitable for air travel, so that’s not much of a problem for me. My potential issue would be that I have occasionally traveled with firearms and/or ammo and/or accessories. I am not going to buy and store multiple sets of luggage for multiple destinations. Just be smart about it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By warlord:  Personally, I would not go to one of those shit hole countries, you are really asking for it. Personally for me, there is plenty to see and do right here in the good ole USA. Love the slogan, "See the USA in your Chevrolet," remember Chevrolet used to be the sponsor of Bonanza?
View Quote
This right here .  You can have your constitutional rights negated and violated in many states right here in the “good olé USA” so why go to another shithole country where you don’t have any rights in a different language .
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By AA717driver:
DON’T EVER TAKE YOUR RANGE BAG ANYWHERE BUT THE RANGE!!!!!

A friend I flew with was a reserve deputy on his days off and a Federal Flight Deck Officer.

He did a Mexico City trip and they found a couple 10mm rounds in his backpack. He ALMOST ended up in prison—had he not been a FFDO he would have.

Dumb mistake.
View Quote

You would think this would be common sense....but it seems like every idiot that gets caught with some ammo or a gun in their bag, used their range back to travel with....and forgot to clean it out all the way.

Stupid all the way around.....
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:32:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Prijador:  Anyone remember what the American government did, for an America-hating basketball player who intentionally took some drugs into Russia…?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Strela:  I'm guessing you've never been in the U.S. military. Before you could choose your own pronoun, the military sometimes would use language that might cause hurt feelings.
View Quote
It was assholes-to-bellybuttons , which sort of makes sense .  But assholes-to-elbows ?  Not sure how that is done .
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:  Ackshually, the term “I wanna see assholes and elbows” means, “Y’all better get moving, NOW! I don’t want to see anything but your rears, moving THAT way”. Get it? Those are body parts you can usually only see on moving people, from behind.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ar15robert:  Whenever you go to a foreign country you should check everything every pocket. It ain’t no secret some country’s will make an example of you if you screw up. If not sure check it twice.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:53:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: miseses] [#42]
Shithole latam / Caribbean nations all have way worse customs controls going into US than coming in.  Wasn't that where he was caught?  It's nearly certainly the US that ultimately the reason for this.  It's painfully clear to me everytime I take a latam flight into the US that the US has cucked them into being total assholes on the way out, I suspect US gives them some massive incentive to find/limit contraband heading to US.

If you ever fly into Panama City, take note of just how much worse the controls are for the flights headed to USA than everywhere else.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top