User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Coopmandu:
Originally Posted By ricko1:
Mental illness as a lot of different forms. Wanting a dude to stick his dick up your ass is just one of them.
View Quote
That sounds like a confession.  Usually projection is.
There's a bunch of self loathing closeted gays in this thread.
View Quote
Wow, now there's a golden oldie. Liberals have been trotting out that hackneyed premise for about as long as I can remember.
A straight man finds homosexual activity unpalatable, he must secretly be gay. Did you have to drop the gas tank and clean out the lines to get that one started?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ricko1:
Mental illness as a lot of different forms. Wanting a dude to stick his dick up your ass is just one of them.

Wait, are you serious?

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#3]
It  a base for further perversion as much as weed is a gateway drug, which is to say not at all.  Gays existed for ever living normal gay lives . This new shit we are seeing is flat out mental health crisis ..
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I know this might sound crazy but I don't spend a lot of time thinking about gays.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I dont pretend to know what is in another persons heart. Try to control those things i can and TRY to not worry about those i cant control.

To try to answer what you asked, i think there are good and bad people of all races, sexual preferences, ethnicities... some have more perversion than others
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:56:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheAffiliate] [#6]
Originally Posted By jmt1991:

But what if you have no physical attraction to a female?

Just like conjoined twins, not every human is born 'perfect'.
With some, they are born gay, there are many factors.
My brother was born gay.  I knew that there was something different about him, but I didn't care because he was my brother.
In some ways, we were always 180 degrees apart.  He had fantastic study habits, was artistic, outgoing, etc.
But he died in 1991 of AIDS, so that will make many here happy.
The sad part is that my kids missed the greatest uncle they could have ever had.
View Quote

No one is "born"gay. Just like no one is born to murder. We may have the capacity of such things but there was much much more that brings us to those realities. There are situations as a child develops their identity. No child has a physical attraction to a peer. Your brother did not conclude at 6, "I am not attracted to females". What happened was a disassociation. They are identifying markers/ sorted/misplaced/held frozen, and trauma has a way of mistepping memories and our identifying core of who we are/who we see ourselves as/who we become. May I ask, was there trauma of any kind, death, separation,overpowering caregiver, abuse...?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#7]

So true. This place has turned gayer than a Turkish bath house. Damn.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#8]
No, homosexuality is not the base for further perversion.  Lack of belief and adherence to a greater diety which provides moral standards is.  Hay-Seuss got it right the first time but if you belong to some religon that offers morality (basically the golden rule and the Holy Ten that Moses toted down) you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:38:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TheAffiliate:

No one is "born"gay. Just like no one is born to murder. We may have the capacity of such things but there was much much more that brings us to those realities. There are situations as a child develops their identity. No child has a physical attraction to a peer. Your brother did not conclude at 6, "I am not attracted to females". What happened was a disassociation. They are identifying markers/ sorted/misplaced/held frozen, and trauma has a way of mistepping memories and our identifying core of who we are/who we see ourselves as/who we become. May I ask, was there trauma of any kind, death, separation,overpowering caregiver, abuse...?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheAffiliate:
Originally Posted By jmt1991:

But what if you have no physical attraction to a female?

Just like conjoined twins, not every human is born 'perfect'.
With some, they are born gay, there are many factors.
My brother was born gay.  I knew that there was something different about him, but I didn't care because he was my brother.
In some ways, we were always 180 degrees apart.  He had fantastic study habits, was artistic, outgoing, etc.
But he died in 1991 of AIDS, so that will make many here happy.
The sad part is that my kids missed the greatest uncle they could have ever had.

I listen to this guy quite a bit:

Episode 164, March 24, 2024

That's just the latest episode.  It doesn't necessarily have anything pertinent to the subject being discussed in this thread.

He's gay, and said that he had a quasi-romantic attraction to boys since he was a young child.  He is *extremely candid* about the negative mental state of the gay population, and has explicitly stated that he's one of the few gays who will admit that a traumatic or dysfunctional upbringing can influence one's sexuality.  His abusive mother meets the diagnostic criteria for both Narcissistic and Borderline Personality Disorders.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I eat it like a gentleman.

The Snickers Bar | The Pledge Drive | Seinfeld

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Norm Macdonald Gay Pride Joke
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

There is plenty of deviance and perversion practiced and openly celebrated by "straight" members here. If one were to argue a ladder theory, would make sense to start there.

There's a social mindset issue at play. Those who reject the values and "restriction" imposed by historical mores seek any opportunity to overturn what they see as repressive and backward attitudes and practices. Such people won't stop... anywhere, really. But, to somehow fixate on same sex attraction as the cause is just... odd. There's something else at play here.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SBR300BLK:
Tricky, but my suspicion is you're focused on a dependent variable, to advise that correlation is not causation, and suggest that the causative variable is likely common to all of the perversion in question.

And yet, could it not be a ladder of deviance climbed one rung at a time? Evil acts tend to become progressive, it's not a binary start and stop.

There is plenty of deviance and perversion practiced and openly celebrated by "straight" members here. If one were to argue a ladder theory, would make sense to start there.

There's a social mindset issue at play. Those who reject the values and "restriction" imposed by historical mores seek any opportunity to overturn what they see as repressive and backward attitudes and practices. Such people won't stop... anywhere, really. But, to somehow fixate on same sex attraction as the cause is just... odd. There's something else at play here.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but please show me the male whore-mongers, who visit strip clubs, and fly to south America to bang 3 hookers at a time...*DEMANDING* access to our kids for storytime?
Please show me the male whore-mongers demanding we criminalize criticism of their lifestyle choices.
Please show me the male whore-mongers demanding special privileges, demanding to be accepted by force of law. Please show me the male whore-mongers who are vandalizing churches and shooting up christian schools out of "retribution" for daring to accept their lifestyle.

That being said, I'm not saying you dont bring up a valid point. There *IS* hypocrisy when it comes to this issue.

But I remember many years ago, I remembered being scolded by a handful of Christians at a poker game... because I was on a dating site. "You dont trust God. You should get off those dating sites, and just trust God to drop a wife in your lap someday!" Not even 30 minutes later, some gay guy showed up bragging about his ass orgy... and the Christians turned around and started affirming him, and telling him how happy they were for him.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:30:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miles_Urbanus] [#14]
Originally Posted By floridahunter07:

Spot-on. I've got probably half a dozen gay friends, some are acquaintances and some are die-hard, lifelong family friends (known them for 20+ years, done almost $1.7M in business with them, stayed in their homes on vacation, had them at our holiday dinners and been invited to theirs, been invited to come visit whenever I want with my family when they moved out of the country last year to be closer to their own families again, etc). To a man/woman, they just want to be left alone. A few of them, I had no idea were even gay until years after I met them because they were single. I don't go around discussing someone else's sex life or relationship issues, outside of very close friends who share that information when necessary because they want an opinion on something.

Somehow we landed on this topic one time when I was at the one couples' house that I've done business with before - I'll never forget when he laughed about it being a choice (something I also think is ridiculous, I could not "choose" to be attracted to men anymore than I could choose to fly to the moon without mechanical assistance) and asked if people really thought they'd go through all the hate and hassle they face if it were a CHOICE. Kinda struck a chord with me and stayed in the back of my mind as a solid point for the last decade or so.

I've also met "the alphabet people" in terms of the organized crowd, and they're totally different animal that uses protected status to claim victimhood while they try to pit people against those they hate (other minorities, whites, cops, whatever the flavor of the week is). I don't put all people of the same sexual orientation in the same group simply because of those experiences, but... there's no way EVERY gay person is a pedophile. I find it kind of ironic that the same people who claim that, become absolutely irate when you point out the amount of child sexual abuse that has occured at the hands of entities like the Catholic church.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By floridahunter07:
Originally Posted By colklink:

I think legalized pedophilia is the goal of the organized LGBTBBQ crowd, but I don't think the average gay person is for pedophilia. I think they are just gay and want to be gay.

Spot-on. I've got probably half a dozen gay friends, some are acquaintances and some are die-hard, lifelong family friends (known them for 20+ years, done almost $1.7M in business with them, stayed in their homes on vacation, had them at our holiday dinners and been invited to theirs, been invited to come visit whenever I want with my family when they moved out of the country last year to be closer to their own families again, etc). To a man/woman, they just want to be left alone. A few of them, I had no idea were even gay until years after I met them because they were single. I don't go around discussing someone else's sex life or relationship issues, outside of very close friends who share that information when necessary because they want an opinion on something.

Somehow we landed on this topic one time when I was at the one couples' house that I've done business with before - I'll never forget when he laughed about it being a choice (something I also think is ridiculous, I could not "choose" to be attracted to men anymore than I could choose to fly to the moon without mechanical assistance) and asked if people really thought they'd go through all the hate and hassle they face if it were a CHOICE. Kinda struck a chord with me and stayed in the back of my mind as a solid point for the last decade or so.

I've also met "the alphabet people" in terms of the organized crowd, and they're totally different animal that uses protected status to claim victimhood while they try to pit people against those they hate (other minorities, whites, cops, whatever the flavor of the week is). I don't put all people of the same sexual orientation in the same group simply because of those experiences, but... there's no way EVERY gay person is a pedophile. I find it kind of ironic that the same people who claim that, become absolutely irate when you point out the amount of child sexual abuse that has occured at the hands of entities like the Catholic church.

Isn’t most of the Catholic Priest sexual abuse homosexual in nature?
Situational homosexuality is real. It’s a spectrum from the “I was born this way” to “this one time in prison”.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top