BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:15:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Orion10182011:

We can't.  Though we are building fabs as a contingency.  Probably too f---ing late though.
View Quote

Definitely gonna be career opportunities there if these young kids would be willing to try something else besides Tik Tok influencer or Only Fans streamer

But apparently you have to work weekends and holidays on top of M-F 9 to 5

https://www.wral.com/amp/21343159/

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:16:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#2]

100% of the politicians that will be sending our kids off to die won't be involved either.  So what's your point?
View Quote

? Going off GD hardly anyone has or in some case even wants kids

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:22:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#3]

100% of the politicians that will be sending our kids off to die won't be involved either.  So what's your point?
View Quote

My point btw is if all the people screaming draft and troops on the border were actually serious they would have invested time in researching the situation with Taiwan rather than making outdated references or trying to somehow tie the situation to talking points that have zero to do with Taiwan.

If someone jumps into a football discussion then tells me Michael Jordan is their all time favorite quarterback or that football is the reason illegals are capsizing the arctic to make it seem like climate change is real, then I’m not going to take those people seriously.

That or if they ask how many yards Johnny Unitas has passed this year, I’m also gonna be

No different than when politicians say guns with shoulder thingys that go up are weapons of war to be banned get eye rolls from ARF

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By USMCTanker:
I hate to be cynical, but I was never confident that the CHIPS Act was anything more than a money laundering operation to pay off corporate political donors in the tech / chip industry.

I drive by a plant with several fabs that used to manufacture DRAM, but they moved operations overseas.  The fabs sit idle.  Why aren’t they being brought back online?  Then I hear Biden’s DEI requirements are making the beneficiaries of the legislation reconsider following through with domestic production.  Surprise!

Where did the infrastructure for Intel, AMD, TI, Micron and others go?  Why can the existing fabs not be equipped with new tooling for renewed production?  I used to talk to the regional VP for AP Jeff Fletcher at FAB 3 where I worked.  Does Applied Materials not exist anymore?  I met him the first time as an A-6 pilot giving CAS training at Ft Sill but lost contact with him.  

The workforce was probably 95% worker bees and 5% engineers, so surely it’s not like finding educated engineers to do the grunt work in wet tech, dry tech, production control, etc. is holding up production.  

Something doesn’t add up. What’s going on?

View Quote

They’re still in business. I used to drive by their HQ when I was in Silicon Valley

https://www.appliedmaterials.com/
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

So just like the cadre of Putinbros, we're going to see more Xibros getting more pushy. Great.
View Quote

Absolutely, it’s on every and any social media. I’ve heard from a friend that she occasionally even sees it pop up in her knitting sewing chat room sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:39:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#7]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

They’re still in business. I used to drive by their HQ when I was in Silicon Valley

https://www.appliedmaterials.com/
View Quote

The one in Santa Clara?  I remember how empty their parking lot was after they had a big round of layoffs.  I also used to drive by there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#9]
We have to protect Japan and Toyota.   I'm okay with nuking any nation that forces me to buy an American brand car.  

There are just lines that should never be crossed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:56:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#10]
Originally Posted By JaredC1:

The biggest thing I miss about having a membership isn’t the green arrows.

It’s the ignore feature.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JaredC1:
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Fuck taiwan. Fuck china. Fuck iran. Fuck ukraine. Fuck russia. Fuck israel. Fuck Palestine. Fuck all of them.
Should we preemptively move all US forces out of the Pacific and let China know they are free to take Taiwan and it will not be contested by the US?

Not our circus not our monkeys. We should close all bases in taiwan and the middle east and anywhere else where we are hated. It's time we stop policing the world and start taking care of our own. Let them fight their own battles and solve their own problems.

Oh I know what's coming next, 'But day makes 99% of all da cheeps we use in our electronics.' Who. Fucking. Cares. We're perfectly capable of making our own shit. We should start doing it again.

Fuck taiwan.

The biggest thing I miss about having a membership isn’t the green arrows.

It’s the ignore feature.

Awww... I'm sorry my opinion on the matter doesn't line up with yours. It's OK to have dissenting opinions. Want me to buy you a memebership?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:00:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThrustMyStoma] [#11]
we will not have a choice.

also first time in america's history conus strikes and danger to civ pop will be in play.

get out of debt, get any major household repairs or purchases done.  buy ammo bc ammo is gonna go extinct along with a majority of imports.

you heard it here first
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By zentradi:
We have to protect Japan and Toyota.   I'm okay with nuking any nation that forces me to buy an American brand car.  

There are just lines that should never be crossed.
View Quote
GD pay attention this is how you gripe
Saving Private Ryan "Gripe"
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ThrustMyStoma:

also first time in america's history conus strikes and danger to civ pop will be in play.

get out of debt, get any major household repairs or purchases done.  buy ammo bc ammo is gonna go extinct along with a majority of imports.

you heard it here first
View Quote

Not even close.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RikWriter:

Not even close.
View All Quotes

you heard it here first

Not even close.
i am in a position to know more than you. i am not wrong.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#15]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_1938_jpeg-3171070.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_1944_jpeg-3171071.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_1938_jpeg-3171070.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_1944_jpeg-3171071.JPG
Thats probably all the same people in here who say "WEF wants to depopulate the world"
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Thats probably all the same people in here who say "WEF wants to depopulate the world"
View Quote

I was informed kids are irrelevant and the the WEF only wants them {some of the people posting about that} Africans - irrelevant, Taiwanese all irrelevant, children irrelevant, what ultimately only mattered was taking them out then the WEF could control the world was I believe how it was explained
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes

you heard it here first

Not even close.

Anyone can say that, but what I meant was, this wasn't even close to the first time I'd heard it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Tough question for me, honestly. If i'm being selfish - no, i'm not interested in a large scale war against an opponent that is both near-peer and has nukes.

But long term, control of chip manufacturing would secure the future for China with the rest of the world becoming virtual vassal states. A return to China as the middle kingdom. But it would take long enough that I probably wouldn't feel much of the effects in my lifetime.

Truthfully, I think China has the stronger hand here. The US would have a decent shot at winning the war but there just aren't many people who feel strongly enough to die for an island on the other side of the planet. But its a strong symbol of nationalism for China so I think their population would be much more motivated. If it was the 90s, we could have won without much losses. Those days are over and even winning would still be costly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Zergling:

Truthfully, I think China has the stronger hand here.
View Quote

Nope.  Japan and South Korea could stop them without our help.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Hope you are right but hope even more that we will never find out one way or the other.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Hope you are right but hope even more that we will never find out one way or the other.
View All Quotes

I doubt we will.  And I hope we're both right about that, since even if China loses, it'll fuck up the world economy in a huge way.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
View Quote

There’s already been 1 “fighting to protect Taiwan from China invasion is fighting for globe homo post that I screenshotted earlier”
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:21:19 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Apparently Seoul and Tokyo are less confident about that per their meeting with State, SecDef and Seoul floating the idea of acquiring nukes until Team
Biden put the Kaibash on that
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Apparently Seoul and Tokyo are less confident about that per their meeting with State, SecDef and Seoul floating the idea of acquiring nukes until Team
View Quote

And why would either take China on alone unless they had absolutely no choice? Both countries would have catastrophic damage to their infrastructure and potentially tens of thousands of civilian casualties. Soul or Tokyo won’t be fighting alone if it goes down. We will be there
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:

And why would either take China on alone unless they had absolutely no choice? Both countries would have catastrophic damage to their infrastructure and potentially tens of thousands of civilian casualties. Soul or Tokyo won’t be fighting alone if it goes down. We will be there
View Quote

Team Trump also weighed in https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2024/02/28/japan/politics/donald-trump-alexander-gray-japan/
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:Apparently Seoul and Tokyo are less confident about that per their meeting with State, SecDef and Seoul floating the idea of acquiring nukes until Team
View Quote

Why would any other nation pay any attention at all to American leaders telling them not to pursue nukes? After Ukraine? It's absurd.

If I was Taiwan, I'd get a program ready to produce a test bomb ASAP to demonstrate, then continue with fissile material until I have enough to turn all of China's urban areas to empty wastelands. Relying on American support is a sure recipe for destruction, which Ukraine has proven. And Iraq. And Libya. And South Vietnam. etc.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Why would any other nation pay any attention at all to American leaders telling them not to pursue nukes? After Ukraine? It's absurd.

If I was Taiwan, I'd get a program ready to produce a test bomb ASAP to demonstrate, then continue with fissile material until I have enough to turn all of China's urban areas to empty wastelands. Relying on American support is a sure recipe for destruction, which Ukraine has proven. And Iraq. And Libya. And South Vietnam. etc.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:Apparently Seoul and Tokyo are less confident about that per their meeting with State, SecDef and Seoul floating the idea of acquiring nukes until Team

When did Iraq or Libya get promised American support against an invader?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#28]

There's already been 1 "fighting to protect Taiwan from China invasion is fighting for globe homo post that I screenshotted earlier"
View Quote
Guess I'll check that off on my bingo card.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#29]
taiwan is literally an island of chinese that escaped the communist revolution and has politically sheltered by the US ever since. And people on this site who bitch about the marxists want to let the marxists kill more capitalists.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By UTCenturion:
taiwan is literally an island of chinese that escaped the communist revolution and has politically sheltered by the US ever since. And people on this site who bitch about the marxists want to let the marxists kill more capitalists.
View Quote

Birds of a feather flock together
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/u-s-south-korea-sign-nuclear-weapons-agreement-in-response-to-north-korean-threats

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Maybe he meant Afghanistan?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:15:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Team Trump also weighed in https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2024/02/28/japan/politics/donald-trump-alexander-gray-japan/
View Quote

I think the mango menace understands at some level the threat that the PRC poses, and he probably holds a grudge.  I just hope he doesn’t get counterproductive with the “Taiwan’s gonna pay for it” rhetoric.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:45:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Back in the real world, fights may come to you whether you want them or not.

We have assets on Guam that are likely to be targeted immediately by China if they invade Taiwan.

Is it your opinion we should withdraw all assets from the Pacific preemptively so we can be sure our assets won't be struck?
View Quote

We have nuclear weapons, on subs. That alone keeps the fights at bay,

How about our “allies” get off their fat, lazy, fat, incompetent, fat, cowardly asses and build up their defense?

How about Japan, 2nd best Korea, Taiwan, And the Aussies(and Kiwis) develop Nuclear weapons and make this entire point moot?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:46:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#35]
View Quote

Iraq gave up WMDs. US invaded. Okay, it was more complicated than that, bad example.

Libya gave up WMDs and was cooperating. US/UK/France invaded.

Those two are a little more fuzzy, but the clear lesson of North Korea and Ukraine is, never give up your nukes!

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Isolationism won’t work in the long run. It will only make it worse. I don’t think we have a real choice if China makes that move if they don’t strike US assets in the initial phase of an operation. They strike Taiwan and US ? It’s on. 2025 to 2026 are going to be interesting years
View Quote

Go play Band of Brothers yourself. Ok? Looking at the end results of the last 2 world wars you are nuts to think this will end in anyway that benefits us.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:02:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Dagoth-Ur:

Go play Band of Brothers yourself. Ok? Looking at the end results of the last 2 world wars you are nuts to think this will end in anyway that benefits us.
View All Quotes
Isolationism won’t work in the long run. It will only make it worse. I don’t think we have a real choice if China makes that move if they don’t strike US assets in the initial phase of an operation. They strike Taiwan and US ? It’s on. 2025 to 2026 are going to be interesting years

You're right, WW2 did nothing to benefit us...except basically put us in charge of the free world for the next 70 years and grow the economy as never before in the history of humanity.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#38]

We have nuclear weapons, on subs. That alone keeps the fights at bay,

How about our “allies” get off their fat, lazy, fat, incompetent, fat, cowardly asses and build up their defense?

How about Japan, 2nd best Korea, Taiwan, And the Aussies(and Kiwis) develop Nuclear weapons and make this entire point moot?
View Quote

Such pearls of wisdom, what a shame such insight has not been shared before with these allies. Hopefully their governments discover this thread and your post
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#39]
It's not a yes or no question.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By PissedMick:

I think the mango menace understands at some level the threat that the PRC poses, and he probably holds a grudge.  I just hope he doesn’t get counterproductive with the “Taiwan’s gonna pay for it” rhetoric.
View Quote

Hard to say with leaders. I laughed my ass off when I saw pics of my family eating dinner next to Trump. My Gramdmother was a 1930s Roosevelt Democrat hard core feminist in her later years but by the time she was eating next to President Trump her Alzheimer’s was severe so I don’t think she had any idea who he was or that he was even the President
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:21:08 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Truthfully, I think China has the stronger hand here.

no. neither country has standoff hgv defense worth a shit
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#42]
I think Taiwanese chicks are hotter than Ukrainian chicks, so I vote yes. Also weather is warmer and the food is better.

Until we get a decent war going in Columbia or Venezuela, I think this is where we should fight.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Our fault for letting the NWO Rinos ship our manufacturing over seas. You can pay up now or in the future. Taxpayers always foot the bill.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Just joining the conversation.  And I never post, as you can see.  BUT ...

The Republic of China (ROC) tied up 1 million Japanese soldiers during WW 2 in a futile resistance that devastated the country.  Think Nanking.  That exhausted Nationalists army then had to immediately deal with a communist insurgency as the Pacific War ended.  Think of how the Pacific War might have turned out if not for that Japanese second front.  How many more GIs would not have come home?

The exhausted remnants of the ROC army retreated to Taiwan to re-form the Republic that exists today.  The US never got involved in the Chinese civil war with the Asian communists, though we sure did in Korea and Viet Nam.  If we had aided the Nationalists, would those wars have ever occurred?

My point is, do we owe payback to the ROC for a debt we never paid?  Perhaps.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Look at history.  You either fight sooner or later
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#46]
If we let china take Taiwan, they won’t stop there. The entire pacific will be taken by china. We do to china like we did to Japan. Nuke the bastered! No need to send troops.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Yes.  

Fake concern for Taiwan,

move the chess pieces to demonstrate as much,

Use inflatable raft aircraft carriers to lure enemy focus.

Strike the heart of Japan with false Chinese flag.

Assist Japan with fighting China.

Insert false Putin puppet to Surrender to Ukraine and have Ukraine lead western front attack on China.

Have Ukro-Japanese leaders approach and Co-opt corrupt liberal US elements.

Form a secret cabal of new world
Order leadership,.

Meet on the newly renovated Epstein Island Resort and Spa for Elite World Potentates.

Redirect secret surprise asteroid to strike island creating new deep water atol with barrier reef memorial for the fallen heroes of civilization.

Redesignate the ATF role as Island memorial fish and game environmental protectors.  

Redirect new asteroid.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#48]
If China strikes US assets as part of their campaign against Taiwan, should America fight back or withdraw from the Pacific?
View Quote

How about withdrawing from the Pacific so that US assets aren't there to be struck?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Taiwan is of primary strategic importance to the US and China is hell bent on destroying the US

The US is indolent and will pay a dear price for its naivete against China. The fentanyl crisis is China, the hacking, the funding of Russia, the destruction of the US Dollar, all of those and many more are designed to ruin the US

Then again, who needs China to destroy the US when we have Americans? We are responsible for our own decline: poor education, drugs, corporations with zero patriotism, wokism, disastrous economic policies since Nixon
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:06:17 AM EDT
[#50]
If we let China take Taiwan  we will all see real fast how important they are yo our technological needs. In short China will own us.
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top