Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brutus_15:
I wonder if the driver is an employee or an independent contractor. Vicarious liability becomes a little tougher if they are an independent contractor. Think you’d have to prove he was a known shitbag before hiring.
View Quote

Is he a licensed contractor?  Or just an employee who has a car?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:56:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Fullautoguy:

If they are like Uber or Lyft they will have done at minimum a motor vehicle check and a simple background check.
View Quote
Probably the same company that does background checks for the NBA, or FBI or CIA.  Might miss a few things.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By timeless:
The driver must have had extremely low impulse control.
View Quote
That's one of those qualities needed to survive in the jungle.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By LeadRX:

It happened last night, I'm making no promises but I'll do my best to get a copy.
View Quote
Make sure you record it playing on a monitor with your phone, and have a couple chinese guys yelling in the background.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:00:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#5]
@LeadRX

How did you find out about this and see the vid?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:02:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dopple] [#6]
This is also a lesson to never confront someone unarmed and be willing to protect your life.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#7]
An apology email?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CMiller:

Fortunately his identity can be easily established--is this a location where law enforcement will take it seriously?
View Quote

Hopefully he's dumb enough to keep the phone he used with Instacart so they can find it (and presumably him) with it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

She learned an important lesson about talking shit.  Some people walk around hoping for an opportunity to commit violence.
View Quote

kinda looks like the hoodrat started it. too bad she didn't have a rose to give him🤷

he'll get his,they always do.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#10]

She learned an important lesson about talking shit.  Some people walk around hoping for an opportunity to commit violence.
View Quote

It's so fucking crazy how many women are dumb enough to talk shit to/insult men they do not know.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By alc1343:

It's so fucking crazy how many women are dumb enough to talk shit to/insult men they do not know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By alc1343:

They do until they come across an animal who's willing to hurt or kill a person with zero regard for their gender, age, or size.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Have her post the video on YouTube. "Instacart shopper attempts to kill me" that will get their attention.

Go to local news

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Taom:
An apology email?
View Quote

Seems to me that could be important.  You don't apologize for things you aren't responsible for.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Taom:
An apology email?
View Quote
"We deeply regret the ass-beating our associate dealt out to you.  Please enjoy this coupon code for 10% off your next Instacart order."
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#16]

The dude delivered 6 bags of groceries to the wrong address, apparently her house is easily confused with her neighbors, when she went to get them the guy was leaving and she told him it was the wrong address. He didn’t take kindly to that and called her a stupid bitch and she said something along the lines of “get a real job asshole”, then he proceeded to try to run her over and beat the shit out of her.

She has a concussion, severely bruised face, and two cracked ribs from him kicking her while she was unconscious.

ETA: this happened in Waterbury.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Wtf

Was the driver ...disrespected perhaps?

The dude delivered 6 bags of groceries to the wrong address, apparently her house is easily confused with her neighbors, when she went to get them the guy was leaving and she told him it was the wrong address. He didn’t take kindly to that and called her a stupid bitch and she said something along the lines of “get a real job asshole”, then he proceeded to try to run her over and beat the shit out of her.

She has a concussion, severely bruised face, and two cracked ribs from him kicking her while she was unconscious.

ETA: this happened in Waterbury.

Sounds like she got a huge cup of equality in the fuck around and find out. Don’t shit on people who have absolutely nothing to lose.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#17]
So she clearly disrespected him??? Case closed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By midcap:

If you were in Louisiana I'd have the right guy for you
View Quote

@midcap Gordan McKernan!!!!!!! Or Morris Bart lol
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I know it won't be a popular opinion, but I think it's stupid to hold businesses financially accountable for employees actions. How the fuck can they predict human insane behavior.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Go to the press. Make noise about it, make instacart look bad.
Post the hell out of the footage in social media, make it go viral.
The goal is to get more public sympathizers.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Hire a lawyer?
View Quote

Hire a lawyer asap... and for the cops it shouldn't take long at all to ID the suspect.  They just need to contact Instacart, boom they got a name and security camera footage to verify.

Sounds easy peasy, they may only need a lawyer to motivate them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SamuelAdams1776:

Is he a licensed contractor?  
View Quote

I don't think he was there to fix the HVAC.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#23]

What kind of lawyer should she call? A personal injury attorney?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LoBrau:
Probably by talking to a lawyer. An apology email? I kind of want to read it, what could they possibly say?

What kind of lawyer should she call? A personal injury attorney?

Yep, Edgar Snyder in these parts

"no cost unless we get money for you"
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Gator:

Hire a lawyer asap... and for the cops it shouldn't take long at all to ID the suspect.  They just need to contact Instacart, boom they got a name and security camera footage to verify.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gator:
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Hire a lawyer?

Maybe.  I've had more than a few deliveries where the name on Door Dash, etc was female and the person delivering was some dude.

Security cam from the grocery store should be clear enough even if he was using someone else's name/account.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#26]

What kind of attorney should she get?
View Quote

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=texas+law+hawk+commercial&mkr=15&ei=UTF-8&fr2=p%3Afp%2Cm%3Asa%2Cct%3Asa%2Ckt%3Anone&_tsrc=yfp-hrmob-s&fp=1&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001&type=sbc_dsl_mobile
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I’d be more concerned with the guy getting arrested than looking for a pay day
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:
I’d be more concerned with the guy getting arrested than looking for a pay day
View Quote

It's arfcom, get both
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, I'd say she learned a valuable cultural lesson about shit-talking potentially unstable individuals people with marginal employment prospects.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#30]
She's gonna get paid for that ass whoopin.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By chmodx:

He was there operating under IC and at the wrong location, she didn't order anything.  What are we missing?

Uber gets sued all the time for conduct of its drivers.  Similar situation here
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QwikKotaTx:
Instacart will owe some sort of liability in this as the lady didn't order or have any contractual agreement with them.

He showed up at the wrong place, if she insulted him back so what.  That's protected speech and based on what we know doesn't warrant violence.

Guy was there on IC's operating service, and at the location negligently as it was an incorrect destination.

IC will pay something on this
Where did you people learn to read?

He was there operating under IC and at the wrong location, she didn't order anything.  What are we missing?

She ordered the groceries. The groceries got delivered to the next door neighbor. She went to retrieve the groceries while the driver was still there. You have it backwards.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#32]

She ordered the groceries. The groceries got delivered to the next door neighbor. She went to retrieve the groceries while the driver was still there. You have it backwards.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QwikKotaTx:
Instacart will owe some sort of liability in this as the lady didn't order or have any contractual agreement with them.

He showed up at the wrong place, if she insulted him back so what.  That's protected speech and based on what we know doesn't warrant violence.

Guy was there on IC's operating service, and at the location negligently as it was an incorrect destination.

IC will pay something on this
Where did you people learn to read?

You're right. I misread the op's reply on the first page.

I am backwards on this.

Apologies!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Man, I’m so pissed about this, my co-worker is a petite little lady, all I can imagine is this kind of shit happening to my wife. Though if it did, the last thing I would be looking for is a lawyer, well maybe a criminal defense one…
View Quote

While the gal didn't deserve to be assaulted I hope your wife is smart enough to not get onto  a verbal confrontation with an anyone let alone the likely individual in question.

You may wanna have that conversation
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#34]
She wont have to work anymore, tell her goodbye for us and enjoy retirement.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Calculating:
I know it won't be a popular opinion, but I think it's stupid to hold businesses financially accountable for employees actions. How the fuck can they predict human insane behavior.
View Quote
They can't..they carry insurance, just like you cannot predict accidents.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

The website took the money.
The website picked the driver.
The website paid the driver.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DoctorCAD:
I'd bet that she isn't getting anything from Instacart.  They aren't the drivers employer, they are just a website .

The driver is 109% responsible.

My question is did the website run a criminal background check.

If the guy ends up having a violent criminal record once identified, I imagine it might be relevant.

IANAL
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Must have been some disrespec.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:27:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: juan223] [#38]
Originally Posted By CouncilOfDave:

If the guy ends up having a violent criminal record once identified, I imagine it might be relevant.

IANAL
View Quote

Probably not alowed to anymore with all the ESG/DEI lest me continue to marginalize "justice involved" persons..
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#39]
holy shit, that's crazy

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#40]

IANAL
View All Quotes
I'd bet that she isn't getting anything from Instacart.  They aren't the drivers employer, they are just a website .

IANAL

If they did. They're probably on the list of employers that hires felons anyways.

Sounds like it's not fully known here.  But a number of businesses are willing to hire felons as long as they are honest about their past.

Part of the process of getting people rehabilitated I suppose.  Ironically enough though.  The list of what employers would was kept somewhat secret.  Wouldn't want it to get out that you're willing to put criminals on the payroll.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By juan223:

Probably not alowed to anymore with all the ESG/DEI lest me continue to marginalize "justice involved" persons..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By juan223:

IANAL

I have no idea. I'd be surprised if it wasn't required by their insurance carrier, but I honestly have no idea. I'm just an idiot on the internets.

I had to have a background and drug screen, and don't go to customers homes, so it would be pretty wild from my perspective NOT to have done a background check.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:38:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CouncilOfDave] [#42]
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:

If they did. They're probably on the list of employers that hires felons anyways.

Sounds like it's not fully known here.  But a number of businesses are willing to hire felons as long as they are honest about their past.

Part of the process of getting people rehabilitated I suppose.  Ironically enough though.  The list of what employers would was kept somewhat secret.  Wouldn't want it to get out that you're willing to put criminals on the payroll.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:

IANAL

Wouldn't surprise me I guess for a contract gig. I just kinda figure it might make a lawsuit easier if they knowingly hired a guy who beats on people.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TheOldRepublic:
Have her post the video on YouTube. "Instacart shopper attempts to kill me" that will get their attention.

Go to local news

View Quote

There’s a possibility the video isn’t as helpful to the victim as one might hope.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By jsnappa:

There’s a possibility the video isn’t as helpful to the victim as one might hope.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jsnappa:
Originally Posted By TheOldRepublic:

Go to local news

And there is a possibility this is all bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:44:24 PM EDT
[#45]
At what point do her friends find this guy outside the public eye and beat the shit out of him.

I worked with a guy whose sister got drunk and rapid at a party. When he found out, him and three friends hunted him down. During the chase the guy ran to a house and pounded on the door to be let in. The people inside watched as they dragged him over to the tracks and beat him nearly to death. I was happy to hear how it ended. We need more of this justice.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Just call The Texas HammerAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Just wait until you guys find out who works for your roofing company, moving company, landscaping crew, painters, etc.

There is a severe labor shortage in this FJB economy.  Companies are desperate to hire any warm body.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Calculating:
View Quote

Accountability is what drives people and companies to make smart choices and insane human behavior is predictable to some degree.  That's why companies do background checks and drug screenings.  They wouldn't do that if there wasn't some actionable correlation with behavior/performance that is going to be detrimental to the company.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:52:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JVD] [#49]
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:

Well, I'd say she learned a valuable cultural lesson about shit-talking potentially unstable individuals people with marginal employment prospects.
View Quote

If someone can't handle being told they are a piece of shit, while being a piece of shit, without getting all violent they deserve an 8000mg dose of lead to the head. So does anyone that supports that violent aggressor. And anyone that supports those people.
The lesson should be carry.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CavScout:
She wont have to work anymore, tell her goodbye for us and enjoy retirement.
View Quote

I love reading about the fantasy world you guys live in with regards to lawsuits.  

If you all quit spending all your time trying to get out of jury duty or talking about jury nullification you might see how civil court usually plays out.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top