Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:56:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lorax] [#1]
Outdoor active clothing and shoes. I'm super particular on both.

I hate myself for it. But I love what these fabrics bring to the table in fit, styling, colors and performance.
Tech fabrics are so good and the cuts so right, I can't even wear jeans anymore.
The only time I wear jeans is when I have to "blend in".
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Stihl
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I doubt these first two meet the definition of consumer goods, but
Lie-Nielsen hand planes
Bad Axe hand saws - but only Mark Harrell era, not post Mark with the woke owners all worried about things perceived on the company logo

King Arthur Flour.   Even if many employees that own the company are purple haired leftist womyn.  

Hunts all natural no HFCS ketchup

Souix City Sarsaparilla made with cane sugar no HFCS

I’m sure there’s some other small things that I buy routinely that I am picky about
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AugustineBolishbatfe:

My brother in Christ, you need to evolve to Dude Wipes @secamp32

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AugustineBolishbatfe:
Originally Posted By secamp32:
Charmin Ultra soft.  Nothing else touches my butt.

My brother in Christ, you need to evolve to Dude Wipes @secamp32

Scott 1000 sheet rolls are master race. They actually have traction to get the yuck out of there, cheap, safe on septic.
Those fluffy slippery brands might as well use a fist full of polyester stuffing to wipe, they come apart and leave the mess where it started.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By hatidua:
fishing gear
View Quote

That too
Scott or RL Winston fly rods for me .   Although I haven’t bought a new one in years.  
I will be trying to get back into making some split cane/bamboo fly rods

They need a new pair of Simms waders.   My old ones shrunk.  

And I really like the lightweight orvis wading boots    They are the most comfortable wading boots I had so far.  

I really want to get myself a Richardson chest fly box.  It’s definitely old school / archaic.   But I don’t care.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:12:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IDidThat] [#6]
Darn Tough socks and Pair of Thieves underwear and tshirts.

Forgot JK boots.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Gotta add: hiking shoes/boots (Oboz)
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By macman37:
View Quote

Used to be a Vasque guy, the breeze specifically. Many thousands of miles (they were my everyday wear and my trail boots) with em over the years and they changed for the worse, fucking terrible. Merrell MOABs, utter shit, I had some discount Columbia $35 cheapies that did okay for that 900 mile session. I need new boot soon, like yesterday soon as I will knock out 1200-1500 miles over the next half year or so. I need to nut up and get something custom made that can be resoled and worked on.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Wine.  I’m not a even a connoisseur, but I only drink wine personally imported from S.America.       No sulfates, no headaches.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Backpacks

Have tried many different brands but always end up back at goruck.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:41:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Snap On Tools,yes I use them for work daily.
Stihl chainsaws
Premium ethanol free in all my engines
Valvoline oil
CZ pistols
Charmin Ultra Soft

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:44:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Action45:
This is the only one I’ll buy
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108967/IMG_0950_jpeg-3170876.JPG
View Quote

Heinz watered it down. Lea & Perrins no longer has the bold flavor it once had.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:46:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Two brands I have a devout loyalty to:

Lenovo Thinkpad
American Express
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
I'm particular to Teko socks in my hikers.  I'm due for a new pair of boots.  Most likely will opt for Oboz next.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Torf:
I'm particular to Teko socks in my hikers.  I'm due for a new pair of boots.  Most likely will opt for Oboz next.
View All Quotes

Give them a try. They fit me like they were custom made. I'm up to 3 pairs now and each are varying degrees of awesome.

Never tried (or heard of) Teko socks, how do they compare to Darn Toughs? I just looked them up; they're appreciably less expensive than DTs.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By -daddy:

Used to be a Vasque guy, the breeze specifically. Many thousands of miles (they were my everyday wear and my trail boots) with em over the years and they changed for the worse, fucking terrible. Merrell MOABs, utter shit, I had some discount Columbia $35 cheapies that did okay for that 900 mile session. I need new boot soon, like yesterday soon as I will knock out 1200-1500 miles over the next half year or so. I need to nut up and get something custom made that can be resoled and worked on.
View All Quotes

By the time I had the money to get good hiking shoes Vasques that change had happened. They were (rightfully) the darlings of the hiking magazines throughout the 90s and 00s, and I drooled over them for years... Then that change for the worse happened before I could get them.

I promised myself that when I found a good pair of boots that worked and did what I wanted them to, I'd buy them and be loyal to them. Oboz is that brand right now for me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Also: just want to point out that the uppityness that I have about these products I advocate is because they've earned it. I don't buy brands for the name. I buy them because they've served me well for long periods of time.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#18]
cummins
jeep
danners
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:10:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Torf] [#19]

Give them a try. They fit me like they were custom made. I'm up to 3 pairs now and each are varying degrees of awesome.

Never tried (or heard of) Teko socks, how do they compare to Darn Toughs? I just looked them up; they're appreciably less expensive than DTs.
View All Quotes

I have not tried Darn Tough socks, so I can't compare directly.  I'm finally retiring my 2 pairs of Teko socks after about 10 years of wear in both ski boots and hiking boots.  They have held up that well and work well for both activities.  They are still comfortable, but I don't like holes in the soles.  Frankly amazed they lasted this long.  They are old enough that nothing on the current Teko site appears similar and of course the packaging is long gone.

My guess is that they are a full heavy cushion equivalent.  I plan to order some replacements this spring.

I'll definitely get some Oboz boots too.  My wife loves her pair.  I'm already sold on them, but I felt like I had to squeeze another couple of October Colorado hikes in last year on my old hikers and I regret it.  They are getting retired to work shoes around the yard.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#20]

By the time I had the money to get good hiking shoes Vasques that change had happened. They were (rightfully) the darlings of the hiking magazines throughout the 90s and 00s, and I drooled over them for years... Then that change for the worse happened before I could get them.

I promised myself that when I found a good pair of boots that worked and did what I wanted them to, I'd buy them and be loyal to them. Oboz is that brand right now for me.
View All Quotes

I have wiiiide feet so when I find a boot that fits my flippers I stock em deep. I thought I heard that Oboz has options for my kind.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:25:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#21]

I have wiiiide feet so when I find a boot that fits my flippers I stock em deep. I thought I heard that Oboz has options for my kind.
View All Quotes

Mine are semi-wide but not enough to get a full on "wide" width, and I have plenty of room in the toebox...  but yes, they do have wides.

These are my jam right now:

Bridgers - I have the lows and mid heights.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By HLB0302:
I don’t own a lot of stuff, but the stuff I do own is nice
View Quote

Same...I've owned much of it for years, and have little interest in the "latest and greatest". I tried explaining the philosophy behind it in one of the never-ending "how much $$$ to live comfortably in retirement" threads in GD, and eventually gave up. I never made a fortune in salary, but I did make up my mind early that if I was going to have it in my life, I wanted the best quality I could barely afford, and started slowly accumulating those things as our expense and investment schedule allowed. I have a tall Katani lamp I had to save for in 1989 as a single E-4 in Japan, a full block of Zwilling Pro-S kitchen knives my new bride wasn't happy about in Europe as an E-5, the Browning Citori 525 I bought as an E-6 on my first assignment back to the US...the list goes on and on. Most of it was pretty damned expensive for an enlisted guy, but earning it - one piece at a time - has added value to me that goes well beyond the original cost. Funny, too, because for the most part that same stuff is hellishly more expensive now.

Wife grew up very poor, and took a long time to break her out of the "this will do" mentality. We needed a new dining room table and chairs a year or two ago, and found a walnut Stickley set we both liked. She wrinkled her brow over the tag, and wrote the check.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BobRoberts] [#23]
Heinz Ketchup and Jiff Peanut butter.

Also I spend money on the River2Sea Whopper Ploppers. I dont care Was-Mart or Berkley make a cheaper version. I am getting the OG.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top