BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck all that.  

If you can't trust me and need to track my movements, we have much bigger problems.  

Phone tracks my shit enough as it is.  Don't need any more of it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
We have shared location on for everyone in the family that has a phone.

Plan for the worst and all that.

Any of us can get on maps and see where anyone else is at.

Why would anyone be worried about their spouse being able to see where they are?
View Quote

If my wife said that she wants to track me then we would end up having a discussion.

That said, our family shares location data with each other.  I agreed to become one with her for the rest of my life.  I don't really care if she knows where I am via my phone.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
My entire family uses Life 360 so any of us can see where the others are at any time.

I must live a boring life because there’s nothing for her to spy on. Went to work, okay? Had a beer at a buddy’s, okay? Went to the gun shop, okay? She would get bored if she was using it to find conflict.
View Quote

You are being a good boy. Stray from the course and she will feed you anti-freeze.

Haha kidding
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 64tinc:
NSA IS RECORDING WHERE YOU GO AS WELL AS YOUR SPOUSE. JUST SAY NO TO IPHONE.
View Quote

House - gym - House - gym - House - gym - House - gym - House - gym - House - gym - House - gym -
House - gym - House - gym - House - gym - House - gym - House - gym - House - gym - House - gym - gas station -

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

If my wife said that she wants to track me then we would end up having a discussion.

That said, our family shares location data with each other.  I agreed to become one with her for the rest of my life.  I don't really care if she knows where I am via my phone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Why would anyone be worried about their spouse being able to see where they are?

I don't understand the guys saying it's a big deal to share location. It's a security thing, if someone doesn't show up when they are supposed to you can check on them. If we are both away from home doing our own thing and we can't get ahold of the other one, it's nice to know we can at least check to see where they are.

It's not like I'm going to get scolded if she looks at it and sees me at the movies or something.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#7]
No. Hell no.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Ha, I checked my wife’s location about 30 minutes ago. I was just curious if she was on her way back from the grocery store.

Burner phones aren’t hard to obtain or conceal. If someone wants to cheat, having their location available isn’t going to prevent anything.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I have life 360 on for my wife.  I have nothing to hide and if she can't reach me she can see where I am and chill the f out LOL.

My wife trusts me as I do her.  She isn't keeping tabs.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Eject.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#12]
My wife wanted it mainly to keep track of her in case something happened. There are tones
on the phone that indicate starting and stopping. Even the dog has picked up on that. He gets
excited when he knows she will walk through the door.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#13]
My buddy had that life360 on his phone and his ol' lady tracked him.  A couple times he rode his crotch rocket to work, then on the way home, hit the highway and opened it up.  She was not thrilled to pop open the tracker and see it pegged at whatever the max speed is.  It wasn't long after that, he stopped riding his bike to work.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Or you could find out that your wifeis at a hotel at 1:30pm EST

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:35:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tep0583] [#15]
I never go anywhere that I care if my wife knows I'm at, so I wouldn't bother me all that much, depending on why she wanted it.

If it's for convenience and planning, ect. that's fine. If it's because "I'm nuts and have to know where you are 24/7", then no. (and you have FAR bigger issues than her wanting to track you)

The wife's job has her on the go a lot. Tracking on her phone would be useful, to a certain extent, due to that. Otherwise, I don't really care to know where she is 24/7, either. I generally know anyways.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#16]
My wife and I don’t track each other.

We are adults who trust their partner.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Why would I spend my aptitude worrying about what others do with tracking devices with their spouse?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By deschutes541:
Ha, I checked my wife’s location about 30 minutes ago. I was just curious if she was on her way back from the grocery store.

Burner phones aren’t hard to obtain or conceal. If someone wants to cheat, having their location available isn’t going to prevent anything.
View Quote

My wife knows that if I'm going to cheat I'm going to tell here right where I'm going and who I'm meeting.

If it's gotten that far it's all over but the crying anyway.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Really glad this tech wasn’t available when I was a teenager
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#20]
We do the life 360.  I'm not a fan of it, but hey, if it helps her sleep at night knowing where me and the kids are, so be it. I'm not up to anything that I have to hide.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Some couples do it for safety reasons.  My wife and I can track each other along with other family members.  We have nothing to hide from each other, so what's the big deal?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:40:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MissiveGenius] [#23]
My significant other and I both have tracking enabled on our IPhones, for each other.  

Benefits:
I can see how far she is from home, so I can be ready to help with unpacking stuff like groceries, as well as opening the front gate for her, when she arrives.
I can see when she arrives and leaves potentially risky activities, like picking up rent or meeting people
If she has an accident, I can see which hospital they are taking her to (this has happened 2x)
She can do the same for me. Ex, she knows exactly where I am if hunting, in case I fall out of a tree or get hurt
It will help us  know each others last position, in the event of grid/comms/SHTF issues

Negatives:
Everything is already tracked, whether you agree to it or not.

I trust my SO, and vice versa.  I don't care where she is, as long as she's safe.  I have nothing to hide from her, other than my browser history, which is for her own protection and plausible deniability.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#24]
When trust is gone, it takes proof.

Sad.

I dont trust ANYONE anymore.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#25]
My wife put that shit on our daughter's phone-wanted to put it on mine too and I said I'd disconnect the phone first.

Then she gave her sister access to my daughter's location data. When we got a phone call asking why my daughter was at school on an off day(took her grocery shopping with me( the argument was epic.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
My wife and I can both see where the other person's phone is on Google maps.  She is often in meetings all day, and sometimes has work events in the evening, and I often don't answer the phone (or forget that I turned the ringer off) - so it's a very convenient feature to be able to double-check where the person is if you cannot reach them.

I don't see it as "tracking" - i see it as a useful feature.
View Quote

People in healthy relationships will use it for good reasons.  People in toxic relationships will use them for poor reasons.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MissiveGenius:
My significant other and I both have tracking enabled on our IPhones, for each other.  

Benefits:
I can see how far she is from home, so I can be ready to help with unpacking stuff like groceries, as well as opening the front gate for her, when she arrives.
I can see when she arrives and leaves potentially risky activities, like picking up rent or meeting people
If she has an accident, I can see which hospital they are taking her to (this has happened 2x)
She can do the same for me. Ex, she knows exactly where I am if hunting, in case I fall out of a tree or get hurt
It will help us  know each others last position, in the event of grid/comms/SHTF issues

Negatives:
Everything is already tracked, whether you agree to it or not.
I trust my SO, and vice versa.  I don't care where she is, as long as she's safe.  

View Quote

The most common reason we use Find My Phone is that one of us misplaced our phone somewhere in the house.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By searchin4shacks:
Some couples do it for safety reasons.  My wife and I can track each other along with other family members.  We have nothing to hide from each other, so what's the big deal?
View Quote

Like they say, its the thought that counts.

Its one thing if the wife is tracking you to see where you're at and maybe pick up something on the way home.  Its completely different if she's tracking you because she she thinks you're lying or putting your dick where it doesn't belong.

For me, I wouldn't really care if it was just my wife who had access to that data.  But its not.  If you have any sort of location sharing/collecting data on your phone, those companies can and will be subpoenaed if the government wants it. The information will be used against you.  I'm not about to participate in that, nor make their jobs any easier.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:45:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SavedByTheBlood:
So it came up the other day that in one of our social circles( mostly people 30s-40 with kids the same age as ours) that my wife is the only one that isn’t tracking her husband’s location all the time via a phone app. Apparently all the other women have trackers on their husbands phones.

My response was kind of like what the ? I think it’s just odd these people are tracking their spouses location. Does anyone else think it’s weird to track your spouses location? Now the wife wants to put trackers on our phones and was put off because I said no. Heck I haven’t even hooked up the smart home stuff at our new house because I’d rather flip a switch then scream at the damn Alexa to turn the light on. I also found out that my boomer parents are even doing the tracker thing.
View Quote

Trust your instincts, just say NFW!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#30]
My location isn’t a secret from my wife

Except around Christmas time.  Shes sneaky
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#31]

I don't understand the guys saying it's a big deal to share location. It's a security thing, if someone doesn't show up when they are supposed to you can check on them. If we are both away from home doing our own thing and we can't get ahold of the other one, it's nice to know we can at least check to see where they are.

It's not like I'm going to get scolded if she looks at it and sees me at the movies or something.
View All Quotes

Wanna know where I am? Fucking call and ask. If I'm late getting home from work I'm probably either at a gun shop or checking one of the eagle nests I watch.

During fall I might have pulled off on public hunting land.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:47:29 PM EDT
[#32]
The only reason I would want to track my wife's phone is because she seems to lose it once a week.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Have some friends whose wives track them and of course they track their kids.

Not happening
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:48:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Wife and kids all share locations on our iPhones. Same for me. Not a big deal.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Ronnoc:
I wouldn't want mine know how frequently I am at gun stores!
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By giantpune:

Like they say, its the thought that counts.

Its one thing if the wife is tracking you to see where you're at and maybe pick up something on the way home.  Its completely different if she's tracking you because she she thinks you're lying or putting your dick where it doesn't belong.

For me, I wouldn't really care if it was just my wife who had access to that data.  But its not.  If you have any sort of location sharing/collecting data on your phone, those companies can and will be subpoenaed if the government wants it. The information will be used against you.  I'm not about to participate in that, nor make their jobs any easier.
View Quote

Don't bring your phone to crimes.  If Apple can't give them the data then your carrier can.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Wife and I share locations. Don’t need to hide from my wife.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Don't bring your phone to crimes.  If Apple can't give them the data then your carrier can.
View Quote

Sometimes crime just happens.  I'm spontaneous.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#39]
I acquiesced to it when i started riding again. She has always been terrified of my bikes, and I gave them up for a few years when we had little ones around.

It seems to calm her anxiety to be able to pull up FindMy and see if I'm still moving or not.

I'll use it from time to time to see if they are on their way home from town yet so i can start the grill.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#40]
It's gross.  We're appalled at how many of our friends track each other.  We didn't track our kids when they were in school - they're decent human beings and we didn't want them to grow up with mom and dad always watching their every move.  They needed to learn their lessons and work things out on their own.

This Orwellian bullshit is just another harbinger of the demise of our society.  Everyone wants to be everybody elses keeper.  

There are days when I just want to head out and get lost on my motorcycle.  I don't want anyone calling saying, "What are you doing there?"  If my wife needs to get ahold of me she can call.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#41]

People in healthy relationships will use it for good reasons.  People in toxic relationships will use them for poor reasons.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
My wife and I can both see where the other person's phone is on Google maps.  She is often in meetings all day, and sometimes has work events in the evening, and I often don't answer the phone (or forget that I turned the ringer off) - so it's a very convenient feature to be able to double-check where the person is if you cannot reach them.

I don't see it as "tracking" - i see it as a useful feature.

Bingo.

I'm a newly diagnosed type 1 diabetic, wife likes to see where I'm at and most importantly that I'm mobile when I should be. She also has an app to track my real-time blood sugar.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#42]
My wife and I have 360 on our phones and love it, it's nice to be able to just see how far from home they are or whatever.

Has nothing to do with not trusting one another, and everything to do with making sure we're both safe.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#43]
My wife and I share our location with one another so that if something ever happened we'd be able to find one another.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#44]
My wife and I have been sharing location data since the kids were small.  We both work late sometimes, so it is handy to know if your spouse is still at work when thinking about about supper plans.  

I can't think of any drawbacks to faithful spouses sharing location data.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#45]
So it came up the other day that in one of our social circles( mostly people 30s-40 with kids the same age as ours) that my wife is the only one that isn't tracking her husband's location all the time via a phone app. Apparently all the other women have trackers on their husbands phones.

My response was kind of like what the ? I think it's just odd these people are tracking their spouses location. Does anyone else think it's weird to track your spouses location? Now the wife wants to put trackers on our phones and was put off because I said no. Heck I haven't even hooked up the smart home stuff at our new house because I'd rather flip a switch then scream at the damn Alexa to turn the light on. I also found out that my boomer parents are even doing the tracker thing.
View Quote
Do they or your wife justify it as some sort of safety thing? So, if something happens to you or her you know where to send the cops and EMTs. Or did they just not trust their husbands?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Ironic that not only did we learn nothing from Snowden but we decided we don't need government to track each other because that's a job we will do ourselves.

Not that it even really matters anymore. I had this video come up in my suggestions a while back. Watch around 30ish mins to see the FBI zoom 350% into a security cam to show exactly how the crime played out. The previous 30 shows the exact movements downtown of the victims and perps as they are on a collision course to the shooting.

FBI's full video timeline released on the double fatal shooting outside the Altria Theater in June

Point being that as soon as the public became ok with sharing every detail of their lives, suddenly strapping a GPS to yourself 24/7 didn't seem that odd.

Tracking your spouses every movement is odd. It's creepy and stalkerish unless the person specifically asks you to watch them because their doing something dangerous IE: a night hike alone.

Those who say "but I'm not doing anything wrong so she's not gonna see anything" miss the point. It's the same as the police saying "hur durr if your innocent what do you have to worry about".

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Me and my wife share each others location. Nothing to hide here
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:04:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556NAT0] [#48]
Since my animated GIF isn't working...

"Why don't you just shove a leash up my ass - John Spartan, Demolition Man

So it came up the other day that in one of our social circles( mostly people 30s-40 with kids the same age as ours) that my wife is the only one that isn’t tracking her husband’s location all the time via a phone app. Apparently all the other women have trackers on their husbands phones.

My response was kind of like what the ? I think it’s just odd these people are tracking their spouses location. Does anyone else think it’s weird to track your spouses location? Now the wife wants to put trackers on our phones and was put off because I said no. Heck I haven’t even hooked up the smart home stuff at our new house because I’d rather flip a switch then scream at the damn Alexa to turn the light on. I also found out that my boomer parents are even doing the tracker thing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#49]
It better go both ways. If they both can track each other and thats what they want I don't see the issue.

I would hope they trust each other but it might be handy to see where they are sometimes.

But I'd be pretty irritated if it was only one way.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Tracking me would be extremely underwhelming.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top