Originally Posted By kels:
Unless he left recently

You can thank the POS that  Trump put in charge

It’s been going down hill since then

He also has stock in one of the competitors
No conflict of interest there

AND YES IM A TRUMP SUPPORTER
View Quote

Yea, that is the mismanagement caused by one Louis Dejoy. What a mess.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#2]
It has sucked in my AO for YEARS. Packages that never arrive, postal worker that's delivering a package that has to be signed for rings the doorbell but immediately leaves without waiting one second and takes the package back with them (have that one on video), packages that bounce back and forth all over the place before they finally arrive, shitty attitudes of the workers, etc. Unfortunately just about everything I get via USPS has to go through the ghetto hell of Memfrica, and there's a 50/50 chance or better of never receiving whatever goes through there. I avoid the USPS whenever possible.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:11:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sanlanman] [#3]
And yes, our mail service here has been really bad the last couple of years, but has taken a noticeable turn for the worse during last Christmas season and has stayed that way. Most of the issues noted above have been experienced here.

I made the mistake of ordering some pistol springs and small parts from MGW, and in a moment of idiocy selected USPS for shipping so the shipping wouldn't exceed the parts cost total. Well, now the package shows as stuck in St Louis for the past several days. Lucky me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, yes they are. It’s infuriating and there’s nothing really we can do about it. I’m using it as an exercise in learning patience.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#5]
USPS has gone completely off the rails, I've never seen anything like it. One package took nearly a month to make it half way across the country and another just yesterday after taking 2 weeks to get to my state inexplicably ended up on the opposite end of the country by the next day. Whole thing is shit...
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:29:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sanlanman:

Yea, that is the mismanagement caused by one Louis Dejoy. What a mess.
View Quote
The management was messed up before he was put in charge.

He has been upgrading worn out equipment and vehicles.
Semis are loaded to the top now.
Before they were only loaded one level.
Has gone against the unions.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#7]
No actually. I have really reliable USPS service here. I guess I realize it's bad somewhere. I see these threads and count my lucky stars I guess.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been having issues of late as well.  I see stuff in my informed delivery and then is never appears or is days late.  My mailman is great, the rest of the system is a crap shoot.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:26:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ruark] [#9]
A lot of it seems to depend on the individual carrier.  In our subdivision, we have those "community" mailboxe clusters.  Below the mailboxes are the parcel lockers, for packages.  The carrier is this hillbilly-looking dude with a big floppy hat, hasn't shaved in 4 days, filthy sneakers, etc.  He's always putting mail in the wrong boxes, or forgets to leave a key to the parcel locker, or leaves it in somebody else's box, or leaves you the key to somebody else's parcel, etc.  Sometimes you get mail to the right street number, but the wrong street - like he just looks at the number, but not the street name....  A couple of weeks ago they showed our package as "delivered," but it was still sitting down at the post office.  WTF?  Everybody complains, but to no avail.  

It's sad to see what the USPS has become.  I remember when I was a kid, it was fascinating how a little envelope would travel to your aunt clear across the country in a few days, without fail, for a few cents.  Now it's a circus, but not funny, because some mail is IMPORTANT, for crissakes!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I was just notified that two of my packages were forwarded to a military base.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#11]
It has been running 10 - 15 business days for mail delivery to Springtown, Tx from south Houston. The payments show up postmarked 1 - 2 days after the customer says they were mailed and the company them refuses to believe the delivery time.  I now send a copy of the Informed Delivery notice along with the overdue fee notices.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:49:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oneofus] [#12]
Originally Posted By PatriotAr15:
Been noticing that *VERY* important *TIME SENSITIVE* mail has been getting delivered *EXTREMELY* delayed for me.
Recently, I had a medical bill go to *COLLECTIONS* because I only received *ONE* letter from the billing company.

We dismissed that letter because we figured we already paid for it, because it was a medical bill incurred during a pregnancy and we mistook it for another service we thought we had paid already.

Then recently, we got a letter, indicating that they had tried contacting us *SEVERAL TIMES*. But we had only receive that *ONE LETTER*. US Postal Shitbags apparently lost the other letters. Had we received all those other letters, we would have eventually called them. But we made the mistake of dismissing it as "already paid" and thinking the letter was before payment was made. Had we received the other letters, we would have followed up with them and made sure to pay it.

Then we had another time sensitive letter, with a notice date of MARCH 7TH! We just got that *TODAY*. WTF!? 3 WEEKS TO GET A LETTER FROM WITHIN THE UNITED STATES?!?!?!

WTF Kind of third world bullshit is this!?

I remember all the leftist scum bitching about how "DRUMPF" was supposedly wrecking the US Postal service. But funny how they're all silent now that Pedo-in-Chief is in charge!
WTF is this bullshit?!? Been getting a shit ton of mail that seems delayed by nearly a fucking month!
I feel like they had better service back in the Pony Express days!

FUCK YOU JOE BIDEN!

View Quote

So im a pretty active trader Much more volume on TS than EE. I do a couple 100 packages per year. Ive never really had issues. In the past month I have had issues with 2 packages. One was over 7K iand was sent overnight express USPS. it took 28 days to get here. During those 28 days no updates no help on the phone. nothing. just absolute " we dont know". It was rather stressful. The second package was on its way to me USPS and it hit Columbus Ohio and just stopped. No posted delays or weather events. it just didnt move for 12 days. no updates again no nothing.  Long story short they have a wide variety of issues mainly caused by new software and low quality labor force. The good news is my packages showed up. I hope yours will as well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:23:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m1awolf] [#13]
Yep,it took two weeks and two trips to Denver before arriving in Great Falls Montana

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#14]
the PO's in my area have to be in the top .0001% of shittiest offices in America.  The employees are all miserable assholes and packages go missing 50% of the time on my orders.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#15]
DEI employees + their shit union enabling mediocrity

USPS fucking blows, i've had dozens of bad experiences with those clowns

Amazon drivers are all DEI and are fucking terrible at driving. On a weekly basis i see them stopping in the middle of travel lanes to go deliver a package, getting stuck in medians/lawns, hitting curbs/walls, etc

UPS is the only carrier i've had positive experiences with
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Like everyone else, it's hard to find good help?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a scope in the mail, shipped from east coast.  Made it all the way to Portland OR, now it's back in Denver and heading east.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, I ordered some canned food online, and the goods were shipped in two packages.  One was delivered, and the other was marked “return to sender/address invalid.”  The shipping labels and packaging were identical.  I was able to intercept the package at the post office before it was shipped back, and the post office worker couldn’t tell me why one was delivered and the other wasn’t.  All I got was a shrug for them for wasting two hours of my time with their screwup.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
Like everyone else, it's hard to find good help?
View Quote

It's not hard to find good help, you only need to do 2 things:

1.) don't pollute the workplace with your DEI faggotry
2.) pay people enough so they're not working full time and still borderline poverty
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Let's not forget they took part in election fraud.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Has caused me many problems lately,  I'm too lazy to list them all here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#22]
"Lately?"

USPS in my area has sucked for a long time.

The latest was staying home all day waiting for a delivery from Italy. Opening the door to let the dogs out late in the afternoon, I discovered a "We tried to deliver but you weren't home..." note on my front door.

Bullshit. You didn't fucking try at all.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#23]
i switched from ups to usps 2 weeks ago.
packages delayed all over the place. 2 customers demanding refunds or replacement items shipped as it sat in atlanta for 12 fucking days and counting
leave it to govt to fuck shit up
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#24]
same level of suck as usual, i reckon.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#25]
nope.....or no more than usual.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Nope, they always seem to be able to find my mailbox and insert all the bills I get.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes, noticed USPS get bad to the point of bizarre since the start of the year.  Packages seem to ping pong between distribution centers and things that would take days to ship are 3-4 weeks.  Not a lot of places to shop where I live, limited selection and very expensive so ordering online is mandatory.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Here is my order that is supposed to arrive today in Arizona. 3 Fucking days to leave the state of N. Carolina. USPS needs to be abolished.

Expected Delivery by
SATURDAY
March
by
9:00pm
Your item departed our USPS facility in GREENSBORO NC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on March 29, 2024 at 6:00 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

View Quote

Departed USPS Regional Facility

GREENSBORO NC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 29, 2024, 6:00 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

March 29, 2024, 3:02 am

In Transit to Next Facility

March 29, 2024, 2:22 am

RALEIGH NC DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 29, 2024, 1:40 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

March 28, 2024, 12:13 pm

March 27, 2024

CHARLOTTE NC DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 26, 2024, 10:19 pm

Departed Post Office

CHARLOTTE, NC 28217

March 26, 2024, 5:21 pm

USPS picked up item

CHARLOTTE, NC 28217

March 26, 2024, 2:01 pm

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I can't complain. I just got a package that was sent all the way from merry olde England.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:49:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VACaver] [#30]
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
Here is my order that is supposed to arrive today in Arizona. 3 Fucking days to leave the state of N. Carolina. USPS needs to be abolished.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:

Expected Delivery by
SATURDAY
March
by
9:00pm
Your item departed our USPS facility in GREENSBORO NC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on March 29, 2024 at 6:00 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

March 29, 2024, 6:00 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

March 29, 2024, 3:02 am

March 29, 2024, 2:22 am

March 29, 2024, 1:40 am

March 28, 2024, 12:13 pm

March 27, 2024

CHARLOTTE NC DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 26, 2024, 10:19 pm

Departed Post Office

CHARLOTTE, NC 28217

March 26, 2024, 5:21 pm

USPS picked up item

CHARLOTTE, NC 28217

March 26, 2024, 2:01 pm

Mail here in Roanoke goes to Greensboro to be sorted. If I mail a letter to someone in my same zipcode, it has to pass through my local post office, go to our main post office, go to Greensboro so someone can sort it, come back to our main post office, then to my local office so it can be delivered...all in an effort to save money.

How freakin' stupid is that?
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:18:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flynlr] [#31]
Originally Posted By cccpNyC:

Idk what the fuck is going on by the atl hub but it is fucked 8 ways to sunday with delays.It's very area specific. When I was in Vegas, zero issues but we were very overstaffed. Here in SLC its hit or miss, the station I'm at is staffed, other stations aren't and are delaying mail. You should see some of the people they are hiring now. I was in Oakland and it was beyond fucked with multiple days of mail per route sitting around. Denver was quite the shitshow as well. I have friends (Vegas based) going to a few different cities to help out. Cool for us because we make a bunch more. Beyond fucking stupid because of how much it costs. We have had our contract in limbo for almost a year now. When McD etc hires at 80%+ of the pay, you aren't going to attract anyone.

But manglement self approved a raise for themselves this January. Nice right?
View Quote

I work at the salt lake plant. The shit I see daily.  Service standards are fucked now..
Edited to add.  Hey Dentists!  Why are you the number 1 and not even close to second place most likely business to not have enough postage on your mail?  I delight in snatching up dental office mail that is short payed and returning it.  TO the Law offices in 2nd.  I'm watching you too.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm not one to bitch about shipping and I find the constant threads on the subject to be annoying, but yes, they are sucking more lately.

My local post office is understaffed and just not delivering mail on some routes on some days. This is two Wednesdays in a row where I did not get a package that was "out for delivery", this time I'm rather annoyed because it's rear view mirror glue and I'd like to have my goddamn motherfucking mirror functional again.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes its gotten much worse. The last year has been bad.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Jay561:
Sounds like you dont use informed delivery.

They suck but your mail is easily traceable now.

Though if you discard important mail how is it their fault?
View Quote

Informed delivery shows you the mail that is being delivered that day and packages that are coming soon.

If the letter doesn't make it to you it would likely never show up on your emails.

Not sure how using informed delivery would help with what the OP described.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By PatriotAr15:
Been noticing that *VERY* important *TIME SENSITIVE* mail has been getting delivered *EXTREMELY* delayed for me.
Recently, I had a medical bill go to *COLLECTIONS* because I only received *ONE* letter from the billing company.

We dismissed that letter because we figured we already paid for it, because it was a medical bill incurred during a pregnancy and we mistook it for another service we thought we had paid already.

Then recently, we got a letter, indicating that they had tried contacting us *SEVERAL TIMES*. But we had only receive that *ONE LETTER*. US Postal Shitbags apparently lost the other letters. Had we received all those other letters, we would have eventually called them. But we made the mistake of dismissing it as "already paid" and thinking the letter was before payment was made. Had we received the other letters, we would have followed up with them and made sure to pay it.

Then we had another time sensitive letter, with a notice date of MARCH 7TH! We just got that *TODAY*. WTF!? 3 WEEKS TO GET A LETTER FROM WITHIN THE UNITED STATES?!?!?!

WTF Kind of third world bullshit is this!?

I remember all the leftist scum bitching about how "DRUMPF" was supposedly wrecking the US Postal service. But funny how they're all silent now that Pedo-in-Chief is in charge!
WTF is this bullshit?!? Been getting a shit ton of mail that seems delayed by nearly a fucking month!
I feel like they had better service back in the Pony Express days!

FUCK YOU JOE BIDEN!

View Quote

USPS is a DEI employment program.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#36]
The Richmond VA distribution center is so canked the bipartisan VA congressional delegation came together to slam the USPS IG for the mess it has become. But hey…I received a Christmas Card from Myrtle Beach SC postmarked 21 Dec 2024 today!!!!   I guess the old motto of no snow or rain didn’t apply…
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Deadsquiggles:
Yeah it’s been like that recently for me too. Had a package ship to me on 3/8 from WA. It made it to the post office one zip code over from me 3/11. Then it went to a post office 2 hours away. Then it went to an “In Transit” status for 10 days. USPS wouldn’t let me file a claim online, the page said I had to wait until after 3/15 to file a claim even though I was trying to file a claim on 3/23. It showed up at my house on 3/25.
View Quote

This has been my exact experience a few times
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top