BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:
What a stupid rant.

I'm not a fan of women's basketball but her situation will completely change WNBA.

She puts people in seats. Basically the women's equivalent of a Stephen Curry outside the arc.

She can bang almost half court shots but also not some cocky "it's all about me." She has a bunch of assists too.

A type of person that can read the game, offense and defense.

Hate all you want but she has the NCAA all-time scoring record, men AND women.

She beat out Pete "Pistol" Maravich!! A person they've made MOVIES about.

Plus she's inspiring. She's not on social media being a jackass, flashing fancy watches/wealth, she just fucking plays basketball.

It's a good thing for the sport and will inspire a lot of girls looking for a good "idol" type.

She's going to fill seats in the WNBA and likely raise the bar.

We're talking about a women's college athlete that is a rarity and we're seeing some special right now.

Like a Mia Hamm for women's soccer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0e7OcYphZM
View Quote
She did not beat Pistol Pete's scoring record.

Two completely different times.
No three point shot for most of petes time.
Freshman on Pete's team did not play so Pete's scoring was done in three years.

Caitlin is one hell of a player though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Next thing you know those negroes will think they can play baseball on a national level. Then it's all downhill from there.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Bellows1:
First I've heard anything about it. But yes I'm sick of it
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:

I guess you think FMO is kinda cute?    Catlin is genetic female, but damn is she manly looking. Masculine face, no boobs, no ass, etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DeltaV42:
It's it wrong that I think she's kinda cute?

I'd climb that tree for some Snu Snu.

I guess you think FMO is kinda cute?    Catlin is genetic female, but damn is she manly looking. Masculine face, no boobs, no ass, etc.

Big Mike? No thanks, but she's angry looking.

I was an athlete, spent a lot of time around female athletes growing up so always a bit more attracted to that body type (thin, some muscle without looking like a hulk) .

That picture of her playing golf looks cute. Not Playboy playmate, but I sure wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating cookies (and if she's just 6' I'm still taller than her, through not by much).
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#5]

I was an athlete, spent a lot of time around female athletes growing up so always a bit more attracted to that body type (thin, some muscle without looking like a hulk) .

That picture of her playing golf looks cute. Not Playboy playmate, but I sure wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating cookies (and if she's just 6' I'm still taller than her, through not by much).
View All Quotes
It's it wrong that I think she's kinda cute?

I'd climb that tree for some Snu Snu.

Hailey Van Lith and her braids FTW!
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#6]
What a stupid rant.

I'm not a fan of women's basketball but her situation will completely change WNBA.

She puts people in seats. Basically the women's equivalent of a Stephen Curry outside the arc.

She can bang almost half court shots but also not some cocky "it's all about me." She has a bunch of assists too.

Plus she's inspiring. She's not on social media being a jackass, flashing fancy watches/wealth, she just fucking plays basketball.

It's a good thing for the sport and will inspire a lot of girls looking for a good "idol" type.

We're talking about a women's college athlete that is a rarity and we're seeing some special right now.

View Quote

This is a terrible take. The WNBA is a terrible product. Once she leaves Iowa she will quickly become an afterthought on the national sports scene. She's a once in a generation talent no doubt but she isn't going to sell out WNBA arenas because nobody cares about that league with or without her.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By smarcus:
Pistol Pete played without the 3 point line.  With the 3 point line it's estimated that he would have scored 57 PPG for a total of over 4700 career points.  What Caitlin did was incredible but it should not be compared to Pete.  They are different games, with different rules, during different times.  

If she want's to compete in the highest level of Women's Basketball she can go to the WNBA.  If she wants to compete at the actual highest level of all basketball she should go to the NBA.
View Quote

More importantly, Pete was only able to play 3 years. He scored all his points in only 83 games.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Good for her. Wish her the best. Won't watch womens College BB nor the WNBA.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#9]
So she found a way to make a living? OK.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I think you look at the WNBA from the wrong perspective. Basketball used to be my life. I loved playing basketball and it sucked when I couldn't play anymore. I would have loved to have been able to go pro and play for the WNBA. I probably could have. In college no one came to watch women's basketball. Some of my biggest games only had a few hundred people watching and most of the viewers were the men who were made to watch. Women love to play as much as men do and they should be given the opportunity. Young girls look up to these women as inspiration for their own passions. I don't think it's fair to compare Clarke's accomplishments with men but she does deserve respect and recognition for her talent. We need to stop insisting on men and women as competitors-but adhocs have to justify their investments and stirring the shit draws attention.

There is big money in women's sports which creates a market in of itself-it cannot compete against men athletes physically or economically and it shouldn't be considered on any level. It is degrading to women. It on takes a small consideration to wonder how Clarke would have done under similar circumstances as her male counterparts. But no one ever does that. I often wonder how Labron James would have faired stepping into Wilt Chamberlain's shoes or even Karem's. Basketball has changed so much-it's a different game today than it was 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#11]
The only women's sports I ever consider watching are Olympic gymnastics, and tennis.

I have never heard of this Clark chick, and have never watched one second of the WNBA. Women's basketball is pure trash.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
I had to look it up.

White girl gets BB superstardom?

Shit ain’t right yo.
View Quote

You see the MSM is pushing this so maybe the MSM is the racist?  

How can they show a white woman as the hero in basketball?

When was the last BB white hero? Larry Bird?  But then Magic Johnson got as much or more attention.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I am glad that she is at least Straight.

If she was a lesbian, there would be even more coverage on her.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Black women> ShE tOoK ouR JoBs.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#15]
There is a WNBA? That's how insignificant it is. It took a junkie getting arrested in Russia to make the news.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By eurotrash:

Some people like to look at men or high school boys, but personally, I prefer to see college-aged women running around in shorts.
View Quote

I agree. But this is GD, and OP started a standard GD thread - women suck, women are inferior, they can't drive, they shouldn't vote, they can't compare to men, blah blah blah, which at some point becomes OH SHIT, TIDDIES, I JUST SHOT A LOAD IN MY SHORTS

I think we should change the name here to "Incel Commiseration" instead of "General Discussion."
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bullnose:

I agree. But this is GD, and OP started a standard GD thread - women suck, women are inferior, they can't drive, they shouldn't vote, they can't compare to men, blah blah blah, which at some point becomes OH SHIT, TIDDIES, I JUST SHOT A LOAD IN MY SHORTS

I think we should change the name here to "Incel Commiseration" instead of "General Discussion."
View All Quotes

Some people like to look at men or high school boys, but personally, I prefer to see college-aged women running around in shorts.

I always enjoyed watching the women's teams in college.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I’m coming around to supporting Caitlin.

However…

Have you seen her pics? I wish her well in the WNBA, but with that solid frame and handsome features she’s missing out on a promising career in farm labor. I bet she could have Hutterite bachelor farmers waiting in line for a chance to marry a sturdy girl like that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#20]
In this thread we learn who loves supporting the national level sports...which also means enabling all their woke messaging.  I have no idea who Caitlin Clark is, never heard the name before as the algorithms don't spoon feed me that content like is does some here.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:45:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m coming around to supporting Caitlin.

However…

Have you seen her pics? I wish her well in the WNBA, but with that solid frame and handsome features she’s missing out on a promising career in farm labor. I bet she could have Hutterite bachelor farmers waiting in line for a chance to marry a sturdy girl like that.
View Quote

very good point, she's 6 foot, that's great farm wife material.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:45:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eurotrash] [#22]

View All Quotes

I think part of it is closet homosexuality, part of it is jealousy, and part of it is being an incel. Whatever it is, the bitterness against women has nothing to do with Pistol Pete.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By winddummy82:
The lady has a set shot, no bout adout it. Caitlin I wish you continued success but the WNBA sucks and there's nothing you or anybody else can do about it.
View Quote

I don't even know what you are talking about.  So, No.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#24]
WNBA is always looking for their next savior.
Not even even this chick can save it.

It's a terrible product.
Now that NIL is a thing I bet she'll have made more in college than the WNBA.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:34:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: only1asterisk] [#25]

Yeah dude.

A legit female basketball player that just passed the highest college basketball scoring record, both for MEN and women.

Recently she beat out Stephen Curry's college 3 point record.

It's a big deal but tired of people playing these "Well if Robocop had to fight Predator" like who gives a shit? Can't you enjoy things in their own respected worlds?

View Quote

First you say she "beat out Stephen Curry's college 3 point record."

Then you say "Can't you enjoy things in their own respected worlds?"

You don't see the problem with this?

If we extend this thinking, there was a kid that played tee ball with my son that had a career on base percentage better than anyone in baseball.

My wife was a professional basketball player and D1 coach.   She will be quick to tell you that the men's and women's game are completely different and not comparable.

I've seen so much more women's basketball than I EVER wanted and have even been entertained on occasion.  If that is your thing, I'm glad for you.  

Ms. Clark is a great shooter and her accomplishments should be her own glory,  not a tool to poke and gibe at men that played a different game at a higher level.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Who?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#27]
who?
I thought we didn't watch sports....

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Never heard of it
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Who and I'm not looking up WNBA.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#30]
The WNBA only exists because the NBA subsidizes it. It would never exist or survive otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By g8rgunner:
The WNBA only exists because the NBA subsidizes it. It would never exist or survive otherwise.
View Quote
That doesn't make it uniimportant.  There is a market for women athletes, it is much much smaller than any male lead sport but it doesn't make the market profitless.  Men scofted at lipstick advertisements as well.  I grew up watching Karen and Larry Bird play and would have loved to play professional basketball.  That doesn't mean that I could have competed with either, even though my college scoring average was higher than both.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:47:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dissident] [#32]
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:
That doesn't make it uniimportant.  There is a market for women athletes, it is much much smaller than any male lead sport but it doesn't make the market profitless.  Men scofted at lipstick advertisements as well.  I grew up watching Karen and Larry Bird play and would have loved to play professional basketball.  That doesn't mean that I could have competed with either, even though my college scoring average was higher than both.
View All Quotes

But…you’re not man.  And it’s "sportsball", so it’s doubly irrelevant.   GD said so.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#33]
She is likely going to the Indianapolis WNBA franchise (Fever) and is dating one of the son's of the Iowa Mens Basketball coach, he works for the Indiana Pacers, see what impact she has on the WNBA.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I’ve known dozens of female scholarship basketball and/or volleyball players, and a couple that ended up in the WNBA.  If they can get paid to play, good for them.  That said, trying to compare them to male athletes is just plain stupid.  Almost every female athlete I’ve ever known agrees (maybe all).
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Slow news period, so the media is hyping Title 9 and the WNBA.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I would rather watch her play college ball than any NBA game.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#37]
If a bunch of people choose to start watching the WNBA and buying jerseys and their promoted products and increasing the revenue of the sport and the players, that would be great.

Complaining about them not making as much, while not contributing to the financial success of the league, not so much.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm really not trying to be edgy, but I haven't heard of her, then again I don't watch TV or carouse the space of faces.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#39]
What a stupid rant.

View Quote

She is a good player and shooter. Too much has been made of her beating Pete Maravich's record. Not really comparable.
Once she gets into the WNBA it will be different. They already hate her and have been making comments about how she will struggle. Can't score if your team doesn't pass you the ball and the players don't want her to be the face of the WNBA...for reasons.

Re - Pistol Pete -

1) Because of the NCAA rules that prohibited Freshmen from taking part in varsity competition during his first year as a student, Maravich was prevented from adding to his career record for a full quarter of his time at LSU. During this first year, Maravich scored 741 points in freshman competition.
2) No shot clock - Teams would hold the ball to keep LSU from having it.
3) No 3 point line. Everything was a 2 pointer and a lot of the shots he took would have been from behind the line.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#40]
a non-lesbian WNBA player kind of is a news worthy event
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:59:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#41]

She is going to kill it in the WNBA.

Show me any WNBA players that were close to her dominance in college.
View Quote

Past players?

Clarissa Davis, Diana Taurasi, Sheryl Swoopes, Tamika Catchings, Sue Bird, Chamique Holdsclaw… hell, Brittney Griner was dominant as fuck at Baylor.

All better defenders, all prolific scorers.  Clark is an excellent shooter. How she plays against elite defenders is TBD.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

Karen was before my time. Jordan was my time and then basketball was all down hill from there.

The angry old hoops fan YouTube videos bashing Lebron are more fun than the games.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:59:36 AM EDT
[#43]
I had to look it up.

White girl gets BB superstardom?

Shit ain't right yo.
View Quote

FAIL: Sheryl Swoopes Goes After Caitlin Clark AGAIN
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:45:12 AM EDT
[#44]
The only things I know about the WNBA I learned from stand up comedy making fun of it. If there's any truth to the jokes, no one watches it. Not even women. Too bad Bill Burr isn't funny anymore.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:47:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
More men have walked on the moon than women have dunked in the WNBA.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:52:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Cranky_CJ:
No not tired of hearing about her.  She is great -and great for women's sports.

I'd much rather hear her name in the news that Britney Griner.
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:53:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By LDL7071:
JFC, you're some miserable motherfuckers.

GD: Don't let trannys ruin women's sports.

Also GD: Women's sports are all completely valueless.

Nobody is saying that Caitlin Clark could take on Jordan 1-on-1. But she's is an absolutely dominant, biological female, who is crushing it in women's sports right now.

View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:57:16 AM EDT
[#48]

Iowa isn’t really a conservative state. It’s like Minnesota with less scenery and a big state fair.

However…

Is the basketball girl a liberal lesbian? I’m new to discussing her and I’m trying to get my tribal sea legs under me for this discussion.

I might still hate her, not sure yet.

View Quote

The commentary on conservative purity about Iowa is rich considering the current state of politics in Arizona. Glass houses my friend. Iowa is just as “conservative” or more these days.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:11:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
But why? She is a chick and should be playing against other women. Isn't ARFCOM (rightfully) always railing against women having to go but against tranny guys in college sports, but god forbid a woman is actually good at her sport, and then we have to hear "lets see her play against boys". This place is full of the biggest hypocritical fucking retards ever.
View Quote

The bold x1000...I can't believe how pathetic some of the responses are in this thread...a freaking embarrassment.

For those that are clueless about who she is:

1) She's not in the WNBA.  She's still playing basketball at Iowa.  In a couple weeks, the season will be over and the hype will die down.  Then you can find someone or something else to cry about.  

2) She's sells out women's college basketball games everywhere she plays.  Home and away games.  That doesn't happen.  

3) Anyone saying she can't compete with guys is an idiot for even trying to make that comparison.  No shit.  She's not going to play in the NBA.  She'd likely kick 99% of the posters on this discussion board playing basketball.  By the way, the women's teams do practice against guys and the men do struggle guarding her.  Clark vs men

4) She plays with swagger but she is very humble when interviewed.  There's plenty of interviews out there.

5) Whomever commented that she doesn't shoot as far out as Steph Curry is totally clueless...she's that far out and beyond.  The difference between the NBA and college 3-point lines are about 1'-8" at the top of the key and less on the sides.

6) She's straight, Catholic and dates a male...shocking.  There are those that say she will struggle in the WNBA (straight white girl).  There are sports opinion shows that touch on this topic.

7) She's an inspiration to young girls everywhere...unlike some on this board.

8) She's making about $800,000 through NIL money.  

By the way, anyone that uses the term 'sportsball' is automatically dismissed as having an uniformed opinion and should be ignored.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:22:58 AM EDT
[#50]
What a stupid rant.

View Quote

Congrats to Caitlin-She's a great player but it is not fair to compare her to Pistol Pete-the one and only.
When Maravich played there was NO Three Point line(Which was Pete's best and easiest shots.
And he had a lot less games.

Not to take anything away from Caitlin-That Girl is Great!!

But Maravich was better in every Way!!!
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top