Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#1]
No information about what lift kit and does it have a limited slip.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Arndog86:
A shit-ton less than $159K I can tell you that!
View Quote
You can't have one built for that.
Price paint lately? It's very easy to have $1k in each PRIMER coat.
I'd do that before I did $100k for a nanny F350 that shuts off if you rum it out of muffler juice.
With $2k ea. mirrors and tail lights..
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By UV18:
OP claims it is a Chevy.... Can't read the grill that says GMC.
View Quote

Even worse, its a GMC clone
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Vehicles are somewhat like firearms , restorations are not in the same category as original items and just because somebody put a stack of money into something to fix it up "like new" doesn't mean it is worth all the money that was spent.

Common objects are usually worth about what they are going for but the rarer more valuable cool things are rarely sold or traded off so it is always to set a value.

If you can match up somebody with a cool valuable item with some guy with a stack of disposable cash you can come up with a big number but with rare items that same big number doesn't carry over well to similar items.

Old Toyota pickups? Sort of cool I guess.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By fttam:
I have to lol at guys spitting out “$50k!”

Has anyone seen what square bodies go for?

And absolutely mint big block truck, in the rarest body style possible?

I dunno about the price as listed, but that’s an easy six figure truck
View Quote

The GM square body crew cab SRW 4X4 was always one of my dream trucks as a kid. I'll never be able to afford a nice one now. Closest thing I had was my diesel Suburban. I sold it for $15K. GD told me I'd only get $87 for it even though it was rust-free and mechanically sound.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:33:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akguy1985] [#6]
'90 Cheyenne 3500 454, crank windows, rubber floor and manual locks, factory AM radio!!! Last year of the turbo 400 transmission. I wish it was a manual. At highway speeds she screams at 3,000 rpm.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
I thought square bodies stopped in 87? Or right around there.
View Quote

91 was the last Blazer

It was fuel injected

I miss mine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:57:09 PM EDT
[#8]
As a guy who goes to the big auctions, there is no way he's gonna get that much for it. Even if he put through Barrett Jackson or mecum on a premier day would it go for that much. I could see 85k but that's the top.

Vangaurd has always been high too though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:13:43 AM EDT
[#9]
$159,000 and only one headlight will work...
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:00:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By hotdog250j:
You can't have one built for that.
Price paint lately? It's very easy to have $1k in each PRIMER coat.
I'd do that before I did $100k for a nanny F350 that shuts off if you rum it out of muffler juice.
With $2k ea. mirrors and tail lights..
View Quote

They don't just shut off if you run out of def. They go into limp mode.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#11]
The square body/c10 movement thing is getting a bit out of hand.

I'm all about old nostalgia. This is all to much though. They weren't that good. They just weren't. Even back in the 90s they were junk compared to any of the fuel injection trucks. I realize that's not what this is about though.

What they command now is insanity.

When are the Pontiac grand pricks of the 90s going to get their day in the sun?

Seriously. It wasn't all that long ago you couldn't give away old square body chevys. Why subject yourself to that kind of torture. It is however, seriously impressive the amount of money that clean examples are bringing now.

Don't mind me. I'm salty cause I sold one of the more low production 1997 F350's there ever was.  That one's going to haunt me and will most likely be a 6 digit fuck up on my part.

If money, shop space, and acreage wasn't an issue, it would however have a long bed day cab Chevy 454 square body on 44" TSL tires just because. Paint in a heavy metallic blue. I fell in love with one back in the mid 90s. It was for sale for $8k. Man  I wished I had that one. Kind of like the truck from varsity blues, but lighter blue.

Every square body and 90's Chevy we had all got ground into dust living the farm truck life. Back in the day when. People didn't give a shit about trucks and every lawyer and soccer mom in town didn't have one.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top