Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
"When people are trading down from McDonald's you know times are tough, says Jim Cramer"
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Laughs in Costco $1.50 hotdog and pop combo deals
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:21:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: justsayin] [#3]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:24:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bubbatheredneck] [#4]
Last week I was unusually hungry on the way to work so I stopped by McD for an Egg McMuffin. Haven't had one in probably 10 years.

Went inside because the drive thru was a CF.

$4.59 is the menu price now.

I walked out.

Its just not worth that to me.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:12:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By justsayin:
I've seen several fringe fast food locations tank within the last year.

They seem to be under the impression people dont have choices.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/boldstrategy-1.gif
View Quote

Something I can't figure out is all of these new drive-thru coffee shops that seem to be springing up everywhere, some of them chain, some of them independent. And they're all depending on people spending crazy money for a cup of something coffee-like to go?  

I know most of them were likely planned a few years ago when things were booming and people were flush with money, but I still don't get it. Some of these buildings have to run several hundred K. They look like bankruptcies in waiting.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:31:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Low-Cap:
“McDonald's franchisees drove prices up about 10% “

Ok…
View Quote

Bidenomics!  Inflation is transitory!  Economy is great!  Democrats and Rinos reap what they sow and we all suffer for it!

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Bubbatheredneck:
Last week I was unusually hungry on the way to work so I stopped by McD for an Egg McMuffin. Haven't had one in probably 10 years.

I walked out.

Daughter and I stopped for breakfast last fall on the way to an Appleseed clinic.

It was between $9-$10 for a mcMuffin, hashbrown and OJ combo and I was like "WTF".

We have cut back on going out.  Everything has gone up 20-25% and our paychecks haven't.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:51:37 AM EDT
[#8]
My wife and I used to go out to dinner at least once a week and I would pick up lunch for the office maybe two to three times a week.

Not anymore

I’m taking in leftovers today and when I’m in the field it’s sandwich time

Stuff is just too expensive everywhere

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:33:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I swung into Subway and was shocked to see how much a footlong sandwich was. I want to say it was $12-$14.

Also,  regarding the article in OP, it will always be insidiously evil to me for a "respected" news site to make it a policy to capitalize "black" but not "white".
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I was traveling a couple of weeks ago for work.  Usually, I'll pack a lunch and put it in a small cooler, but I didn't that day.  I don't eat out very much.  Stopped at a Zaxbys and was shocked....$15 for a wings and things plate.  I like Zaxby's chicken, but it was always a little bit of a treat, because I thought it was expensive before.  Guess I probably have had my last treat...it isn't worth $15.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:44:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:48:24 AM EDT
[#12]
50k low income?

lol some people have no idea what the real world is like
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:50:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By justsayin:

It's neither affordable or fast for the plummeting quality.
View Quote

Truth. The last time I took the boy to McD's on game night, it took more than twenty minutes to get our burgers & fries.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Bad food, bad service, bad prices. I’m out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:23:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Mach:

It is hitting almost all disposable income businesses. As prices go up, and their pay doesn’t, they make choices. They spend the same amount of money but that same amount of money buys less stuff so less stuff gets sold.

Most of the US economy is stuff people don’t need.

Restaurants, hotels, bars, vacation spots are all going to have a difficult time as more people don’t have the money to do that stuff. That is the problem with a service industry driven economy.

We are in for very hard times.
View Quote

Good point

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Bubbatheredneck:

I walked out.

View Quote

I would have too. Here, you can buy a whole box of dozen organic eggs for that and eat every day for a week if not more. Depending if you get 1 egg or 2.

The *value* is not there.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Mach:

You aren’t paying for the shit food, you are paying for the $15-$20 per hour employees plus unemployment insurance. FICA, healthcare, property rent / mortgage, electric and heat, insurance etc. and all that shit has gone up in price too.

Fast food restaurants are going to die a slow death.
View Quote

Yep!! This is exactly what happens when a job meant for a 16 year old kid,  gets replaced with an adult who thinks they should be able to support a whole family on these wages, and they demand all those increases and benefits.

I swear people are so fucking stupid anymore it is intolerable.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#18]
I tried using the McDonalds app but you have to allow location permissions.  No fucking way am I going to let it access the GPS when typing in a zip code will do.

I like a discount, but not in exchange for a fast food company tracking my whereabouts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#19]
The only really bizarre part of this is how personally insulted some people seem to get when a business (wealthy guy owner?) raises his prices, to a point that these people are no longer willing to buy it, of the (only) junk food he sells. You shouldn't have been buying/consuming it when it was less expensive. Move along to a real restaurant.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

I would have too. Here, you can buy a whole box of dozen organic eggs for that and eat every day for a week if not more. Depending if you get 1 egg or 2.

The *value* is not there.

View Quote
Just checked local prices...

1/2 dozen large brown eggs $2.50
Pack of English Muffins $2.65
1/4 lb of sliced cheese of your choosing ~$2.00
Canadian Bacon, 1/4 lb. ~$2.75
=
6 egg sandwiches for $9.90

vs.

6 Egg McMuffins for $28.74

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TheLookingGlass:
You might only use the app once a week for a fast food order, but that thing is running in the background 24/7 gathering data points on you.
View Quote

No. No it's not. You might find this one weird trick where you can close an app.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Good. I hope fast food closes down.  It’s garbage and no longer cheap garbage.  Don’t remember the last time I picked up food at a drive through.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top