User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By panthermark:
This thread is a perfect example of why I have not picked one up.
There does not seem to be a consensus "this is the way to go" weapon.  

IMO a PCC (really a sub gun, I have no use for a 16" pistol caliber unless it is a lever action .357 or something), should have 4 items:
1. No buffer tube (should be able to fold and have a small footprint)  
2. Not be direct blowback (it is freaking 2024)
3. Affordable
4. Reliable  

What fits all four criteria?  

View Quote

Turkish MP5 Clone
Striborg A3
BT-  kinda expensive
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
No love for the Dissent?
View Quote

I had went down a rabbit hole and thought that the Dissent would be a great option because it works on a AR lower, and you don't need a buffertube.   But $1200 for just an upper!?!?   I see why people are going with the Stribog.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Wasn't the stribog a piece of junk originally? Or am I thinking of the Sig
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:47:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#4]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:
Wasn't the stribog a piece of junk originally? Or am I thinking of the Sig
View Quote

Yes

And then they fixed it, and it still sucked.  
And then they fixed it, and it still sucked.

And then fixed it again, and it's pretty great. Read the thread and be sure to get the model as instructed.  Beware buying used - as that could be early gen.

If this seems unacceptable - that's cool, I can respect that.  But yes, a current Stribog is actually The One To Get.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#5]
My Gen 1 Scoprion has been flawless other than some bad ammo, it was recalled because of no crimping.

More recently I picked up an AR-V because I have those scorpion mags and it has been great since I got a trigger issue solved that wasn't an issue with the gun. The CMC trigger blade is too wide for the receiver opening and I had to relieve it quite a bit for clearance. Only known issue is the feed ramp screws don't have thread locker and can get loose.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By imbreske:
Anybody put their Stribog on a scale? How much does it actually weigh?

My 7.8" Scorpion is about 6 3/4lbs empty with light, optic, pistol brace, & sling.

It's been reliable for me with 115, 124, 135, & 147gr 9mm. Ball and HP. No silencer yet, though. The amount of plastic may be a problem in the future.
View Quote

Just weighed it - Empty with optic and full factory stock (SBR), 8" BBL with muzzle compensator.

Stribog SP9A3: 5lb 5oz

Yet even though that light weight, this is how mild the roller-delay recoil impulse is...

look at the 4 second mark, and see how that light gun isn't even moving.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

Just weighed it - Empty with optic and full factory stock (SBR), 8" BBL with muzzle compensator.

Yet even though that light weight, this is how mild the roller-delay recoil impulse is...

View Quote

Pretty impressive. If I had it to do over, I'd get the Stribog. I was swayed by that PSA discount price on the Scorpion.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:40:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coffin-Nail] [#8]

Pretty impressive. If I had it to do over, I'd get the Stribog. I was swayed by that PSA discount price on the Scorpion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

You can run the Scorpion faster than that, sure there's a little more recoil.

https://i.imgur.com/DEv7R9m.mp4

VS. the AR-V which has a good bit less recoil with a hydraulic buffer and short stroke kit. I honestly forgot to turn on my Go-Pro for my best stage of the day, funny how it always works out that way.

https://i.imgur.com/uWwuLAT.mp4
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#9]
What brace is that?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#10]
What brace is that?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#11]
What is that?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#12]
About to get one but now I can't decide between a pistol caliber or rifle caliber
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a Scorpion. Most reliable, probably not. Fun to mod, heck yeah.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:03:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#14]
Originally Posted By 84bthomas:
Kp9
View Quote

Problem with the KP/KR9 is that KUSA is in a questionable state now. Support, repairs, and/or mags might be MIA going forward.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:
MK18 or similiar, is better at everything but ammo cost.

If OAL is your concern, then do an even shorter .300BLK version.
View Quote

This is really where I landed.  I spent a bunch of money putting together an Aero EPC9 with Taccom barrel and bolt.  It was supposed to best about the best barrel and bolt you could get for a 9mm AR.  I still had an unreliable firearm.  The whole idea behind putting this together was so that I had an AR platform firearm that I could slip into a pack.  I didn't want 5.56 because it's not real efficient in a 7.5" or shorter barrel.  I ended up selling it and putting together a 300blackout instead.  It's a much better cartridge for what I was trying to do.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By eurotrash:
While it's fun to discuss PCCs amongst each other, OP is going to forget he posted this thread and re-post it again in 2 months.

https://www.hkpro.com/media/img_7897-jpeg.274565/full
View Quote

I want one of those rails, but I'm not going to pay near the same price as I did for my AP5. It's insane what those cost.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Under 500. Extar EP9

Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top