BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Riter:

What?  You hated my three word review?  How about two words then?

They fight!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Riter:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
How dare a movie take inspiration from the real world lmao. Some of you guys are so sensitive...

What?  You hated my three word review?  How about two words then?

They fight!

No, that works for me lol.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By macman37:
Why do you guys export your opinions to other people? ugh. so lazy.
View Quote

Outsource, they are outsourcing their opinion.

Your opinion of me based on this pedantic point is probably correct and outsourcing said opinion to others is not necessary.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CreamCheesePizza:

Dude, its a movie about a civil war. Obviously it would involve politics and all of those bad things.
View Quote

Exactly. And the bias is obvious
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NotJackMiller:

If they can really pull that off without politics, it might be worth seeing.
View Quote

How they’re going to get Texas AND California to both secede without injecting politics will be so stupid as it ruins The whole premise imo .

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By APSArmament:
No politics, yet they have "militiamen" murdering and torturing people on a whim or to settle old greivances.

Militiamen=armed civilians=war crimes.

No politics. Sure.
View Quote

You don’t believe that is exactly what goes on during a civil war?

One of the first things that goes down is a settling of old scores.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CreamCheesePizza:

Dude, its a movie about a civil war. Obviously it would involve politics and all of those bad things.

You haven't even seen it lol
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Journalists and the president aren't the real power so just a movie about the puppets.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:33:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: APSArmament] [#8]
Originally Posted By Pallas:

You don’t believe that is exactly what goes on during a civil war?

View Quote

Of curse it would. But i'd bet money they don't show what kind of a terrible shit hole, killing ground the inner cities would also become.

Hence, selective expressions of only one side of the civilian populous commiting war crimes expresses a very clear bias.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By dsteelman:

How they're going to get Texas AND California to both secede without injecting politics will be so stupid as it ruins The whole premise imo .

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NotJackMiller:

If they can really pull that off without politics, it might be worth seeing.

How they're going to get Texas AND California to both secede without injecting politics will be so stupid as it ruins The whole premise imo .

I haven't seen it either, but I sort of suspect that's the point...pair up TX and CA so it's not an obvious red vs blue movie. Unbelievable? Sure, but it's not a documentary and as the current reviews are saying it's NOT about the politics.
IMO it may be sort of a "press the I believe button" that FTL travel is real so we can get a cool sci-fi movie.

We'll see.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Of curse it would. But i'd bet money they don't show what kind of a terrible shit hole, killing ground the inner cities would also become.

Hence, selective expressions of only one side of the civilian populous commiting war crimes expresses a very clear bias.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pallas:

You don't believe that is exactly what goes on during a civil war?

The review above actually specifically states there's fighting within the cities.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MK3110:

Your opinion of me based on this pedantic point is probably correct and outsourcing said opinion to others is not necessary.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MK3110:
Originally Posted By macman37:
Why do you guys export your opinions to other people? ugh. so lazy.

Fair point, I could have phrased that better. Regardless the point is probably lost on people who don't wish to formulate their own opinions and rely on others to make their mind up for them.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:37:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: APSArmament] [#12]

I haven't seen it either, but I sort of suspect that's the point...pair up TX and CA so it's not an obvious red vs blue movie. Unbelievable? Sure, but it's not a documentary and as the current reviews are saying it's NOT about the politics.
IMO it may be sort of a "press the I believe button" that FTL travel is real so we can get a cool sci-fi movie.

We'll see.
View Quote

If, by some miracle of epic proportions, this movie made the onerous for TX and CA joining together about states rights, and didn't portray TX after a dem take over due to all the libs moving here, i might have a change of heart about this.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:38:55 PM EDT
[#13]
So, movie goers in Austin, Texas one of the most liberal areas in the entire nation thought it was awesome huh?  Tells you a lot.

I'll wait to see what more centric and sane individuals like the Critical Drinker have to say on the film.  

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#14]

The review above actually specifically states there's fighting within the cities.
View Quote

Fighting within the cities between clearly deliniated forces does not equal the breakdown of society within the cities and the rise of violent street gangs ala the current debacle in Haiti, or to an even worse extent than we experience post hurricane Katrina.

Huge difference.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#15]

If, bumy some miracle of epic proportions, this movie made the onerous for TX and CA joining together about states rights, and didn't portray TX after a dem take over due to all the libs moving here, i might have a change of heart about this.
View All Quotes

We'll see.

If, bumy some miracle of epic proportions, this movie made the onerous for TX and CA joining together about states rights, and didn't portray TX after a dem take over due to all the libs moving here, i might have a change of heart about this.

If the current reviews are to be believed it's not going to be about dems/liberals/Rs at all.

As I said, I haven't seen it either and I certainly have my doubts as well- but so far it sounds like it's worth a watch.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:40:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RABIDFOX50] [#16]
Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:
Written by raging libs.  Very doubtful.  What Bizzaro universe has Texas and Florida siding with Kalifornia?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Originally Posted By Klaatu_barada_nikto:
TLDR, so good or not so good?
Jeeze, second paragraph bro.  They're saying 8 or 9 out of 10, "haunting", lots of action, zero politics.
Written by raging libs.  Very doubtful.  What Bizzaro universe has Texas and Florida siding with Kalifornia?

It could be that  California citizens finally got red pilled and overthrew the Marxist state administration? All the woke folk FAFOed and getting offed by pissed citizen victims of an oppressive state government, maybe prompting a civil war? The possibility is there. Just spitballing.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Fighting within the cities between clearly deliniated forces does not equal the breakdown of society within the cities and the rise of violent street gangs ala the current debacle in Haiti, or to an even worse extent than we experience post hurricane Katrina.

Huge difference.
View All Quotes

Huge difference.

Okay...how do you know it doesn't show that, and why does it have to if it's not what the movie is about?

It's like you have extremely specific requirements for what is and is not included in a movie, and if it should deviate from that then it's a woke(?) mess.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I hope that's all true.  I'd enjoy a movie that didn't hammer political issues, but instead shows us where we are headed if each half of the country continues to see the other as an enemy.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#19]

If the current reviews are to be believed it's not going to be about dems/liberals/Rs at all.

As I said, I haven't seen it either and I certainly have my doubts as well- but so far it sounds like it's worth a watch.
View Quote

Just because the words "democrat" or "republican" aren't flat out stated, doesn't mean a thing.

As many here have noted already, the most liberal part of the state said ut was a great film.

There are two kinds of people. Those who can extrapolate.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Okay...how do you know it doesn't show that, and why does it have to if it's not what the movie is about?

It's like you have extremely specific requirements for what is and is not included in a movie, and if it should deviate from that then it's a woke(?) mess.
View Quote

Yea, actually i do have a requirement for people that i give my hard earned money to. They need to entertain me, not infer that i'm a bad person for my political beliefs or beat me over the head with woke shit.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Dunno.  Seems like Bad President could also fit "our" concept of what Biden/Biden Replacement might do, if the mask slipped a bit more.  Drone strikes on American citizens?  

Bad President is meant to be a cipher that Leftist Larry can point to and say "Obviously Trump!"  AND Right-Leaning Ray can point at and say "Obviously Biden!".
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Just because the words "democrat" or "republican" aren't flat out stated, doesn't mean a thing.

As many here have noted already, the most liberal part of the state said ut was a great film.

View All Quotes

You missed my point. The point is that it's not going to be about right vs left politics at all (supposedly).

Liberal parts of the country like a lot of good movies.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Yea, actually i do have a requirement for people that i give my hard earned money to. They need to entertain me, not infer that i'm a bad person for my political beliefs or beat me over the head with woke shit.
View All Quotes

Missed the point I was making, which had nothing to do about being beat over the head with politics which I also hate.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:46:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: APSArmament] [#24]
Originally Posted By Fulcrum-5:

Dunno.  Seems like Bad President could also fit "our" concept of what Biden/Biden Replacement might do, if the mask slipped a bit more.  Drone strikes on American citizens?  

Bad President is meant to be a cipher that Leftist Larry can point to and say "Obviously Trump!"  AND Right-Leaning Ray can point at and say "Obviously Biden!".
View Quote

I'd grant you that. By not identifying the political party of the president in that scenario, they can claim they are not being political and ignore the rest of their clear bias as they clearly show boogboys doing terrible shit while at the same time, ignoring the inner cities devolving or the amount of heinous shit the antifatards would be pulling off that would make the boogboys look like choir boys.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

I recall Obama stating he could have won a 3rd term easily in 2016 had he been allowed to run. Maybe he's "bad president".
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#26]

You missed my point. The point is that it's not going to be about right vs left politics at all (supposedly).

View Quote

You just keep telling yourself that.

I'm not missing any point, it's that your point has no validity.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#27]
All I’m saying is that drone striking American citizens is a literal talking point of the left (“omg your AR-15 is useless against drones, just give it up bro”), so that’s at least one tally in the column for us.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#28]
So, journalists really like a movie made about them that celebrates what they do? LOL
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Missed the point I was making, which had nothing to do about being beat over the head with politics which I also hate.
View Quote

Nope. Not missing your point. It's just wrong, so i'm disregarding it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

My point is that none of us have even seen it yet, but it sound promising so far.

Your point is that it doesn't show war crimes in the cities (which you don't even know if it's true) therefore it's biased.

Alright man.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By PacNW5:

Ironically, in the Steve Baker thread, GD said we should have respect for journalists.
View Quote

The employees of the Ministry of Propaganda?
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Jesus.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:52:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#33]

Huge difference.
View Quote

Exactly, can you imagine the chaos that would take place almost immediately.

If the film shows a clean break between two large conventional armies than that's going to be laughably oversimplified and unrealistic.

It's like in the "Red Dawn" remake when the Wolverines can still get their foot long subs from the Subway restaurant within occupied territory held by North Korean forces. That sort of unrealistic crap takes me out of movies just too much.  So, if there are people who can get gas from a gas station and electricity still powering the country it's just going to be silly.

Also, what happenes to all of the foreign deployed military assets and our allies or for that matter our enemies around the world?

If the USA ever went into such a catastrophy the whole damn world would quickly devolve into a Mad Max scenario at an astonishingly fast pace.  Nearly every place on earth would end up like Haiti pretty quickly.  The Fall of Rome would have nothing on us in terms of total chaos.

What's the aftermath in the film look like? Is the McDonalds back open and everyone just hugging it out?  If it was even close to reality the only end result would be a thousand years of chaos and darkness on par with the dark ages.  That's really the message that needs to be driven home, U.S. domestic stability is the most important thing in the world and if our Republic falls everything falls with it. Nothing on earth is more vital and precious than the United States of America, which is why the elites who are running this nation into the ground are so monsterous.

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#34]

My point is that none of us have even seen it yet, but it sound promising so far.

Your point is that it doesn't show war crimes in the cities (which you don't even know if it's true) therefore it's biased.

Alright man.
View Quote

We have this thing we rely on when making judgement calls. It's called experience based on past performance.

Knowing how hollywood has fucked up everything else in the past with very few exceptions, experience tells us this is a deceptive film that claims one thing while showing subtle biases that contradict their spoken word.

I have been hurt before, therefore i don't need to get run over with a car to know it's also going to hurt. Anticipation of an outcome based on prior experience.

Welcome to being a grown up.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Markypie:
It misses the obvious plot hole. Journalists (Since they are congenitally unable to relate facts without injecting their own left-wing biases) will be the first last to get shot.
View Quote

FIFY.  The left takes care of its own and knows how to play left wing journalists like a fiddle.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Welcome to being a grown up.
View Quote

Yes please give me more lessons on being a grown up. I hope they include completely disregarding the multiple opinions of people with first hand accounts about a certain thing an injecting one's own bias. I hope it also includes wild conjecture and nonsensical arguments, and maybe some petty insults too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#37]

Yes please give me more lessons on being a grown up. I hope they include completely disregarding the multiple opinions of people with first hand accounts about a certain thing an injecting one's own bias. I hope it also includes wild conjecture and nonsensical arguments, and maybe some petty insults too.
View Quote

I do tend to ignore the opinions of the naive.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:02:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#38]

View All Quotes

You're doing a poor job of it.

You're also ignoring the opinions of people that have actually seen the movie...

GD is an interesting place.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

One thing that gives me hope is that they actually made the Hunger Games movies . And everyone rooted AGAINST the government . Does that translate to “waking up “ to the authoritarian nature of our government ? Not so far .....

Also trying to make the “journalists “ into the heroes or at least the people we root for is suspect at best
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Also trying to make the "journalists " into the heroes or at least the people we root for is suspect at best
View Quote

Without a doubt...I'm not saying it's going to be great or unbiased. Just that it may end up being pretty good. We'll just have to see. So far I am cautiously optimistic.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#41]

I'm pretty sure these odd bedfellows was deliberate to muddy the politics.  Any "logical" combination would cause the audience to label the sides good or bad.
View All Quotes

I'm pretty sure these odd bedfellows was deliberate to muddy the politics.  Any "logical" combination would cause the audience to label the sides good or bad.

Yeah, from what I've read the movie doesn't draw any obvious political/ideological lines.  Smart on their part to appeal to the widest possible audience.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#42]
A movie based on a reporter's view of a modern civil war would be a very short movie.  Maybe like a tictoc short clip.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Jeeze, second paragraph bro.  They're saying 8 or 9 out of 10, "haunting", lots of action, zero politics.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Klaatu_barada_nikto:
TLDR, so good or not so good?

How does a movie about civil war have NO politics?  Seems like a major lacking of back story.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#44]
All I need to know is who are the non government peeps fighting the establishment and why.

Libs fighting trump… fucking Eyeroll.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#45]
No politics, yet they have "militiamen" murdering and torturing people on a whim or to settle old greivances.

Militiamen=armed civilians=war crimes.

No politics. Sure.
View Quote

Antifa types will become militiamen too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#46]
I will see and figure out what's what for myself.

Son #2 has already said this will be a birthday present to me (mine's the 11th).
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:10:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#47]
One thing that gives me hope is that they actually made the Hunger Games movies. And everyone rooted AGAINST the government.
View Quote
They're fantasy films. People rooted against the government when they saw the Star Wars movies too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:11:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#48]
Originally Posted By runcible:
No politics. None.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DirkericPitt:
Writer also says he wrote it 4 years ago,  about a president who doesn't leave after his term is over, hmm...
No politics. None.

Not sure how that’s possible, unless they never explain who’s fighting the government , what party is in control of government or why they are fighting them / what behavior government did which made people angry.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:
TLDR.
View Quote

This!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:

Not sure how that's possible, unless they never explain who's fighting the government or why.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
Originally Posted By DirkericPitt:
Writer also says he wrote it 4 years ago,  about a president who doesn't leave after his term is over, hmm...
No politics. None.

Not sure how that's possible, unless they never explain who's fighting the government or why.

The reviews make it sound like they do explain it a bit, but don't assign it to red or blue.
Page / 4
Top Top