Originally Posted By tnriverluver:
Trailer sucks.
View Quote

Shut your whore mouth!
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:35:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:
I thought Hugh Jackman said he was never playing wolverine again, and he made the movie Logan as a way to end it?

I guess for enough money, no one is really retired...
View Quote

Jackman said he was getting too old to keep up with the diet and training.  He said in multiple interviews that he hated that part of it.  Also, the movies really started to lack and how are they supposed to keep coming up with loopholes to explain Hugh getting older when Wolverine ages extremely slowly?  Deadpool is clearly doing it by grabbing a Logan from a universe that's in the near-future and it's implied in the trailer that there was some big fight that was lost by the X-Men.

He has said he agreed to do Deadpool because he wasn't required to "torture himself" to get in shape for the role.  A lot of the superhero actors have said it's a massive commitment to do multiple movies when they're required to look like superheroes and it affects other roles they might want between comic book films.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By southerncross:

It's a superhero movie and you're worried there's an overpowered chick in it? Did you miss the part where it's all make believe?
View Quote

Yes,  I worry when overpowered non popular bad guys or gals are written into the script.  

Its the reason The Marvels was a boxoffice bomb.  The reason Thor Love and Thunder sucked ass. The reason many many other SUPERHERO movies suck.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:31:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#5]
Originally Posted By Jason280:

Yeah, I can't get too excited about the film.  Deadpool was great, but the second one was pretty much meh...I really have low expectations on this one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jason280:
Originally Posted By MedmanKS:

This.
Saw the trailer before Dun Pt. 2.
Honestly, thought it looked forced, milking the franchise.

I’ll watch it on cable, in three months probably.

Yeah, I can't get too excited about the film.  Deadpool was great, but the second one was pretty much meh...I really have low expectations on this one.

The second one was worth it just for Reynolds shooting himself in the head for Green Lantern in the postscript.

You’re welcome, Canada.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Sharkman74:

Yes,  I worry when overpowered non popular bad guys or gals are written into the script.  

Its the reason The Marvels was a boxoffice bomb.  The reason Thor Love and Thunder sucked ass. The reason many many other SUPERHERO movies suck.
View All Quotes

It's a superhero movie and you're worried there's an overpowered chick in it? Did you miss the part where it's all make believe?

Huh?

And here, I thought the reason those movies sucked, was because they had shitty scripts.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:55:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

Huh?

And here, I thought the reason those movies sucked, was because they had shitty scripts.
View All Quotes

Huh?

What did the scriptwriting/production/message focus on?

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Why do white trash seem to universally love Deadpool?

Never saw the movie, but see plenty of busted up Durangos covered in Deadpool stickers, and there seems to be a lot of crossover into Juggalo territory.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cih9330:
I stop watching cartoons when I was 10
View Quote

CSB
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By green_bullet:

View All Quotes

Huh?

I don’t get particularly triggered by stronk wimmenz, the way a large portion of GD seems to, especially in fictional universes with metahumans (“She has super strength? OK, sure”).

Do I screech about Ian McKellen being an aged twig who’d have difficulty snapping a breadstick in two, when he uses his superpowers over magnetism to do stuff? No. But I don’t generally screech about “I stopped reading comic books and childish shit” blah blah blah.

If I DGAF about  old frail looking men with super powers, whether it’s magnetism or telepathy or whatever, why would I give a sexist crap about slender women with super powers?

Haven’t seen The Marvels, so I have no idea about the script, but Thor: Love and Thunder was garbage, not because Jane Foster picked up Mjolnir and gained super powers. It was garbage because the writing and script sucked.

I firmly believe that the REASON it sucked, was because they allowed Taika Waititi free rein after the success with Ragnarok. In small doses, his humor is fine. TLAD was an example of what happens when no one reins him in. The whole Olympus bit was just straight

I didn’t have any particular issues with Dark Phoenix in the MCU, from the Dark Phoenix Saga in comics in the 80s, to the movies. Stronk wimmenz? Dark Phoenix had the ability to destroy an entire solar system. The difference was that those movies had decent scripts.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mancat:
Why do white trash seem to universally love Deadpool?

Never saw the movie, but see plenty of busted up Durangos covered in Deadpool stickers, and there seems to be a lot of crossover into Juggalo territory.
View Quote

The Punisher logo was already claimed by another group of morons
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:57:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#13]
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:

The why of the yellow costume that covers his abs.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher214:
I thought Hugh Jackman said he was never playing wolverine again, and he made the movie Logan as a way to end it?

Jackman said he was getting too old to keep up with the diet and training.  He said in multiple interviews that he hated that part of it.  Also, the movies really started to lack and how are they supposed to keep coming up with loopholes to explain Hugh getting older when Wolverine ages extremely slowly?  Deadpool is clearly doing it by grabbing a Logan from a universe that's in the near-future and it's implied in the trailer that there was some big fight that was lost by the X-Men.

He has said he agreed to do Deadpool because he wasn't required to "torture himself" to get in shape for the role.  A lot of the superhero actors have said it's a massive commitment to do multiple movies when they're required to look like superheroes and it affects other roles they might want between comic book films.

A) the dark costume covered his abs, too
B) nowadays, all the superhero movies use the spandex costumes with molded foam ‘muscles’, to achieve the comic book superhero look (vs the smooth look of even muscular guys wearing spandex eg. Arnie in The Running Man). So the actors don’t really even need to have bulging muscles or a sixpack.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:57:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#14]

B) nowadays, all the superhero movies use the spandex costumes with molded foam 'muscles', to achieve the comic book superhero look (vs the smooth look of even muscular guys wearing spandex eg. Arnie in The Running Man). So the actors don't really even need to have bulging muscles or a sixpack.
View All Quotes

B) nowadays, all the superhero movies use the spandex costumes with molded foam 'muscles', to achieve the comic book superhero look (vs the smooth look of even muscular guys wearing spandex eg. Arnie in The Running Man). So the actors don't really even need to have bulging muscles or a sixpack.

Yeah but Wolverine is shirtless in most movies.  It's kinda his thing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#15]

I don’t get particularly triggered by stronk wimmenz, the way a large portion of GD seems to, especially in fictional universes with metahumans (“She has super strength? OK, sure”).

Do I screech about Ian McKellen being an aged twig who’d have difficulty snapping a breadstick in two, when he uses his superpowers over magnetism to do stuff? No. But I don’t generally screech about “I stopped reading comic books and childish shit” blah blah blah.

If I DGAF about  old frail looking men with super powers, whether it’s magnetism or telepathy or whatever, why would I give a sexist crap about slender women with super powers?

Haven’t seen The Marvels, so I have no idea about the script, but Thor: Love and Thunder was garbage, not because Jane Foster picked up Mjolnir and gained super powers. It was garbage because the writing and script sucked.

I firmly believe that the REASON it sucked, was because they allowed Taika Waititi free rein after the success with Ragnarok. In small doses, his humor is fine. TLAD was an example of what happens when no one reins him in. The whole Olympus bit was just straight

I didn’t have any particular issues with Dark Phoenix in the MCU, from the Dark Phoenix Saga in comics in the 80s, to the movies. Stronk wimmenz? Dark Phoenix had the ability to destroy an entire solar system. The difference was that those movies had decent scripts.
View All Quotes

Huh?

get out of my head!
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Huh?

You understand that those scripts suck because they hire unqualified people to write and direct movies to fill quotas, right?  Take the Marvels for example, easy one, the director Nia Dacosta was chosen because she checked some boxes - she had a total of two shitty low budget movies under her belt and was in no way qualified to direct a $300 million MCU project. The wokeness infested the entire MCU and Star Wars universes from the top down and is why they suck giant feminine balls now even in scripts where you may not be able to directly see the DEI bullshit on screen.
These people that put out these shitty movies will go from interview to interview where they can talk about nothing but themselves and how as gender queer lgbbq members their life has been so hard and they want to make sure they are making movies that reflect them, often times going so far as to tell men or other problematic potential viewers (like 70% of who traditionally watch action/super hero movies btw)not to even bother watching their shit and then also blaming those same men for their constant box office failures.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Sigh, what movies/shows do I need to watch to understand the TVA? I stopped watching after Endgame
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Loki
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Vegitan:
Sigh, what movies/shows do I need to watch to understand the TVA? I stopped watching after Endgame
View Quote

Loki is all you need.  Both seasons are really good.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:19:08 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Spiderverse or whatever it was called with the last three Spider-Man?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:28:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#21]
Originally Posted By IceChimp:

You understand that those scripts suck because they hire unqualified people to write and direct movies to fill quotas, right?  Take the Marvels for example, easy one, the director Nia Dacosta was chosen because she checked some boxes - she had a total of two shitty low budget movies under her belt and was in no way qualified to direct a $300 million MCU project. The wokeness infested the entire MCU and Star Wars universes from the top down and is why they suck giant feminine balls now even in scripts where you may not be able to directly see the DEI bullshit on screen.
These people that put out these shitty movies will go from interview to interview where they can talk about nothing but themselves and how as gender queer lgbbq members their life has been so hard and they want to make sure they are making movies that reflect them, often times going so far as to tell men or other problematic potential viewers (like 70% of who traditionally watch action/super hero movies btw)not to even bother watching their shit and then also blaming those same men for their constant box office failures.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IceChimp:

Huh?

I was simply pointing out that a shitty script is a shitty script, not simply because it has “overpowered characters/women”.

It seems that a lot of comments in GD nowadays, are virtue signalers who want to look for any small sign to virtue signal their anti-wokeness.

Sure, the DEI BS is annoying, but the folks going around spewing all the, “interracial couples! REEEEE!!!”. “Overpowered female character! Will not watch!”, are equally tiresome.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Nah.  There was multiverse stuff in that but the TVA info is all in the Loki series.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't care about all that timeline shit.  I just hope it's funny
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top