BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vaughn4380:
I see this a lot in my job. Caseworker appears to be a youth services caseworker and the brat even asks at one point to be taken to the youth services office. Brat probably turned 18 recently and is no longer eligible for youth services after that, thus the caseworker telling her to get out of car and mentioning the age to the officer.

Bouncing around the system as a young teen with no consequences for poor behavior has taught her to respond how you see in the video. She will most likely amount to nothing and continue to be a drain on society. Not to defend the brat, but she most likely has never been taught how to respond like an adult.
View Quote

She'll end up turning tricks for a fix.

Her pimp will teach her respect.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Currahee:
Things did not work out for her.
View Quote

Her self perception finally just met her reality.

Jeez, behaved like a spoiled five year old, pitching a fit in the toy aisle.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#3]
You all missed the medium-size picture: she was going to a hotel with no money to meet "a friend."

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By skankwhisperer:
Australian hospitals have psych wards for these sort of patients. There are a lot  them. People are triaged, medicated if needed and assessed. If they are thought to be having a psychotic episode they are then admitted for a stay until they are settled. And connected to social workers and case managers. Its not perfect though, but there is a system in place. If you have private insurance its the same deal, just a nicer ward.

They are dealt completely separate to medical.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wganz:
In Australia, the hospital would have probably admitted her, put her into a padded room and sedated her.
US hospitals have neither staff nor space to put up with such BS. Don't want to comply and cooperate with exam? Then out the door so that we can take care of the next patient that is truly sick.
Australian hospitals have psych wards for these sort of patients. There are a lot  them. People are triaged, medicated if needed and assessed. If they are thought to be having a psychotic episode they are then admitted for a stay until they are settled. And connected to social workers and case managers. Its not perfect though, but there is a system in place. If you have private insurance its the same deal, just a nicer ward.

They are dealt completely separate to medical.

I don't see what a psych ward would do for her. She isn't psychotic.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I kind of want to go to Dreams in El Paso and see if I can get some dances.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:58:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By corwin1968:
I just thought it was sad.  An eighteen year old with mental health issues and likely low IQ, with nowhere to go, getting put out on the street.  I'm sure she's scared shitless.   I'm not condoning her actions, but I can sympathize with her situation.  I spent eight years hearing my wife's stories about situations like this.  I couldn't have handled that when I was that age.
View Quote
It really is pitiful. Mental illness and self medicating with who knows what. No telling what a urine drug screen would turn up.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:08:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Turn off the body cams and mics and address the problem appropriately. Enough is enough.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Most likely she aged out of foster care.  While in custody of foster care she probably bounced around lot and that fucks up kids.  Most of the foster kids that age out have nowhere to go and the foster family no longer wants them because the payments of $25 - $30 a day stops. So they have to leave and the foster family gets another child.

So what happens after they age out and have to go out on their own?  Covenant House is an option if they are lucky. Many become homeless.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:35:59 AM EDT
[#14]
She could make an honest living as a stripper.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:55:36 AM EDT
[#15]
The full body restraint was impressive.  I wish we had those when I was a patrolman 30 years ago.  Then they broke out the retard helmet.  Holy shit that was awesome.  I was laughing my ass off at that one.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:56:24 AM EDT
[#16]
This will be a great thread to save so you can compare the responses to the next police video with an 18 year old acting crazy and resisting arrest.

But next time it will be some 18 year old black guy or black girl. Or 18 year old Hispanic guy or girl that might be overweight and not attractive.

Can't wait to see the same 5 pages of compassionate responses talking about how we shouldn't laugh because it's not funny, how they must have had a rough life, how they must have been a victim of abuse, how the foster system must have failed them, how you wish there was mental health help available, wondering what led up to this.

You know, just general empathy and sympathy like we see in many of the posts in this thread.

In this thread there no name-calling, no comments describing her as "feral" or an "animal."

So based on the responses in this thread, I'm sure that next thread with the non-white girl will have the same 5 pages of compassion?

Right?

Don't agree with me? Go re-read this thread from page 1. Look at all of the compassionate responses wondering what led up to this, how people here feel sorry for her, and wish she was able to get help.

This is how humans should respond to a lot of police videos similar to this. You should have compassion and empathy for everyone having obvious mental issues, not just a cute white girl with nice teeth.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:49:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#17]
While I guess a better mentally adjusted person might feel bad for her first - I felt bad for the long list of adults who tried to help her before this and the abuse they undoubtedly were forced to endure.

The police officer mentioned at some point early in the video that that she was already known by the police for similar behavior - I will try to find the time code in the video later.  My bet is the system has been trying to "help" her for years, and for years she has not changed her ways because they work for her.  It sounded to me that she got fired from her job as a stripper - she probably assaulted a client.  She has major issues with authority figures, probably not just male authority figures - but having issues with men would make a job at a strip club difficult I guess, nothing like hating to be touched and having a job to entertain drunk men.

I am sure she has been abused some, most likely is a substance abuser as well.  But likewise, I have no doubt that some of her shit is a direct consequence of her not taking responsibility for her actions.  Perhaps her mental development is so stunted that she can not take responsibility for her actions as well.
---
Perhaps the system can "fix" her, but I have serious doubts.  Once upon a time maybe she would have been confined to a convent - but they would have probably tried to exercise her and that would have just been one more scar on her shattered reality.
---
One other thing I had to think about - I wonder how damn much that full body restraint has to cost.  Sucks to be a post Floyd cop.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:59:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#18]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:She's semi-cute if she cleaned up, nice teeth, and an 18 year old girl.

So of course we have a bunch of people feeling sorry

Yet if this was a different type of 18 year old doing the same exact thing in a video, every comment would be "Get this feral animal off the streets" with zero compassion.
View Quote
Its no secret pretty/attractive people get more favor in life than ugly people. Since time began Im sure.

ETA: just saw your post above. Are you an ugly people advocate? Or just pointing out the hypocracy?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:11:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:
This will be a great thread to save so you can compare the responses to the next police video with an 18 year old acting crazy and resisting arrest.

But next time it will be some 18 year old black guy or black girl. Or 18 year old Hispanic guy or girl that might be overweight and not attractive.

Can't wait to see the same 5 pages of compassionate responses talking about how we shouldn't laugh because it's not funny, how they must have had a rough life, how they must have been a victim of abuse, how the foster system must have failed them, how you wish there was mental health help available, wondering what led up to this.

You know, just general empathy and sympathy like we see in many of the posts in this thread.

In this thread there no name-calling, no comments describing her as "feral" or an "animal."

So based on the responses in this thread, I'm sure that next thread with the non-white girl will have the same 5 pages of compassion?

Right?

Don't agree with me? Go re-read this thread from page 1. Look at all of the compassionate responses wondering what led up to this, how people here feel sorry for her, and wish she was able to get help.

This is how humans should respond to a lot of police videos similar to this. You should have compassion and empathy for everyone having obvious mental issues, not just a cute white girl with nice teeth.

View Quote
Some of us humans would call anyone who acts like this a "feral animal", regardless of their race. Some of us also recognize patterns among certain groups of people that would preclude the notion of "obvious mental issues". It's not that complicated. And fwiw, I don't see any of that here - just a spoiled rotten little bitch with a massive case of self-entitlement.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:37:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By mayday:
Thats what happens when you're never told NO as a child and your parents treat you as your buddy.  

View Quote

Will probably go with the above. She's been allowed to behave like that, or told its ok.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:02:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By corwin1968:
I just thought it was sad.  An eighteen year old with mental health issues and likely low IQ, with nowhere to go, getting put out on the street.  I'm sure she's scared shitless.   I'm not condoning her actions, but I can sympathize with her situation.  I spent eight years hearing my wife's stories about situations like this.  I couldn't have handled that when I was that age.
View Quote

I agree with this assessment
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:20:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#22]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
Its no secret pretty/attractive people get more favor in life than ugly people. Since time began Im sure.

ETA: just saw your post above. Are you an ugly people advocate? Or just pointing out the hypocracy?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:She's semi-cute if she cleaned up, nice teeth, and an 18 year old girl.

Yet if this was a different type of 18 year old doing the same exact thing in a video, every comment would be "Get this feral animal off the streets" with zero compassion.

Mostly pointing out everyone's inconsistency relating to how they view perpetrators in police videos.

Here we have a video of an 18 year old girl acting like a raging lunatic resisting arrest and not a single comment regarding feral/animal/dindu etc.. in the last 5 pages.

Instead we have a bunch of people acting compassionate, wondering what led up this moment, wishing she could get help, wondering how the system failed her, etc..

Just general empathy and sympathy for her situation rather than name-calling.

Wish we could have the same compassion for similar police videos in the future. Again similar, not someone shooting at cops or on high speed chases.

Similar situations where someone is obviously going through a mental health crisis (or possibly drugs) and a majority of the posts are compassionate towards their situation.

Trying to show people how everyone's compassionate reaction is simply because she's a semi-attractive white girl with nice teeth.

In the future have that same compassion and no-name calling for anyone in that situation, regardless of their skin color or appearance.

World would be a much nicer place.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Mostly pointing out everyone's inconsistency relating to how they view perpetrators in police videos.

Here we have a video of an 18 year old girl acting like a raging lunatic resisting arrest and not a single comment regarding feral/animal/dindu etc.. in the last 5 pages.

Instead we have a bunch of people acting compassionate, wondering what led up this moment, wishing she could get help, wondering how the system failed her, etc..

Wish we could have the same compassion for similar police videos in the future. Again similar, not someone shooting at cops or on high speed chases.

Similar situations where someone is obviously going through a mental health crisis (or possibly drugs) and a majority of the posts are compassionate towards their situation.

Trying to show people how everyone's compassionate reaction is simply because she's a semi-attractive white girl with nice teeth.

In the future have that same compassion and no-name calling for anyone in that situation, regardless of their skin color or appearance.

View All Quotes

I wasn't very empathetic, toss her into a 3rd world country and get punched in the face a few times by people sick of her shit and I'd bet her attitude would change entirely. Juvies are assholes and when they aren't a juvie anymore, many have a hard time realizing their ass kissing by others is at an end.

She may have issues but I'd also say much of her behavior is learned because the system taught her she could get away with it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By fxntime:

I wasn't very empathetic, toss her into a 3rd world country and get punched in the face a few times by people sick of her shit and I'd bet her attitude would change entirely. Juvies are assholes and when they aren't a juvie anymore, many have a hard time realizing their ass kissing by others is at an end.

She may have issues but I'd also say much of her behavior is learned because the system taught her she could get away with it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fxntime:

Right!?!

And I said the best thing for her and society was that she OD's on fentanyl. That's not exactly super empathetic and compassionate.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Society will never heal until we bring back mental institutions

Unfortunately at the rate that we're going it's going to be the communists who bring them back. And it's not going to be pretty.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#26]
This is why we need more social workers.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Kihn:
This is why we need more social workers.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Ghostface:
I'm soooo glad that I retired last year.....sooooo glad.....
View Quote
Oh that makes two of us, I retired in late '19. The last one of those I had came out at warp 9 and made a one point landing. She was lucky it wasn't one of the female officers that did it, that normally involved a sap or flashlight. It's one of those days I wished they would have issued us Thorazine.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:11:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jos51700] [#29]
I disagree that she's mentally ill. She's just mind-fucked because she just realized, for the first time in her young and privileged life, that she does not have the control in the world that she thought she did. Her view of the world is conflicting with reality, and she can't reconcile.

Sad part is, she has come to that realization far more easily than most.

ETA the helmet, and her reaction to them taking photos of it....priceless.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

Was wondering why she didn’t ride the lightning when he couldn’t get her out of the car….
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:
Originally Posted By Cyblade:
Not enough taser and pepper spray. Should have tasered her until her brain got jump started.

Was wondering why she didn’t ride the lightning when he couldn’t get her out of the car….

Taser training, case law and a lot of police policy.

Can’t tase someone who is in control of a vehicle. Remember that kid that crashed his ATV running from the cops when the cop shot him through the window with a taser? He fucked up everything for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jos51700:
I disagree that she's mentally ill.
View Quote

"A personality disorder is a mental health condition where people have a lifelong pattern of seeing themselves and reacting to others in ways that cause problems. People with personality disorders often have a hard time understanding emotions and tolerating distress. And they act impulsively.
On top of her world falling apart, she's def mentally ill.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#32]
When I was a kid in the late 80s, our church was helping out a teenager whose family had kicked him out and he was homeless. He had absolutely no one. No friends no family nowhere to turn. He joined the Marines. What else could he do?I guess that’s just not a viable option for many young people today between drug abuse and mental health problems.

When my daughter graduated from basic training, there was a kid in her group who had nobody. No relatives showed up for graduation. I guess he was an orphan who had grown up in foster care. We were going to invite him to go out to dinner with us and kind of celebrate with him a little bit, but I’m pleased to report some other family beat us to the offer.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Once the democrats finally get their wish and wreck Western society, she is an example of someone who will be sucking dick for a bowl of soup.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:37:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brownbomber] [#34]

Right?

View Quote

The enlightened centrist speaks.

Roughly half the posts in this thread are cruel mockery.

You're delusional (actually, you're probably just a liar).
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:30:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#35]
I'm of the opinion that she has had plenty of opportunities.  She could have found a semi-shit job, gotten tuition at a junior college for free, gotten her state stipend and improved her life.  She could have joined the military and improved herself.  She could have stripped and given the occasional BJ for extra tax free money.  Along any one of these paths she could have been nice to an incel and gotten someone to pay for half her rent and expenses.

This is all assuming that she is not a druggy (which is a bad choice) or actually suffers from an mental illness (maybe not a choice) neither of these things are in evidence and simply conjecture.  But she has it better than 75% of the world already... and this is how she acts.  

Was she dealt a shittier hand than me?  Well, I had parents that worked hard and gave me opportunity, so yes.  But she has the cute girl card, which if played right gives her plenty.  She lives in the land of opportunity, which puts her way above many.  She could be a Muslim in Chyna.  She could live in a small town in Eastern Ukraine.  She could be sex trafficked by the Cartels.  She could have her clit cut off in The Gambia.  On and On and On.  

She is 18 years old and treating the people trying to help her like shit.

If I feel sorry for anyone in that video, she's last on the list... after the cops, the social workers, and the hotel workers.  But I really don't have much empathy.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#36]
holy shit that was wild. That's a legit crazy person. bring back the asylums.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#37]
ently
Originally Posted By Pallas:
View Quote

apparently not, Dreams fired her lol
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By APBullet:

Most likely she aged out of foster care.  While in custody of foster care she probably bounced around lot and that fucks up kids.  Most of the foster kids that age out have nowhere to go and the foster family no longer wants them because the payments of $25 - $30 a day stops. So they have to leave and the foster family gets another child.

So what happens after they age out and have to go out on their own?  Covenant House is an option if they are lucky. Many become homeless.
View Quote

This is all true.

Also, using phrases like "aged out of foster care" and several other things in this post indicates first-hand knowledge of the system.

System is broken beyond fixing.

Some states like TX tried to privatize and it was the same people screwing it up as contractors as there were as guvmt employees.

There is no fix outside dads being stand up married dads and quit being worthless trash people.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:05:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#39]
Originally Posted By brownbomber:

View All Quotes

Right?

Half the posts are positive too.

In most police threads, 100% are negative. You never see any positive posts about how the system failed them, how it failed, wishing that person could get mental help, wondering how the person got in this situation, mentioning how this situation makes them feel sad, just basic empathy and sympathy.

Instead, if it's some screaming person, 100% of the posts are talking about the person being an animal, feral, jungle, "put a bullet in them" with not one single post about compassion.

It's 100% cruel mockery in every other thread.

Rarely do you have threads like this with half the people showing compassion or feeling bad for the person. That's all I'm saying.

Wish more threads had varied comments rather than 100% "Put this feral animal down."  

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Sacrosanct-Potato:

This is all true.

Also, using phrases like "aged out of foster care" and several other things in this post indicates first-hand knowledge of the system.

System is broken beyond fixing.

Some states like TX tried to privatize and it was the same people screwing it up as contractors as there were as guvmt employees.

There is no fix outside dads being stand up married dads and quit being worthless trash people.
View Quote

I agree that the most important thing to civilization is the stable two parent family... your last sentence is pants on head retarded.

#1 You seem to blame it all on the dudes, when the system is very much rigged against them.

#2 It is no fix because it would literally take 1-2 generations to see a result, even if everything became magically better this afternoon.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#41]

In most police threads, 100% are negative. You never see any positive posts about how the system failed them, how it failed, wishing that person could get mental help, wondering how the person got in this situation, mentioning how this situation makes them feel sad, just basic empathy and sympathy.

Instead, if it's some screaming person, 100% of the posts are talking about the person being an animal, feral, jungle, "put a bullet in them" with not one single post about compassion.

Rarely do you have threads like this with half the people showing compassion or feeling bad for the person. That's all I'm saying.

Wish more threads had varied comments rather than 100% "Put this feral animal down."  

View All Quotes

Right?

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Grown people acting like toddlers with a loaded diaper.

And the comments are full of sympathizers.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#43]
This unit is broken, red tag it and send for disposal.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#44]
I can fix her.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Professionalism, they gots it.  I probably would have done "ask tell make" a bit faster but he was probably just stalling for reinforcement.  Their restraints are really top notch.  I hope they got some overtime out of it.

Oh, and somewhere out there is a knight in shining armor who thinks he can save her.  That'll spawn a domestic call spoken of in hushed tones for a thousand years.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Pallas:
View Quote

Apparently not.  The Case worker said something about her being fired from Dreams which is a strip club.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#47]
I see a few comments here that rip into the foster care system.

I know of a couple who were foster parents, and who adopted 8 children from the foster system.  All of the kids who they adopted have issues.  Some have minor issues, and some have nightmarish issues (personality disorders).  None of the issues came from the couple who fostered (and later adopted) them.

I know that it's anecdotal, but my point is that I don't know how much the foster system is responsible for the issues that many see in the youth that go through it.

The woman in the video may have issues despite the efforts of foster parents, and not because of them.  She may just be antisocial (psychopathic).
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#48]
If the squeaky wheel gets the grease ?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#49]
In the words of the great philosopher, David Puddy:  "That chick is whacked man"
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Her "crime" was not getting out of a state vehicle.  Not exactly a violent crime.  She didn't just shoot up a birthday party, or Kansas City Chiefs parade, rob a store and beat the clerk, trash or burn someone's business down, kill an innocent in a drive by shooting, or do something else really violent.

The chick is whacked, but only a threat to herself.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top