Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Brutha,. It's nice that you reached out.  

You are in my thoughts and I am pulling for your family unit to plow right through this life event with notsomuch as a poorly made hospital sammich experience.

I'm realizing at age 52 that friends and friendly words are rarer than hens teeth and blessings are truly countable when you have company in this world.

So you're getting a Lay on your ass vacation, with free food prep, delivery, and you won't even have to think about pissing when you're moaning!!

GD has good people.  You are Leon 82.

Let's get that one smart part cut out of you so you can begin true shit posting.

Remember! (Or write this on back side of your hand) .....  Uhhhh,.  I just had it,.  What was I gonna say,  ummmm,. Yeah,.    I'll get back to you on this.

In the meantime,.  You are the first member to have unlocked my golden achievement @ "at you" @ award.

When I go for a humorous post in a thread you will be "atted"  so you can share in the lols I bring to the party here in world GD.

It is a great award.

Be well friend,.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I pray that God will make this experience into something good for you and your family!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Benign and they didn’t immediately do a shunt is very good news OP. You are going to have many good years ahead with that beautiful family of yours!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:
Benign and they didn't immediately do a shunt is very good news OP. You are going to have many good years ahead with that beautiful family of yours!
View Quote
Yep, if it had been critical they would have gutted me right then and there
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Prayers up for my fellow soldier in Christ..

Remember, you are a mighty man of God, and therefore a target of the Evil One...  so put on your helmet of salvation, raise your shield of faith, and draw your sword and get to slicin' and dicin' on this work of Satan!  You have the prayers of many of the Saints behind you.

Defeat is NOT an option..
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Praying for successful surgery and speedy recovery sir.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:53:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Prayer works... Christian or not. I firmly believe this even as a Non-Christian. JHVH listens even to sinners like me.

Prayers up!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:
Benign and they didn’t immediately do a shunt is very good news OP. You are going to have many good years ahead with that beautiful family of yours!
View Quote

this!  stay awesome, OP.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Brawnydog:
This was a, um, less photogenic pic of us from this past weekend, my wife's birthday.
https://i.ibb.co/C7tNNPS/IMG-6385.jpg

View Quote

Family chaos is so great.

It sounds as though the neuro was encouraging about the outcomes and since they didn't do the surgery immediately that has to be somewhat reassuring to you and your wife.

I will keep you and the family in my prayers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Yikes! Make sure you wear clean underpants.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By scrambler28:
Yikes! Make sure you wear clean underpants.
View Quote
Yep, they got you right in front of God and everyone
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Keep us in the loop and Happy Easter OP.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like a good outcome. Scary, but at least it’s likely not cancer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Present update is I am at home in the recliner trying to get my girls to take a nap with me. They're not having it.
I feel wiped out, but thankfully the only time I get crushing headaches is getting up and down.
Here is more info from the consult, mainly to let y'all know what to look for in yourselves and others. The neuro said because of the location of the mass, the pressure on my brain could cause vision problems, spatial recognition of appendages, and trouble swallowing. I have dealt with issues in all those, but just thought I was "getting old." I'm hoping surgery will alleviate and mitigate those problems, but there's always a chance they could get worse. The one I did not like hearing about was difficulty swallowing that could lead to requiring a feeding tube. Here's hoping that that does not happen.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:03:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Bounce19712:
Hey Brutha,. It's nice that you reached out.  

You are in my thoughts and I am pulling for your family unit to plow right through this life event with notsomuch as a poorly made hospital sammich experience.

I'm realizing at age 52 that friends and friendly words are rarer than hens teeth and blessings are truly countable when you have company in this world.

So you're getting a Lay on your ass vacation, with free food prep, delivery, and you won't even have to think about pissing when you're moaning!!

GD has good people.  You are Leon 82.

Let's get that one smart part cut out of you so you can begin true shit posting.

Remember! (Or write this on back side of your hand) .....  Uhhhh,.  I just had it,.  What was I gonna say,  ummmm,. Yeah,.    I'll get back to you on this.

In the meantime,.  You are the first member to have unlocked my golden achievement @ "at you" @ award.

When I go for a humorous post in a thread you will be "atted"  so you can share in the lols I bring to the party here in world GD.

It is a great award.

Be well friend,.

View Quote
Ha, can't wait to be the recipient of your razor sharp wit!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:13:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wangstang] [#17]
For what it's worth, since you are in SC, if you don't mind driving to Duke in Durham, NC or UNC in Chapel Hill, NC, you could get a second opinion or two. Given the location of the tumor, I'd personally suggest Duke as they have been leading in brain tumor treatment for several decades now. Just make sure your insurance company is on board with you seeking services at either one.

If you do find you way to NC and need some support/logistics assistance, feel free to send me a message here and I'll see what I can help coordinate for you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
For what it's worth, since you are in SC, if you don't mind driving to Duke in Durham, NC or UNC in Chapel Hill, NC, you could get a second opinion or two. Given the location of the tumor, I'd personally suggest Duke as they have been leading in brain tumor treatment for several decades now. Just make sure your insurance company is on board with you seeking services at either one.

If you do find you way to NC and need some support/logistics assistance, feel free to send me a message here and I'll see what I can help coordinate for you.
View Quote
I appreciate your input. This gentleman has 21 years in brain and spinal surgery, graduated from Johns Hopkins, and has good reviews. I understand that does not assure desired outcomes, and that wisdom is found in a multitude of counsellors. Even so, I have charted the course and will not turn unless something compels me. I am at peace.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Sunday family pic.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Prayers sent brother, we are there with you in spirit.  Let us know if you need anything and we will do our best to accommodate
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Prayers sent for your comfort and recovery.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Happy Easter. He has Risen! Prayers for your wonderful family and from the past few threads I have read, it seems that they are taking good care of you! Speedy recovery. Happy family. Prayers!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:57:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brawnydog] [#23]
Yeah, it has been a good weekend. The steroid has really helped with the pain, I haven't felt this normal in a long time. Was able to enjoy the wife's birthday celebration yesterday. Her request from friends was just to show up and be willing to get dirty in the yard for about an hour and a half. We were able to get a lot done, cleaning up old leaves and limbs, trimming hedges, all kinds of stuff that would have taken me days took less than 2 hours, it was a blast. Today was Easter celebration with family. It started out iffy as our 5 year old woke up early and found the basket of eggs we were going to hide. Then wife was late for choir because she missed the new time. Everything worked out.
Still waiting on surgery date. I'm hoping to have it scheduled for Wednesday or at least know by Wednesday. I feel good enough I told my boss I'd work up until surgery if I could. I don't need to burn any more PTO than is absolutely necessary.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Prayers op.  I look forward to hearing a positive update in the future days
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#25]
OP

Your measured, level headed updates are an inspiration.

You have a beautiful family, I’m wishing you the very best in your surgery and outcome.

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#26]
They caught it before something really broke.  That's good. Post the AAR and tell us about the hot nurses when you're back!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SpanishInquisition:
They caught it before something really broke.  That's good. Post the AAR and tell us about the hot nurses when you're back!
View Quote

Tell us? Damn, I want pics!

You. got this OP
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#29]
I want to make a quick and dirty list of things to consider might need some attention. I'm not saying you have a tumor, I'm just saying you might want to get curious.
1. Hiccups:
Sounds harmless, but relentless hiccuping is annoying and might indicate something nefarious.
2. Loss of sense of taste and smell:
I haven't suffered greatly with this, but my sense of smell is not nearly as keen as it once was.
3. Lethargy:
I blamed it on having two young girls at a relatively advanced age. I'm 51 with 2 and 5 year old girls.
4. Dizziness and nausea:
Enough said
5. Headaches:
Goes without saying
6. Vision issues:
I developed double vision out of the blue several years ago. I never thought much of it as I've always had crappy vision. I can remember the day, but not the date. I was looking out the left of my work truck and couldn't get anything to focus. I have been to the optometrist several times since that day and nobody said a word until a new guy last year.
7. Difficulty swallowing:
This has happened off and on, but recently I've really begun to notice it. I've had endoscopy that helped with swallowing, but it's not that kind of issue. Like I literally could not get my tongue and throat to do the  job. Almost like paralyzed.
I'm not going into a ton of detail, I'm not your momma, just want to share some things that might get you talking to the Dr. A CT can remove a lot of doubt, and might give you a chance to get ahead of serious problems.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I went to work today, I have felt better the last few days than I have in quite a long time. They have me on some Dexamethasone that is like a wonder drug. Makes me feel almost normal, more normal than in months. Just an encouragement, if you don't feel right, stay on your doctor's ass.
Just found out surgery is scheduled for Thursday April 4 at 1250, arrival to hospital at 1050. That's good because my wife is not an early morning person.
Thank y'all for your well wishes, prayers, and good vibes. I feel so supported by y'all, my church family, my home family, and friends I haven't seen in years.
I love y'all, no homo.
If I don't make it, just know there are coordinates to where all my guns are in the lake that I will leave in my glovebox. I won't even leave it locked. If you get to them fast enough, they might can be salvaged. You just have to find the right car. The question is: what would a hospice chaplain drive?
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Sounds like you got the right attitude for this, again good luck and do more posts after
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Praying for you brother!
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 5:38:11 PM EDT
[#33]
You got this, and best of luck on a speedy recovery!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:32:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Godspeed your healing, Brawnydog.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:34:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brawnydog] [#35]
Fixing to head to the hospital, surgery at 1250 Est.
I'll holler with an update when I can.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:47:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Prayers sent...
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Prayers!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Prayers for a quick healing and speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#39]
You got this OP. Praying for you today.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Prayers inbound
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#41]
prayers again!  you got this
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Just seeing this thread.  Prayers for you and your family.  My oldest son has had a shunt for his entire life if it comes to that, he will be 40 next month.  I'll keep you in my prayers.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Hope all goes well today OP. Praying for you and your beautiful family.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Prayers up and in for a positive update.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Good luck OP.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Prayers for you, your family and most importantly your surgical team. May God Bless you all today.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Prayers sent Brother.

God please watch over Brawnydog and his family during their time of need.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Prayers up brother.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Prayers
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top