Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Would have probably been a similar result if she had been driving a Civic or Corolla the same way, just without the envy sensationalism.

Kids are often stupid (legal adult, I know, but probably just as dumb as she was at 13).
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fsjdw2:

UH 600k is a "modest" house?

View Quote

In my old neighborhood dilapidated ranch style homes built in the 50’s were going for 5-600k just to get knocked down and have a 1.5-2 million dollar house built in its place.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
She's an adult. She could have bought it herself with onlyfans money for all we know. I think it's too much car for someone that young, but what I think doesn't matter. She's still legally entitled to own it.
View Quote

Either daddy’s car or OF money.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

Yeah.

In metro Phoenix a 1600 sq foot ranch style house on a 1/4 acre, built in 1980, in a “fair” neighborhood is $450k.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

Yeah.

In metro Phoenix a 1600 sq foot ranch style house on a 1/4 acre, built in 1980, in a “fair” neighborhood is $450k.

A house I bought in mesa in 1991 for 49k, just sold for 550k. Crasziness.

Anyways: who bought the car, people?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 999monkeys:

None of that is going to bring the victim back, and it wasn't malicious or deliberate.  

What is accomplished by also destroying her life?
View Quote

A modicum of justice.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Jew:

It is unclear who bought Berg the 2024 Chevrolet Corvette supercar. Her family lives in a modest four bed, two bath, $616,000 home in Tempe.
View Quote
Some people do make money off OnlyFans....
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:07:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

it's an impressive car.  Doesnt carry the price tag as the "real" super cars but it performs like a beast.
View Quote

It embarrasses a fair portion of them, despite its lower price tag.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:25:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
She's an adult. She could have bought it herself with onlyfans money for all we know. I think it's too much car for someone that young, but what I think doesn't matter. She's still legally entitled to own it.
View Quote
I'm a good driver in the sense that I've never been in an accident, never been pulled over, and am highly defensive. But even if I had the money for a top of the line Corvette, I'd buy a Miata, then buy a base model C5, and then buy top of the line C8.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:29:43 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
Unfortunately, yes in Phoenix.  A few years ago I spent 300K four bedroom house in a nice small rural town with good schools outside of Kansas City. It sold for 200K 5 years prior. The same house would plausibly be 600k in Phoenix. My parent's house is valued at 500K, and is substantially smaller than mine. I'm fully remote, and my wife always had a childhood dream of moving to Arizona. But it isn't feasible unless I move to a trailer park in Apache Junction.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Did they really call a corvette a supercar?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:38:39 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

I live maybe 40 minutes away from Tempe and my house that is only 4 years old and is an actual modest 4 bedroom house was only 250,000when it was built .  So I guess my house is for poor folks.....
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:
They are now hired strictly for their liberal agenda.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:
Originally Posted By Dynamo:
From the article:
Do copy editors not exist nowadays?
They are now hired strictly for their liberal agenda.

Don't forget skin tone and genitals.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I hate how shit like this gets articles written on it

The kid was incredibly irresponsible and stupid but how is this relevant to anyone out side of the friends and family of the people involved

Hopefully she learnt a valuable lesson and can forgive herself moving forward and the family of the deceased finds all good fortune possible in the future
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:38:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DVCER:

White knight, I hope you can write her in prison.
View Quote
Arizona State Prison Complex Perryville.
The 60 is a straight easy drive - I can see people going nuts on it. Most of the time I prefer the 202.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:50:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zardoz] [#15]
Originally Posted By 103:
OR MAYBE a person who made a mistake. She did after all stop and at least attempt CPR.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 103:
Originally Posted By DVCER:
Entitled little twat.
OR MAYBE a person who made a mistake. She did after all stop and at least attempt CPR.

Coulda been "CPR theater" as is sometimes posted in SD shooting threads...
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:00:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 9mmprn:
Never give your kid a “super car”.
View Quote

Glad someone is reporting the new C8 as a super car, which it is.  Girl should be thrown to the wolves.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#17]
A modest $616,000 home. Lol
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Sad. Lots of details on speed and breaking.  Did they access the computer for that information?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By redfish86:

I was never a huge Enzo fan, it looked a bit forced to me

My two favorite modern Ferraris just so happen to be next to one another at the museum

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/136311/C033FAC7-C5E4-4F1E-9797-7376DD58C1A1_jpe-3171190.JPG
View Quote

+Testarossa...
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:46:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Did we find out yet if it was daddys car or OnlyFans?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Here’s the only pertinent bit.    And it’s pretty important to know:    You don’t have plausible deniability in a modern car.      

She got down to normal speed and barely tapped that motorcycle.    If she had been driving an ‘87 Corvette, her legal situation would be different.   Not defending her.  Just saying, it’s important to remember, the car will Always rat you out.
View Quote
Motorcycle collisions are particularly hopeless reconstruction cases, absent witness testimony or video evidence.

Without a data recorder, one may think he has a chance to avoid an excessive-speed based prosecution, but if the state's certified reconstruction expert's work shows excessive speed, the DA is going to run with that because it's golden.  A plea deal, that's all the defendant would have going for him prior to trial.  At trial, and it is a homicide trial, a murder trial, defense testimony in a contentious case from a qualified expert will be on the order of $50,000, on top of all the other billable hours of the law firm.

In my opinion, a defendant is better off being a sympathetic figure, rather than someone who wasn't actually speeding ... because it will help more at sentencing, and perhaps maybe get jury sympathy so it doesn't come to that.

Accident investigation procedures today are better, more standardized, more rigorous, than they were 30 years ago, yes, so that better helps to get to the truth of the physics.  But, there is still enough debatable uncertainty in the reconstruction process, that I would prefer to have data logging on my vehicle.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#22]

That thing ain't got a sugar daddy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:06:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By gpoman:

Fuck her
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gpoman:

Fuck her

You have to buy her a new car first
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By AmishElectrician:
Did we find out yet if it was daddys car or OnlyFans?
View Quote

Zaddy
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By treelow:  Yes, Williams is dead. The circumstances between his incident and the incident in this article are totally different.    You stated that driver involved in the Williams incident wasn’t charged. He was charged.
View Quote
Not so different .  Man driving car killed man riding motorcycle .  In this case woman driving car killed man riding motorcycle .  In first case man not fined , nor did he serve prison time , he is still out and about .  The second case will probably follow the same course of action .
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By luscioman:
Sad. Lots of details on speed and breaking.  Did they access the computer for that information?
View Quote

Yes, speed at impact was. Wait for it. Hold on.....

87 mph.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top