User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:53:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:56:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
could replace littler with smoke since pretty much all smokers throw their butts out the windows and start fires. saw a dickwad throw his but out the window in traffic in front of me this am. wish it was slower I would have tossed it back in his window.
View Quote
All smokers do that huh?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:59:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:

I'll never forget as a kid watching a Porsche Boxster turn into our neighborhood as the driver tossed 3 fast food sacks and a cup out the window as he rounded the corner. Drives about 75 yards into the subdivision and parks in front of a house. My dad walked over, picked up all the trash, forced the partially-open drivers side window down by hand, and dumped all the trash inside.

Raised wrong? Raised right? I don't know, but I don't have any qualms about property damage when it's done to right a wrong.
View Quote

I'll never forget in 2008, I was working for my dad cleaning carpets, we were stuck in traffic on the highway and this lady in front of us opened the sunroof of her Camry and threw out in the most dramatic fashion her entire McDonalds meal, drink, fries and half eaten burger I think we were both two shocked to react at the time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:59:57 AM EDT
[#4]
First time I visited Germany in the late 70s I was stunned by how clean everything was.

I went to drop my Coke from McDonalds in a sidewalk garbage can and the garbage inside looked "organized" so I stood there a few seconds trying to figure out how to put it in the trash without screwing up their Tetris game.

A month later I saw a small accident on a street and a business owner came outside and swept up the broken tail lights in the street.

Then I went to Italy...my god. The water in the canals everyone talks about is the grossest green slime you've ever seen. People will spray paint shit on anything, even famous ruins that are more than 1,000 years old. Parts of the country are as littered as NYC in the 70s. I remember visitors being warned that "kidnapping is common" especially for anyone visiting the country with children, it was one of the more lucrative activities of the mafia back then and the only thing reliable is you never get your kids back alive.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:06:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Some fat fucking slob wanted to fight me the other day because I told him he was a fat fucking slob for throwing his slobbery rib bones in the parking lot of the grocery store as he stood there and ate them. I hate fat slobs and they need to be told they are fat fucking slobs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:36:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 6EQUJ5:
First time I visited Germany in the late 70s I was stunned by how clean everything was.

I went to drop my Coke from McDonalds in a sidewalk garbage can and the garbage inside looked "organized" so I stood there a few seconds trying to figure out how to put it in the trash without screwing up their Tetris game.

A month later I saw a small accident on a street and a business owner came outside and swept up the broken tail lights in the street.

Then I went to Italy...my god. The water in the canals everyone talks about is the grossest green slime you've ever seen. People will spray paint shit on anything, even famous ruins that are more than 1,000 years old. Parts of the country are as littered as NYC in the 70s. I remember visitors being warned that "kidnapping is common" especially for anyone visiting the country with children, it was one of the more lucrative activities of the mafia back then and the only thing reliable is you never get your kids back alive.
View Quote

I visited Germany in 2001 and remember it the same way. Very clean, polite, efficient. Now it’s chock full of muslims and very much gone downhill
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:47:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#7]
My Mom was in line behind a car heading into a gated community and saw the driver dump his ashtry on the ground.
She got out and confronted him about it.  Big mistake.  She actually ran up to the gate guard and told him she feared he was going to harm her.

Piece of shit should have been shot as soon as he got out of his car.  (Force discrepancy and all that...)
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:48:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By leadnbrass:
I'm actually amazed at the amount of trash on the roadways in my area...fucking disgusting.
View Quote

This, and it's getting worse all the time. It started getting bad two or three years ago when the chinavirus crap was going on, then when we had more and more people start moving in here, it has gotten even worse. Not all of it is from new residents obviously, but the out-of-town construction guys and workers servicing them just throw shit out wherever they finish with it. I find a lot of fast food trash in the ditches from places that are 50 fucking miles away. People are the problem - just too many fucking people. Fucking trashy people have no respect for anything.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:
Some fat fucking slob wanted to fight me the other day because I told him he was a fat fucking slob for throwing his slobbery rib bones in the parking lot of the grocery store as he stood there and ate them. I hate fat slobs and they need to be told they are fat fucking slobs.
View Quote

Excuse me, sir, but do you offer a daily podcast?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I live in a fairly rural area in the unincorporated part of the county. The amount of litter that people throw out is disgusting and embarrassing.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Agreed.  

Extremely disrespectful, not to mention bad for the environment.  Doesn’t take much effort to throw your trash into a freakin’ trash can.

Come on man!
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm actually amazed at the amount of trash on the roadways in my area...fucking disgusting.
View Quote

Where I used to live there was a storm drain/catch basin in front of my house.  It was where the road curved and washed items downhill to this storm drain.  It was a weekly effort of mine to police the trash that gathered at that storm drain and sometimes clogged it up a bit.

There's a reason I called the road "ghetto route 2" only because "ghetto route 1" was north of me.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah... in the thread about rich people's attitudes about poor people changing when they actually interact with poors... yeah, littering and just trashy attitudes are pretty predominant in the poor end. Someone even said that they asked someone about it and the response was something like "that's someone else's job [to pick up the trash]."

Being clean and tidy doesn't really cost anything. Poor people tend to also be pretty lazy, and thus slovenly.

And yeah, it pisses me off when I see people littering.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
Wait till you live where it's windy. Trash fucking everywhere
View Quote
Amarillo, TX in the winter.

Damn there was stuff blowing all over.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Jayne_Cobb:
Was there a cow rooting through a trash pile while several others on the street were burning?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fttam:
It's far worse outside the western world.

I was sitting on the Cross Bronx the other day  ..I dunno, it looked like a third world country.
Was there a cow rooting through a trash pile while several others on the street were burning?

Michigan State University?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't get people flicking cigarette butts out of their windows.  I saw it as recently as last week.

I've been on backroads and on at least one occasion I've come upon a smoldering area on the side of the road because of it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Tell everyone there is no future…
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#18]
My pet peeve lately has been cig butts on the golf course.  They're fucking everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ED_P:
I don't get people flicking cigarette butts out of their windows.  I saw it as recently as last week.

I've been on backroads and on at least one occasion I've come upon a smoldering area on the side of the road because of it.
View Quote

When I smoked I kept a drink bottle with a little water in it and a cap for my butts.  I was one of the very few considerate smokers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 6EQUJ5:

View Quote

I lived outside of Naples for a couple years. The joke among Americans was

"why is Italy shaped like a boot? Because they couldn't fit all the trash into a sneaker!"
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:37:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#21]
Originally Posted By glock27bill:
I did an Adopt-A-Highway thing where the road had not been policed in a while.  There were some things you did not want to touch.  The most shocking part was we policed that roadway several times a year, and there was tons of crap that accumulated in the space of just a few months.  This was in Northern Virginia...perpetually among the top richest counties in the nation.

I finally understood what made this Italian cry:

http://www.unwinnable.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Crying-Indian.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, but how many fucksticks from MD drive on that road?

Dirtiest stretch of DMV road I ever drive on is MD210. I wonder what the big difference is between my neighborhood in Alexandria and those along 210, hmmm.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ED_P:

View Quote

Smokers, by nature, are people with a weak or nonexistent willpower. It only makes sense that these people wouldn’t have a whole lot of consideration for others if they can’t even have enough wherewithal to stop poisoning themselves. Trash.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I live on a main road and I pick trash up off my lawn every day.

It's always the same shit, empty nips bottles, empty plastic cups (dunkin) and cigarette packs.

This is an area where there are no houses less than $500k.

Disgusting.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:36:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ExFed1811] [#24]
At least once a week, I have  to go pick up  some fast food bags or beer bottles thrown out in my yard (unfortunately, our street is a thoroughfare).

I'm sure they live in shit neighborhoods and never made the correlation between their own  actions and that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Lol, i didn't know ARFCOM was filled with a bunch of eco-loving hippies...
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Same here just west of FTW
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Blue_Devil_JD:
Lol, i didn't know ARFCOM was filled with a bunch of eco-loving hippies...
View Quote

There’s a difference between freaking out over gay shit like carbon emissions and climate change versus white trash and immigrants filthying up our neighborhoods with literal garbage on the ground.

Oh well, I hope he had fun scraping all the superglue and vape box residue off his window
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Last year, someone dumped a whole truck load of old tires on a blacktop county road 2 miles from here in the middle of the night. Not a pickup truck load, either. Darn near blocked the whole road.

The county was not happy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Not all heroes wear capes.

Vigilante Biker Gets Revenge on Drivers Who Litter
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes

Its far better in Europe than in the US.  It is amazing how clean european cities are compared to ours.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#32]
If someone flicks their cigarette butt I always say " The world is your ashtray" it usually pisses them off, yet they are the ones littering.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#33]
I’m leaving the store and getting in my truck, when a cardboard box about the size of a 9mm ammo box lands at my feet. I look over to see a lady rolling up the window to her shitty van, having obviously just dropped it out.

I pick it up, it’s a vape juice box (speaking of trashy..) or something. I don’t know. I held it up and said “looks like you dropped something”. The guy in the drivers seat flips me off, says something unintelligible in broken English, and they get out and head into the store.

Don’t come here and treat this country like the third world shithole you left. Fucking losers.

I would have loved to see the look on his face when he got back to his car and found the box superglued to his windshield.

View Quote

Good.  I hope you did that.  I tossed a bag of food back in a car this last winter.  Bitch was at a gas station and there was a trash can like 8 feet away.  People tossing cig butts out the window are no better.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#34]
I look outside of my nice suburban house one morning and I see trash all over my fenced yard.   WTF.  I proceed to pick up the trash and find a letter with an address which is right across the street from me where a teenage shitbird lives.   I bag the trash and take it over to shitbirds house.   I knock on the door and shitbird answers.   I dump the trash on his front porch and probably threatened the shitbird.  

A little while later there is a knock in my door.  It’s shitbirds mother.   I thought “great, she’s coming to apologize”.   I invited her in and she proceeds to tell me to leave shitbird alone or she will call the cops.  I am stunned and tell her to GTFO of my house.

It never happened again lol.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fttam:

I was sitting on the Cross Bronx the other day  ..I dunno, it looked like a third world country.

To be fair, the places you are likely referring to, like much SA and Asia, don't have functional trash services.  Our problem is more just shitty people.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By TN-MadDog:
I live in a fairly rural area in the unincorporated part of the county. The amount of litter that people throw out is disgusting and embarrassing.

View Quote

Same here.  I call the litter white trash.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 07yzryder:
I'm usually solo in my truck so my floor board is my trash can. I'd rather have a messy truck I can throw away at a gas station or when I feel like it at home vs throwing it out the window. Call me messy or whatever but you can't call me a litterbug.

When we wheel someone always has a mesh bag we grab whatever's around whenever we stop to hang out or if there's a glass bottle.
View Quote

I'd rather be messy than a litterbug.  Messy is me keeping my problem my problem.  Litterbug is me making my problem everyone's problem.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#38]
In Oregon inmates pick up trash. It's amazing how many yellow garbage bags on the side of the road. There used to be a visible difference crossing the California border. Californians had no problem opening the window and tossing the trash out. It's gotten better thankfully.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Backstory
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PiccoloPlayer:

Backstory

Excellent.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm leaving the store and getting in my truck, when a cardboard box about the size of a 9mm ammo box lands at my feet. I look over to see a lady rolling up the window to her shitty van, having obviously just dropped it out.

I pick it up, it's a vape juice box (speaking of trashy..) or something. I don't know. I held it up and said "looks like you dropped something". The guy in the drivers seat flips me off, says something unintelligible in broken English, and they get out and head into the store.

Don't come here and treat this country like the third world shithole you left. Fucking losers.

I would have loved to see the look on his face when he got back to his car and found the box super glued to his windshield.

View Quote
I Love this....

I can't stand litterers.  Not long ago, I had been noticing big soda cups and Lil Caesars boxes tossed out on our dead end county road with little to no outside traffic...

I keep seeing them and always want to stop and pick one up and see whos name was on it, but never did.
I had an suspicion of who was doing it as my step daughters boyfriend happens to work at Lil Caesars.

I asked my wife about them possibly being the culprits and she said, surely not. I said I bet it is.

A few weeks later we were coming down our road, coming home and the step daughter and her boyfriend were leaving and heading out...  When they were about 8-10 car lengths before us, I saw a Pizza box fly out the window.

I said WTF was that we just saw launch out of their window?  You've got to be kidding me.
I said Stop the car and deal with her, IF I do it, I'm gonna hurt some feelings. She got on her and made her go back and pick it up.

Later that night when they came back home.

I said, I've been seeing lil Caesars boxes and soda cups tossed out between our house and the main road.  I'm sure its one or both of you.  I don't want to debate if it was you or not.  IF I see that shit again, you (to her BF) will not be allowed on our property and you will probably be kicked out.   I loved out of the city for several reasons, this type of shit is one of them.  You want to live in the Ghetto, pack your shit and move there, don't  bring it here.

Further more, IF you are driving in or out and see Lil Caesars boxes and soda cups, you stop and pick it up, yours or not, I don't Give a fuck.... This was about a year ago and I have not see any since...
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#41]

Yep the diapers are the worst. The mexicans will absolutely leave a dirty diaper ANYWHERE and half the time they won’t even wrap it up
View Quote

When I lived in San Diego, I watched one wash a diaper out in the ocean. Of course it was summer and the water was packed with people.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Jason280:

It would be awesome if someone would find out who is doing it, collect up all the trash, and return it to the front seat of his vehicle.  In Minecraft.
View Quote

Oddly enough, that was a plot point in one of Carl Hiaasen's better documentary works of non-fiction, Sick Puppy I think it was. Not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

And my very favorite ticket to write was "depositing burning material on roadway" to ask the a-dubs who dropped lit cigarettes out of their windows in wildfire country.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Why do you guys hate freedom?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Bronsonburner:

When I smoked I kept a drink bottle with a little water in it and a cap for my butts.  I was one of the very few considerate smokers.
View Quote

Yeah, this. Car cupholders are the perfect size for empty pop cans. Where some perceive coincidence I see Providence.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Most of my patrol area is on the outskirts of town so I deal with lots of dumping.  The worst of it is directly associated with big nasty homeless camps but we get our fair share of residential and commercial trash.  The homeless don’t care if they get charges.  Later this week I’ll knock on the door of the owner of a 2019 Ram who I’ve got on camera dumping a broken down camp trailer out behind the trails.  He will be loved tenderly by the magistrate.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Trash everywhere here too. 80% looks like fast food debris or beer/beverage containers.

I'd suspect locals. Obnoxious as tourists are, they're not chucking trash out the window for the most.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#47]
I fucking hate literers.

There are certain demographic that are really bad.

The venn diagram of liter bugs and Biden voters would just be two circles sitting on each other
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Growing up, we would find massive piles of trash left be illegals. I mean 4 foot tall piles of trash. Dirty diapers, jugs, clothes, etc…
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:24:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#49]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
I fucking hate literers.

There are certain demographic that are really bad.

The venn diagram of liter bugs and Biden voters would just be two circles sitting on each other
View Quote

Lol.

Confirmation bias. Every group has their own segment of trash. Percentages and proportions may vary somewhat, but they all have their own human trash.

P.S.
Some folks really hate the metric system, huh?

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I’m leaving the store and getting in my truck, when a cardboard box about the size of a 9mm ammo box lands at my feet. I look over to see a lady rolling up the window to her shitty van, having obviously just dropped it out.

I pick it up, it’s a vape juice box (speaking of trashy..) or something. I don’t know. I held it up and said “looks like you dropped something”. The guy in the drivers seat flips me off, says something unintelligible in broken English, and they get out and head into the store.

Don’t come here and treat this country like the third world shithole you left. Fucking losers.

I would have loved to see the look on his face when he got back to his car and found the box superglued to his windshield.

View Quote

Brother???
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top