User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:35:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: timeless] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fosters:
My modest fleet

https://images15.fotki.com/v1675/photos/0/66370/16330161/1629494630696-vi.jpg" target="_blank">https://images15.fotki.com/v1675/photos/0/66370/16330161/1629494630696-vi.jpg

2013 bmw hp4 competition
2019 bmw gs1250 adventure hp
2021 bmw m1000rr
View Quote

Oh that M1000RR is my dream bike. The 2001 and 2002 M race package are the best bikes ever made.
If things go my way, it will be my next bike. Wish the new ones were not as fuggly
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Not today mr DOT man
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By azerious58:
Not today mr DOT man
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:23:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BoiseG:
I don't know why, but I'm surprised at the number of adventure bikes here. I'm giving serious thoughts to one myself.  It would be an easy decision if I didn't need a new truck.
View Quote

The larger ones really are ideal touring bikes, large fuel tanks, lots of luggage options, comfortable seat position for long days in the saddle, and all the creature comfort features of the touring "road" bikes - plus they are quite capable off road with a little bit of know how.
Back to posting pics, here's one I had a few years ago, you don’t see a lot of them.Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:49:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scrambler28] [#5]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:24:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: boolzi] [#7]
Originally Posted By Gspointer:

It is brand new. I bought a left over 2004 in 05 to ride on a little track behind my house. I got the first tank through it and got hit by a tornado. I spent most of my free time for the next couple of years clearing trees from my yard, hauling off the parts of buildings I could find and then building my garage. The track got pretty well smoked. It would take a lot of time to clear it. I’ve moved on to trail riding. I think I’m going to sell the KX this year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gspointer:
Originally Posted By boolzi:

What’s the story with the KX? It looks brand new.

It is brand new. I bought a left over 2004 in 05 to ride on a little track behind my house. I got the first tank through it and got hit by a tornado. I spent most of my free time for the next couple of years clearing trees from my yard, hauling off the parts of buildings I could find and then building my garage. The track got pretty well smoked. It would take a lot of time to clear it. I’ve moved on to trail riding. I think I’m going to sell the KX this year.

Surely that’s an old pic when it was new, or are you saying you have a 2004 kx with only a tank of gas ran through it?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:27:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Red_Label] [#8]
2017 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx. My crotch rockets and sport tourers are long gone. I'm 56 and an ADV bike is a proper "distinguished gentleman's bike". Plus, I can take gravel and dirt roads, which increases my options ten fold. It does okay on miles of scary ice too. Though I don't dare touch the brakes, throttle, or steering as I make my way down Wyoming mountain hairpins in January.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:36:24 AM EDT
[#9]
2013 Ducati Monster 796

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:56:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By cowboyrick:
https://i.imgur.com/jyeQG98.jpeg
View Quote

I dunno how you guys can stand ape hangers. Talk about an unnatural way to ride a bike. Looks like you're in Deadwood (I love that town and especially Speerfish). I thought that SD restricted those handlebars? You need one of those thick ropes hanging off one side of your bars to complete the image. Every time I see one of those damn ropes hanging off there I always ponder how many of those guys are unfortunate enough to have that rope catch on something and swing them 180 degrees before they even know what happened.

Anyways... ride your ride. Not calling you out. Just thinking out loud.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:12:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Red_Label:

I dunno how you guys can stand ape hangers. Talk about an unnatural way to ride a bike. Looks like you're in Deadwood (I love that town and especially Speerfish). I thought that SD restricted those handlebars? You need one of those thick ropes hanging off one side of your bars to complete the image. Every time I see one of those damn ropes hanging off there I always ponder how many of those guys are unfortunate enough to have that rope catch on something and swing them 180 degrees before they even know what happened.

View Quote

They're Getback Whips, sir
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:

Lol, chicken strips. I couldn’t care less. I don’t give a shit what people think of my riding, conservative or not. I am comfortable with where I have been and what I have done. I ride for me and for fun.
View Quote

LOL. Here's mine.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:[/b]

Lol, chicken strips. I couldn't care less. I don't give a shit what people think of my riding, conservative or not. I am comfortable with where I have been and what I have done. I ride for me and for fun.

LOL. Here's mine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/279984/20231031_124636_jpg-3163408.JPG

Darkside FTW

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

LOL. Here's mine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/279984/20231031_124636_jpg-3163408.JPG

View Quote
I darksided my Goldwings. Never a problem.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:39:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By anothermisanthrope:
Some amazing bikes posted. Anyone else *still* look at chicken strips?
View Quote

As pictured, this tire had 500 miles on it.
Foreshadowing. 🐥
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#18]

I remember when Shovelheads were new bikes.

Most of my friends rode Pans or Knuckles. I was a poor, so I had a Flathead 45.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Koa:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/152169/minibagger-2994047.jpg
I think I need a bigger bike...
View Quote

Ah, the FLHM.

Midget Glide.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Had many bikes over the years but somehow ended up with this one 10 years ago as I bought it so cheap and it does nothing well but has been rock solid dependable.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#21]
My 2005 Road King EFI Classic.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Surely that’s an old pic when it was new, or are you saying you have a 2004 kx with only a tank of gas ran through it?
View Quote

I have a KX with one tank of gas through it
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Most recent picture I have is a year and a half ago
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I have a KX with one tank of gas through it

I need to clean it. But I just took these
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:47:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacrity] [#25]
Originally Posted By avslash:
No pics handy, but here are a couple of stock pics of what is in my stable.

Absolutely love the Beta 390rr.  Probably going to sell off the G650gs and roll with the Beta as a super lite adv bike.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84724/390rr_jpg-3162456.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84724/sertao_jpg-3162457.JPG
View Quote

I'm a Beta fanboi. I can say, as an ADV, there's shortcomings.

Renzaco or someone can fix the seat, IMS 13L is the largest ez, I think, so range ok and something bigger can be done, but the killer is 30 hour OCI and maybe valves.

DS sure, multi-day ADV, been there done that (bit under 10k kms over 20 days) and tho it can be executed, last thing I wanted to do every 3 days after a full day of riding

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

ETA photo since it's a pic thread. This was old RFS 450 lump but similar issues.

There's a boltface if you look closely

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Lol, chicken strips. I couldn’t care less. I don’t give a shit what people think of my riding, conservative or not. I am comfortable with where I have been and what I have done. I ride for me and for fun.
View All Quotes
Some amazing bikes posted. Anyone else *still* look at chicken strips?

These ideas are not mutually exclusive.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CDW4ME:

Foreshadowing. 🐥
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302943/IMG_20240315_132133534_jpg-3163459.JPG
View Quote

A Harley can only lean so far before scrapping pegs. I think a better indicator for us than chicken strips would be how much metal remains on the underside of your peg. lol
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#28]

New to me '86 Kawi Concours 1000.  

Given to me by ARFcom member BobbityBobbity.

Going to do my best to restore her to her former glory.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#29]

They're Getback Whips, sir
View Quote

Getback indeed! Get back to where you just came from a second ago.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#30]

A Harley can only lean so far before scrapping pegs. I think a better indicator for us than chicken strips would be how much metal remains on the underside of your peg. lol
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CDW4ME:

Foreshadowing. 🐥
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302943/IMG_20240315_132133534_jpg-3163459.JPG

Harley

If that peg hits the ground I either dropped the bike or wrecked. 🐤🐥
At 57 years old I'm not gonna heal quick (if at all) so I'd rather not taunt Darwin.

Attachment Attached File

About 630 miles on it now.
Only had it about 6 weeks, really like it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Apes are very comfortable for longer rides.  

Getback whips are useful.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Fugitive:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/254560/IMG_7055_jpeg-3163490.JPG
View Quote

Great lookin bike.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Just picked this up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#34]
2007 Road King
2004 Springer
2016 Road King

I bought the ‘16 while on a TDY to Volk Field Wisconsin last August—cashed in my return flight and rode it 1300 miles back to Florida.

Getting married in June and we’re going to ride out to Monument Valley for our honeymoon Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:26:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: warkittens] [#36]

@Hellbent_4 What year is that Bonnie and how do you like compared with your Sportster? I’ve been thinking about selling my Sporty and replacing it with a carbed Bonneville. Do you still have the Sportster?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#37]
When you are 6'4" those bars are shoulder height.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By burnprocess:

Great lookin bike.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burnprocess:
Originally Posted By Fugitive:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/254560/IMG_7055_jpeg-3163490.JPG

Great lookin bike.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#40]
and one more ADV bike.  2003 BMW F650GS Dakar.

TYCOM
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Kinda forgot I have two bikes, so here's my other one.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JackRebney:
Kinda forgot I have two bikes, so here's my other one.

https://i.imgur.com/g2I0PHG.png
View Quote

How in the world do you ride that thing? Do you sit at all?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:42:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Red_Label] [#44]

View Quote

Ummm... okay? I've never seen a guy running ape hangers who didn't have his arms well above his shoulders. But maybe the thousands upon thousands of cruiser riders who roll through here every year on the way to Sturgis are all "vertically challenged".

MRegardless, when I'm running the hairpins of the Beartooth/Chief Joseph and various Bighorn Mtn highways multiple times every year, I'm always having to look for spots to get around those guys as they're running them at 25mph and refuse to get out of the way. I remember ONE group of cruisers who understood that allowing others to not have their paces dictated by slow riders who were clearly struggling to keep the rubber side down was not cool. As I passed I waived and gave them a thumbs-up for actually caring that I didn't care to be forced to putt around in 1st or 2nd gear for miles of what would have been the usual enjoyable peg-dragging day out. Sure, many of those guys could ride faster, but are enjoying the scenery. I get that. But still... get the fuck out of the way when you see someone in your mirrors for miles. Hell, I was moving fast on my FJR1300 sport tourer up on the Beartooth one day and a monster pickup came up on my ass. I slowed and waived him around.

But I'll admit to this... I've dealt with almost as many assholes up there in RVs, vans, cars, and trucks who slowly drove past pull-out after pull-out without feeling the need to allow others to go at a different pace. So it ain't just the average cruiser rider who does that. More and more I choose the Bighorns over the Beartooths, because the Beartooth draws so many more unaware/inconsiderate turtles. Usually they have plates from places like Iowa or Florida. That's cool. But they usually don't possess the decency or awareness to use those pull-outs. The Gallatin Canyon just south of Bozeman is another. There are like 30 pull-outs between Big Sky and Gallitan Gateway, and a hundred signs that say if you've got four or more vehicles behind you, it's illegal not to pull out. But they go right past every single one. But I guess at this point I've made myself clear that I despise inconsiderate assholes, whether on two or four wheels. It just so happens that the average Harley rider is usually the worst two wheel offender in that regard.

Btw... my dad (also from WY) rode a Harley. He couldn't stand slow pack animals either.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:46:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Red_Label] [#45]

How in the world do you ride that thing? Do you sit at all?
View Quote

Trials bikes aren't for sitting. They're for having fun on rocks and working out your quadriceps. Two-wheeled rock-crawler Jeeps basically.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Nothing special.  2022 Honda Rebel 500

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By brandon_:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/247800/1000003681_png-3163921.JPG
View Quote

Blacked-out Rebels definitely look better than the other ones.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brandon_:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/247800/1000003681_png-3163921.JPG

That's what I wanted, and they just happened to have one sitting there when I walked in.  I had to.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MATTINFAIRBORN:

I had a 2007.  It had plenty of pull and handled surprisingly well for such a hefty bike.  Mine was a hot one and unpleasant at any temp over 80.  Blue circle shows where a small deer planted its nose while in the mountains of WV.  I didn't go down.  No damage to the bike other than deer slobber and a few stray hairs.  Tough bike.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312702/aa217320x_jpg-3162462.JPG

Stock picture of my current bike.  Mine is festooned with a Russell Daylong, shorty tinted shield, phone mount, drink holder, Helibar bridge, and a rack for a Givi top box with box if I'm going somewhere.  I hate to tart up a reasonably attractive bike but comfort rules on longer trips.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312702/2016-Yamaha-FJR1300_04_jpg-3162463.JPG
View Quote

Yep, they are great bikes. I adore any longitudinally mounted V4 bikes (I would LOVE a Motus, but they went out of business).

I rode one of these 8 hrs a day for two years at my dept, and got really comfortable on them. It's just always there, ready to go and never breaks... I like to ride, not wrench.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:04:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stowe] [#50]

Runaway furniture crunched my fender. I have a replacement. Just haven't had a chance to put it on.
Page / 9
Top Top