Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:
I do not believe I’m the only conservative who still believes that taking the high road, playing by the “rules”, trusting the process and moral victory is still a victory (even though it means nothing).  

I’m coming around to fight fire with fire mentality.
View Quote

I was you three years ago. I am a rule follower and believe in honesty and fairness.

What I didn't realize is, the rules have changed. The new rules are, there are no rules.

The only way we get democrats to stop cheating, is to get so viciously good at cheating ourselves, they cry about it and piss laws to stop it.

It's the only way. You cannot win a boxing match with rules when the opponent is playing no holds barred MMA rules
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Buckshot4U:
I'm surprised $150K is all it takes to be a 1%er.  I'm also surprised only 7% of 99%ers would cheat to win.
View Quote

It’s not
That math is fucked
Maybe $150k gets you the 1% of Mississippi
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#3]
It’s pretty disheartening to realize that so many people would gladly throw democracy out the window.

Throw your duffel bags into the lifeboats boys, she’s going down.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#4]
So 1% of the population that makes >$150K and has a postgrad and lives in dense urban demographics is 'Elite'?

Or, 'Elitist'?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Is it really cheating if both sides are doing it... and know it?

I'm a firm believer in a level playing field.  If it can't happen with the existing rules, change the rules.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:44:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By GarandM1:
Not surprising.  And the more I see from America's wealthy elite nowadays the more I understand why French peasants sent rich people to the guillotines.
View Quote

Agree, I now understand how it got to that point.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Firearmsenthusiast:
Well I make more than 150K, live in BFE North Dakota and fucking hate Biden.

So there's that.

View Quote

Well if you're gonna be 1 for 3, you got the right one correct.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#8]
If someone says “by any means necessary “ you should

not  apply your ethical limits to that statement.  You

should assume the absolute worst.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Very interesting that the 1% vote 80% democrat. The media would have you believe that the richest people are evil conservatives. Its like a counterinformation op where they create a straw man to villainize, then fuck everyone BUT the villain with the resulting policies.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DaGoose:
The PDF results has a lot more crazy results.

For example.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231492/Capture_PNG-3170725.png
View Quote
Fine... tax the 1%. If the top 1% want to fuck me out of *AIR CONDITIONING* ... I want to fuck them out of their income.
Guaran-dam-tee you these rich scumbags support *ALL* of these restrictions, so long as they don't apply to *THEM*.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
Over $150,000 a year is the elite?
View Quote

Metallica: Sad But True (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

LOL this
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

LOL this
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

People on this site don't believe that the vast majority of Americans makes less than $80k/year. It's one of arfcom's bubbles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

People on this site don't believe that the vast majority of Americans makes less than $80k/year. It's one of arfcom's bubbles.

We had a thread recently.  Something like 30% were making over $100.  Numerous Car mechanics were making $120 and better.   It’s not that much money these days.

$150 is far from elite 1%.       Maybe upper 10%?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By mini14jac:
It’s pretty disheartening to realize that so many people would gladly throw democracy out the window.

View Quote

Democracy has proven itself to be the death of my people and way of life. Societies and civilizations are instituted to protect those things, over and above political systems or methods of governance. If a political or economic system keeps biting you, you should change systems.

Democracy as a political system worked fine in a country with a certain demographic make-up and shared cultural and religious norms. Those traits no longer exist, ergo democracy no longer works. Get rid of it. Replace it with a different system that prioritizes the well being of your tribe above others.

This is literally just basic human survival but for some reason middle class people in America are completely fucking oblivious to it. It's blatantly apparent that the people who are imported to replace you can grasp it, and are taking full advantage of your precious "democracy" to do so.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By mini14jac:

View Quote

We were supposed to be a Republic.     The founding fathers knew that pure unrestrained democracy is doomed to failure.  

She will sink in an ocean of counterfeit dollars, created by people who kept voting en mass for MORE FREE SHIT….
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:

"The elite 1% individuals who make over $150,000 a year, live in densely populated areas, and have postgraduate degrees"

The criteria for the polling was not just income, it was location and education level.

RIF.
View Quote
The word 'elite' has lost all meaning
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Malhass:

Op is referring to idiots with college degrees that are highly paid .. my plumber makes 250k + a year ..
View Quote

your plumber does not.  The owner of the plumbing company does.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Did he interview the billionaire black rap moguls?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#21]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qng4jqdgfDw

When veteran pollster Scott Rasmussen surveyed a group of Americans he calls the elite 1% earlier this year, he discovered a startling number who say it’s OK to win an election by cheating.

The elite 1%—individuals who make over $150,000 a year, live in densely populated areas, and have postgraduate degrees—are overwhelmingly liberal. They give President Joe Biden an 82% approval rating, compared to his 40% average from the rest of Americans.

Rasmussen asked these liberal voters: “Suppose that your favorite candidate loses a close election. However, people on the campaign know that they can win by cheating without being caught. Would you rather have your candidate win by cheating or lose by playing fair?”

Among all Americans, just 7% said they would want their candidate to win by cheating. But that number rose to 35% among the elite 1% and skyrocketed to 69% among those who are part of the politically obsessed 1%, meaning they talk about politics every day.

“I’ve been polling for a very long time and the last finding is the most terrifying poll result I’ve ever seen,” Rasmussen told The Daily Signal.

Rasmussen spoke to “The Daily Signal Podcast” about his findings and his upcoming plans for a weekly TV show.
View Quote

It's good that this is being exposed and looked into - it always should - but societal elites basically saying "We should be allowed to cheat" with the implication being "we're the good people" should not shock anyone over ... say ... 35 years old.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ACEB36TC:

I got SLAMMED here about ten years ago for saying the Repubs needed to get in the ditches and fight dirtier than the Dems. They didn't and here we are.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ACEB36TC:
I do not believe I’m the only conservative who still believes that taking the high road, playing by the “rules”, trusting the process and moral victory is still a victory (even though it means nothing).  

Ditto.  I continue to fight off "coming around", but it is more and more tempting all the time.

I got SLAMMED here about ten years ago for saying the Repubs needed to get in the ditches and fight dirtier than the Dems. They didn't and here we are.

You can't out-dirty the dems. Being underhanded in service to their unexplainable utopian goals is nearly their core reason for existing. It is not for... virtually everyone else.

You beat them by *actually enforcing the rules and handing out real material punishment and losses of power and position* to those who do stuff that deserves it. This automatically targets them because they do more of that stuff.

The reason this doesn't happen is not because everyone not them are unafraid to play dirty, it's because we don't believe in doing the boring mundane stuff that puts us in the position to do it.

I'm too busy drywalling in my new house extension, the heck with getting that bureaucratic job! Real life calls!

Than, after they have all the levers of power, we get screwed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#23]

"The elite 1% individuals who make over $150,000 a year, live in densely populated areas, and have postgraduate degrees"

The criteria for the polling was not just income, it was location and education level.

RIF.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrGoodkat:
$150k is the elite 1%?

RIF.

It's not the elites.

It's the people who COULD move away from the urban hellscapes who choose not to.

Probably for some idiotic ideological reasons.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:02:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#24]
We elite now.

Then again, the very first search result that came up regarding the top 1% put that number at >590K, which makes more sense.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By FMJ3:

Reading comprehension is just atrocious on this site.    

He didn't say anyone making $150k/yr is his definition of the elite 1%.    
View Quote

Things must be commented on before they can see what's in it!

aka

"You have to pass the bill to see what's in it."
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 338winmag:

I'm guessing they don't live in the south.
View Quote
They mean banning it for those other people not themselves.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:11:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ibn_Huq] [#27]
Not elite
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Ditto.  I continue to fight off "coming around", but it is more and more tempting all the time.
View All Quotes

The "high road" was always a myth.  It was the "beat the enemy with their own rules" from that list.  Look where that got us.  Has it worked?  A loss is a loss.  We need to accept that we need to fight evenly or lose.  The left has pulled all the stops.  If we lose the House before the election...
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm surprised $150K is all it takes to be a 1%er.  I'm also surprised only 7% of 99%ers would cheat to win.
View Quote

The 99%ers are bound by rules. the 1% is not. No repercussions or accountability. Truly elite. The attitude for them is apropos.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#31]
The PDF results has a lot more crazy results.

For example.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231492/Capture_PNG-3170725.png
View Quote

this right here is pants on head
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Meadowmuffin:

Your coming around?  I am already there!       respect
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Meadowmuffin:

Your coming around?  I am already there!       respect

Agree.  I came around fast during Trump. It was obvious very quickly how entrenched the libs are and that they intend to do whatever it takes to stay there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#33]
A great follow up question would be "If it is OK for your candidate to win by cheating, would it also be OK for your candidate's opponent to win by cheating?"
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:27:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#34]
Originally Posted By jb31:

The "high road" was always a myth.  It was the "beat the enemy with their own rules" from that list.  Look where that got us.  Has it worked?  A loss is a loss.  We need to accept that we need to fight evenly or lose.  The left has pulled all the stops.  If we lose the House before the election...
View All Quotes

The actual high road that's really there - that virtually nobody uses - is enforcing the rules of the game.

America as intended is a game of baseball, but the democrats/establishment are playing murderball.

So we either force them to play baseball again, or kick them out out of the game entirely or ...

Take our ball and our bat and *leave.*

eta: for all the world it looks like we aren't going to do any of the three and we're just going to collectively stand here and get bludgeoned to death. "We" being the US collectively.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By GarandM1:
Not surprising.  And the more I see from America's wealthy elite nowadays the more I understand why French peasants sent rich people to the guillotines.
View Quote

Muh class warfare. The indoctrination has worked on you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

The actual high road that's really there - that virtually nobody uses - is enforcing the rules of the game.

America as intended is a game of baseball, but the democrats/establishment are playing murderball.

So we either force them to play baseball again, or kick them out out of the game entirely or ...

eta: for all the world it looks like we aren't going to do any of the three and we're just going to collectively stand here and get bludgeoned to death. "We" being the US collectively.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

The issue is that we let it go too far.  I agree with others in that the biggest difference in the last 5-10 years is that the veil of fairness, in politics, in the legal system, in the economy, has been lifted.  We were not playing a fair game, we just didn't know.  There are no checks and balances, the system is completely dysfunctional.  "Our team" has been secretly working with the other team.  The game is an illusion.  The people no longer control the government or politics.  By extension, the legal system and methods to right the ship.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

If only one side of any conflict is bound by the rules, the result is a foregone conclusion.  To remain engaged in such a situation voluntarily is sheer lunacy - or treachery.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

That should sound alarm bells if it's Sunstone claiming they know how to poll people.

Oh wait.. the guy is printing a new show. Lol.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Yeah, I’m not feeling it as I eat my $0.54 cup of noodles at work that I brought from my house that consists of 1,700 sf.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By TotalNovice:

That should sound alarm bells if it's Sunstone claiming they know how to poll people.

Oh wait.. the guy is printing a new show. Lol.
View Quote

Haven't had a chance to watch the video.  Is that what it is?  LoL if so, way to play to the audience.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Not by itself:

individuals who make over $150,000 a year, live in densely populated areas, and have postgraduate degrees

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:
It is liberals that are fine with it, has nothing to do with income.
View Quote

Income is one of the factors. High income, post grad education, high population density = white leftist in most cases.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Gator:

Right here shows you the liberal indoctrination is working.  

These are the people you would think are smart and educated, and as such would see through the smokescreen that FJB has been an objectively terrible president.
View Quote

They have specialized skill sets and live lives only loosely connected to reality.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By DonS:

Not by itself:

individuals who make over $150,000 a year, live in densely populated areas, and have postgraduate degrees

View Quote

Aggregating 20 disparate surveys to artificially create a sufficient sized sample pool of individuals that match near non-sensical criteria to "survey" is called fucking with the numbers to reach a predetermined conclusion.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#46]
$150k wasn't even elite or top 1% 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By HighPlains1911:

Yea when people talk about they 1% what they are actually telling you is they’re retarded.

Any sort of extraordinary level of influence is probably  occurring more at the .0001% or something.
View Quote

This poll is basically about the class of people who are strong Democrat voters. They are not "elite" in the sense of having particularly high levels of power. But they are an elite class of sorts that benefits from Democrat power and enable it.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#48]
1% is $650k a year, used to be 400k.

$150k yr is middle class.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:25:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PatriotAr15] [#49]
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:

He needs a helicopter ride.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
Originally Posted By TheLookingGlass:
My brother in law is jut like this. He makes a little over a million a year and says he has no problem with ballot stuffing and other means of cheating at elections as long as it keeps Trump and other conservatives out of office. He also freely admits he sees nothing wrong with using lawfare against trump and his supporters.

He needs a helicopter ride.
I fucking *HATE* Rich liberals.
In my experience, no one abuses their workers worse than a rich piece of shit liberal.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

It’s not
That math is fucked
Maybe $150k gets you the 1% of Mississippi
View Quote

It isn't only based on income.

They are polling a slice of the population that behaves a certain way. By selecting for those three characteristics, they can identify them.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top