BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 61
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By David_ESM:
Caleb Williams on how he's establishing his leadership while he's also learning the culture of the Bears:

"To be a great leader, you have to learn how to follow first. So right now I'm following all the vets, I'm following all the coaches, I'm listening - having both ears open and my mouth shut - just kind of sitting back listening. When I get to the point of when I learn everything, when I learn the ways of how we do it, the culture, the playbook and what the offensive line, wide receivers are all doing, running backs and tight ends, things like that, then you can start taking the lead, then you can start taking the helms of it and take the next steps. For right now though, I'm listening more than I'm speaking and talking and I'm taking it one step at a time and being in the moment."
View Quote

Caleb Williams lecturing on what it takes to be a great leader is like Chris Christie lecturing on what it takes to be physically fit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

The Chiefs probably should have matched this number, especially with Rashee Rice's season in limbo.

With Rice out, Justin Watson is probably WR2 until week 6-8 or so when Worthy should be coming on line and Rice comes back.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:55:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#5]
View Quote

Hard to find sympathy for someone bitching about flying commercial who, in addition to the money he has from his rookie deal and endorsements, is currently on a $112M/4 year deal.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Odds to be Week 1 starting QB.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Via PFT: The latest incident involving Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice has prompted some in the media to dust off pre-draft reports from anonymous scouts who expressed negative opinions about Rice. The fact, however, that those opinions have been validated by recent events doesn't make it right to smear players with the subjective beliefs of those who might benefit from a player slipping and sliding in the draft.

There are certain objective facts, however, that teams became aware of - and that did not come to light publicly before the draft. Those facts could impact the manner in which his current entanglements are handled by the NFL.

Per multiple sources, multiple teams learned during the pre-draft process about an alleged incident involving Rice while he was at SMU. Rice believed former SMU basketball player Kendric Davis was seeing Rice's girlfriend. Rice and some of his friends, per the specific information gathered by at least one team, went to an SMU basketball game. Rice (or someone with him), per the specific information gathered by at least one team, fired multiple bullets into the empty car belonging to Kendric Davis.

The incident was never reported to authorities by SMU. (An SMU spokesperson had no comment on the situation.)

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Via PFT: The latest incident involving Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice has prompted some in the media to dust off pre-draft reports from anonymous scouts who expressed negative opinions about Rice. The fact, however, that those opinions have been validated by recent events doesn't make it right to smear players with the subjective beliefs of those who might benefit from a player slipping and sliding in the draft.

There are certain objective facts, however, that teams became aware of - and that did not come to light publicly before the draft. Those facts could impact the manner in which his current entanglements are handled by the NFL.

Per multiple sources, multiple teams learned during the pre-draft process about an alleged incident involving Rice while he was at SMU. Rice believed former SMU basketball player Kendric Davis was seeing Rice's girlfriend. Rice and some of his friends, per the specific information gathered by at least one team, went to an SMU basketball game. Rice (or someone with him), per the specific information gathered by at least one team, fired multiple bullets into the empty car belonging to Kendric Davis.

The incident was never reported to authorities by SMU. (An SMU spokesperson had no comment on the situation.)

View Quote

Here we go again

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:06:59 AM EDT
[#9]
An article popped up on E.com about Jerod Mayo saying the legacy of the new regime in NE will be tied directly to their pick of Drake Maye at #3 in the draft. It got me wondering what BB would have done in this year's draft. Would he have picked Maye at #3? Traded down? Taken J.J. McCarthy at #3? Taken the best defensive player there?

I'm thinking he would have traded down.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
An article popped up on E.com about Jerod Mayo saying the legacy of the new regime in NE will be tied directly to their pick of Drake Maye at #3 in the draft. It got me wondering what BB would have done in this year's draft. Would he have picked Maye at #3? Traded down? Taken J.J. McCarthy at #3? Taken the best defensive player there?

I'm thinking he would have traded down.
View Quote

He definitely would have traded down and taken someone like Javon Foster in round 1.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

I don't get it....
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#13]

I don't get it....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I don't get it....

Open field tackle?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#14]

I don't get it....
View All Quotes

I don't get it....

kickoffs like that arent happening anymore
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Get this crazyness

Steelers intertained the idea of QB Justin Fields returning punts/kickoffs.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:38:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:
Get this crazyness

View Quote

tf no way.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

tf no way.
View All Quotes
Get this crazyness

tf no way.
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2024/05/11/steelers-ike-taylor-justin-fields-kick-returns-2024-season-nfl/

Danny Smith needs to fired.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

LJax gets to see his first Super Bowl banner ceremony.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:

View All Quotes

I’m not saying Groot is THE most overrated QB I’ve ever seen, but, based on media narratives, he is definitely in the conversation, IMO.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

I'm not saying Groot is THE most overrated QB I've ever seen, but, based on media narratives, he is definitely in the conversation, IMO.  
View All Quotes

I'm not saying Groot is THE most overrated QB I've ever seen, but, based on media narratives, he is definitely in the conversation, IMO.  

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:03:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#22]
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146520/Screenshot_20240317-222228_Facebook-3213258.jpg

That comparison reminds me of when Prince was talking about the Chappelle Show “Charlie Murphy’s True Hollywood Stories” skit where Prince and has effeminate crew beat Charlie Murphy and his crew in a basketball game.

Prince said “yeah, that really happened, and it’s not that I’m good at basketball, it’s that Charlie Murphy is bad.”

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#23]
This season will be the New York Giants 100th and they have a few things planned to celebrate it.

Will wear a commemorative patch all season long:

100th season apparel:

Eli Manning will throw out the 1st pitch at a Yankees game, they will give out an Eli bobble head, part of recognizing the 18 seasons the Giants played at Yankee Stadium:

The Giants will host 100: A Night with the Legends event at The Theater at Madison Square Garden. Will include current coaches, players, Tom Coughlin and Bill Parcells.

Starting in July the Giants will reveal their Top 100 Players all time.

Will designate three games during the season to celebrate phases of their history:
  • For their pre-Super Bowl era, a game with 25,000 Frank Gifford bobbleheads.
  • For their two Super Bowls from 1986-1990, Lawrence Taylor bobbleheads.
  • For their 2000's Super Bowls, Tom Coughlin bobbleheads.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
The official full schedule release has been set for Wednesday (the 15th). Will air a schedule breakdown show on the NFL Network at 8pm ET. There will be a 2 hour special version of Good Morning Football at 7am which will include the international games.

As usual, I expect everything to have been leaked out and trickled online well before the official announcement.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

“… who is a close friend of Caleb Williams.”

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#27]

I’m not saying Groot is THE most overrated QB I’ve ever seen, but, based on media narratives, he is definitely in the conversation, IMO.  
View Quote

Idk. Dude has won something like 80% of the games he has started. That's not an accident.  But, watching him attempt the forward pass is almost painful at times.

IMO he is a smaller, faster, Cam Newton. And Cam was out of the league by 32.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:13:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#28]
Originally Posted By colklink:

Idk. Dude has won something like 80% of the games he has started. That's not an accident.  But, watching him attempt the forward pass is almost painful at times.

View Quote

Has a true "dual threat" QB ever won a Superbowl?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Not to my knowledge. Steve Young would maybe be the closest.

The league rules are designed to encourage passing. QBs have all kinds of protection, as long as they are passing. As soon as they go RB that's out the window.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

People in the media were comparing him to Michael Jordan when he had fewer playoff wins than Dak Prescott.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Lamar is a good and dangerous player, and he does his part to help his team win games, but his team has been pretty consistently good on defense and ST, and his record always seems to carry weird caveats.

In particular, it's those "in games against teams that score X points" and "in games where his team trails by 10 points" stats where he tends to look pretty rough, and it tends to be because his offense has to do more heavy lifting, and they can't pay the bills with run heavy, ball control play calling.  

View Quote

The thing I have always found weird is that "dual threat" typically refers to QBs that are only relevant due to their rushing ability.

If pure pocket passers are in one category, and run heavy guys are in another, shouldn't the term "dual threat" refer to Mahomes and Allen kind of guys in the middle that can bombard you through the air AND break your defense on the ground?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#32]

People in the media were comparing him to Michael Jordan when he had fewer playoff wins than Dak Prescott.
View All Quotes

The AP also just gave him one of the most fraudulent MVP awards we've ever seen in a season where he didn't lead efficiency or volume stats.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#33]

The AP also just gave him one of the most fraudulent MVP awards we've ever seen in a season where he didn't lead efficiency or volume stats.
View All Quotes

One vote away from unanimous too with the other vote going to Allen.

Dak and Purdy (the two it SHOULD have been between) didn’t get a single vote.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

You can discount anything that a person that made that comparison forever. Because they are retarded.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#35]

One vote away from unanimous too with the other vote going to Allen.

Dak and Purdy (the two it SHOULD have been between) didn’t get a single vote.
View Quote

Yep. Purdy should have won, he had a slightly better season statically than Dak. But you are correct, it should have been between those two.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#36]

You can discount anything that a person that made that comparison forever. Because they are retarded.
View All Quotes

Regardless, that is the narrative for Groot.  That, along with his joke of an MVP, are the main reasons Groot is arguably the most overrated active QB in the NFL.

Also, his career winning percentage is 72%.  Of course, “elite” QBs shouldn’t be judged by what they do in the regular season, but by what they do in the postseason and Groot has as many postseason wins as Dak.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#37]

tf no way.
View All Quotes
Get this crazyness

tf no way.

Have you seen him play QB?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Regardless, that is the narrative for Groot.  That, along with his joke of an MVP, are the main reasons Groot is arguably the most overrated active QB in the NFL.

Also, his career winning percentage is 72%.  Of course, “elite” QBs shouldn’t be judged by what they do in the regular season, but by what they do in the postseason and Groot has as many postseason wins as Dak.
View Quote

I remember reading a few years ago it was 80%, or head it on a sports talk show, can't remember.

He does win a lot of games in the regular season. But, IMO any team with him as QB is extremely limited. They have to win a certain way. Or they lose. I still don't understand why they stopped running the ball against KC in the championship game. They totally went away from what they do best. That was kinda bizarre.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Lamar is a good and dangerous player, and he does his part to help his team win games, but his team has been pretty consistently good on defense and ST, and his record always seems to carry weird caveats.

In particular, it's those "in games against teams that score X points" and "in games where his team trails by 10 points" stats where he tends to look pretty rough, and it tends to be because his offense has to do more heavy lifting, and they can't pay the bills with run heavy, ball control play calling.  

The thing I have always found weird is that "dual threat" typically refers to QBs that are only relevant due to their rushing ability.

If pure pocket passers are in one category, and run heavy guys are in another, shouldn't the term "dual threat" refer to Mahomes and Allen kind of guys in the middle that can bombard you through the air AND break your defense on the ground?
View All Quotes

IMO, yes it should.

Favre & Rodgers made plenty of memorable scrambles for us GB fans as well, but they weren’t typically planned and you really only saw maybe one or two a game. That kind of QB should just be a QB.

A guy like Brady who only ran if he absolutely had to, and when he did everybody watching just wanted it to stop, should be a pocket passer.

Guys like Mahomes, Allen, young Wilson, or Hurts should be dual threat QBs.

Guys like Vick, Fields, & Groot should probably have a newer term like running QB’s or something.

Counter argument could be that dual threat only applies to the more run focused guys because it’s an intentional aspect of their offensive game plan vs a secondary athletic ability. Therefore from a defensive perspective there are two intentional ways that QB will attack you & you must plan for them both vs being alert to a play breaking down & the QB running which is just normal football at this point.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Maverick52:

A guy like Brady who only ran if he absolutely had to, and when he did everybody watching just wanted it to stop, should be a pocket passer.
View Quote

It will never not be funny to me how bizarrely obsessed Brady was with his rushing stats even going so far as to take kneel downs with his helmet pressed up against his center’s ass.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:56:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wobblin-Goblin] [#41]
View Quote

Elway was a true "dual threat" QB for the first half of his career, although when he won his Super Bowls, he wasn't that much of a rushing threat anymore. Steve Young definitely was a dual threat QB and he won his Super Bowl in the prime of his career.

ETA: and obviously Mahomes. Personally, I think Elway and Young were more dangerous as runners (during their prime, of course), but Mahomes absolutely is a dual threat QB.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#42]

Steve Young definitely was a dual threat QB and he won his Super Bowl in the prime of his career.
View All Quotes

Steve Young definitely was a dual threat QB and he won his Super Bowl in the prime of his career.

What’s really impressive about Young is how good his career passing stats are for the era he played in.

For career Passer Rating, Steve Young currently ranks 14th all time.  You have Joe Montana at #22, but other than him, you’d have to go all the way down to Otto Graham at #44 to find the next highest QB that played his entire career in the 20th century.  For comparison, Troy Aikman (who played during the same era as Young) is #81.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#43]

I gotta admit, that's one of the best "commemorative" logo designs I've seen.   Most are ugly.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Requiem:

I gotta admit, that's one of the best "commemorative" logo designs I've seen.   Most are ugly.
View Quote
It's nice when you can hide meaning within a simpler design. They did a really good job at doing that.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:23:56 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Very loaded field for Comeback Player of the Year.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Very loaded field for Comeback Player of the Year.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_8571_jpeg-3213454.JPG
View Quote

Stefon Diggs

Nothing for Greenlaw after blew his achilles on the sideline?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#49]

It will never not be funny to me how bizarrely obsessed Brady was with his rushing stats even going so far as to take kneel downs with his helmet pressed up against his center’s ass.
View All Quotes

It’s hilarious.

I mean the guy is the GOAT, and even if he wasn’t THE most talented passer he was still an elite passer, and he absolutely looked out of place running on the same field as the other athletes. Just take the L on your rushing stats, that’s not a bad “what would you say is your greatest weakness” stat lol.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#50]

It's hilarious.

I mean the guy is the GOAT, and even if he wasn't THE most talented passer he was still an elite passer, and he absolutely looked out of place running on the same field as the other athletes. Just take the L on your rushing stats, that's not a bad "what would you say is your greatest weakness" stat lol.
View Quote
T-257th all time in rushing touchdowns.
T-23rd all time in rushing touchdowns by a quarterback.

He's a dual threat!
Page / 61
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top