BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dlshady:
Daaaaaaayummmmmmmmmm.  I got side tracked and haven't seen a bit of the show tonight.  Unfortunately my kid got a hefty dose of reality tonight with one of those life lessons you don't soon forget.  He's gone back to his old college this weekend to see the reveal of this year's race car, and he called a little bit ago to let me know that he'd gone to eat supper tonight and his debit card was declined when he went to pay.  He checked his account when he got out of the restaurant and found that someone has gotten over $23,000 out of his checking account over the past week.  I have no doubt that the credit union will make things right in time, but he was completely pissed.  I told him that I wasn't criticizing, but this is precisely why I told him never to leave much money in a checking account and to look at it often.  I think now he gets it...
View Quote

Jeez. Good luck, hopefully your CU makes it right
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Camera dood is like fuck that!

Now there are a couple of chulos in the median!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Daaaaaaayummmmmmmmmm.  I got side tracked and haven't seen a bit of the show tonight.  Unfortunately my kid got a hefty dose of reality tonight with one of those life lessons you don't soon forget.  He's gone back to his old college this weekend to see the reveal of this year's race car, and he called a little bit ago to let me know that he'd gone to eat supper tonight and his debit card was declined when he went to pay.  He checked his account when he got out of the restaurant and found that someone has gotten over $23,000 out of his checking account over the past week.  I have no doubt that the credit union will make things right in time, but he was completely pissed.  I told him that I wasn't criticizing, but this is precisely why I told him never to leave much money in a checking account and to look at it often.  I think now he gets it...
View Quote

That reminds me, I need to move some money.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m out. See you shitposters tomorrow
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:42:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

I wish I had 23k in checking
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:

I wish I had 23k in checking

Me too!  I guess that's the benefit of being 25 years old, recently out of college and still living at home.  The housing market around here is SO jacked up that he's waiting on it to crash or right itself before he starts looking to buy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Manchu65:
View Quote

Night.  I ain't far behind. Up at 0500.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

See ya! Not far behind myself.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Goodnight
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:44:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:44:20 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Night dude!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Me too!  I guess that's the benefit of being 25 years old, recently out of college and still living at home.  The housing market around here is SO jacked up that he's waiting on it to crash or right itself before he starts looking to buy.
View Quote

I have 17 in savings and I'll have just shy of 40 on Monday,  then drop 23 for the new build...
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#13]

I went traveling for a meeting with this girl. She was 7 months pregnant at the time and yeah, I ended up holding her purse for a few minutes in the airport. I was holding in my palm like a football and felt a cigarette lighter and those were forbidden on the aircraft. Then I felt another, and another, and another. When she came back and we were sitting down in a lounge area I asked her about the lighters. What lighters? The lighters in your purse! What lighters?

I asked her where she put her lighters. I looked in that pocket and sure as shit there was a hole in the bottom of that pocket. By the time I was done worming BIC lighters out of the bottom of her purse thru the hole there were at least 25. Something as stupid as that could focus "Sauron's Eye" of security upon her for awhile.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Is that a Robinson R44? That's all the PD can afford?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Yikes!  

And thanks for a reminder.  I've been moving accounts out of Wells Fuckyou.  I need to setup transaction alets at the new bank.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

See ya!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:45:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#19]

makes sense
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Buenos nachos.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote
 My wife and I are blessed we have a year of salary in the Money market account and multiple retirement accounts fully funded.  We got tired of being poor and went into super savings mode  when we turned 35.  Of course that money is asleep in the bank with all the inflation.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
I was going to say "never, ever have a debit card."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
I was going to say "never, ever have a debit card."

This is with a local credit union, and I have no doubt they'll make things right, but he's totally stressed in the mean time.  Good life lesson to learn though.  I'll admit, I was proud to hear him say that he did have his credit card but didn't want to use it because he didn't know if he could pay it off at the end of the month.  I let him know real quick that carrying a small balance over to next month because of something like this was completely different than carrying a balance because you bought a bunch of shit you didn't need, but it was good to know he's thinking.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By HandtoHandWombat:
Is that a Robinson R44? That's all the PD can afford?
View Quote
Sad, ain't it?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Paul:

I went traveling for a meeting with this girl. She was 7 months pregnant at the time and yeah, I ended up holding her purse for a few minutes in the airport. I was holding in my palm like a football and felt a cigarette lighter and those were forbidden on the aircraft. Then I felt another, and another, and another. When she came back and we were sitting down in a lounge area I asked her about the lighters. What lighters? The lighters in your purse! What lighters?

I asked her where she put her lighters. I looked in that pocket and sure as shit there was a hole in the bottom of that pocket. By the time I was done worming BIC lighters out of the bottom of her purse thru the hole there were at least 25. Something as stupid as that could focus "Sauron's Eye" of security upon her for awhile.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Paul:

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Boop
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:47:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:

Night.  I ain't far behind. Up at 0500.
View Quote
 Enjoy your time on the water my Carolina skiff needs a new four stroke.  I just don't know if re motoring a 95 is worth it.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#29]
POOPH BITCHES
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

They will, I have no doubt.  In the mean time, he's still got his old debit card from another local bank he used during college, so I moved some money into his account there to get him through the weekend. Still a hard life lesson to learn, but those are the ones you don't soon forget.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:49:05 PM EDT
[#33]
You might out run/box/shoot  a single cop but you'll not beat them all.

They have a practiced system designed to beat the worst.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:49:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Hobs98:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hobs98:

You need my account number?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Fuck AARP.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#38]

You're on fire!

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Oh lord, now we got a banana dick commercial
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:51:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes

she can sit on your face and you will not hear the phone ring
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:52:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top