Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Let's see what you say when its your wife, husband, kid, or parents that are never coming home because some asshole in a cage runs over them or turns left in front of them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Did she say oops after?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like my Z06. It’s a pretty super car

New Balance 608s are also pretty super special.

They go with everything!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14209/20220903_130034-2537256.jpg

The black socks are a nice detail.

Also, this is an average Arfcomer's supercar

Didn't you see the official arfcom Bugatti owner's thread?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:33:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Also, this is an average Arfcomer"s supercar
https://imgs.search.brave.com/Tp7XpHjTKOejT8H77mnoFs0MSjgTZkAAZu6hs9N_Dso/rs:fit:860:0:0/g:ce/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cu/Y2Fyc2Nvb3BzLmNv/bS93cC1jb250ZW50/L3VwbG9hZHMvMjAy/NC8wMy9CdWdhdHRp/LUNoaXJvbi0xMS0x/MDI0eDc2OS5qcGc

View Quote

Even if I had the money, that's one of the ass-ugliest cars ever made...  Nope I'll pass.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm not sure what's the bigger crime, that she killed someone or a pretty average looking home is 600K in AZ
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Western real estate is insane. Try Utah.

ETA:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/03/27/12/82949615-13244347-image-a-4_1711543234339.jpg

Looks pretty modest to me.

I'm not sure what's the bigger crime, that she killed someone or a pretty average looking home is 600K in AZ

Seems lots of pretty average looking homes in the big tx metros are that much now too and you'll pay a lot more in property taxes on them on top of that :-/
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Even if I had the money, that's one of the ass-ugliest cars ever made...  Nope I'll pass.
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:  If you do something that stupid and kill or maim somebody, you Should go to prison.  That’s what makes doing dangerous stuff exhilarating.  The stakes.  It’s why you did it, and why you’re bragging about it even now.   The risk, is what makes you feel alive.
View Quote
Agreed !!!  Unless your name is Ted Kennedy . Then if you kill some one you just payoff the parents and get put in the U.S. Senate for life !
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

None of that is going to bring the victim back, and it wasn’t malicious or deliberate.  

What is accomplished by also destroying her life?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's retarded that the home her parents own is even mentioned. Fuck this adult and her future, hoping she leads a miserable fucking life and this haunts her like aids.

None of that is going to bring the victim back, and it wasn’t malicious or deliberate.  

Consequences.

People need to learn that there are consequences for action.

Something this society in America has lost.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Agreed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed

Looks like it has a little Edsel in it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Agreed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed

It goes with the F140 Enzo and 918 Spyder.  Gotta have a few options depending on the mood of the day.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Godamn I can't believe people buy cars that will tattle on them like this.   I would not own a vehicle or object that could log my speed and other info like that. I don't even allow my phone to do that.
View Quote

I can't believe there isn't a bigger market for disabling shit like this.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

It may give some young (or old) moron in the future pause to think before acting so stupidly if they see her get destroyed.   So if I take my AR out and start shotting at a squirrel and take down people but didn't mean it then I should be excused?  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I bet there are videos on her phone and they start with “Hey guys…” or “wanna see my butthole?”
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hope that is sarcasm. 155 mph is deliberate.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think the author is giving corvettes a bit too much credit here.
View Quote

No shit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think he is pointing out that 600K is not a modest PRICE.

The size of the house is immaterial.  

A 3 million dollar shed in LA might have a modest appearance.  Still means that someone has an un-modest income to pay for it.
View Quote

It was probably 200k if they bought it 2018 or before
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Horrible event, stupid girl that broke a family.

But the news article was horribly written with missing words, and then the sensationalism about the Corvette being a “supercar”  and could cost up to $140,000. What relevance is that to the fucking story ?

Then they say she was doing 155 miles an hour before slamming on the brakes and hit them at 87 mph according to the airbags computer.  

Holy shit…. The brits media is worse than ours!
View Quote

LOL DIly Mail is a cross between USA Today and The National Enquirer.  Good for a few laughs then for wrapping fish
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It may give some young (or old) moron in the future pause to think before acting so stupidly if they see her get destroyed.   So if I take my AR out and start shotting at a squirrel and take down people but didn't mean it then I should be excused?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your point is a good one.

Effectively you’ve reduced her life to “serving as an example for what others should not do”.

That is the only reason for locking her up.

If we are logical, rational people, every action is done with a goal in mind.

In this case, that goal isn’t to prevent her from doing it again - she won’t.

Philosophically, I accept that this goal may be valid and may even be desired, but it’s pretty screwed up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
From the article:
Do copy editors not exist nowadays?
View Quote
They are now hired strictly for their liberal agenda.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A very similar wreck happened here 10-20 years ago.  An 18 year old boy ran his Charger into the back of Honda CRV, and killed an 18 year old girl and severely burned her friend.  He was drag racing a Viper, I think.  He was sentenced to 5 years in prison.  The judge stated "I'm sending this kid to prison and he's not a hardened criminal.  And in all likelihood when he's released he will be."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She tried to perform CPR and braked when she realized her mistake.  While she cerfainly earned some punishment, this is not in the same category as an unrepentent felon running from police or driving without a license.  IMO this isn't a throw the book situation... more like pick a reasonable sentence.

A very similar wreck happened here 10-20 years ago.  An 18 year old boy ran his Charger into the back of Honda CRV, and killed an 18 year old girl and severely burned her friend.  He was drag racing a Viper, I think.  He was sentenced to 5 years in prison.  The judge stated "I'm sending this kid to prison and he's not a hardened criminal.  And in all likelihood when he's released he will be."

Well, that’s a dumb thing for the judge to say.

First, he killed one person and seriously injured another, while racing on a public street. Secondly, the judge didn’t have to send him to prison. That’s on the judge. Third, just because he went to prison doesn’t mean he’s going to be a hardened criminal. I’ve known a few people over my lifetime that fucked up, went to prison, then came out and stayed on the straight path.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think it’s terrible that she killed someone.  That something a normal person would never recover from.  

I just struggle at a philosophical level with punishing one person for something that many won’t be punished for.  Particularly for something that wasn’t deliberate and won’t be repeated.

Pre-meditated murder?  In most cases you should go to jail.  You are likely to murder another person.

Theft?  In most cases you should go to jail, you are likely to steal again.

Kill a person with your car because you were dumb?  Many people would find it so traumatic they might not ever drive again.

So the only reason to lock them up is as an example to others.  It seems a bit odd philosophically to me to harm a person (by locking them up) just to make an example.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
To those saying she was not malicious, I disagree.  She didn’t give a damn about anyone sharing the road with her that night, she put her fun above their safety.  She started caring about others about the time she realized what she had done.

Honest question then… you’ve never done it?  Meaning driven too fast in a manner which could have harmed you or others when you were young and stupid?

155 at night?  No, I have to say---and I like driving fast---that's one I haven't yet done.  Mainly through a lack of a suitable vehicle.

I'm not seeing a problem with ringing her up for manslaughter.  She doesn't kill him, perhaps there's some intermediate vehicular assault that could apply instead.  And no accident, then reckless driving would be an appropriate charge.  All of these are to deter that kind of dangerous conduct, and punish instances that can be proven.

Agreed that we all did stupid stuff when we were younger, and (mostly) got away with it.  She didn't get away with it, and now what sounds like was a pretty decent guy is dead because of it.

I think it’s terrible that she killed someone.  That something a normal person would never recover from.  

I just struggle at a philosophical level with punishing one person for something that many won’t be punished for.  Particularly for something that wasn’t deliberate and won’t be repeated.

Pre-meditated murder?  In most cases you should go to jail.  You are likely to murder another person.

Kill a person with your car because you were dumb?  Many people would find it so traumatic they might not ever drive again.

So the only reason to lock them up is as an example to others.  It seems a bit odd philosophically to me to harm a person (by locking them up) just to make an example.

I bet you’d be singing a different tune if it was your spouse or child that was dead.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

First, he killed one person and seriously injured another, while racing on a public street. Secondly, the judge didn’t have to send him to prison. That’s on the judge. Third, just because he went to prison doesn’t mean he’s going to be a hardened criminal. I’ve known a few people over my lifetime that fucked up, went to prison, then came out and stayed on the straight path.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
She tried to perform CPR and braked when she realized her mistake.  While she cerfainly earned some punishment, this is not in the same category as an unrepentent felon running from police or driving without a license.  IMO this isn't a throw the book situation... more like pick a reasonable sentence.

Judge was probably correct though.  Once you spend five years in prison you have few options.  Very few people will hire a felon/ex-prisoner and to allow you to live a normal life, even if you want to.  That’s even if prison doesn’t fuck you up mentally.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:33:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Freedom be scary, yo.

We found a road FUDD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think people on public roads should go to jail for 155mph whether they wreck or not.

Freedom be scary, yo.

We found a road FUDD.

Try harder.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I bet you’d be singing a different tune if it was your spouse or child that was dead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
To those saying she was not malicious, I disagree.  She didn’t give a damn about anyone sharing the road with her that night, she put her fun above their safety.  She started caring about others about the time she realized what she had done.

Honest question then… you’ve never done it?  Meaning driven too fast in a manner which could have harmed you or others when you were young and stupid?

155 at night?  No, I have to say---and I like driving fast---that's one I haven't yet done.  Mainly through a lack of a suitable vehicle.

I'm not seeing a problem with ringing her up for manslaughter.  She doesn't kill him, perhaps there's some intermediate vehicular assault that could apply instead.  And no accident, then reckless driving would be an appropriate charge.  All of these are to deter that kind of dangerous conduct, and punish instances that can be proven.

Agreed that we all did stupid stuff when we were younger, and (mostly) got away with it.  She didn't get away with it, and now what sounds like was a pretty decent guy is dead because of it.

Explain to me how locking her up would bring them back.  If it would, yes, absolutely.  If it wouldn’t, you’d have to be a really fucked up person to harm someone else because it somehow made you feel good/better.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Horrible event, stupid girl that broke a family.

But the news article was horribly written with missing words, and then the sensationalism about the Corvette being a “supercar”  and could cost up to $140,000. What relevance is that to the fucking story ?

Then they say she was doing 155 miles an hour before slamming on the brakes and hit them at 87 mph according to the airbags computer.  

Holy shit…. The brits media is worse than ours!
View Quote

87mph  written by an Arfcommer?

Probably written by AI as shitty as it is.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What!!  Treat Williams isn’t dead ?!?!  Someone should tell his widow .   Glad you cleared that up .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Apples to hand grenades.  Also, the driver was charged and took a plea deal.
What!!  Treat Williams isn’t dead ?!?!  Someone should tell his widow .   Glad you cleared that up .

What are you on about?

Yes, Williams is dead. The circumstances between his incident and the incident in this article are totally different.    You stated that driver involved in the Williams incident wasn’t charged. He was charged.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Who wrote that article? This guy?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Entitled little twat.
View Quote
OR MAYBE a person who made a mistake. She did after all stop and at least attempt CPR.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Lol, GD.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

UH 600k is a "modest" house?

View Quote

Yeah.

In metro Phoenix a 1600 sq foot ranch style house on a 1/4 acre, built in 1980, in a “fair” neighborhood is $450k.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, this is an average Arfcomer"s supercar
https://imgs.search.brave.com/Tp7XpHjTKOejT8H77mnoFs0MSjgTZkAAZu6hs9N_Dso/rs:fit:860:0:0/g:ce/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cu/Y2Fyc2Nvb3BzLmNv/bS93cC1jb250ZW50/L3VwbG9hZHMvMjAy/NC8wMy9CdWdhdHRp/LUNoaXJvbi0xMS0x/MDI0eDc2OS5qcGc

Agreed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Explain to me how locking her up would bring them back.  If it would, yes, absolutely.  If it wouldn’t, you’d have to be a really fucked up person to harm someone else because it somehow made you feel good/better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Now you’re just trolling and shit posting.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#34]
She was going over 155mph and hit him at 87 mph. That should be a felony speeding violation not to mention all the other felonies she should be racking up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's retarded that the home her parents own is even mentioned. Fuck this adult and her future, hoping she leads a miserable fucking life and this haunts her like aids.
View Quote

Ah-men.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Take away the means and perhaps she will not have a 'supercar' with which to kill again.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
From the article:

View Quote

AI
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
From the article:

View Quote

DIE teachers.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I think the author is giving corvettes a bit too much credit here.
View Quote

Compared to what?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Take away the means and perhaps she will not have a 'supercar' with which to kill again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of my wife’s friends was in an accident that resulted in a fatality.  She wasn’t even the driver.

She refuses to drive now.  It actually bugs the hell out of me, because this was 25 years ago and she still won’t drive.  

But I share this because most people aren’t as callous and indifferent as GD tends to believe.  They are pretty fragile.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

UH 600k is a "modest" house?

View Quote

According to NE and Left Coast Trust Fund Brats......
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

+1

Guy did 14 yrs at Tacoma PD (lots of serious crime there), and probably thought his danger years were behind him…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/857/IMG_0838_jpeg-3171000.JPG

RIP ranger.  Seemed to have his life going well.

+1

Guy did 14 yrs at Tacoma PD (lots of serious crime there), and probably thought his danger years were behind him…

The years were behind him. 18 of them going 155 mph.

And Tacoma is a shithole.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

One of my wife’s friends was in an accident that resulted in a fatality.  She wasn’t even the driver.

She refuses to drive now.  It actually bugs the hell out of me, because this was 25 years ago and she still won’t drive.  

But I share this because most people aren’t as callous and indifferent as GD tends to believe.  They are pretty fragile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Then again I had a friend who was killed at an intersection by a woman who was speeding, she was never held accountable and still drives like a fucking idiot. At the very least her license should have been suspended for life. Pisses me off every time I see that bitch.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I have to question that logic. The average home value in Tempe is 477k

This house is above average.  

How is that modest?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/38726/1000009650_jpg-3170879.JPG
View Quote

Depends on the location. There are shit holes that should probably be torn down selling for $600-700k just because of the proximity to ASU.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Then again I had a friend who was killed at an intersection by a woman who was speeding, she was never held accountable and still drives like a fucking idiot. At the very least her license should have been suspended for life. Pisses me off every time I see that bitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with you.  That’s pretty screwed up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It goes with the F140 Enzo and 918 Spyder.  Gotta have a few options depending on the mood of the day.
View Quote

I was never a huge Enzo fan, it looked a bit forced to me

My two favorite modern Ferraris just so happen to be next to one another at the museum

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
"Super car"
View Quote

0-60 in 2.9 seconds and a top speed of 195. A Ferrari 488 is 3 seconds top speed 205.  

The new C8 is a "super car".  People here are conflating super car with hyper car.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

0-60 in 2.9 seconds and a top speed of 195. A Ferrari 488 is 3 seconds top speed 205.  

The new C8 is a "super car".  People here are conflating super car with hyper car.
View Quote

Correct. For decades, a supercar was something that threatened or barely exceeded 200 mph.

That speed is now relatively easy to reach, so hypercars became a thing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Haters don't want to admit the C8 is a supercar.  0-60 in 3.0s is a supercar and that's the base C8 without the Z51 package, 2.8s with the Z51.  The Z06 is 2.6s.
View Quote

Yep because a car is to cheap.  My dream car starts at 130ish and is slower.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#50]
I wonder if he was wearing a helmet or any protective gear?   Looks like they were on a freeway, so probably traveling 70+ mph.  If she hit him at 87 mph (as stated in the article), that's a ~20mph impact differential (granted, tossing him to the ground at 70).  The bike looks to be largely intact.  Not like it kersploded.  

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top