Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ll delete my ARF account AND pay $1,000 to anyone willing to wager $1,000 or their favorite rifle and delete their account {account must be 2017 or older} if the USA manufactures the equivalent of Taiwan 3nm microchips in quantities the United States needs only for domestic uses before the year 2030

Any takers?

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
I’ll delete my ARF account AND pay $1,000 to anyone willing to wager $1,000 or their favorite rifle and delete their account {account must be 2017 or older} if the USA manufactures the equivalent of Taiwan 3nm microchips in quantities the United States needs only for domestic uses before the year 2030

Any takers?

View Quote

sucker bet.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:16:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#3]
Originally Posted By madwis15:

We have no bases in Taiwan.
Actually it kinda is our circus since we fucking created the problem for them long ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By madwis15:
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

Not our circus not our monkeys. We should close all bases in taiwan and the middle east and anywhere else where we are hated. It's time we stop policing the world and start taking care of our own. Let them fight their own battles and solve their own problems.

Oh I know what's coming next, 'But day makes 99% of all da cheeps we use in our electronics.' Who. Fucking. Cares. We're perfectly capable of making our own shit. We should start doing it again.

Fuck taiwan.

We have no bases in Taiwan.
Actually it kinda is our circus since we fucking created the problem for them long ago.

Great! We shouldn't have any assets in Taiwan.

So the taiwanese people bear no responsibility for their own country? Bullshit. They need to fight their own war for their own country. The US probably has weapons, vehicles and ammunition it could leave behind when it pulls its units out, there's the only support they should get.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the Chinese demographic cliff a real thing? Is there a way to contain things until they implode? Can Christians In Action start a color revolution in China?

There should be a lot of ways to keep a stand up fight from happening, we should be doing that while making smart decisions about our military.

But, rainbows, dog masks, and unicorn farts seem to be the tenor of the day.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#6]

So the taiwanese people bear no responsibility for their own country? Bullshit. They need to fight their own war for their own country. The US probably has weapons, vehicles and ammunition it could leave behind when it pulls its units out, there's the only support they should get.
View Quote

What is it about "We don't have any assets in Taiwan" that you don't seem to grasp?   There is no us units. Just attaches and probably marines guarding the unofficial embassy. Weapons and equipment is limited to a very small amount of infantry kit and some civilian vehicles.

The conversation about pulling out gear is about Guam As the Xi Jingping has a stated goal of removing all US military presence west of Hawaii, by whatever means necessary.
Its forgone conclusion that if China moves against Taiwan its opening act is going to be strikes on Guam and possibly even Pearl Harbor.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it strategically important in terms of chips? Or can we produce substantial quantities on our own? That's the answer
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 96Ag:
Is the Chinese demographic cliff a real thing? Is there a way to contain things until they implode? Can Christians In Action start a color revolution in China?

There should be a lot of ways to keep a stand up fight from happening, we should be doing that while making smart decisions about our military.

View Quote
IMO we need to delay China from attacking through 2035. At that point their demographic issues will hopefully be large enough to prevent external attacks.

To avoid war we should be building up our capabilities ASAP and appearing strong enough that direct conflict is highly unlikely to be have a favorable outcome for China. Hopefully that will be enough to prevent them from striking Taiwan and more importantly enough to prevent them from striking us directly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By staringback05:
Is it strategically important in terms of chips? Or can we produce substantial quantities on our own? That's the answer
View Quote
Currently we cannot produce the chips we need.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:29:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#10]
Originally Posted By Tyvar:

What is it about "We don't have any assets in Taiwan" that you don't seem to grasp?   There is no us units. Just attaches and probably marines guarding the unofficial embassy. Weapons and equipment is limited to a very small amount of infantry kit and some civilian vehicles.

The conversation about pulling out gear is about Guam As the Xi Jingping has a stated goal of removing all US military presence west of Hawaii, by whatever means necessary.
Its forgone conclusion that if China moves against Taiwan its opening act is going to be strikes on Guam and possibly even Pearl Harbor.
View All Quotes

So marines aren't US assets? They don't have vehicles, weapons or ammunition? Oookkkkk then.

Which is it? Are there no personnel there or are there? I don't give a fuck if it's a full base of men, weapons and shit or if it's one guy with a pistol and a bicycle that's marked "Property of the US government" guarding the only piggy wiggly. They don't belong there.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:29:21 PM EDT
[#11]
A real administration would tell China where to get off without need to strike anything.
Good thing the adults are in charge now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#13]
The thread title asks one question.  The poll asks another.  The thread OP asks yet another.

Wtf.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:33:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tyvar] [#14]

So marines aren't US assets? They don't have vehicles, weapons or ammunition? Oookkkkk then.

Which is it? Are there no personnel there or aren't there? I don't give a fuck if it's a full base of men, weapons and shit or if it's one guy with a pistol guarding the only piggy wiggly. They don't belong there.
View Quote

Are you seriously arguing about ending the embassy guard detachments around the world?  Should we just close up all the US embassies then?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Are you seriously arguing about ending the embassy guard detachments around the world?  Should we just close up all the US embassy's then?
View All Quotes

Which is it? Are there no personnel there or aren't there? I don't give a fuck if it's a full base of men, weapons and shit or if it's one guy with a pistol guarding the only piggy wiggly. They don't belong there.

Are you seriously arguing about ending the embassy guard detachments around the world?  Should we just close up all the US embassy's then?

In places we don't belong and don't want us there, sure.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#16]
FUCK CHINA!!!! DEATH TO ALL COMMIES

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Why should our kids fight and die for Apple, NBA, Nike, Microsoft, Wal-Mart and others?  

They built up China.  China was nothing but shithole just 30 years ago.

They wanted cheep labor.  

They sent our technology there to be stolen and used against us.  

They kept dealing with China even as China set up laws forcing them to transfer more wealth and technology to China.

They transferred jobs from the US to China fucking over the average American

They could have placed more factories in Mexico or Central America, but didn’t.

They paid off politicians to look the other way and allow this.

Send the children of NBA players, and the wealthy executives to fight and die.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Disturbed - No More [Official Lyrics Video]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Lets just rip the bandaid off.

Let them have taiwan and theyre just going to keep going, gobbling up small countries when they think they can get away with it. Hell, taiwan has better voting integrity than us.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I think we should do a First Strike against Communist China and get it over with.

Bomb/Destroy all their Military assets and all infrastructure as much as possible.  

We shouldn't let them get us first!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#21]
As long as the war pigs on arfcom are first in the meat grinder
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#22]
History shows that if we say we won't, an aggressor will try.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:
As long as the war pigs on arfcom are first in the meat grinder
View Quote
Guys like you will get drafted after our failure to prepare leads them to attack us.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:24:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GarandM1] [#24]
Originally Posted By 96Ag:

View Quote
No, that's Peter Zeihan copium.  China is not going to collapse any time soon.

Let me ask you this:  South Korea, Japan , and Taiwan  have even worse demographic pyramids than China  does.  Are they going to implode?

Even with their demographic decline, China still has about 2X more military-aged males than the US, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Australia combined.  As long as they can keep making weapons they will eventually overwhelm us in any conventional war.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I would prefer my children not die for a chinese civil war, same as a slavic civil war.

Zero ukrainians, chinese, russians would be willing to come here and defend me in a US civil war.

Buy guns if you want to win a fight.  We sell guns.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:35:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#26]
Originally Posted By konger:

But why? He never answers the question.
View Quote

I think he has an email and phone number available to the public. https://www.vance.senate.gov/office-locations/

But 1/2 of GD could attempt to primary him I guess
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:37:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Any takers?

View Quote

It wouldn't happen.  

That is why I said it would be better for us to nuke Taiwan rather than have it fall into the hands of China.  The Chi-coms want to control the world's chip fabrication.  If they were to manage that, we'd be fucked and completely at their mercy. It would be better to start WW3 at that point.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#28]

I think he has an email and phone number available to the public.

But 1/2 of GD could attempt to primary him I guess
View Quote

Assuming most of the half are US voters

Or kick off the electric boogaloo now and preempt US involvement that way but I ain’t holding my breath on civil war 2 happening this decade
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:39:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:
Simple flowchart for me.

Is the invaded area a US State or Territory? If Yes => War. If No => No war.
View Quote

So only the War of 1812 was justified in your book, huh?

I’m sure that strategy would have been popular
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Guys like you will get drafted after our failure to prepare leads them to attack us.
View Quote

so i won't be seeing you on the front lines? how very boomer of you
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:40:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#31]
No! Everyone will just be hungry for more war an hour after having this one.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Not our circus not our monkeys. We should close all bases in taiwan and the middle east and anywhere else where we are hated. It's time we stop policing the world and start taking care of our own. Let them fight their own battles and solve their own problems.

Oh I know what's coming next, 'But day makes 99% of all da cheeps we use in our electronics.' Who. Fucking. Cares. We're perfectly capable of making our own shit. We should start doing it again.

Fuck taiwan.
View All Quotes
Fuck taiwan. Fuck china. Fuck iran. Fuck ukraine. Fuck russia. Fuck israel. Fuck Palestine. Fuck all of them.
Should we preemptively move all US forces out of the Pacific and let China know they are free to take Taiwan and it will not be contested by the US?

Fuck taiwan.

The biggest thing I miss about having a membership isn’t the green arrows.

It’s the ignore feature.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Absolutely. It’s one reason we should have never wasted even one nickel or round of ammunition on that Soviet civil war in the cesspit of Europe.

Russia is not a credible threat outside of nukes, and hasn’t been in decades. They’re impotent.

China is significantly more dangerous with much greater capacity to destabilize Taiwan, SE Asia, and the United States.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:

so i won't be seeing you on the front lines? how very boomer of you
View Quote
I'll have been there several years already. Won't be my first rodeo. Might be my last.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Dumak:

It wouldn't happen.  

That is why I said it would be better for us to nuke Taiwan rather than have it fall into the hands of China.  The Chi-coms want to control the world's chip fabrication.  If they were to manage that, we'd be fucked and completely at their mercy. It would be better to start WW3 at that point.

View Quote

The US wouldn’t nuke allied civilians, not Trump as CinC nor Jim Jordan or even Matt Gaetz
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Slightly different question that I expect will give very different answers.
View Quote

Your question in the title is not the same as in your OP, hence the confusion.

Sure if US assets are struck by China in anticipation of their invasion of Taiwan, it's game on.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Did we give our word to do so?  A man/Nation is only as good as their word.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll have been there several years already. Won't be my first rodeo. Might be my last.
View Quote

I plan to load up on DPRK souvenirs, might even list a few on EE if it comes to pass

Except their goofy hats, I doubt anyone would want that crap
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Could we even win a war with China in defense of Taiwan? it's like 100 miles off the coast of mainland China, well in the range of missiles launched from land...

But no, it doesn't really make any sense to get in a fight with China over Taiwan. Japan, South Korea, Australia, maybe. The Philippines, hell no. If Taiwan get's invaded it would be far cheaper to just blow up the chip factories and build them here in the States VS fighting some brutal war with China where Taiwan is destroyed anyway and we spend billions of dollars and lose tens of thousands of lives. Sending American troops to die for Taiwanese chip manufactures is the height of lunacy. Fight the battles you can win, and win decisively.

The best weapon we probably have against China would be our subs, and they are actively trying to find ways to counter that in the South China sea.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By livfreely:
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By livfreely:
View Quote

Yep https://www.congress.gov/bill/96th-congress/house-bill/2479

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Fuck no only defend our country.  Bring our war machine home and our money. Enforce our borders and take the money and fight cancer.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone who thinks we're not responding militarily if China invades Taiwan is an idiot.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By BroomSlayer:
Could we even win a war with China in defense of Taiwan? it's like 100 miles off the coast of mainland China, well in the range of missiles launched from land...

But no, it doesn't really make any sense to get in a fight with China over Taiwan. Japan, South Korea, Australia, maybe. The Philippines, hell no. If Taiwan get's invaded it would be far cheaper to just blow up the chip factories and build them here in the States VS fighting some brutal war with China where Taiwan is destroyed anyway and we spend billions of dollars and lose tens of thousands of lives. Sending American troops to die for Taiwanese chip manufactures is the height of lunacy. Fight the battles you can win, and win decisively.

The best weapon we probably have against China would be our subs, and they are actively trying to find ways to counter that in the South China sea.
View Quote

Right now? I suspect we could.  Japan and South Korea have a strong interest in not seeing it fall.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By belchfire:
Fuck no only defend our country.  Bring our war machine home and our money. Enforce our borders and take the money and fight cancer.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Procyon:
If only Taiwan would let its citizens put a rifle behind every blade of grass.
View Quote

That and shotguns to shoot down the drones.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By RikWriter:
Anyone who thinks we're not responding militarily if China invades Taiwan is an idiot.
View Quote

The initial salvos of the war would be hitting US and allied bases. The idea we could sit on the sidelines probably isn't realistic.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#48]
"Hacked by chinese"
Remember that meme?

Honestly, any serious shooting with China will go from 0 to 4000 in about half a second. Pussy setting home fretting about being drafted will be ash on what's left of his floor before he has another chance to bitch.

Oh and Fuck Xi. Fuck China.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Ruin:

That and shotguns to shoot down the drones.
View Quote

PAC 3 is overrated anyway

https://focustaiwan.tw/politics/202301300023
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#50]
They make the advanced AI chips that we need to keep an edge over the Chinese. That's why they have a hard on for it (aside from their long standing grudge). They need that fab plant terribly bad.
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top