User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By runcible:
No. If they didn't leave a message, how important could it have been? When people call and don't leave a message,
it's because they know it's something you're not gonna want to talk about.
View Quote
I've found this to be the case.  Kids and wife get a return call. All others that know me, know they won't.  Those that dont know me, they'll need to try again.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]
One of my hunting buddies does not text. Great guy. Very intelligent but he can’t write in English.

If he calls it’s probably important so I call him back.

When it’s past 10pm and it’s my son I don’t answer. He’s probably been drinking. I call back the next day.

Unknown callers and no VM. Nope!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#4]
No, unless someone is dying, send me a text.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't accept any incoming calls, I don't make very many outgoing calls.  I have my voice mail turned off.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By pool_shark:
Nope, not even for work.
View Quote

Where I worked was so big it had its own pre-fix number; so when they called it ID'd with that pre-fix number and you knew it was work calling.
They updated their phone system with the latest and greatest whatever; and if they called from the new pre-fix number; it ID'd with the new pre-fix.  
Someone complained that I didn't answer the phone and that I knew it was them at work.
I told them the old pre-fix number never showed up on my phone. They countered that I knew the new pre-fix number.
They didn't appreciate it when I told them that "your IT guys should have set the new system up where it ID'd as xxxxxx instead of just a number; you know "like a legitimate business" does. They were pissed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe if the number is in my list.  If it's "potential spam" then fuck no.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Most incoming calls from unknown callers are spam.

The FCC estimates that 80% of incoming cell calls are spam....I think that number is conservative by at least 10%.

Most spam calls are using spoofed numbers which makes calling them back pointless.

I've had some asshat call me once to chew me out for not leaving him a voicemail.  Thing is I never
placed an outgoing call during the day.  This dickhead was too triggered to understand that
someone spoofed my cell phone number to use as a "local number" thinking people would be
more likely to answer an unknown caller.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#9]
If I don't have your number saved, and you don't leave a voicemail, I'll assume it was a robo call or that it wasn't important and not call back.

If I do have your number saved, and you leave me a voicemail instead of sending a text, I will be annoyed but will call back.

If I have your number, and you don't leave a voicemail, but you do text me and ask me to call back I will.

If I have your number, and you don't send a text, but you're a close friend or relative I will call back regardless. If you're not a close friend or relative and you don't leave a voicemail or send a text then I'm not calling back.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:30:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARMinnesota] [#11]
If someone does not have the courtesy to record a personal greeting  on their voice mail, thereby confirming who I called,  I generally wont leave a msg.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#12]
It depends.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#13]
It entirely depends who it is.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By sh768:
I don't call anyone back
View Quote

I want to nominate this for best post by a ‘23er ever.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:16:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VaniB] [#15]
Originally Posted By kcolg30:
When someone calls me, if I am busy I will not answer. The person who called didn't have the courtesy to leave a message. I assume if you did not leave a message it is not important, therefore I will not normally call them back. (Unless of course it is someone important to me: wife, kids, grandkids)

If someone calls you and you miss their call, do you bother calling them back? Or do you wait until the next go round when they call back or leave a proper voice message?

Some people think a missed call ping is grounds for a call back. Not for me, you call me and don't leave a voicemail I automatically assume you butt-dialed me or whatever was on your mind was jibber talk.

View Quote

I'm with you OP. I exoect it with unknown callers, but when family does it its very flakey and it irritates the piss out of me.  My blood son seldom calls back and runs a bit aloof with me anyway. And my nephew who claims to love me refuses to abide by my wishes to  "Please just at least say hello & goodbye quick before you hang up."

There are worse things in my life to focus about.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#16]
If I'd don't know the number/not in my contact list, I don't answer.

I call close relatives and select friends back with no text or voice mail. Everyone else, no call back.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:33:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Another day, another “bitching about something” kcolg post, the world’s unhappiest troll.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:37:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#18]
Only if it was Flabby Scabbard with an offer to get a close gander at the leather cheerio.  Colklnk knows.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I actually find it pretty creepy and weird when someone calls me because “I saw your number on my phone so I’m calling you back.”

WTF??? I either called you by mistake or was trying to reach you for something right at that point In time. Unless I’ve called back again and left a message, obviously I no longer need to contact you. If I wanted you to call me back I would have left a message.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#20]
If you know me, send me a text.  If my phone rings and I don't recognize the number I'm not answering, And I also never check my VMs
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Nope! Fuck 'em!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By sh768:
I don't call anyone back
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#23]
nope.
leave a message or text me or email me.
I have been getting some texts from wrong numbers that I have a bit of fun responding to though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#24]
No message = Not important enough for a call back.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Nope
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't call unknown callers back.  If it's someone important or someone I know, they almost always leave a VM or shoot me a text.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Try calling me...

"If you don't leave a message, I won't return your call and will probably block your number.  You've reached XXX-XXX-XXXX."

Even my (boomer) mom makes sure to leave a message...but she usually texts now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Unless I am expecting a call, I never answer a number I don't know.  I also never call anyone back who didn't leave a message

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Yea I’ve got salesman and women that leave a message call me, no topic, no ask, no indication of which account.

No if they don’t leave a message or text, I won’t call them.  If it’s important enough they’ll call back.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:24:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Nope.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TZLVredmist:
I just read the text they left right after I didn't answer the phone, and I hope they were courteous enough to NOT leave a voicemail.
View Quote
This is the way
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:34:52 PM EDT
[#32]
If it’s a family member, yes. Unless I know that it was a single ring, in which case I will assume it was a butt dial. Anyone else? Nope.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:50:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:07:13 AM EDT
[#34]
If it's important, they will leave a message.   If not, then no callback (unless it's someone I've really been wanting to connect with)
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:08:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:19:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LArifleMAN] [#36]
Why are they calling instead of texting?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#37]
If you're one of my contacts, please don't leave me a voice mail because it's just a pain in the ass. If I know you and see I missed your call, I'll call back as soon as I get a chance, anyway. That's the way it's done with most of my contacts - we don't leave voice mails, we call back when we see the missed call.

If I don't call back, try again because I might have been in a spot with no service and didn't have a missed call. Text for me to call you when convenient is always best. But don't text me to have a long-winded back-and-forth discussion. I ain't doing that by text. Fuck you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:41:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Nope. 9-10 times it's a Spam call anyway.  

There are only a handful of people that know my number anyway.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#39]
hell no!  My phone is always in private mode - only rings for someone in my contact list.

99.9% of the calls never leave a message. If it's legit they'll leave a message - if not fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
Friends yes, random numbers fuck no. If it’s important they will leave a message and not leaving a message = its unimportant.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By TZLVredmist:
I just read the text they left right after I didn't answer the phone, and I hope they were courteous enough to NOT leave a voicemail.
View Quote

This is the way
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Nope.  It obviously wasn't that important.  Why waste MY time to see what THEY wanted?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Nope, I've googled numbers sometimes to see who they are. Sometimes I find info, sometimes not. I've started getting more text spam than calls. I very seldom get spam calls anymore. But they'll damn sure text you with links. I just delete them also and block them. No message, no call back and I absolutely do not click on links.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#44]
I’m supposed to leave a voicemail?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#45]
For a lot of years I worked emergency management, on call 24/7.  If my phone rang I answered it.  Now if it rings I don't instantly answer it.  I figure if it is important, they will leave a message.  Kind of nice not having to worry about the phone ringing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Nope.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top