Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Meh.
She’s damn good at her sport, and is an OEM female and not a Tran.
If they’re talking about a woman playing women’s sports instead of some aberration… I’ll take it.

The WNBA sucks, though. And I think Caitlin stands to make more through NIL than she would in the WNBA.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:02:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BoSanders:

As far as I know she is not a lesbian and that seems to be at the center of the conversation. The angry black lesbians in the  WNBA do not want her there.There have been past and present players alike verbally say as much.They don’t want an attractive,straight, white female to be the face of the WNBA. The WNBA is a league of gay feminist. They also don’t like the white girl that damn near beat Steph Curry shooting 3 pointers at the all star game.
View Quote

Okay man, that’s good work. That’s how you sell these tribal arguments. Don’t get all mad and community college like 0311, you gotta explain these things at a gut level.

If the black liberal lesbian feminists are against her, I’m in!

The corn side is crunchier motherfuckers!

Go Caitlin! Did you know she beat Pistol Pete? Fuck that guy, his record sucked.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:02:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lowcountry:

They should not compare her to Pistol Pete.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LDL7071:
JFC, you're some miserable motherfuckers.

GD: Don't let trannys ruin women's sports.

Also GD: Women's sports are all completely valueless.

Nobody is saying that Caitlin Clark could take on Jordan 1-on-1. But she's is an absolutely dominant, biological female, who is crushing it in women's sports right now.

Comparisons are for TV dork analysts that have to fill up screen time trying to create controversy or some new stat.

No is saying Caitlin Clark could have beat Pistol Pete in a 1-on-1 when both were in their prime. Unless you're some idiot on twitter trying to create drama/outrage saying stupid shit.

All people are saying is that Caitlin Clark is a phenomenon and will likely have a massive impact on women's basketball for the future.

Like a Serena Williams or Mia Hamm.

Whether you care about that doesn't matter, it is what it is. The world moves on regardless of your feelings.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Pistol Pete wasn't that good. If he was playing against an advanced General Dynamics AI basketball robot, the robot would have mopped the floor with him.

See how fucking stupid that argument is?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Pistol Pete wasn't that good. If he was playing against an advanced General Dynamics AI basketball robot, the robot would have mopped the floor with him.

See how fucking stupid that argument is?
View Quote

I would watch advanced General Dynamics AI basketball robots play against the WNBA all day long, as long as they were decent Christian conservative robots.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:11:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m happy for Clark. It truly is a major accomplishment.

They are using her to try to prop up a failed concept, the WNBA.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:12:02 AM EDT
[#7]
There are some sour, miserable fucks on this board.  No wonder most of you cant get or keep a woman.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Who?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:16:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Lol they have a dominant female athlete that is actually female.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sb67:
Who?
View Quote

I hope some day I can grow up to be as cool as you.

Here's to you, Mr. So-Hip-That-He-Doesn't-Follow-Sportsball-and-Makes-The-Same-Tired-Joke-As-Lots-Of-Other-People-In-The-Same-Thread Guy. This Bud's for you.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:20:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Give it a year or two and some Tranny will beat all the WNBA records by 3 fold before even entering HIS prime lol.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Here's to you, Mr. So-Hip-That-He-Doesn't-Follow-Sportsball-and-Makes-The-Same-Tired-Joke-As-Lots-Of-Other-People-In-The-Same-Thread Guy. This Bud's for you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sb67:
Who?

Basketball is garbage and women's sports are pointless if they are wearing those chest-squishing bras.
Though I also have no idea who that is.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:34:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:

And Lyudmila Pavlichenko has buried more enemies than most men. What's your point?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
More men have walked on the moon than women have dunked in the WNBA.

And Lyudmila Pavlichenko has buried more enemies than most men. What's your point?

That the WNBA sucks. I think it was pretty clear.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:36:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#15]

I'm not a fan of women's basketball but her situation will completely change WNBA.

She puts people in seats.

It's a good thing for the sport and will inspire a lot of girls looking for a good "idol" type.

She's going to fill seats in the WNBA and likely raise the bar.
View Quote

lol a few years ago Sabrina Ionescu was supposed to change the WNBA and fill seats.

The seats will never be filled.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow there’s a lot of insecure dudes in GD.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:46:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#17]
Originally Posted By intheburbs:

Why are you so bent out of shape?  You're sure spamming up this thread quite a bit with your tantrums.

There are many headlines saying she's the all-time scoring leader  for men's AND women's basketball.  That's disingenuous.  And that is apple to oranges.

Sure, she's got talent, and will be a great player.   But crowning her the all-time scoring leader over both leagues is just BS.

Iowa’s Caitlin Clark becomes NCAA Division-I all-time leading scorer for men’s and women’s basketball
View All Quotes

Why are you comparing apples and oranges?

What is this obsession with comparing women's sports to mens?

No is making this comparison unless they're an idiot.
[/b]

Why are you so bent out of shape?  You're sure spamming up this thread quite a bit with your tantrums.

There are many headlines saying she's the all-time scoring leader  for men's AND women's basketball.  That's disingenuous.  And that is apple to oranges.

Sure, she's got talent, and will be a great player.   But crowning her the all-time scoring leader over both leagues is just BS.

Iowa’s Caitlin Clark becomes NCAA Division-I all-time leading scorer for men’s and women’s basketball

Well that's the truth.

Just like aces in wars.

Do you sit around with a nasally voice saying:

"Well, Richthofen had more kills in WW1, but judging by the metrics, Udet had a higher kill ratio per mission with an inferior plane!"

Who gives a shit. Number are numbers.

Richthofen has higher numbers on the sheet.

Caitlin Clark has higher numbers on the sheet.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/womens-college-basketball/caitlin-clark-breaks-all-time-ncaa-scoring-record-passing-pete-maravich

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Do the ladies play on a smaller court ?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Cranky_CJ:
No not tired of hearing about her.  She is great -and great for women's sports.

I'd much rather hear her name in the news that Britney Griner.
View Quote

That is exactly why she will be minimized, no matter what she does,  or what records she breaks. She lacks couple of important "Features".
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:11:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Who?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Thank you!

Thought I was going crazy in this argument.
View All Quotes
JFC, you're some miserable motherfuckers.

GD: Don't let trannys ruin women's sports.

Also GD: Women's sports are all completely valueless.

Nobody is saying that Caitlin Clark could take on Jordan 1-on-1. But she's is an absolutely dominant, biological female, who is crushing it in women's sports right now.

Thank you!

Thought I was going crazy in this argument.

Everything she has done in Women’s basketball is great, happy for her.

But…, the day the MSM started spreading how she beat Pistol Pete’s record was BS.

She has the record for Women.

You know what I’m getting at, Apple to Orange’s stuff.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By BoSanders:

As far as I know she is not a lesbian and that seems to be at the center of the conversation. The angry black lesbians in the  WNBA do not want her there.There have been past and present players alike verbally say as much.They don’t want an attractive,straight, white female to be the face of the WNBA. The WNBA is a league of gay feminist. They also don’t like the white girl that damn near beat Steph Curry shooting 3 pointers at the all star game.
View Quote

^this

More power to her. I hope she smashes every fucking record.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#23]

I had to Google the name.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:24:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: defendtexas] [#24]
Women don't support female basketball.  They can't even name 5 players or 5 teams.   Bill Burr nailed it about them.

"Women failed the WNBA" - Bill Burr
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#25]
That Brian Griner guy is going to be pissed when she steals all the WNBA thunder from him.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:32:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnfromHR] [#26]
Much better than the Greiner whiner.  WNBA or womens soccer, nobody watches except angry lezzies. Tired of people who think they should get paid more, its supply and demand. She should do BBall a couple years the make more doing only fans. Only womens sports worth watching, Ms. Fitness America, Cheerleader Championships, women volleyball and tennis
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#27]
biggest annoyance I had with it was when she topped pistol Pete's record.

yea she did sure, but back when pistol Pete set the record there was no 3 point line.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:45:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Well that's the truth.

Just like aces in wars.

"Well, Richthofen had more kills in WW1, but judging by the metrics, Udet had a higher kill ratio per mission with an inferior plane!"

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/womens-college-basketball/caitlin-clark-breaks-all-time-ncaa-scoring-record-passing-pete-maravich

View All Quotes

Why are you comparing apples and oranges?

What is this obsession with comparing women's sports to mens?

No is making this comparison unless they're an idiot.
[/b]

Well that's the truth.

Just like aces in wars.

lol
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Bunch of corn-fed girls from Iowa doing well.
Doesn't pick my pocket.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#30]
What a stupid rant.

I'm not a fan of women's basketball but her situation will completely change WNBA.

She puts people in seats. Basically the women's equivalent of a Stephen Curry outside the arc.

She can bang almost half court shots but also not some cocky "it's all about me." She has a bunch of assists too.

A type of person that can read the game, offense and defense.

Hate all you want but she has the NCAA all-time scoring record, men AND women.

She beat out Pete "Pistol" Maravich!! A person they've made MOVIES about.

Plus she's inspiring. She's not on social media being a jackass, flashing fancy watches/wealth, she just fucking plays basketball.

It's a good thing for the sport and will inspire a lot of girls looking for a good "idol" type.

We're talking about a women's college athlete that is a rarity and we're seeing some special right now.

Like a Mia Hamm for women's soccer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0e7OcYphZM
View Quote
I agree with most of what you are saying, but the shots taken this video are not Curry distance or even close to half court. They are roughly NBA distance 3s.

That said, I'd be thrilled if my girls would pay more attention to her than T Swift. Maybe this is a good opportunity to get them to tune into the women's tournament.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#31]
I haven't heard a thing about her.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Id like to see Hope Solo or her pair
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By DeltaV42:
It's it wrong that I think she's kinda cute?

I'd climb that tree for some Snu Snu.
View Quote

I guess you think FMO is kinda cute?    Catlin is genetic female, but damn is she manly looking. Masculine face, no boobs, no ass, etc.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:08:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanPeople] [#34]
Never heard of her.  Who watches WNBA anyway?  Is she like that female soccer player who may have spouted anti-US crap?

Update:  I just watched a few videos of her and she is impressive.  Her shooting skills are awesome and she "appears" to be a decent person.  She is not flaunting and "in your face" after every shot.  She is just taking care of business.  Maybe someone will post a video of a chat with her to reveal her personality but at this point I suspect that she is the opposite (in a good way) of that purple-haired soccer player.

Good for her and all the press she gets for her skills/accomplishments are earned.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#35]
What a stupid rant.

She puts people in seats. Basically the women's equivalent of a Stephen Curry outside the arc.

View Quote

She's like any good female college player at a big school program.
Big school Ladies' programs have drawn people into the college stands since Pat Summit took over Tennessee.

She'll do the same for the WNBA that Dana Taurasi did, along with a lot of other really good women college basketball players: Nothing.
If she wants to make any money for her talent, she'll be signing with a euro team.

Jay
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:24:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By AZCOP:

Big school Ladies' programs have drawn people into the college stands since Pat Summit took over Tennessee.

She'll do the same for the WNBA that Dana Taurasi did, along with a lot of other really good women college basketball players: Nothing.
If she wants to make any money for her talent, she'll be signing with a euro team.

Jay
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZCOP:
What a stupid rant.

Jay

People are invested in college sports, when the women or mens minor sports do well it draws the fans that root for the football team.

There is no significant crossover to women’s pro sports.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#37]
No impact, no idea, no care.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#38]

Well that's the truth.

Just like aces in wars.

View Quote

You are so obvious, it's painful.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Calculating:
View All Quotes

Well that's the truth.

Just like aces in wars.

Ironic.  

Apparently, you do, at least care.  I'd be surprised if you actually have no idea as well.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#40]
What a stupid rant.

She can bang almost half court shots but also not some cocky "it's all about me." She has a bunch of assists too.

A type of person that can read the game, offense and defense.

Hate all you want but she has the NCAA all-time scoring record, men AND women.

She beat out Pete "Pistol" Maravich!! A person they've made MOVIES about.

Plus she's inspiring. She's not on social media being a jackass, flashing fancy watches/wealth, she just fucking plays basketball.

We're talking about a women's college athlete that is a rarity and we're seeing some special right now.

Like a Mia Hamm for women's soccer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0e7OcYphZM
View Quote

Most intelligent post!
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By DrDover:

Let's see her play against a boys high school team to show the reality of the situation.
View Quote
But why? She is a chick and should be playing against other women. Isn't ARFCOM (rightfully) always railing against women having to go but against tranny guys in college sports, but god forbid a woman is actually good at her sport, and then we have to hear "lets see her play against boys". This place is full of the biggest hypocritical fucking retards ever.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Minor compared to the Taylor Swift Football League.
I don't waste my time watching ESPN or any sportsball, and the only point of reference I've got for her is what's on any of the numerous TVs at my local bar. From what I can tell, she's got skills, enjoys what she does, and seems pretty humble. I'd rather hear about that than some not white female player in some Russian jail.

And yes, I also think she's nice to look at.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#43]

She is going to kill it in the WNBA.

Show me any WNBA players that were close to her dominance in college.
View Quote

Out of curiosity what is the wnba policy on trannies?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#44]
I hope she goes to the WNBA and smokes all the players there.

Yes, she is not comparable to a Male athlete…who cares? She is killing it in Women’s sports and is an OEM female.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By FDC:
Haven't watched TV in years, so whatever.

As far as Clark, she isn't in the WNBA.  Just a good women's bball player and i hate bball and women's sports.

It's a pretty significant record that she blew way out of the water.

I try not to shit on other people's big accomplishments when I don't have that talent myself, but you all do you.
View Quote
She'll be in the WNBA next year. The media is hyping her as the great hope to take the league to the next level. I just don't see that happening now or in the future. I respect Caitlin as a great female player. That's it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Her 15 is just about up. She should have stayed at Iowa one more year. No one watches the WNBA.

Who watches sports, guys. Guys dont want to watch a bunch of not very attractive women in terrible, unattractive uniforms play boring basketball.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#47]
good for her...she's kinda hot too when she's made up.

also 6' tall

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Pistol Pete played without the 3 point line.  With the 3 point line it's estimated that he would have scored 57 PPG for a total of over 4700 career points.  What Caitlin did was incredible but it should not be compared to Pete.  They are different games, with different rules, during different times.  

If she want's to compete in the highest level of Women's Basketball she can go to the WNBA.  If she wants to compete at the actual highest level of all basketball she should go to the NBA.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By defendtexas:
Women don't support female basketball.  They can't even name 5 players or 5 teams.   Bill Burr nailed it about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY9Gz_IMn_k
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Well that's the truth.

Just like aces in wars.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top