View Quote

Doesn't look like they are.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VacaDuck:
I'm sure it will work out fine.  There will be some pushback from members until they get used to the new format, but there always is when things change.
View Quote

Noooo.  We all embrace change.

Initial gripes and questions.

Questions:  

I see the mention of email in the original post.  Is this still using IMs or are we forced to go to email.  I want to keep my arfcom on arfcom and not on email.

What does this mean "The first thing to realize is this is a transactional system (finally!). This means with each sale we have a process to make that transaction easier from start to finish. This includes a 1:1 feedback, offers, sales, images for every item, historic data to compare to, improved tools, and more! In short, this opens a lot of options because of the way we handle the listings."?

It would be nice to see a tutorial, so we don't get fucked into bad feedback because the new system is weird.  IMO, since this is now a fee system a detailed tutorial should be expected.

Gripes:  

Looking at ad creations, this seems to have taken much of the spirit of a classifieds section away.  Way too formal.  IMO the accepting offers button should go away as offers are always a thing.  You don't have to accept.

Also, the shipping information needs to either change or go away as it is cost prohibitive to ship non flat rate items to Alaska or Hawaii.  I guess I can't sell a hat to anyone in Canada.  Not sure what we're trying to get at here.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#3]

That is a major malfunction if so.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:28:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AbsoluteLemur] [#4]
Originally Posted By 346ci:

That is a major malfunction if so.
View Quote

I think they simply haven't migrated listings from old EE to new EE yet.

Depending on stuff like differing database schemas, they may not be able to - any plans to migrate listings @GoatBoy?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:29:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#5]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:30:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#6]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:44:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#8]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#9]
You're screwing up a good thing the EE was fine the way it was.  This will not be a good thing.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By charliedontsurf:

Sorry, but the old EE was better, alot easier to use, and less steps to navigate through the EE sub forum.

I just don't get this place, it used to he the best online classified section to use and the easiest to navigate.....

View Quote

Hear! Hear!
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#11]
How do we add new manufacturers? Dan Wesson is not in the list
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Vanquish:
If I wanted to clean out my spare parts bin and sell let’s say 45 items individually priced, how would I go about doing that? Previously you could have one post with a list of all the items with a price next to each one.

Looking at it now, that doesn’t seem to be an option unless I’m missing something. Would I have to create 45 different listings?
View Quote

^This.

I like most of these changes, as the form prevents sloppy or lazy people from leaving out important details.  But the “one item per listing” has to go.  Someone should be able to sell “Various P365 parts” without creating 16 listings.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:
You're screwing up a good thing the EE was fine the way it was.  This will not be a good thing.
View Quote

Yep.

Why mess with what works?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Sometimes you got to cut the grass to see the snakes...
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:21:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#15]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#16]
It's all great minus the fees. Membership should bypass the fee schedule, just like the ads.

Remember when you tried to put ads on paying members? That didn't go over well.

"The plan for now" sounds like it will land eventually.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:39:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Napalmsticks] [#17]
Looks ok, but if all sales are being placed in one system there will be a ton of ads to wade through.

Is it possible to separate items into categories like they are now in EE? Like add a flag to the sale ad that buyers can filter by?

I don't always go into EE knowing exactly what I'm looking for. If I'm looking for a scope I will just go into the scope section and look around.

ETA: Also, if fees are added I would assume sellers will just mark up the item. In many cases there is no point of buying used equipment if the prices increase to nearly that of new. That was the beauty of listing on the EE here, being that there were no fees.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By spud:
It's all great minus the fees. Membership should bypass the fee schedule, just like the ads.
View Quote

Ouch.  I originally read it as no fees for team members, but it clearly says no fees to purchase.

I guess team members have to pay to sell, but it's still free to browse and buy.

It's either a poorly worded rule or we're legit charging team members for the EE.  Why do we buy memberships again?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:50:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JustDaniel] [#19]
I see that there are benefits to the new system but essentially the best gun classified section online has been converted to a bastardized eBay. At least on eBay, a seller can post multiples of an item in each listing. I think that feature, or lack there of, is going to hurt traffic to the EE. Hopefully once enough pain is felt, admin will reconsider and correct that.

ETA: Also the seller fee thing, if I’m understanding it correctly, is not going to go over well. I hope I’m wrong but you guys may have just shot the EE in the head. Time will tell I guess
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:50:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Napalmsticks] [#20]
Originally Posted By FDC:

Ouch.  I originally read it as no fees for team members, but it clearly says no fees to purchase.

I guess team members have to pay to sell, but it's still free to browse and buy.

It's either a poorly worded rule or we're legit charging team members for the EE.  Why do we buy memberships again?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/99516/Capture_JPG-3155273.JPG
View Quote

I read this as "If you are not a team member you need to validate." From reading the FAQ it seems that team members can buy and sell for free.

Eta: For now at least.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:55:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:
View Quote

Yup…

The new EE is dog shit bad.

The layout sucks, it doesn’t appear to hotlink images (and the ones I tried to upload all did so sideways or upside down…), and it takes extra steps to get to the same place as before. Also:

“nEw AcCoUnTs ArE lImItEd To 2000 wOrDs Or LeSs!!1!”

What a crock of shit. I’ve been here for over two decades, and now they want to squeeze money out of me to put up with this ass?

Whoever decided this change was a good idea should be fired… The regular ol’ EE was fine. Go back to it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Looking forward to it
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:08:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#23]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#24]
The biggest positive takeaway from the new EE is that it will force people to post a picture of the item for sale.  It seemed lazy at minimum for people not to include a pic of what they were selling.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:13:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slimjim] [#25]
Didn’t you guys try this like 10 years ago and the backlash made it go back to the way it is now and always has been?

I sell stuff here because i don’t want to deal with Gunbrokers fees. But now you guys want to become gunbroker? I am sure there are other members who deal mostly on here when they want to sell one or two items.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:16:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cardplayer] [#26]
1. Do we have to relist our current for sale items?  Answered
2. Is it possible for the site to automatically give a buyer(mostly seller) + fb after a certain time period? I know it's petty but, it takes 5 seconds to let members know it was a good transaction and there still are members that are to lazy to do it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I just reposted an add onto the new EE and closed the old add.  No problems doing so and it was pretty straightforward.  
Initially I had some questions about editing or how to quickly navigate to your add but I figured it out by playing with it a little.
I think it will be fine once folks get over the change.
Good job.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Adding fees means a new website needs to be utilized for sales is the simple opinion
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I haven't gotten a chance to explore very much, but if limited to one "item" per listing ( old system allowed many items per ad), is there a way to subscribe to certain sellers to know when they update listings or add new ones?  These are sellers I follow that update/add to things like brass sales.

Thanks-
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:36:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: craqas18] [#30]
Can you explain the auto bump for listings?

Just wondering for those who forget to close their listings and/or those whom are MIA, with an open listing.

Also just my opinion, not a fan of the best offer option. I believe negotiating should take place via PMs. Keep it simple.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:38:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: awdsuperstar] [#31]
I just listed an item for sale. I received a message saying someone accepted the price.  So I had to message them and ask how they wanted to pay. They then asked for more pictures and had questions. Meanwhile, my ad is closed and waiting on the buyer to decide if he is buying.....
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I hate change.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Nice.

That sounds like some much-needed improvements. Thanks GB
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By awdsuperstar:
I just listed an item for sale. I received a message saying someone accepted the price.  So I had to message them and ask how they wanted to pay. They then asked for more pictures and had questions. Meanwhile, my ad is closed and waiting on the buyer to decide if he is buying.....
View Quote

That is messed up that your ad is closed when you haven't even secured the funds.

Quit trying to reinvent the EE....

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Wow.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SC4eyes:
Nice.

That sounds like some much-needed improvements. Thanks GB
View Quote

What where some of the challenges in your 2 transactions?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:02:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: awdsuperstar] [#38]
Originally Posted By 67Firebird:

If the potential buyer changes his mind, is that an automatic welch?
View Quote

By him saying he wanted it, my ad got marked as sold.  I just check his feedback, big surprise, he has negatives for saying he wanted it then asking for more pictures and then not buying.

Edit: I think I screwed myself by hitting accept before researching the "buyer".  Lesson learned

Edit 2: When I clicked accept, it marked it sold.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#40]

By him saying he wanted it, my ad got marked as sold.  I just check his feedback, big surprise, he has negatives for saying he wanted it then asking for more pictures and then not buying.
View Quote

Negative fb that is not resolved should not have the ability to sell or purchase in the EE.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Cardplayer:

Negative fb that is not resolved should not have the ability to sell or purchase in the EE.
View Quote

I agree
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Easy rule - no pics, no bumping.  That includes "text/email for pics"

People who are lazy should get zero benefit outside of the initial listing.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:10:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#43]
What was wrong with the old EE?
Why was a complete change even needed?
The old EE was smooth, simple and idiot proof.

Honestly, this looks like more of a way for arfcom to make $ on EE ads(which is completely fine by me, people got to make money). But thats how its coming across to me.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Mindfull:
What was wrong with the old EE?
Why was a complete change even needed?
The old EE was smooth, simple and idiot proof.
View Quote

I'm curious about this as well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks like parts bin sales/listings of multiple items in one ad is over with. That's a bummer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:

We have thought about items like mags and need to find a solution that makes sense, but you are right for some items a higher quantity is logical. Right now the plan would be to re-list the ad once it's sold. Users can also sell them as a lot, if you had 10 mags you were selling as a single listing. "Pack of 10 Magpul Gen1 Magazines (Black)".

The best long term solution would be to limit quantity based on item value. So an item of less than $10 can have a max quantity of 20, but an item of $10-$20 has a quantity limit of 10. We will play around with it and see what makes sense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:
Originally Posted By charliedontsurf:

So, if I have 20 mags for sale, I would have to sell one at a time because I'm a non Team member now?

That's crazy.

We have thought about items like mags and need to find a solution that makes sense, but you are right for some items a higher quantity is logical. Right now the plan would be to re-list the ad once it's sold. Users can also sell them as a lot, if you had 10 mags you were selling as a single listing. "Pack of 10 Magpul Gen1 Magazines (Black)".

The best long term solution would be to limit quantity based on item value. So an item of less than $10 can have a max quantity of 20, but an item of $10-$20 has a quantity limit of 10. We will play around with it and see what makes sense.

The simpler answer would be to allow certain categories of the EE to have different quantity limits. So if someone is selling mags, for instance, the quantity is higher than if someone is selling rifles. Changing these scaled attributes makes more sense.

From a software perspective, your solution doesn't make a ton of sense to me.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top