BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:
Maybe see if Bartlein will build you a barrel.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

View Quote

Actually, I messed that all up. Paying attention to too much....again.

.00045. 45 hundred thousandths, nearly ten times fifty millionths,  what we'd call four and a half tenths which really messes with normal people, and even worse for people who use metric who work in microns who would call it 11. Weirdos.

Still not as bad as tire people referring to 4/32 of tread.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
I mean its a pocket 10mm glock. what did you expect? sub moa?
View Quote

8” at 12 yards though? I’m no Jerry Miculek, but I can shoot okay. If that same pattern shows across several brands of factory ammo I’m sending it back.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By kc3:
Stop whining.

For one, I'd stop using bullets the gun maker advises against.

That said, have you looked at the crown?

Any defects there would affect accuracy a thousand times more than the chamber, or even the bore.

Have you had any case-head separations, or even any Glock "smileys" on your fired cases?

If not, your chamber is fine.
View Quote

No, brass looks normal. Didn’t see any crown issues. No dings.

Just odd groups.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By StevenH:

Marlin “micro groove” barrels were poor shooters with unjacketed bullets
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By David0858:
Originally Posted By carcrazysammy:
Originally Posted By rb889:
Gun prints 8” at 12 yards.

GD: “Lol OP suxorz, git gud scrub!”

Typical.

If it were 8" at 12 yards it would keyhole.

Not necessarily. I had a .44 mag Marlin that wouldn't keep any cast bullet, no matter the weight or velocity, on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper at 15 yards. None tumbled. It shot jacketed bullets just fine. Never found out why.

Marlin “micro groove” barrels were poor shooters with unjacketed bullets

Yeah, but I wouldn't have thought they were that poor.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sitkashooter:
I just check the OEM barrels chamber of my Glock 29.

Same as OPs, using a manual hornady caliper: .434, and it shoots fine.

The accuracy issue is with OP or his reloads.

Does OP get a bulge at the base of the fired brass?
View Quote

No bulge, the brass swelling is uniform.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#7]
How does factory ammo shoot?

Are you flinching or anticipating recoil?

Have a good shooter try it with factory ammo
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Skydivesnake:

Generally good I think but he does seem a bit over analytical.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

(No offense, OP)
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:57:57 PM EDT
[#9]

He's not measuring the fucking bore.

Jeezus.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By diesel1:

OK but very limited "reach" into a bore.

He's not measuring the fucking bore.

Jeezus.

For "ace machinists" and general genius's, some of y'all are rather obtuse on terminology. A "bore" correctly describes a cylindrical hole, which the chamber IS. I didn't say "the bore" which may have implied the rifled area of the barrel. We were talking about the chamber area which IS "a bore". The tool I commented on would have only been able to measure about 1/4" into any bore.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BabaYaga777:
Have Gaston call you...
View Quote
That's going to be very long distance.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:
Lol reloaders.

Spend the money on factory ammo and get back to us.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

You may find this surprising.

I took a set of cheap Hornady calipers to a USAF PMEL once as a joke and had them checked on their ceramic block things.

I was there with an inspection team doing a compliance inspection.

The $35 Hornady calipers passed all requirements and the kids even put a PMEL sticker on the box as a joke.

My point is, OP’s calipers are likely fine. The issue you have with calipers or any hand measurement tool is operator error.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zephyr:
It's a $30 caliper.

I took a set of cheap Hornady calipers to a USAF PMEL once as a joke and had them checked on their ceramic block things.

The $35 Hornady calipers passed all requirements and the kids even put a PMEL sticker on the box as a joke.

My point is, OP’s calipers are likely fine. The issue you have with calipers or any hand measurement tool is operator error.

Not surprised at all. Pro machinists sneer at dial calipers but, if one is not doing aerospace-level work and .001 is "good enough", they are fine. Operator technique is a factor in using any precision measuring device. A gentle touch on the caliper thumbwheel or the micrometer thimble (It's not ##### c-clamp!) will produce accurate, repeatable results.

Modern dial calipers are awesome compared to old-school vernier units that were like a slide rule.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:28:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sitkashooter] [#13]
I won’t use lead bullets in a polygonal barrel. I bought a ported lone wolf G29 barrel with standard rifling for lead.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:30:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rabidus] [#14]

Not surprised at all. Pro machinists sneer at dial calipers but, if one is not doing aerospace-level work and .001 is "good enough", they are fine. Operator technique is a factor in using any precision measuring device. A gentle touch on the caliper thumbwheel or the micrometer thimble (It's not ##### c-clamp!) will produce accurate, repeatable results.

Modern dial calipers are awesome compared to old-school vernier units that were like a slide rule.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zephyr:
It's a $30 caliper.

I took many measurements and some were .432” .4325” etc..

I know my hand is not steady but I used a fair amount of pressure to push the caliper to make as much contact on the chamber as possible. As I squeezed, the numbers shrank.

It’s all I have/had to be able to give data for this thread.

I couldn’t start the thread with, “Hey fellow firearms enthusiasts, I just fired my new Glock 10mm. I noticed when reloading my ammo, the cartridge rattled in the chamber and my groups were 8” or more. What could be wrong with the gun?”

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I won’t use lead bullets in a polygonal barrel. I bought a ported lone wolf G29 barrel with standard rifling for lead.
View Quote

In my research, MBW, Buffalo Bore say hard cast lead is fine for Glock barrels. Glock says no.

22 BHN is a hard bullet. It was/is also hi tek coated.

I think my issue is more of bore fitment for the 200gr hard cast bullets. The rule of thumb is to have your bullets be .001” over your bore diameter.

Also don’t cut into your coating when seating your bullets. I use a Lyman M die.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By JT_26:
That's going to be very long distance.
View Quote

Not if Warrant was right.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#17]

For "ace machinists" and general genius's, some of y'all are rather obtuse on terminology. A "bore" correctly describes a cylindrical hole, which the chamber IS. I didn't say "the bore" which may have implied the rifled area of the barrel. We were talking about the chamber area which IS "a bore". The tool I commented on would have only been able to measure about 1/4" into any bore.
View Quote

Technically a taper reamed hole.

Bore, in the trade, implies single point tool cut hole. Not to be confused with the barrlel's bore which is generally reamed then rifled but some are gun drilled and electro chemically machined to finish size with rifling.

Kidding. I'm really not that anal.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#18]
This thread is a damned good example of why the practice of having an instructor shoot every police academy recruit’s pistol in front of them, before they ever started live fire, was a good way to eliminate concerns about the gun.  (Also helped pick up guns with sights not well zero’d).  We eliminated the “this gun sucks!” claim from the beginning.

Now for OP, some things I see of concern:

Measuring a hole with caliper (wtf over?).  Kind of proof of lack of practice/training/skill in measuring stuff.  

Claiming to be a good shooter- posts OK at best targets.  Makes no mention of having actual handgun training.  Get some training…

Says “I don’t flinch!” repeatedly.  Sure sure.  Get someone to load dummy rounds randomly in your mag.  You will anticipate recoil for sure I am suspecting.  (Back to lack of actual training).  

Shooting 22 BHN cast bullets and bitching about accuracy.  Hasn’t tried anything else…. (Probably won’t understand why I mentioned the BHN…)

The list goes on and on….but we cannot forget this one:

“Everyone else is wrong, not me!” Syndrome…

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

I don’t see a group of generals standing and watching in awe of your shooting ability like the story.
View Quote

The generals were simulated.  Just like the gunfire.

But it is a true testimony to his shooting skills, regardless…
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:
Calipers aren't really that precise, you need a mic for real accuracy.
View Quote

This. Calipers are just for reference.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:23:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rabidus] [#21]
Originally Posted By tac556:
This thread is a damned good example of why the practice of having an instructor shoot every police academy recruit’s pistol in front of them, before they ever started live fire, was a good way to eliminate concerns about the gun.  (Also helped pick up guns with sights not well zero’d).  We eliminated the “this gun sucks!” claim from the beginning.

Now for OP, some things I see of concern:

Measuring a hole with caliper (wtf over?).  Kind of proof of lack of practice/training/skill in measuring stuff.  

Claiming to be a good shooter- posts OK at best targets.  Makes no mention of having actual handgun training.  Get some training…

Says “I don’t flinch!” repeatedly.  Sure sure.  Get someone to load dummy rounds randomly in your mag.  You will anticipate recoil for sure I am suspecting.  (Back to lack of actual training).  

Shooting 22 BHN cast bullets and bitching about accuracy.  Hasn’t tried anything else…. (Probably won’t understand why I mentioned the BHN…)

The list goes on and on….but we cannot forget this one:

“Everyone else is wrong, not me!” Syndrome…

View Quote

I tried a jacketed bullet, reloading calipers are all I have. I’ve done penny on top of the barrel training with dry firing. Don’t drop the penny.

OK shooting results should not create 8” @ 12 yards.

By your definition of OK. Unless it’s not OK, then it’s the wrong use of OK. OK?

Never said everybody else is wrong. I answer individually to many posters, then someone else takes the requote out of context and applies it to their own answer.

I want to know (and as already been answered many times by many posters) what could be causing my poor groups other than my shooting.

1. Try again with factory ammo
2. Try a 180gr pill as it has more surface bearing
3. Have somebody else shoot it who can shoot.
4. Check the locking block to make sure it’s not cracked.
5. Check the crown to make sure there are no dings/gouges/cuts
6. Get more training. OK shooting is not ok.
7. OP sucks
8. OP is a liar
9. OP can’t measure
10. OP is copy pasta
11. OP is a big city thinker
12. Guns never can be improperly made, OP has impossible standards
13. OP should accept a shitty chattered barrel out of a $1600 revolver.  Then accept a replacement with the same issue.
14. OP should accept a rifle that fails to fire, then accept another replacement rifle with the same issue.
15. Thing made by humans break, are out of spec, except OP, it’s him, not the products he buys.
16. There is no decline in QC post COVID, OP is imagining things.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mblades:

I don’t see a group of generals standing and watching in awe of your shooting ability like the story.

Oh? Generals now? It was a major and colonel. They followed us on the tour and spent an hour with us.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:29:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Dude are you wanting to hammer the casing into the barrel each shot? It needs to have those tolerances to be reliable. Your accuracy issue could be ALOT of variables.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:30:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:
Maybe see if Bartlein will build you a barrel.

View Quote
LOL

I laughed
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By azerious58:
Dude are you wanting to hammer the casing into the barrel each shot? It needs to have those tolerances to be reliable. Your accuracy issue could be ALOT of variables.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/UqSRKTUpNfMHp3me35/200w.gif?cid=6c09b952pu06mbdgcjxldvbvc6yqviemz9whtpqv4ohb2y9v&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif&ct=g
View Quote

As I have learned.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
Why aren't you using pin gauges or 3 point inside hole gauges?
View Quote

This is the way!
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:26:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By rabidus:

Never got an award for pistol.

I was at MCRD or Pendleton back in ‘08 for an educator workshop. Got to shoot the simulator.

It was fun, for the pistol range, one of the Marines asked if I needed a tutorial, told him, “thanks but I got it..”

Started shooting, all shots were hitting COM and head shots.

Ran 2-3 mags through it and the room got quieter, heads started to turn over, granted, these are teachers so not much to talk about.

Got done. Stopped for a second, looked around and the entire room was watching me. A major and a colonel were watching and smiled.

2 young Marines pushed some teachers aside and said, we got this…they shot 1/2 a mag, shot like shit, and moved away from the line.

A few people in the room said, “Damn”

As I passed the officers, the Major gave me a nod.

I don’t shoot competition, I’m sure many can beat me but at the range, I only met 1 other person who could outshoot me with a pistol, he won awards in the Army pistol competition.

So I’m no Jerry Miculek by any stretch but I’m also not a slack jawed basement dweller.
View Quote

I can't be the only one! Gecko45 is that you?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#28]
This is such a fun thread.

Sorry it's at your expense, OP. We still like you.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
This is such a fun thread.

Sorry it's at your expense, OP. We still like you.
View Quote

So did the Major and Colonel!

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:35:54 AM EDT
[#30]
I do enjoy how many people think every person has a toolbox full of every high end tool for randomly measuring this or that. Sure a single pin gauge isn’t that expensive, but why would he buy one for this? One guy recommended a starrett 78 which is what 900-1000? I only have a box full of shit because my grandpa and dad were machinists. No way random dude is spending thousands of dollars to measure their reloads and a random hole here and there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:39:57 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Go powdercoated.  That's all you'll use. I use them for 9mm, 45acp, 44mag and 357.
Bought some 30 cal powdercoated to experiment with through my 300blk. Haven't tried them yet.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:59:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By boomeruni:
I do enjoy how many people think every person has a toolbox full of every high end tool for randomly measuring this or that. Sure a single pin gauge isn’t that expensive, but why would he buy one for this? One guy recommended a starrett 78 which is what 900-1000? I only have a box full of shit because my grandpa and dad were machinists. No way random dude is spending thousands of dollars to measure their reloads and a random hole here and there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Plainsman62:
Damn that's ugly. Good you called them on their shit .
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:16:02 AM EDT
[#34]

I tried a jacketed bullet, reloading calipers are all I have. I’ve done penny on top of the barrel training with dry firing. Don’t drop the penny.

OK shooting results should not create 8” @ 12 yards.

By your definition of OK. Unless it’s not OK, then it’s the wrong use of OK. OK?

Never said everybody else is wrong. I answer individually to many posters, then someone else takes the requote out of context and applies it to their own answer.

I want to know (and as already been answered many times by many posters) what could be causing my poor groups other than my shooting.

1. Try again with factory ammo
2. Try a 180gr pill as it has more surface bearing
3. Have somebody else shoot it who can shoot.
4. Check the locking block to make sure it’s not cracked.
5. Check the crown to make sure there are no dings/gouges/cuts
6. Get more training. OK shooting is not ok.
7. OP sucks
8. OP is a liar
9. OP can’t measure
10. OP is copy pasta
11. OP is a big city thinker
12. Guns never can be improperly made, OP has impossible standards
13. OP should accept a shitty chattered barrel out of a $1600 revolver.  Then accept a replacement with the same issue.
14. OP should accept a rifle that fails to fire, then accept another replacement rifle with the same issue.
15. Thing made by humans break, are out of spec, except OP, it’s him, not the products he buys.
16. There is no decline in QC post COVID, OP is imagining things.

View Quote

I can clarify for you:

“OK at best” = not great, not terrible.  Certainly not good enough to prove the gun is the issue, not the shooter.  Not indicative of a great handgun shooter.  That help?  Your posted “good” targets, your self described ability, etc, does not look that impressive.

You seem to have a rather high opinion of your own skill level, in part based upon a shooting simulator….  not based on reality.  

You balanced a penny?  Well whoop de do!  Pretty sure I can walk around with a penny on my Glock slide without dropping it.  
Honestly have never even done a penny.  I use fired shells when doing this with students.  Start with primer down, work up to primer up as they improve.  As they get better progress from larger caliber empty shells to smaller.  

All that is doing is help them work on a smooth trigger press.  Not really the same as working on anticipation issues like with a ball and dummy drill.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:17:01 AM EDT
[#35]

Oh? Generals now? It was a major and colonel. They followed us on the tour and spent an hour with us.

View Quote

That doesn’t make your story any less cringeworthy, especially when you are using it to show how good of a shooter you are…
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:24:23 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Most people who use calipers understand that technique is everything, and that using them to measure an inside diameter is not ideal.  I have a set of 6” Mitutoyos that are 30 years old, use them pretty much daily for reloading.  If you use them at all you will realize that it is difficult to repeatedly measure ID with them and be consistent.  Just something someone would know if they used them very much.  

Hell I also have some cheapo $30 copies that work pretty damned well.

So it isn’t so much as needing more expensive tooling, it is knowing what the limitations of your current tooling actually are.  And ID measurement is one of the least accurate things they do in my experience.  They work amazingly well for measuring outside diameter, overall length measurements, and stuff like that though.  Just don’t hang your hat on them for an ID measurement unless you are perfect in how you use them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:47:37 AM EDT
[#37]

That doesn’t make your story any less cringeworthy, especially when you are using it to show how good of a shooter you are…
View All Quotes

It happened. Again, never said I was the best shooter but 8” at 12 yards supported is…horrible.

Hindsight? Could very well by my reloads. Hence the creation of this thread.

But until now, my reloads never had this much poor performance.  Usually I’ll get a node or something to expand upon and other charges or COLs can be rather large groups. This didn’t happen, so I then thought it could be the gun.

Again, mass produced items post COVID have much to be desired, my bore chatter experiences with Colt didn’t help.

I like your casing idea for trigger discipline. Might try it out.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:04:12 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

That’s the thing your original post reads poorly about all the guns you have sent back and how your reloads and shooting are impeccable. Then you give a bunch of short answers, defensive answers then the sim story. You were dead set the gun was faulty and nothing else. If this whole saga is real be humble, be inquisitive and be open. You may learn and may do something new for once. No one gives a shit if you shot well in some simulator over a decade ago, no one cares you think you are a good shooter. Your hypothesis was wrong and you refused to entertain other views early on and set the tone.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:09:19 AM EDT
[#39]

Is the chamber the result of the poor groups?

Never had this poor groupings before out of any pistol I shot.

That’s why I’m on here. The loose chamber is the only thing I can think of.

It could be me. Sure. I don’t think it is. I’m on here for any possible answers to the groupings other than me.

This is a gun forum. You post something you think is not right and try to get more answers.

Instead it turned into a pissing match that I can’t shoot.

Dog pile even.

View Quote

I know this is probably a waste of my time since you’re obviously insufferable, but I’ll give it a try.

How do you know the problem isn’t your reloads?

Shoot some groups with factory ammo, and see how it does. If it still shoots like shit it’s the pistol. If not it’s your reloads. This is incredibly simple, and yet you refuse to do it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:14:13 AM EDT
[#40]

That’s the thing your original post reads poorly about all the guns you have sent back and how your reloads and shooting are impeccable. Then you give a bunch of short answers, defensive answers then the sim story. You were dead set the gun was faulty and nothing else. If this whole saga is real be humble, be inquisitive and be open. You may learn and may do something new for once. No one gives a shit if you shot well in some simulator over a decade ago, no one cares you think you are a good shooter. Your hypothesis was wrong and you refused to entertain other views early on and set the tone.
View All Quotes

Never said impeccable. Not at all. Only responded when people questioned my shooting ability. Yeah, I’m not a pro by any stretch but better than 8” at 12 yards supported.

And yes I made a thread about my Colt Python bullshit. Bores were absolute shit.

I’ve also had bad rifles that would not fire, namely the CZs.

So when a pistol shoots like crap when I’ve never had one shoot that bad, it fair to think is something is wrong with the pistol.

Then posters said I was recoil shy, which I’m not, at least to the point of the poor groups.

Then someone posted I should not own guns, so I posted my Appleseed patch, then someone reposted what has that have to do with pistols.

Fuck. People then said if I’m returning they many pistols, it’s me. But the Python issue was bore chatter. Never fired them. Would you keep a $1600 gun with a shitty bore? Most confirmed and said they bore was junk to return it to Colt, which I did. They then sent me a new one with bore chatter.

The CS Colt rep said the young man in charge of warranty work rushed his job as SHOT show was coming and he was leaving.

All things happen for a reason, I’m glad the Python issue did, Colt gave me a refund and ended up buying the Beretta 1301.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:15:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#41]
I do enjoy how many people think every person has a toolbox full of every high end tool for randomly measuring this or that. Sure a single pin gauge isn't that expensive, but why would he buy one for this? One guy recommended a starrett 78 which is what 900-1000? I only have a box full of shit because my grandpa and dad were machinists. No way random dude is spending thousands of dollars to measure their reloads and a random hole here and there.
View Quote
If you are going to accuse a manufacturer of being out of spec then you need to make an accurate measurement. Using a set of calipers to measure a smaller round hole is not an accurate measurement. I would only trust OP's measurement to be accurate within 0.010 or 0.015" of the real measurement. I'm not going to explain why using a set of calipers is not an accurate way to measure a hole. OP has wasted enough of my life on this stupid thread. It's like a long drawn out safe thread.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:17:23 AM EDT
[#42]
I cannot say I have ever been this anal about making sure a gun was within spec lol. It’s a Glock. Can you hit paper at 20ish yards?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:23:22 AM EDT
[#43]

Never said impeccable. Not at all. Only responded when people questioned my shooting ability. Yeah, I’m not a pro by any stretch but better than 8” at 12 yards supported.

And yes I made a thread about my Colt Python bullshit. Bores were absolute shit.

So when a pistol shoots like crap when I’ve never had one shoot that bad, it fair to think is something is wrong with the pistol.

Then posters said I was recoil shy, which I’m not, at least to the point of the poor groups.

Then someone posted I should not own guns, so I posted my Appleseed patch, then someone reposted what has that have to do with pistols.

Fuck. People then said if I’m returning they many pistols, it’s me. But the Python issue was bore chatter. Never fired them. Would you keep a $1600 gun with a shitty bore? Most confirmed and said they bore was junk to return it to Colt, which I did. They then sent me a new one with bore chatter.

The CS Colt rep said the young man in charge of warranty work rushed his job as SHOT show was coming and he was leaving.

All things happen for a reason, I’m glad the Python issue did, Colt gave me a refund and ended up buying the Beretta 1301.

View Quote

Of course I am not keeping a gun that looks like the rifling was cut with a tap, but again has no bearing here, and simply adds to the fact of you acting like the gun is the only thing that could be wrong. Then you start measuring the chamber and comparing it to the wrong dimension/print and crying foul. Again stop defending, stop deflecting and stop worrying that you or the reloads could be part of the problem. Talk through solutions offered vs trying to defend your honor online.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:25:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: boomeruni] [#44]
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
If you are going to accuse a manufacturer of being out of spec then you need to make an accurate measurement. Using a set of calipers to measure a smaller round hole is not an accurate measurement. I would only trust OP's measurement to be accurate within 0.010 or 0.015" of the real measurement. I'm not going to explain why using a set of calipers is not an accurate way to measure a hole. OP has wasted enough of my life on this stupid thread. It's like a long drawn out safe thread.
View Quote

Well and make sure you are comparing the proper dimension on the proper print.

But again sometimes you gotta try with what you have. At least no tape measures were used or bananas for scale.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:26:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By duke23433:
I cannot say I have ever been this anal about making sure a gun was within spec lol. It’s a Glock. Can you hit paper at 20ish yards?
View Quote

Not with this gun. My rounds were landing feet left, right, high and low

Friend also shot it, he too had bad impacts far away from the target.

With my other pistols, 20 yards? Sure.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:27:23 AM EDT
[#46]

Of course I am not keeping a gun that looks like the rifling was cut with a tap, but again has no bearing here, and simply adds to the fact of you acting like the gun is the only thing that could be wrong. Then you start measuring the chamber and comparing it to the wrong dimension/print and crying foul. Again stop defending, stop deflecting and stop worrying that you or the reloads could be part of the problem. Talk through solutions offered vs trying to defend your honor online.
View All Quotes

I have already said pages ago I will shoot the gun again this weekend with factory ammo.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:29:48 AM EDT
[#47]

People keep repeating this.

The two colts were never fired. I saw the chatter and sent them back, by the 2nd python with the same issue, I got a refund.

This pistol shoots like crap, so far, although more testing needs to be completed.

Others were cheap $500 lever guns. I was not expecting match ammo but they did make 1 right and shoots lights out.

What baffled me was the CZ 527. It had failures to fire, using factory and reloaded ammo.

Through my research, I was not the only one.

I’m picky. I work my ass off for the guns I buy, I want them to work and work well (reasonable accuracy).

I saved for 6 months to buy this pistol. Researched the shit out of it. Which added to the shock of the poor groupings.

View Quote

You had to save for 6 months to buy the pistol, but threw down 200 bones for a KKM barrel without even confirming anything was actually wrong with the barrel you have?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:34:11 AM EDT
[#48]
In summary:

1. Use factory 180Gn ammo
2. Have another shooter try it

If it still doesn’t group:
1. Inspect for broken locking block
2. Return to Glock

Skipping all that and going straight to buying an expensive aftermarket barrel is a waste of time on a new gun still under warranty.
View Quote

OPs story is starting to sound a bit fishy to me. He had to save up for 6 months to buy the pistol, but then spends $200 on the KKM barrel on a basically a whim.

I don’t anything about his finances, but those two things don’t seem to go together.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:34:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GenoGS:

You had to save for 6 months to buy the pistol, but threw down 200 bones for a KKM barrel without even confirming anything was actually wrong with the barrel you have?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GenoGS:

People keep repeating this.

The two colts were never fired. I saw the chatter and sent them back, by the 2nd python with the same issue, I got a refund.

This pistol shoots like crap, so far, although more testing needs to be completed.

Others were cheap $500 lever guns. I was not expecting match ammo but they did make 1 right and shoots lights out.

What baffled me was the CZ 527. It had failures to fire, using factory and reloaded ammo.

Through my research, I was not the only one.

I’m picky. I work my ass off for the guns I buy, I want them to work and work well (reasonable accuracy).

I saved for 6 months to buy this pistol. Researched the shit out of it. Which added to the shock of the poor groupings.

It was my birthday.

The KKM barrel will be for my cast bullets.

If it shoots, the Glock barrel will sit in a parts bin.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:13:38 AM EDT
[#50]
OP,

Where in California are you? I’ll be in OC a couple weeks in April. I’ll shoot your gun and even provide the ammo to show you where the problem is.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top