Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Holding out on the abortion issue sure worked out for us here in Michigan.  From "voting our morals" we got new abortion rights and a shitload of gun laws.  I almost forgot the redistricting changes to insure Rs can't win again.  Worked out great, if you're a commie.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By macros73:

What should be their punishment in that case?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By macros73:
Originally Posted By DDDDCheapAF:

Brainwashed Whores . I wonder if they go to church on Sundays  probably not .

What should be their punishment in that case?
The same for any unrepentant murderer. Expulsion from the church.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JimEb:
Adapt or die.

Just like gun control.  If you don't like guns, fine. Don't own one.  If you don't like abortion, fine.  Don't get one.   Just don't micromanage what I can do and own.
View Quote
Dont like slavery? Don't own a slave.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By T1NMAN:

Worth it.

If babies have to die to keep open a free market and personal liberty we're already damned.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By T1NMAN:
Originally Posted By PTR32Sooner:
Abortion is the hill Republicans are going to die on.

It cost them 2022 and it's going to cost them in 2024

Worth it.

If babies have to die to keep open a free market and personal liberty we're already damned.

I care far more about an unborn child's right to life, than helping a rootless metropolitan avoid a slight increase in taxes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Dopple:
Might as well let dems kill their babies, should reduce that part of the voter base.
View Quote

That's what the public education system is for - they'll just take yours.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By madmathew:
Holding out on the abortion issue sure worked out for us here in Michigan.  From "voting our morals" we got new abortion rights and a shitload of gun laws.  I almost forgot the redistricting changes to insure Rs can't win again.  Worked out great, if you're a commie.
View Quote

Yeah but you can defend yourself from theft of property. A baby in the womb can't protect itself from abortion. Sack up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By thunderw21:

We've murdered over 70 million babies the last 50 years. How many more should we murder before Republicans start winning again?
View Quote

More then half would be Dem voters.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:09:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#8]
Originally Posted By Drsalee:

Semantics.

When a woman wants to be pregnant, she ALWAYS refers to the bump at her belly as her BABY.  They never say fetus or clump of cells.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Drsalee:
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

Yep, that's the fundamental difference right there that nobody seems to catch.  Everybody believes murder of a human is bad.  Most people don't believe a fetus is a human.  Cry tears saying  that it is, isn't actually working.  Texas didn't help - there was a case where a pregnant woman took the HOV lane, and had to pay a ticket.  She claimed the fetus was a human, thus there were two humans in the car.  Texas said that doesn't count as a human in the car.  She had to pay the ticket.

I thought it was a human Texas.

Federal IRS taxes - same thing.  It's not a human on your taxes, until its born.  

Somewhat hinky examples, but the point remains - a fetus is not defined and treated as a human. Until that is unerversally accepted that it is - this is a losing fight.  So far, that isn't working - and I doubt it ever will.

Semantics.

When a woman wants to be pregnant, she ALWAYS refers to the bump at her belly as her BABY.  They never say fetus or clump of cells.
uneducated misnomer.

By no medical or even federal definition of person (1 U.S. Code § 8) is there a baby in her belly. Period.

1 U.S. Code § 8:Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Except one is literally you decided to suck out a baby, limb by limb, and the other is owning an inanimate object.

Also, the supreme court made this call. I guess we should stop filing suit over shit so we don't risk future elections. Fuck, I may as well sign up for the DNC at this rate.
View Quote

The Supreme Court made the call that abortion should be decided by the states, not the federal government. They did not rule on the legality or morality of abortion. Not sure why you would think otherwise.

The Supreme Court has one job . .. to determine if laws, rules, or legislation are Constitutional.

Just because you WANT to think they ruled against abortion does not make it so.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Sure, let's make a fair abortion law.

A woman can abort her fetus at any time. In doing so, no one can be charged with her murder for any reason after that.

What's good for the gosling is good for the goose or something like that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:06:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer] [#11]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JupiterMaximus:

God, you really are a
View Quote

That's not true. Conservatives who take this position just have no hope and are giving up.  They realize the culture has changed and they're not going to get what they want in their lifetimes so they're quitting.  

The left has committed to their goals and embraced struggle across generations if that's what it takes and that's why they're winning.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#13]

We've murdered over 70 million babies the last 50 years. How many more should we murder before Republicans start winning again?
View Quote
Not we.  The individual who had the abortion did.  

I do not condone A LOT of stuff in this world.  But at what point does my desire impede someone's pursuit of happiness?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:17:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer] [#14]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AXE0FWAR:

I predict this thread coming to a close shortly….
View Quote

Yep. They'd rather sling insults than make arguments. Sad state of affairs, that so-called Republicans/conservatives support this genocide but can't even make a case without name-calling.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Yep. They'd rather sling insults than make arguments. Sad state of affairs, that so-called Republicans/conservatives support this genocide but can't even make a case without name-calling.
View Quote

The case has been made. No name calling necessary.

People want the government out of their lives when it comes to individual decisions about abortion, and republicans lose elections when they run on abortion restrictions. Simple as that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

They want to win so badly they’re willing to compromise on everything and anything if they think it will help them “win”.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#18]

They want to win so badly they’re willing to compromise on everything and anything if they think it will help them “win”.
View Quote

I mean, imagine taking a position on the issue that values individual choice over government regulation.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:35:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

I mean, imagine taking a position on the issue that values individual choice over government regulation.
View Quote

I dealt with you earlier. Goodnight.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Imagine taking a position that protects the life and rights of the unborn child. You know, those things mentioned in the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:36:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FivespeedF150] [#21]
Originally Posted By AXE0FWAR:They want to win so badly they’re willing to compromise on everything and anything if they think it will help them “win”.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thunderw21:Yep. They'd rather sling insults than make arguments. Sad state of affairs, that so-called Republicans/conservatives support this genocide but can't even make a case without name-calling.
I won't go so far as to call anyone a moron, we're in agreement on the foundations if not the practical realities.
That said, I understand how someone would feel that way when faced with an accelerationist.
ETA thus my earlier "virtue signal" comment. When presented with the political realities, society isn't at a point where hardline abortion abolition is a winner on the local level most places.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Ayup, I certainly don’t want the government interfering with my individual choice to kill people that are inconvenient to me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Imagine taking a position that protects the life and rights of the unborn child. You know, those things mentioned in the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence.
View Quote

I understand the pro-life position perfectly. And I respect it.

Ultimately you have to decide if you value a grown, developed, adult human more, or a non-viable developing fetus more. There are situations where you have to prioritize the well-being of one over the other.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MK3110:

Ayup, I certainly don’t want the government interfering with my individual choice to kill people that are inconvenient to me.
View Quote

When 12 year old Susie gets knocked up by uncle Cletus, most Americans have absolutely zero qualms about terminating that pregnancy if that’s what she wants. And I’m one of them. I understand not everybody agrees.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#25]

When 12 year old Susie gets knocked up by uncle Cletus, most Americans have absolutely zero qualms about terminating that pregnancy if that’s what she wants. And I’m one of them. I understand not everybody agrees.
View All Quotes

I’ll concede this very specific and rare scenario as long as we get to terminate Cletus as well.

Now what about the other 99.99999% of abortions?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#26]
OP’s acronym is literally CCP.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#27]

I’ll concede this very specific and rare scenario as long as we get to terminate Cletus as well.

View Quote

That’s the thing.

You can’t satisfactorily legislate a topic that includes the possibility for countless unknown or unforeseen circumstances.

“Medical necessity”. Sounds great in theory. In reality, what does that mean? Who decides it? What if different doctors give different opinions?

I don’t like abortion. I despise it actually, especially as a form of birth control. But what I despise even more is government regulation on things I believe they have no business regulating, and as such I will almost always err on the side of individual choice.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Smells fishy in here.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By OscarD:
View Quote

An extremely sketchy poster, to say the least.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#30]

That’s the thing.

You can’t satisfactorily legislate a topic that includes the possibility for countless unknown or unforeseen circumstances.

“Medical necessity”. Sounds great in theory. In reality, what does that mean? Who decides it? What if different doctors give different opinions?

I don’t like abortion. I despise it actually, especially as a form of birth control. But what I despise even more is government regulation on things I believe they have no business regulating, and as such I will almost always err on the side of individual choice.
View All Quotes

That’s the thing.

Almost all legislation is on topics that have countless unknowns and unforeseen circumstances. Take homicide for example. There is legal, justifiable homicide and illegal homicide (murder). A process exists to differentiate between the two.

Legislators can surely craft law that defines medical necessity. In fact, the Florida law simply requires two doctors, any two, to agree on it’s necessity.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By OscarD:
View Quote

I love you, not gay.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

Yep, that's the fundamental difference right there that nobody seems to catch.  Everybody believes murder of a human is bad.  Most people don't believe a fetus is a human.  Cry tears saying  that it is, isn't actually working.  Texas didn't help - there was a case where a pregnant woman took the HOV lane, and had to pay a ticket.  She claimed the fetus was a human, thus there were two humans in the car.  Texas said that doesn't count as a human in the car.  She had to pay the ticket.

I thought it was a human Texas.

Federal IRS taxes - same thing.  It's not a human on your taxes, until its born.  

Somewhat hinky examples, but the point remains - a fetus is not defined and treated as a human. Until that is unerversally accepted that it is - this is a losing fight.  So far, that isn't working - and I doubt it ever will.
View Quote

Except if you murder a pregnant woman, you can be charged for double murder.... so which is it?!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By neostoicism:
Once Republicans change all their values to be identical to Democrats “to win elections”, why should I vote for Republicans?

Does a Republican holding a seat have any value if they vote the same way, and hold the same values as a Democrat?
View Quote

This is the correct answer
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:56:42 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

I don’t recall anything in those documents about unborn fetuses. And moreover laws related to abortion didn’t even exist until the 1800’s. Abortion was widely known and practiced during the founding of this country yet it was never contemplated in the Declaration of Independence nor the Bill of Rights.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By foxxnhound:
This abortion issue is dragging some conservative women towards the Democrats.  This really pissed a lot of every day women off. Especially Idaho with outlawing all abortion, except in emergency.
View Quote

If abortion is dragging "conservative" women to the Democrats, how "conservative" was she to begin with?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CreamCheesePizza:

Should a woman be forced to give birth to their rapists child? Should a child who was raped forced to give birth? What about nonviable births? Births that may pose a risk to the life of the mother?
View Quote

is that child not a human being because his/her sperm donor was a rapist.  By all means execute the rapist, but what was the child's crime?
Birth's that pose a legitimate risk to the life of the mother (i.e. ectopic pregnancy)are not elective abortions.
Non-viable births?  Stillborn?  Not elective abortion.
Non-viable births?  Not valued because the elites say your not worth it (i.e. Disabled.)    You can play that game if you want.  But if you set that precedent, one day they will come after you because you are too tall, too short, too fat, too skinny.....
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#37]
I think it's hilarious that people think that passing through a ring of muscle confers life upon a human.  

By this logic, my dick dies every time I fuck some chick.   Over and over again.  

Radical thought:   It's okay to force someone not to murder a kid.  Even using the government to do it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Women want freedom from consequences like men want freedom to make themselves valuable.

Women with babies have responsibilities & accountability and are less valuable to men too.

Win Democrats
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Dogsoldier03:

Except if you murder a pregnant woman, you can be charged for double murder.... so which is it?!
View Quote

It is admittedly hypocrisy.

That said, it’s a legal stance which honors the parents intent.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:22:18 PM EDT
[#40]
If all the right needs to do to win is  concede on child murder and condone it may this country epically crash and burn because we are already too far gone. We deserve what’s coming.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By CreamCheesePizza:

Should a woman be forced to give birth to their rapists child? Should a child who was raped forced to give birth? What about nonviable births? Births that may pose a risk to the life of the mother?
View Quote

I believe only the state of Florida keeps or kept states on this and 1/10 of a percent IIRC met your examples criteria.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:30:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Lmao, gotta love this place. The same people that spent years saying that the Orange Man would destroy the GOP by supporting DNC policy positions are now telling you to support DNC policy positions.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SavedByTheBlood:
If all the right needs to do to win is  concede on child murder and condone it may this country epically crash and burn because we are already too far gone. We deserve what’s coming.
View Quote

Which is ultimately true.

If one really believes that they will have to stand before God and account their actions in their life, I guess they have to ask how it will go over when they say "yeah I supported murdering children in the womb...but it was a political calculation..."  

You have the side that pretty much supports murdering children, maiming them, and ultimately will be pushing fucking them.  And the other side, well it really isn't a side since a nice chunk of that is never going to compromise on murdering the unborn.  So they aren't on the "same side" as the secular conservative who thinks that abortion is fine as there is a good chance the kids murdered will grow up to be liberals, and maybe they left will not assault their rights quite has hard.  Maybe buy a few more years before that Glock 19 is illegal after all. A few million more dead babies is a small price to pay right?

You have the left pushing abortion until the moment of birth, and not the fringe. as long as one toe is in the mother go ahead and kill it no matter how viable.  But that will be a compromise I guess that has to be made as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:43:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grambosc] [#44]

View Quote

That's a South Carolina specific scenario, and one that the state can deal with at its own level.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By jb1001:
What a stupid hill to die on.
View Quote

This.

Who cares if democrats want to kill their offspring.

70m aborted? Imagine if all those people were voting today? Because I don’t see many republicans having an abortion.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:57:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By zombiehunter:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zombiehunter:
Originally Posted By neostoicism:
Once Republicans change all their values to be identical to Democrats “to win elections”, why should I vote for Republicans?

Does a Republican holding a seat have any value if they vote the same way, and hold the same values as a Democrat?

People with black and white thinking (always, never, all, none…) will always fail. Whether it’s just a simple debate or in politics.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By DDDDCheapAF:

I wonder if they go to church on Sundays  probably not .
View Quote

Oh, they do.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:08:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 80085:

I don’t recall anything in those documents about unborn fetuses. And moreover laws related to abortion didn’t even exist until the 1800’s. Abortion was widely known and practiced during the founding of this country yet it was never contemplated in the Declaration of Independence nor the Bill of Rights.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 80085:

Abortions were taking place when Jesus walked the earth. It seems he might have mentioned something about it if it was so evil.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By PTR32Sooner:
Abortion is the hill Republicans are going to die on.
It cost them 2022 and it's going to cost them in 2024
View Quote
FPNIA
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top