Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:54:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By astrocreep96:
I'm at about 9 days on my f/a M16 on my trust, still waiting.
View Quote
Guy on reddit had his machine gun approved in 2 days.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By FullOtto:
Question for you guys that know.

If I submit a form(s) 4 now as an individual, and get it(them) approved quickly, can I then form a trust and transfer them over to the trust, or would I have to wait the 9 to 12 months for approval before transferring them?

Getting them in my hands quickly would be a big plus, even if it took longer to transfer them, but I'd like to have everything in a trust so other family members could use them without my having to be there.

Sorry if it seems like a dumb question, but I don't know what I don't know?

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

You’d transfer each item to the trust with another $200 stamp but retain them in your possession.

It’s a strategy. Not sure if it’s a good one.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

You’d transfer each item to the trust with another $200 stamp but retain them in your possession.

View Quote

Paying a government agency twice for a process I don’t think should exist in the first places sounds terrible to me too.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m 2 weeks in so far just waiting for silencershop to certify my suppressor to get it to the shop so they can submit it to atf I guess. Wish it would go faster so I can see if I get to get it fast like some are experiencing lately
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Originally Posted By astrocreep96:
I'm at about 9 days on my f/a M16 on my trust, still waiting.

I would shit my pants.

Maybe it will come in next week.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm at 32 days for a eform 4 trust for a TBAC 22. I'm hoping it doesn't make it to 60 days with all this chatter, but I'm not going to hold my breath (much).
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I may have made some terrible financial decisions in light of the quick approval times....(I might be waiting on six suppressors now ).

If quick approvals actually come through, I'm going to be in trouble because I don't have my mounts yet!
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DriftingArmed:
I’m 2 weeks in so far just waiting for silencershop to certify my suppressor to get it to the shop so they can submit it to atf I guess. Wish it would go faster so I can see if I get to get it fast like some are experiencing lately
View Quote

Try Capitol Armory. My last one from them I submitted the same day I purchased.

The mailed to your door wait after approval takes a couple extra weeks. It’s worth it to me though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Lhotse:
I may have made some terrible financial decisions in light of the quick approval times....(I might be waiting on six suppressors now ).

If quick approvals actually come through, I'm going to be in trouble because I don't have my mounts yet!
View Quote

Not a bad problem to have!
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

Paying a government agency twice for a process I don’t think should exist in the first places sounds terrible to me too.
View All Quotes

Okay. Thanks guys.
Paying the extra $200 wouldn't be so bad for just one item, I guess.
I'm not crazy about paying it for several items though.
I guess I'll take the plunge as an individual and when I check out my sons can inherit them.
If I understand correctly, there is no transfer fee when someone dies and NFA items are inherited?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Try Capitol Armory. My last one from them I submitted the same day I purchased.

The mailed to your door wait after approval takes a couple extra weeks. It’s worth it to me though.
View Quote

I did three at Silencer Central and the rest at Capital Armory. Capital Armory was way faster getting everything submitted, SC didn't have any open slots to certify for several weeks.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Friend told me his gun guy had one come back in 13 hrs.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Hopefully in the next week or two I might do two SBRs and a new suppressor.  I've been looking at some Huxwrx suppressors to go on my new Geissele Super Duty.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#14]
CA submitted 3 for me via trust on 311
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:13:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pilotshark] [#15]

We hang out and stuff.

Went and beat up Corn Pop’s corpse the other day. Took a minute to dig him up but the SS detail had a cooler full of beer. It was a good time, 10/10, do recommend.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I want to sbr my newly acquired scar 16. Who can point me to a compitent youtube video that breaks it down so a 3 year old can understand
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:17:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By wakeboarder:
@TheTallest
View Quote

I got my can of it jail a week ago. I'm now shopping for my second can.

@wakeboarder
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:18:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ToxicMasculinity] [#18]
I almost want to ask the government for permission to exercise a right, and pay for the opportunity to do so.

JK lol fuck that
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Running out of money is the real problem rn
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#20]
How This Might Be the Best Time Ever to Buy a Suppressor
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I have to pick up a transfer next week, maybe now is the time to get the cans I've been wanting...
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I was approved for a form 4 on 1/19/24, 374 days

Submitted a form 1 on 3/11/24, still waiting and hoping for a quick approval.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
I won't look a gift horse in the mouth but...why is this happening?
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Synopsis-of-ATF-Webinar-for-FFL-SOT-s-on-03-15-2024/17-550735/
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Question for you guys that know.

If I submit a form(s) 4 now as an individual, and get it(them) approved quickly, can I then form a trust and transfer them over to the trust, or would I have to wait the 9 to 12 months for approval before transferring them?

Getting them in my hands quickly would be a big plus, even if it took longer to transfer them, but I'd like to have everything in a trust so other family members could use them without my having to be there.

Sorry if it seems like a dumb question, but I don't know what I don't know?

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

You can transfer to a trust, but I think you'll have to pay the $200 per again.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Lhotse:

I did three at Silencer Central and the rest at Capital Armory. Capital Armory was way faster getting everything submitted, SC didn't have any open slots to certify for several weeks.
View Quote

don’t ever use silencer central in future. they suck. i made mistake of using them for first two cans. they’re miserable useless pricks.

CA & local LGS have been way better. (CA is capitol armory)
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Why do I feel like this also a setup?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

@wakeboarder
View All Quotes
@TheTallest

@wakeboarder

Oculus or Mask
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:42:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blake-b] [#28]
Originally Posted By MrMackey:
I want to sbr my newly acquired scar 16. Who can point me to a compitent youtube video that breaks it down so a 3 year old can understand
View Quote

Trust
NEW UPDATED 2023 - ATF eForm 1 GT - SBR Video Walk-Through Guide - National Gun Trusts

Individual
NEW UPDATED 2023 - ATF eForm 1 Individual - SBR Video Walk-Through Guide - National Gun Trusts

5320.23 you have to submit with either of the above
NEW - ATF 5320.23 Form 23 Video Walk-Through Guide - National Gun Trusts

I followed the trust video.  I submitted the Form 1 on 3/16 (a Saturday) and received the approval email on 3/19 (Tuesday).  Blew my mind.  The first and only other one I ever did took 4 months.

I am now waiting on some Form 4 suppressors through CA.

If you cannot understand and follow the videos and be successful, I question whether you should own a firearm.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:57:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#29]

Okay. Thanks guys.
I guess I'll take the plunge as an individual and when I check out my sons can inherit them.
If I understand correctly, there is no transfer fee when someone dies and NFA items are inherited?
View All Quotes

Okay. Thanks guys.

Correct. It would be tax exempt transfer.

The value in a trust(at least for me) has everything to do with possession while I’m still alive. My wife and I both have NFA items, if registered individually, possession/control of our items while we are alive would be needlessly complicated. I have nieces that enjoy shooting too, especially suppressed. I’d like for them to be able to use them in the future without me present too.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AndBen:
Fucked up for those of us who have been waiting months. Yes, I am hating on you all.
View Quote

Buy something else right now, it’ll probably be approved before the one you have pending.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:05:47 PM EDT
[#31]

The value in a trust(at least for me) has everything to do with possession while I’m still alive. My wife and I both have NFA items, if registered individually, possession/control of our items while we are alive would be needlessly complicated. I have nieces that enjoy shooting too, especially suppressed. I’d like for them to be able to use them in the future without me present too.
View All Quotes

Okay. Thanks guys.

That's my concern/position exactly.
Thanks for responding.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
I won't look a gift horse in the mouth but...why is this happening?
View Quote
My thoughts exactly.   Especially under the FJB administration.   Not complaining, but it seems like surely there must be a catch.   If Trump had just been re-elected, I'd understand, but under this gun-hating administration, I have to wonder if there isn't some catch to it that we are missing.
ITMT, I guess we'll just keep on buying them!
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By FETT85:
I just got my bonus and poor financial decisions are about to follow

View Quote

lol!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:58:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sartorius] [#34]
Under 48 hours for me last week on an E-Form 1.

Salad days, baby!

@BURN

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:04:47 AM EDT
[#35]
I was at my FFL today paying off my 3rd can, and was told the problem now is that demand is outstripping supply for certain brands.

Glad I ordered my last two when I did before ATF started handing out approvals like it was cool (which it is, but shouldn’t be necessary to purchase something harmless like a suppressor).

I am grateful that cans are now becoming more of a “common use” consumer product.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:26:58 AM EDT
[#36]
While I’ve only bought one through SS back in 2017, which took 16 months to get. This blows my mind, credit card is coming out!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:59:48 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm going this morning to do an eFile Form 4 for a can at the local shop. They finally use a Silencer Shop kiosk. Hopefully approval is as fast as a lot I'm seeing here lately.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:01:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mancow] [#38]
It blows my fucking mind that people will pay $200 to submit to the same procedures as an arrest to exercise a right. Obviously, I'm in the wrong here due to the exuberance.

The insane wait times weren't enough of an impediment so they got smart and decided rapid turn arounds are more useful for data collection and categorization.

The left can't meme but the right sure as fuck can strategize.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:36:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By mancow:
It blows my fucking mind that people will pay $200 to submit to the same procedures as an arrest to exercise a right. Obviously, I'm in the wrong here due to the exuberance.

The insane wait times weren't enough of an impediment so they got smart and decided rapid turn arounds are more useful for data collection and categorization.

The left can't meme but the right sure as fuck can't strategize.
View Quote

The strategy should be all that data they are keeping is subpoenaed as evidence to show "in common use" to repeal the NFA.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:55:54 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Denying yourself force multipliers out of some desire to virtue signal is not strategic thinking.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:32:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By PainefulCommonSense:

Denying yourself force multipliers out of some desire to virtue signal is not strategic thinking.
View All Quotes

Begging, paying for then eventually............. receiving a forensic identifier is a great strategic plan. I was wrong. Carry on.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:39:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By STRIKE504:

The strategy should be all that data they are keeping is subpoenaed as evidence to show "in common use" to repeal the NFA.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By STRIKE504:

Or, in contrast to the "others" indicating a right denied.

Fuck it, I can still check out Harry Potter books so who cares if this bible or or koran is a $5 surcharge. It's' literally the same thing.

(Interesting the spelling suggestions give squiggly lines on a non capital koran but not on a the word bible).

We have already lost. Just enjoy what you have for now. I have no idea why I try to even engage. Fuck it.

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:51:20 AM EDT
[#43]
I made an error above. I meant to say the left sure as fuck CAN strategize and it's evident here.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 6:20:18 AM EDT
[#44]

Oculus or Mask
View All Quotes
@TheTallest

@wakeboarder

Oculus or Mask

I have a Mask. Now I'm looking for something that can do .45/9mm.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 6:21:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#45]

Begging, paying for then eventually............. receiving a forensic identifier is a great strategic plan. I was wrong. Carry on.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EEC723A6-9863-42E8-8180-CD50882AD517-814.gif
View All Quotes

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EEC723A6-9863-42E8-8180-CD50882AD517-814.gif

I enjoy nice things. Unfortunately until the NFA is no more, it’s the cost for enjoying nice things.

The cost for breaking tax law like the NFA to enjoy those nice things illegally is having your wife shot while holding your baby, or they’ll burn you alive in your church.

I hate it too. But our previous generations have been ok with it for 90 years now. How is refusing to acquire those nice things now because 90 years of shitty previous generations allowing it to stand going to accomplish anything?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 6:34:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin76] [#46]
I'm going to wait a bit longer. If thiese short turn around times become the norm I am going to SBR my 30+ year-old Auto Ordnance Thompson to get it into proper format - basically a semi-auto M1928.

With turn around times down to under a week the market for NFA items will become less stagnant. I didn't want to risk leaving my heirs with an albatross which might take months to offload.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 6:48:04 AM EDT
[#47]

The left can't meme but the right sure as fuck can strategize.
View Quote
So are you suggesting I just go to Walmart and buy an oil filter?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 6:58:43 AM EDT
[#48]
I’m going to have a hard time not buying a couple of cans.

Who makes the best rimfire suppressor? I’ll probably use it on rifles and handguns.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:49:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#49]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
I’m going to have a hard time not buying a couple of cans.

Who makes the best rimfire suppressor? I’ll probably use it on rifles and handguns.
View Quote

While this applies to any suppressor of course. It especially applies to rimfire cans. Pick what’s important to you, prioritize that, it’ll help narrow down your options.
Stuff like modularity, ease of cleaning, lightest weights, shortest OAL/diameter.

I like modular rimfire cans. Short configuration is great on compact hosts, and gassy/dirty hosts and long configuration on everything else. I also like materials that can be ultrasonic cleaned.

Not all brands are on here but it can help when trying to compare.

I like my AAC and Rugged rimfire cans. My EA Nyx Mod 2 should be delivered to my house this week. It’ll be the lightest rimfire I own at <2.5 ounces in short mode.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:54:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
I'm going to have a hard time not buying a couple of cans.

Who makes the best rimfire suppressor? I'll probably use it on rifles and handguns.
View Quote
Thunder Beast 22 Takedown
Dead Air Mask
Oculus22
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top