BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ricko1:
It's becoming this way with this way with law enforcement in general. Whether it's reality or just perception when the general public loses trust in them it isn't good.
View Quote

We aren't there yet in the rural states. LEOs are part of the community there is no anonymity in BFE. They (local police) are certainly trusted here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
It's becoming this way with this way with law enforcement in general. Whether it's reality or just perception when the general public loses trust in them it isn't good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Guntoter:
There was a time, not very long ago, if the FBI said something, did something or was involved in something almost everyone believed, trusted and supported them except for obvious outliers.

Today, after watching their lies, corruption, support of marxists/democrats, anti-American bias and especially their attempted coup of Trump, nothing about the FBI can be believed or trusted.

I used to occasionally work with FBI agents and trusted them.  Today my advice would be to not talk to them at all, ever, under any circumstances even if taken into custody. After watching them go to great lengths to try to get Trump to lie to them about something, anything so they could charge him convinced me to never talk to them, ever.

Technology currently allows sharing of the other side of the story about incidents(often with video footage) that can sometimes overcome the PR budget in the public opinion arena(and occasionally gets an innocent party off the hook).

That is quite different versus decades ago when the official story was mostly the only story that got fed to the public.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

We aren't there yet in the rural states. LEOs are part of the community there is no anonymity in BFE. They (local police) are certainly trusted here.
View All Quotes

WV is rural.

https://youtube.com/@thecivilrightslawyer?si=NsO3xQ8HzHTtQVyH
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:08:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#4]
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

Since they started to carry russians water in 2008 invasion of Georgia
View Quote

Lol. Georgia was played by John McCain, Graham and Sakaashvili (who the Georgians promptly sent packing back to Ukraine after the Russians took South Ossetia)

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:08:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#5]
"Why do you think about rome."

Since Claudius was the first emperor proclaimed on the initiative of the Praetorian Guard instead of the Senate, his repute suffered at the hands of commentators (such as Seneca). Moreover, he was the first emperor who resorted to bribery as a means to secure army loyalty and rewarded the soldiers of the Praetorian Guard that had elevated him with 15,000 sesterces.

Political role

The Praetorian Guard influenced and intervened in the imperial succession to name the new Caesar, which was a political decision that the unarmed Senate accepted, ratified, and proclaimed to the people of Rome. After the death of Sejanus, who was sacrificed for the donativum (imperial gift) promised by Tiberius, the Praetorians became exceptionally ambitious in their influence upon the politics of the Roman Empire. Either by volition or for a price, the Praetorian Guard would assassinate an emperor, bully the Praetorian prefects, or attack the Roman populace. In AD 41, conspirators from the senatorial class and from the Guard killed Emperor Caligula, his wife, and their daughter. Afterwards, the Praetorians installed Caligula's uncle Claudius upon the imperial throne of Rome, and challenged the Senate to oppose the Praetorian decision.

In AD 69, the Year of the Four Emperors, after assassinating the Emperor Galba, because he did not offer them a donatium, the Praetorians gave their allegiance to Otho, whom they named as the new Caesar of Rome. To ensure the loyalty of the Praetorian Guard, Emperor Otho granted the Praetorians the right to appoint their own prefects. After defeating Otho, Vitellius disbanded the Praetorians and established a new Guard composed of sixteen cohorts. In his war against Vitellius, Vespasian relied upon the disgruntled cohorts dismissed by Emperor Vitellius, and, as Emperor Vespasian, he reduced the Praetorian Guard to nine cohorts and ensured their political loyalty by appointing his son, Titus, as prefect of the Praetorians.[7]

They have to protect themselves from the wider public learning what happened in 2015 and later.

ETA: if the democrats are not in power they know they could very well be in danger.

They are politicised now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Urbdok:

WV is rural.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Urbdok:

WV is rural.

Same population density as CO and we do not consider that 'rural.'
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Paul:
Both of which are likely true and valid.

I was working with a different agency who I allowed to install a sensor in our traffic for about a month as part of the Hack The Pentagon program. About a month afterwords I called the agent and he shared with me 20 questions about things he saw in my traffic that my IPS, Firewall, and Mark I, mod. I eyeballs in WireShark couldn't see. They have special custom written software and access to signatures and TTP we don't see and the first four or five questions were mind blowing and concerning.

The right nerd's eyes are worth a fortune.
View Quote

You had packet data that didn't show you what this federal agency told you they saw, based on the same packet data?

Am I misunderstanding something here?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top