Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I use one biking.  Helped stop a situation once biking home after work at midnight on the Greenway.

They might've thought I looked gay, but they didn't want none.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:25:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xCLAYBUSTERx] [#2]
Originally Posted By VoxLibertatis:

But seriously, my oldest boy started playing T Ball, and I’ve been coaching. I don’t want to panic the moms, so IWB isn’t really feasible with the constant bending over to pick up balls, gloves, hats, angry kiddos etc. i don’t feel comfortable with a j frame or other pocket gun, at the distances I may theoretically need to use the gun, so a fanny pack it is. It’s significantly slower drawing from concealment, but it’s certainly comfortable. I see the appeal, though I could never switch to it permanently. It’ll fill a niche role for me nicely, though.
View Quote

I wear this everyday working on injection molding machines, climbing in and on them and all other kinds of plant maintenance stuff.  So I don’t get the really isn’t feasible part.

Attachment Attached File

ETA: Yes, you might be a fag.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

It is indeed the medium. The Glock is temporary, as I will have a staccato with an RMR/light on it once they release the new model c. The snubby wouldn’t be big enough to accommodate that.
View Quote

I've been eyeing a medium since it'll hold a 1911 and more mags than gunkid.

I don't get the hate, all the cool kids use belt packs:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is camouflage so you can’t see it
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By xCLAYBUSTERx:

I wear this everyday working on injection molding machines, climbing in and on them and all other kinds of plant maintenance stuff.  So I don’t get the really isn’t feasible part.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14611/IMG_0609_jpeg-3188995.JPG

View Quote

He’s not the one posting groin selfies on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#6]
that's the same rig my great uncle wears to the mall!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m just eager to hear about the distances you plan to be engaging targets at the little league game.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#8]

The forgotten fourth member of Bell Biv DeVoe....
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Ah, the murse lite! A bitch bag, enjoy! You'll no longer have to place excessive items on the public restroom floors while you take care business while sitting down to pee.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Rough crowd tonight, OP
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By neostoicism:
I’m just eager to hear about the distances you plan to be engaging targets at the little league game.
View Quote

I can consistently make hits on a B27 at 50 yards with a G19. I cannot do that with a J frame or other pocket gun. So, 50 yards.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:
Rough crowd tonight, OP
View Quote

I literally asked for it
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I drive a Ridgeline, but I wouldn't be seen wearing a fanny pack.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:11:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: G-REM] [#14]
Old school Jansport Fanny pack master race checking in.

Started using it when my daughter was a wee lass and we first started hiking with her. Couple diapers and cream, sunscreen, first aid and snacky snacks and of course John Moses Brownings greatest design.
Nowadays, if I’m carrying anything bigger than my LCP pocket gun, there’s a 50% chance I’m gonna fanny pack it.
Gay? Nah cuz. Being concerned about other men’s accessories? Yeah, cum on a moustache.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been wearing one, usually over my shoulder

I LARP as a MGTOW - it keeps conversation to a minimum.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:12:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I love my 5.11 fanny packs. 2 with a discount code was like 15 bucks more than one, just wish I'd gotten black and tan instead of 2 black bags. I wanted to carry a G17 and most of the gun bags seem sized for a 19, TFB showed it can hold a Desert Eagle.

My summer riding regulars-
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Careful.

They say that once you've packed one fanny, you want to pack them all.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Jew:
Mine is camouflage so you can’t see it
View Quote

Your Penis?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#19]
No multicam black? Why so poor?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Was wearing a Lowe today.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Put a Trijicon on that Glock and you’ll be perfect.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:31:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File

Been carrying a Maxpedition Jumbo on and off for years. Don't like it?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By VoodooChile:
I had a neighbor that wore a fanny pack and acid washed jeans

he was also 4x world kickboxing champion...

"dude that fanny pack looks great on you"
View Quote
pics?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Got tired of your “shoot me first” vest and concealed carry sash?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:50:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Used one for the first time Saturday.  Had a photo shoot in a sketchy area, couldn't find my belly band (probably would have pissed me off anyway with all the bending, squatting, etc.) so I borrowed my kid's.  I opted for the plain black over the hairy man beer belly one because I was trying to be professional.  

It was very convenient and I was happy to have it as we did encounter several homeless people hopped up on God knows what----we went into a copse of huge oak trees with low swooping branches and I'm 99% sure one of them was using one of the branches to take a shit .  

It probably didn't look out of place at all what with the camera and backpack with my gear but even if it did, zero fucks given.  

9/10 would use again.  1 point deducted for the constant worry of plumber's butt as the back of my shirt kept riding up/bunching up underneath the strap.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#26]
ARFCOM GD Fuckers have no sense of fashion! It’s obviously a modern, utilitarian codpiece.

I rarely wear any waist packs around the waist, mostly sling them to keep up on the hip new shit these days! HPG = Good choice…even if it looks gay!

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:16:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Collapsible cup in the loadout?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CharlesUFina:
Collapsible cup in the loadout?
View Quote

He can't hold all that semen in his mouth now can he?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By tveddy:
I went with a fanny pack a long time ago. Now when i have my hpg it has diapers in the front pouch pistol in the back
View Quote

Have you been treated for your incontinence?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:00:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Fanny packs are cool dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:48:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VoodooChile] [#31]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
pics?
View Quote

No pics of the fanny pack but here he was back in his fighting days ..by the time I had met him you could tell he has been through a lot ..His nickname was Conan

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#33]
The biggest insult, is you coulda got a better one from Walmart for $10-15 bucks.  

I hope you can make them cool OP.  
They certainly are practical.    Just look stupid as hell, and I usually don’t even care what other people think.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:58:32 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

My brother, have you never owned a lint roller?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

But seriously, my oldest boy started playing T Ball, and I’ve been coaching. I don’t want to panic the moms, so IWB isn’t really feasible with the constant bending over to pick up balls, gloves, hats, angry kiddos etc. i don’t feel comfortable with a j frame or other pocket gun, at the distances I may theoretically need to use the gun, so a fanny pack it is. It’s significantly slower drawing from concealment, but it’s certainly comfortable. I see the appeal, though I could never switch to it permanently. It’ll fill a niche role for me nicely, though.

Its perfectly feasible.

During the Summer of Love I swapped my EDC around from strong side IWB to AIWB.  Its easier to draw when sitting in a car, easier to retain in a ground fight, and the extra space lets me add more gear that I can carry concealed.

My EDC these days is almost like a mini war belt load out with carbine mags and 2x TQs, along with a IFAK.

I like to keep my weapons and flashlight on me.  I do have a larger FAK that is set up to throw over a shoulder or clip over a belt in each car, but mostly I just started carrying a day pack everywhere.  Its got the rest of my EDC belt modules (my carbine mags and when not wearing it the IFAK gear), along with E&E tools, sustainment gear, as well as things I will need for the day.

I think a civilian backpack draws a lot less attention than all of these grayman bags, and it carries a lot more, with more comfort if you are being active.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#36]

I can consistently make hits on a B27 at 50 yards with a G19. I cannot do that with a J frame or other pocket gun. So, 50 yards.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By neostoicism:

Glad to see someone else considering longer ranges in their EDC.

My EDC preference is for a pistol I can make good hits with consistently at 50 yards too.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
The biggest insult, is you coulda got a better one from Walmart for $10-15 bucks.  

They certainly are practical.    Just look stupid as hell, and I usually don’t even care what other people think.
View Quote

Show me some of these $10 specials that are superior to a highly regarded US made product.

lol.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Thats a sling bag.

I only see sling bags on chubby zoomer girls that give off giga slut energy and and gay presenting black males.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Show me some of these $10 specials that are superior to a highly regarded US made product.

lol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

lol.

Not superior at all. But then again, it’s serves its purpose well enough.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I had a nice brown leather one back in 95. I used to bike to work about 12 miles and it was pretty handy. It kept the crap out of my pockets too.

I had a gay friend who gave me a leather clutch murse one day. It was very nice, but hardly convenient since I rode my bike most everywhere. I still have it somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Not everyone can be good at concealment, I guess.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:14:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#42]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By VoodooChile:
I had a neighbor that wore a fanny pack and acid washed jeans

he was also 4x world kickboxing champion...

View Quote

He wasn’t tough in spite of his fashion choices.

Life ain’t easy for a boy named Sue
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File

Mine has an AR weilding cat riding a fire breathing unicorn on molten lava.  All of your guys’ shoulder bags and fanny packs are GHEY compared to mine!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Attachment Attached File

Love a good fanny pack for load outs.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Butternut:
... like my Kindle for reading and bottled water and the like.
View Quote
Reading? Gay.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 3BP:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177080/IMG_1684_jpeg-3189731.JPG

Mine has an AR weilding cat riding a fire breathing unicorn on molten lava.  All of your guys’ shoulder bags and fanny packs are GHEY compared to mine!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#49]
I really want to get one, but have never brought myself to pull the trigger.  Just certain times it would be nice.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#50]
One for medical and one for gym goon gear. Of course with whistle for occasions of repelling rapists or signaling lift/shift fire during fanny pack battles.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top