Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Once Republicans change all their values to be identical to Democrats “to win elections”, why should I vote for Republicans?

Does a Republican holding a seat have any value if they vote the same way, and hold the same values as a Democrat?
View Quote

That's precisely it.

They have to differentiate themselves, conservatives, to survive this new Dark Age.

They haven't won anything. There is a Judgement Day and it's coming. Let the fools dance around the bonfire for now, we will see how this ends.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:46:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice work gents!  

“Self-managed abortions rose by more than 26,000 in the six months after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade nearly two years ago, according to a peer-reviewed study published Monday in JAMA, the American Medical Association’s journal.

The Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization ruling in June 2022 overturned the federal right to abortion, returning the decision to the states and leading to 14 with near-total abortion bans.”

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Like they did when the Rs controlled congress for 2 years under Trump?

Laughable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, win first, implement policy after you win a majority and the POTUS.

Like they did when the Rs controlled congress for 2 years under Trump?

Laughable.

It’s nothing more than a red herring for most republicans. Talk up their pro-life stance to get the evangelical vote then do nothing once in office. Same for most democrats and gun control (actually for republicans and preservation of gun rights too).
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I’d wager that 99.87% of hardcore, black/white “pro-lifers” have never done a damn thing to help a needy child. But I guarantee that same 98.87% have bitched about “crotch fruit”.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Because it is a choice that should rest entirely with the woman, in consultation with whomever she wishes, depending on circumstances that may be completely unpredictable and unfortunate. Not a decision to be made some fat old men in the legislature for her.
View Quote

Do you think having an abortion two weeks before delivery should be legal?  You know, if the decision is made by the woman and not some old guy?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]
ok the dems message better than GOP.

What's new?

Also, anyone that is ok with killing babies can just fuck off and die. If that is the hill i die on, so be it. I'll IM you my address.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Republicans can either change their abortion position or continue to lose elections . . . meaning they will also continue to lose on issues like immigration and guns, trans crap, DEI, foreign wars, tax policy, surveillance, and on and on and on.

It's a stupid hill to die on, but die on it the right will.  It's idiotic.

Abortion will continue, just with a bigger liberal majority in power, and all other rights will be gone as well. Then,  the right can brag about their moral superiority while paying even more taxes and funding everything they despise.

--------------------

So just become a democrat.

Got it.
View Quote

That's ridiculous. If you're paying taxes now, then you're already supporting abortion.   Make abortion your political red line in the sand and you'll support it even more.

All you're doing is giving up every right in order to virtue signal

If you're against abortion, then don't get one.  But, you're nothing but an ally of the liberals if you choose to lose every right because of abortion laws
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Should a woman be forced to give birth to their rapists child? Should a child who was raped forced to give birth? What about nonviable births? Births that may pose a risk to the life of the mother?
View Quote

Let's first agree that the other 99.7% of abortion is wrong. Can we agree on that? Let's save 99.7% of the lives and then we can bicker on the rest.

Stop using the extreme minority case as the rule.

Also, you know there are pills that can prevent conception after rape, right? Right?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Do you think having an abortion two weeks before delivery should be legal?  You know, if the decision is made by the woman and not some old guy?
View Quote

Can you provide an example of that every happening in the case of a healthy, viable birth?

No one is against reasonable restrictions like the case you mention, but you aren't being clever by trying to link this example to kind of abortions everyone else trying to have a genuine conversation about this topic is discussing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Because it is a choice that should rest entirely with the woman, in consultation with whomever she wishes, depending on circumstances that may be completely unpredictable and unfortunate. Not a decision to be made some fat old men in the legislature for her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask them why they probably would never do it.

Then ask them why they want to be able to do it.

Who speaks for the baby in her womb?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We've murdered over 70 million babies the last 50 years. How many more should murder before Republicans start winning again?
View Quote

The vast majority of those babies would have ended up commies.  

Abortion is disgusting, shameful, and is definitely murder.  That said most abortions are on liberal women.  The benefits of abortion is lower crime, welfare, and less democrat voters.  It’s past time for republicans to let it go.  Unless they like losing elections.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Should a woman be forced to give birth to their rapists child? Should a child who was raped forced to give birth? What about nonviable births? Births that may pose a risk to the life of the mother?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Allowing a mother to murder her baby is the ethical choice?

What about the unalienable right to life. You know, the FIRST thing our forefathers ever mentioned in kicking off the USA?

GD gonna GD.

Should a child be murdered bc their sperm donor is a piece of shit rapist?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#13]
The Left maybe can’t meme, but their propaganda game is the best bar none. While conservatives have pushed for the rights of the unborn, the Left has taken it and very skillfully turned it into a war against women. The fetus has taken a bit part in the entire saga…it’s now about the Right taking control of women’s bodies. It’s no longer relevant whether or not a woman is far beyond birthing age, the rock solid narrative is it’s a war against ALL women.
I’m so disgusted with anything taking on the moniker of “politician” these days (except maybe for Vivek) so it’s hard to force myself to stomach much of what they utter, but abortion seems to terrify the Right…the veritable hot potato. Meanwhile, it continues to fester. If they choose to make this a foundation of their platform, they desperately need to take it head on, to find some of the best PR people in the nation to dismantle that “war against women” narrative. The “don’t talk about it and just implement policy once in power” idea is completely misguided because anyone who has talked to someone on the left will see that’s EXACTLY what they think Republicans will do. Maybe some concessions need to be made, stick to restrictions but not outright bans. It’s a bitter pill, but make no mistake, they WILL vote for a feeble and incompetent dementia addled zombie as long as they see this as a war against THEM rather than concern over their unborn child.

We’re never going to see the NFA overturned. We’re never going to see abortion banned nationwide. That’s the reality. Accept it. Adapt, improvise and overcome.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Should a woman be forced to give birth to their rapists child? Should a child who was raped forced to give birth?
View Quote

This accounts for about 6% of abortions in the US.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I’d wager that 99.87% of hardcore, black/white “pro-lifers” have never done a damn thing to help a needy child. But I guarantee that same 98.87% have bitched about “crotch fruit”.
View Quote

The only people I know that have adopted children from “unwanted” pregnancies are religious people that I can only conclude are pro-life.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:00:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's precisely it.

They have to differentiate themselves, conservatives, to survive this new Dark Age.

They haven't won anything. There is a Judgement Day and it's coming. Let the fools dance around the bonfire for now, we will see how this ends.
View Quote

Limited government regulation and personal choice is a conservative stance, not a democrat one.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure do. I don’t like it, I don’t personally approve of it. But I recognize there may be unforeseen situations where the mother and/or her doctor may determine it to be the least bad choice, or the only choice.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:03:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Limited government regulation and personal choice is a conservative stance, not a democrat one.
View Quote

Murder is a personal, conservative stance?

The problem with no regulation in a society with no moral objectivity is anarchy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:03:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should a woman be forced to give birth to their rapists child? Should a child who was raped forced to give birth?

It could be 0.00006 percent, it doesn’t matter, many of the women see themselves as potentially one of those minuscule number.

ETA I’m always amazed at the “rape exception” team too, especially post-MeToo. That’s basically encouraging “crying rape”. Dangerous.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Murder is a personal, conservative stance?

The problem with no regulation in a society with no moral objectivity is anarchy.
View Quote

You call it murder, and that is your word choice.  But it doesn’t make it an accurate one.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Abortion is the hill Republicans are going to die on.

It cost them 2022 and it's going to cost them in 2024
View Quote

The GOP is hanging itself with the issue.

The Pro-Life crowd will still vote Republican
The Pro-Abortion Crowd will vote Democrat
The Pro-Choice crowd can be swayed either way... I know many people who would never have an abortion (unless it was for medical/life reasons), but they believe in choice.

There are much, much more important issues. Doesn't matter where you stand on it, there are much more pressing issues, and from a financial/economic/regulatory/domestic and foreign policy the far left liberals are ruining this country. Abortion is like an arguement with your wife or boss, sometimes it is better to drop it.

As another user said, women don't like being told what to do, and that is how many of them see this issue.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's definitely hurting Republicans a lot, but I'm not sure if it will cost them the 2024 election. Biden's incompetence and senility, plus backlash against illegals, has a chance to offset it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's definitely hurting Republicans a lot, but I'm not sure if it will cost them the 2024 election. Biden's incompetence and senility, plus backlash against illegals, has a chance to offset it.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Never underestimate some women's desire to murder their own child.

Or their perception that she is a "strong, independent woman" for doing so.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Never underestimate some women's desire to murder their own child.

Or their perception that she is a "strong, independent woman" for doing so.

This,

I know plenty of conservative women who voted Democrat in the 2022 election specifically because of abortion. One tole me "I would probably never do it, but i want to have the ability to do it"

I laugh, the abortion ruling was the best thing that ever happened to democrats. Its why they never codified it. It was always that golden key they could use when the republicans finally did it

Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, so roll over like a bitch and hope something happens, like we've done for decades?When do we actually get to talk about it? Republicans had control of congress 2 years under Trump and nothing happened. Republicans aren't going to abolish abortion because they profit from it being an issue.

We let abortion exist for 50 years. We were too gutless to do anything then, and over 70 million babies were murdered. We tried that strategy and it led to a genocide.

We need to talk about it constantly. Never stop talking about it. Confront the culture. Let the gutless Republicans lose. They weren't going to do anything anyways. Winnow the chaff from the wheat.

Roe vs. Wade concealed peoples real views on abortion and reproductive rights. Now that the SC took the hood off, I think its pretty clear that Americans by and large support abortion rights.

Especially now that some of those evangelical states dipped too deeply and started going after the pill and IFV, which is frankly an insane thing to do.

Once I heard about some states going after the pill and IFV, I knew republicans dug a hole so deep they're staring up at the light like its the bottom of a well
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The only people I know that have adopted children from “unwanted” pregnancies are religious people that I can only conclude are pro-life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think all those religious people will adopt another million babies every year? Including black and brown babies from inner cities and ghettos?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That's ridiculous. If you're paying taxes now, then you're already supporting abortion.   Make abortion your political red line in the sand and you'll support it even more.

All you're doing is giving up every right in order to virtue signal

If you're against abortion, then don't get one.  But, you're nothing but an ally of the liberals if you choose to lose every right because of abortion laws
View Quote

Fortunately, you don't get to decide my principles or how I vote.   It's too bad so many of you support the democrat platform.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Abortion is going to continue no matter how much we clench our jaws or how we vote.

I’d rather get steamrolled on the abortion issue than lose on every other issue that is important to me because of it.

Right or wrong, it’s here to stay.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You call it murder, and that is your word choice.  But it doesn’t make it an accurate one.
View Quote

How would you define ending the existence of a human fetus that is growing and has a DNA profile?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It could be 0.00006 percent, it doesn’t matter, many of the women see themselves as potentially one of those minuscule number.

ETA I’m always amazed at the “rape exception” team too, especially post-MeToo. That’s basically encouraging “crying rape”. Dangerous.
View Quote

Easy. I’m not justifying it. I was making a point at a liberal talking point being the overwhelming minority; yet they drag it out in this grandioso emotional manner.

I’m 100% pro life. Period.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Brainwashed Whores . I wonder if they go to church on Sundays… probably not .
View Quote

They go to the trendy megachurches that have coffee bars where they can watch the sermon while chatting with their friends about last nights date/sex.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know it’s bad when murder for convenience is so common that people fight to be able to do it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

We've murdered over 70 million babies the last 50 years. How many more should murder before Republicans start winning again?
View Quote

Devil’s advocate time…..If Republicans loose all power what stops unfettered abortions including late-term one’s in places like Alabama?

Look as a society, abortion is a necessary evil up to a certain point. Completely banning the practice without some early allowances and caveats will result in a political disaster.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Roe vs. Wade concealed peoples real views on abortion and reproductive rights. Now that the SC took the hood off, I think its pretty clear that Americans by and large support abortion rights.

Especially now that some of those evangelical states dipped too deeply and started going after the pill and IFV, which is frankly an insane thing to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, so roll over like a bitch and hope something happens, like we've done for decades?When do we actually get to talk about it? Republicans had control of congress 2 years under Trump and nothing happened. Republicans aren't going to abolish abortion because they profit from it being an issue.

We let abortion exist for 50 years. We were too gutless to do anything then, and over 70 million babies were murdered. We tried that strategy and it led to a genocide.

We need to talk about it constantly. Never stop talking about it. Confront the culture. Let the gutless Republicans lose. They weren't going to do anything anyways. Winnow the chaff from the wheat.

I couldn't believe they started going after IFV and the pill. Way to taint the entire party and bring it back to the 1900's

Women will vote blue no matter who. Great job GOP on advancing the Dems. They couldn't really get any better for them thanks to the GOP. Great party
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Once Republicans change all their values to be identical to Democrats “to win elections”, why should I vote for Republicans?

Does a Republican holding a seat have any value if they vote the same way, and hold the same values as a Democrat?
View Quote

Oh, I don’t know… they could be staunch supporters of a balanced budget, a strong border, a way forward on MJ, propose meaningful law enforcement changes, support gun rights…

Nah, fuck all that. Abortion is it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This country and its people sure love murdering innocent babies. When we hit 100 million babies murdered do we get a party?
View Quote

I’m afraid we’ll get “a surprise”…
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

It’s a right pretty much every fertile women has had since birth … whether they’d ever decide to use it or not. Women make up 50% of voting.  People don’t like losing rights, even though they do not see themselves excercising those rights.

Very dumb hill to die on when most people that want an abortion in these ban states WILL STILL just take a road trip to get one.  Meanwhile the legislature flips and liberals fuck up gun, tax, privacy, judges, immigration, vagrancy, gender, and entitlement laws… and in less than a decade you’ll be sitting in liberal shithole wondering what happened… but I guess you still sleep ok because you got to vote against lefties killing their own brood a few times several years ago (even though your efforts affect that outcome either).

If letting (mostly liberal) women kill their babies let’s us keep a legislature that wants a secure border, effective military, to protect 1A/2A/4A rights, ICE vehicles, protect my 401k/IRA, keep China in check, and keeps troons away from my kids… shit… I’ll help rideshare those godless bitches to the clinic myself.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Let's first agree that the other 99.7% of abortion is wrong. Can we agree on that? Let's save 99.7% of the lives and then we can bicker on the rest.

Stop using the extreme minority case as the rule.

Also, you know there are pills that can prevent conception after rape, right? Right?
View Quote

There were 26,000 rape related pregnancies in Texas in the 16 months since they enacted their abortion ban.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-abortion/researchers-claim-texas-leads-country-in-rape-related-pregnancies-after-dobbs-decision/
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:19:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Who speaks for the baby in her womb?
View Quote

Who will speak for the baby in her womb when all the pro-life folks have been voted from office?

Like it or not society has changed. Abortion isn’t a losing fight, it’s a lost war.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:Devil’s advocate time…..If Republicans loose lose all power what stops unfettered abortions including late-term one’s in places like Alabama?

Look as a society, abortion is a necessary evil up to a certain point. Completely banning the practice without some early allowances and caveats will result in a political disaster.
View Quote
Agreed.
For a website that mocks virtue signaling, there tends to be quite a bit of it around here on this issue.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Do this, and Republican's will never win another election.

If R's could get off their high horse and agree to abortion, say 1st trimester, they could completely end the debate and claim a win.
View Quote

Yep, hell even those Urope weenies have come to a compromise of 16 weeks or so. A vast majority of Americans are toots ok banning abortions into 2nd-3rd trimester but this no abortion at any point stance is a loosing one. This is a moral and societal issue, not a political one so stop making it such.

Hell the left has and does make the argument that having a firearm and taking a life, even in self-defense, is morally wrong and should be illegal.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The vast majority of those babies would have ended up commies.  

Abortion is disgusting, shameful, and is definitely murder.  That said most abortions are on liberal women.  The benefits of abortion is lower crime, welfare, and less democrat voters.  It’s past time for republicans to let it go.  Unless they like losing elections.
View Quote

You can see the future? Cool trick, playing god. I say we let living, innocent beings live their lives.

You admit it's murder, but you're still fine with it. Do you see how that's problematic? Do you see how you're being genocidal?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:There were 26,000 rape related pregnancies in Texas in the 16 months since they enacted their abortion ban.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-abortion/researchers-claim-texas-leads-country-in-rape-related-pregnancies-after-dobbs-decision/
View Quote
As I suggested in an earlier post though, we probably can’t take those numbers at face value now.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Really bad so many women have no problem killing babies!
View Quote

Note the number of women being killed by illigal immigrants.

Many of them will sacrifice their own freedom to choose safety and security to keep the freedom to kill their own babies.

American men need to stop their participation in this madness. Take two to create life.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:24:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Might as well let dems kill their babies, should reduce that part of the voter base.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Agreed.
For a website that mocks virtue signaling, there tends to be quite a bit of it around here on this issue.
View Quote

What is “virtue signaling” about being against murder?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s where it got pushed into evil territory for me. First trimester, for rape/incest/health of the mother, ok. That’s your decision. Anything beyond the first trimester and that’s a viable pregnancy.

Plus, as soon as the time limit got lifted, the abortion proponents began pushing for post birth abortions which we all know is murder. That’s where it became obvious that this movement is truly evil.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Child murder for the sake of convenience is a hill all decent people should be willing to die on.
Any nation or people who demand such a "right" should suffer the same fate as Sodom & Gomorrah...
Social Liberals who call themselves conservatives carry the toxic waste of cultural Marxists...

imo
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

How would you define ending the existence of something that is growing and has a DNA profile?
View Quote

Murder is an unlawful and premeditated killing.  Abortion is neither unlawful (mostly), and often not premeditated, at least in the sense that it was a planned intentional act as opposed to being driven from circumstances or situations outside the mother’s control.

It’s an abortion. You are terminating a pregnancy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The difference is, Biden being senile and illegal immigrants are something happening to the country.  Telling a woman she can’t have an abortion is something Republicans did, personally, to her.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Think all those religious people will adopt another million babies every year? Including black and brown babies from inner cities and ghettos?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. But I don’t hear the pro abortion crowd offering to adopt. Just murder in the womb.

And most of the adopted babies I referenced are black and from urban areas. Nice attempt to paint those who opened their hearts and homes to children in need as racists.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There were 26,000 rape related pregnancies in Texas in the 16 months since they enacted their abortion ban.

View Quote

Well, let's look at that article you linked shall we?

"AUSTIN (KXAN) — A study published Wednesday in the medical journal JAMA Internal Medicine finds that Texas leads in rapes and rape-related pregnancies when compared to states with total abortion bans." Link in the sentence that goes to, "Rape-Related Pregnancies in the 14 US States With Total Abortion Bans"

"Author Affiliations
1Planned Parenthood of Montana, Billings, Montana
2Resound Research for Reproductive Health, Austin, Texas
3Hunter College, City University of New York, New York
4Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge, Massachusetts
5Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco"

This article was directed by Planned Parenthood. Sorry.... not buying it.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Devil’s advocate time…..If Republicans loose all power what stops unfettered abortions including late-term one’s in places like Alabama?

View Quote

That’s not playing devil’s advocate. It’s the reality of things.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top