They should've made Daggers with flat glock style triggers from the beginning

The M&P style triggers suck dylan mulvaney ladydick

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By drw1006:
Confused..

It is a Sabre or a Dagger?

These are two different types of edged weapons...
View Quote

Jus postulating here- a sabre is a sword = longer reach = rifle line, while a dagger is a close range weapon = pistol line. Never seen this mentioned at all but it would make sense.

Though I understand that the PSA Sabre line is also supposed to be the "upper tier" line as well...so maybe that is way off or reading too far into things.

I'd take a woodland complete frame.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
The woodland is the one that caught my eye as well.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:28:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: konger] [#5]
@konger They're Glock gen 3 clones with a few tweaks. Polymer frame and striker fired.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By konger:
Striker fired?
Aluminum frame or polymer?
@konger They're Glock gen 3 clones with a few tweaks. Polymer frame and striker fired.

Thanks! Well…I guess that’s not all bad. Not a huge Glock fan, but those certainly do look snazzy. I’d like to see an aluminum frame option. Similar to the aftermarket Wilson version for the P365. Maybe two tone FDE frame and black slide or vice versa. Not big on the gold barrel. That looks pimptastic. I’m in for anything PSA. They’ve been nothing but good to me and my favorite black rifle company.
ETA: just looked again and the grip angle doesn’t look the same. Anyone?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:49:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Thanks! Well…I guess that’s not all bad. Not a huge Glock fan, but those certainly do look snazzy. I’d like to see an aluminum frame option. Similar to the aftermarket Wilson version for the P365. Maybe two tone FDE frame and black slide or vice versa. Not big on the gold barrel. That looks pimptastic. I’m in for anything PSA. They’ve been nothing but good to me and my favorite black rifle company.
View All Quotes
Striker fired?

The grip angle is the best part of this pistol.  I haven't had my real G19 out of the safe since I got my first Dagger.  It is leaps and bounds better than the factory Glock grip.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By dlshady:

The grip angle is the best part of this pistol.  I haven't had my real G19 out of the safe since I got my first Dagger.  It is leaps and bounds better than the factory Glock grip.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dlshady:
Striker fired?

I hated my G20 grip and any other Glock I’ve tried that friends had. Just a terrible bit of engineering for an otherwise well engineered piece.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:04:52 PM EDT
[#8]
@PalmettoStateArmory
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gator:

Oh man, a PSA Sabre 10mm in Franklins print would be money.

https://images.gunsinternational.com/listings_sub/acc_62274/gi_100685961/100685961_62274_E490983FBD13CCF7.JPG
@PalmettoStateArmory

@JBecker_72 Now you did it atting them... you probably cost me money.  If they do them I have to get 2.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:12:50 PM EDT
[#9]
That blind guy did a killer job with the presentation. PSA not only bringing arms to the masses but empowering the different abled with jobs
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:16:09 PM EDT
[#10]
The sunglasses distracted me. How are they configured?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got a Dagger Full-size S that has been utterly reliable. I rebuilt my 17 and still prefer the Dagger.

I really hope now that Gaston is gone we will see some much needed overhauling of Glock frames.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Signig:
Do a micro Sabre in woodlands. I’ll throw my money at you PSA.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:

Seriously I don't get the holes in slides fad, that's just more machining and more ways for debris to cause a malfunction.

The Tin finish is stupid as well. I will be happy when these fads die.

I do love PSA and the fact they give customers what they want though, so I'll let it slide.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:
Originally Posted By SHONUFF:
Love what PSA is doing…but damn those are fucking ugly.

Seriously I don't get the holes in slides fad, that's just more machining and more ways for debris to cause a malfunction.

The Tin finish is stupid as well. I will be happy when these fads die.

I do love PSA and the fact they give customers what they want though, so I'll let it slide.

weight reduction to make up for RDS and use of standard springs/guide rods.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:38:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CleverNickname] [#14]
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
That blind guy did a killer job with the presentation. PSA not only bringing arms to the masses but empowering the different abled with jobs
View Quote

Actually I thought it was a pretty bad video.  The announcer did OK I guess, but the script and videography could be better.  For example:

A tin barrel?  I would think that steel would be a requirement.  Click To View Spoiler
What's a "skew"?  Click To View Spoiler
:24 nice wear marks on the demo gun's magwell.

:32 "the first SKU we're going to have is going to be our M81 Desert".  Uh, you literally just showed me a black model.  This is your second model.

1:33 "*Optics sold separately".  So the Surefire lights shown throughout the video are included?  I'm guessing not, but again, some people will probably be angry they don't get the light shown.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:45:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA-Minuteman] [#15]
Anyone know a price?

Also is this going to be a compact or full size?

Looking at that woodland
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I love how they are following the exact same plan as canik.  Flood the market with super cheap guns then pivot to more expensive one with significantly higher profit margins.  Well played.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:09:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Available on the 5th for 14.9 seconds, and sporadically after that for 3 to 5 second intervals for the next year in a half or so.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BURN:

View Quote
Not necessary. No difference in recoil springs between Glock MOS and regular slide.

It's for looks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like a Walther PDP Pro got it on with a Glock slide
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:32:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Please just produce more of the Micro C-1's, that's all I want

@palmettostatearmory
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:36:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll wait for the Sabre Katana Claymore Dagger model.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:05:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 4FishLimit:
Love the frames, but I’m more of a plane, no window cut slide kind of guy.
View Quote

This...
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By atavistic:
Starting at...?
View Quote

999.  Lol
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:07:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SAE:

999.  Lol
View All Quotes
Starting at...?

999.  Lol

Is that a real figure?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:
The sunglasses distracted me. How are they configured?
View Quote
I'm not certain, but I think they have flared magwells, PMags with +5 extension, and flat faced aluminum triggers.  I could be wrong though, they weren't very clear.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ThEWayOftheGUn1:
Putting Shadow Systems on notice....
View Quote

No.

Shadow Systems has a mag release that's not obnoxiously small, they have the best optics mounting system in the industry, their irons cowitness beautifully without being very tall, and they have the most comfortable frame I've ever felt on a polymer pistol.

If the price of the Sabre Dagger is anywhere close to a SS Foundation Series gun, the SS is still the better choice.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:27:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GiveMeBackMyBullets] [#27]

999.  Lol
View Quote

Is this accurate?

A $600 markup for a TiN barrel, flared magwell, aluminum flat faced trigger, and mag extension? Edit: And the bag, can’t forget the bag!

I was expecting these to come in around $600.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Poors rejoice!

999.  Lol
View Quote

Poors dejoice.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Your1Savior:

Is that a real figure?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Your1Savior:
Starting at...?

999.  Lol

Is that a real figure?
that a hard no from me dawg if true
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#30]
The woodland one reminds me of Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow and Sam's kit.  Cool!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#31]
so a tricked out race gun for acting like you're getting faster splits when you're showing off on IG then for looking all flashy gangster when it goes up on FB marketplace 2 months later? make sure to include salt life stickers in the package
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Can anyone tell me what this means:

"Doctor Cut Optics Mount"

From this page:   https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-dagger-compact-9mm-pistol-with-extreme-carry-cut-doctor-slide-non-threaded-barrel-2-tone-flat-dark-earth.html

I'm going to Charleston in a month or so, God help me!

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:13:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RoccoOnFire] [#33]

Red dot compatibilty, taken from the PSA forums:

Here is a break down of what we know works with each slide cut pattern:

DOCTER FOOTPRINT:
ADE Advanced Optics RD3-006B Huracan, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-009 Crusader, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-012 Delta, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-013 Bertrillium, Athlon Midas TSR1, Burris Fastfire 2, Burris Fastfire 3, Delta Optical MiniDot, Delta Optical MiniDot II, Docter Sight C, Docter Sight II Plus, Docter Sight III, Docter QUICKsight 5.0 VR, Hawke Reflex 1 25, Leica Tempus, MAKdot 1 25, Noblex Sight C, Noblex Sight 2 Plus, Noblex Sight III, Noblex Sight G, Noblex QUICKsight 5.0 VR, Sightmark Mini Shot M-Spec, Sightmark Mini Shot Pro Spec, US Optics DRS 2.0, US Optics DRS 2.0 Enhanced, Vector Optics Frenzy 1x20x28, Vomz Pilad 1 20, Vortex Viper, Vortex Venom

RMR FOOTPRINT:
Trijicon RMR, Trijicon SRO, Holosun 407C, Holosun 407C V2, Holosun 407C X2, Holosun 507C, Holosun 507C V2, Holosun 507C X2, Holosun 508T, Holosun 508T X2, Riton X3 Tactix PRD, NcStar VISM FlipDot Pro, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-019 Stingray, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-020 Raptor, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-023 Valkyrie, Swampox Kingslayer 1 22, Swampfox Liberty RMR 1 22, Swampfox Justice RMR 1 27, Vector Optics Frenzy 1x22x26

https://palmettostatearmory.com/forum/t/dagger-and-rds-compatibility/18549
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:15:36 AM EDT
[#34]

It’s spacing for RDS mounting screws, Docter/Noblex (not a typo on Docter, PSA actually misspells it) and RMR tend to be the most common, of course Glock has their own standard with MOS as well.

Of course the cut/mounting type is only relevant if you want to direct mount to the slide for a little lower profile, otherwise you can get adapter plates for just about any slide cut to optics pattern.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#35]

It’s a mounting pattern for any of the optics that have Docter/Noblex footprint, which look to be mostly junk.

This site shows the differences:

https://www.optics-trade.eu/blog/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#36]

999.  Lol
View All Quotes
Starting at...?

999.  Lol

I'm out. Good luck PSA
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#37]
I look forward to the Sabre Dagger Badger edition with OEM parts!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:50:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BURN] [#38]
Not necessary. No difference in recoil springs between Glock MOS and regular slide.

It's for looks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BURN:

It's for looks.

well split speed also.

potential life of spring due to increased mass.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Those aren't true precision barrels, right?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By RoccoOnFire:

DOCTER FOOTPRINT:
ADE Advanced Optics RD3-006B Huracan, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-009 Crusader, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-012 Delta, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-013 Bertrillium, Athlon Midas TSR1, Burris Fastfire 2, Burris Fastfire 3, Delta Optical MiniDot, Delta Optical MiniDot II, Docter Sight C, Docter Sight II Plus, Docter Sight III, Docter QUICKsight 5.0 VR, Hawke Reflex 1 25, Leica Tempus, MAKdot 1 25, Noblex Sight C, Noblex Sight 2 Plus, Noblex Sight III, Noblex Sight G, Noblex QUICKsight 5.0 VR, Sightmark Mini Shot M-Spec, Sightmark Mini Shot Pro Spec, US Optics DRS 2.0, US Optics DRS 2.0 Enhanced, Vector Optics Frenzy 1x20x28, Vomz Pilad 1 20, Vortex Viper, Vortex Venom

RMR FOOTPRINT:
Trijicon RMR, Trijicon SRO, Holosun 407C, Holosun 407C V2, Holosun 407C X2, Holosun 507C, Holosun 507C V2, Holosun 507C X2, Holosun 508T, Holosun 508T X2, Riton X3 Tactix PRD, NcStar VISM FlipDot Pro, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-019 Stingray, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-020 Raptor, ADE Advanced Optics RD3-023 Valkyrie, Swampox Kingslayer 1 22, Swampfox Liberty RMR 1 22, Swampfox Justice RMR 1 27, Vector Optics Frenzy 1x22x26

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RoccoOnFire:

DOCTER FOOTPRINT:

RMR FOOTPRINT:

Thank you!  I had no idea that PSA even had a forum.  I did a search on their site on "Doctor" (with the 2nd O, as spelled on their site) but found nothing useful.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 4FishLimit:

It's spacing for RDS mounting screws, Docter/Noblex (not a typo on Docter, PSA actually misspells it) and RMR tend to be the most common, of course Glock has their own standard with MOS as well.

Of course the cut/mounting type is only relevant if you want to direct mount to the slide for a little lower profile, otherwise you can get adapter plates for just about any slide cut to optics pattern.
View Quote

Originally Posted By Subpar:

It's a mounting pattern for any of the optics that have Docter/Noblex footprint, which look to be mostly junk.

This site shows the differences:

https://www.optics-trade.eu/blog/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:24:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#42]

999.  Lol
View All Quotes
Starting at...?

999.  Lol

Even with a holosun I can't see 999 there
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SHONUFF:
Love what PSA is doing…but damn those are fucking ugly.
View Quote

if your pistol doesn't have stippling, milling, cuts, holes, camo, undercuts, ledges, and extensions on every conceivable square inch, then f uuuuuuu!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By JamesJones:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JamesJones:
Starting at...?

999.  Lol

Yeah, $1000 range opens up an big market of competition for quality guns within a few hundred dollars. At that point it's just a question of if you want a $1,000 Glock clone. It would be crazy to price these like that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:

No.

Shadow Systems has a mag release that's not obnoxiously small, they have the best optics mounting system in the industry, their irons cowitness beautifully without being very tall, and they have the most comfortable frame I've ever felt on a polymer pistol.

If the price of the Sabre Dagger is anywhere close to a SS Foundation Series gun, the SS is still the better choice.
View All Quotes

No.

Shadow Systems makes a fine pistol. I have a War Poet. But don’t sleep on PSA, they have shown they can evolve and improve their product line.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#46]

Shadow Systems makes a fine pistol. I have a War Poet. But don’t sleep on PSA, they have shown they can evolve and improve their product line.
View All Quotes

No.

That's cool, but we already mostly know what this gun is:

The tiny magazine release and the skyscraper height sights really dampen my interest in this. After that, it's the question of price point.

If it's in the $400 range, I'd still be tempted. If it's $600+, I'm all the way out.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#47]
sabre dagger sounds wrong

should just call em saggers
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#48]

999.  Lol
View Quote
Very much LOL for those of us with access to Blue Label pricing.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Striker fired?

Do Dagger slides work with P-80 frames?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By lildavid67:

Do Dagger slides work with P-80 frames?
View Quote

Yeah if Gen 3
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top