Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't wait to see how the media tries to spin this in Biden's favor. Yes please, I would like butter on my popcorn.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:40:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
If they stick their dick in Lebanon, we're probably going to war alongside them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Originally Posted By fullmetaledges:
How soon until we start sending care packages to the North?
If they stick their dick in Lebanon, we're probably going to war alongside them.

Might be a good idea to finish one front before they start flexing nuts on another, and it's the wrong second front at that.  Their next target should be the West Bank, anyway.  For that one, they're going to need to bribe the shit out of Jordan for assistance, so they should start now.

I haven't been keeping track---and the headline is clickbait crap anyway.  Is this striking by the IDF of "a headquarters", vs the headline's "The Headquarters", in line with the overall tit-for-tat cadence typical of that theater?  Or is this a serious escalation?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By michigan66:
Don't count on the war in the north starting anytime soon.  Every few weeks a general officer goes up there and talks about possible conflict.  The Air Force has been hitting all kinds of Hezbollah targets since October, and the two HQs they hit seem to be more of the same. When they bomb something or someone big, Hezbollah goes nuts, sending  40 or 50 rockets into Israel instead of the usual 7 to 10.  

There wasn't an increase in that today.. Oops. I spoke too soon.  The HQs were a big deal.  This just came up on the live newsfeed:

Israel has alot going on.  Ramadan starts the 10th or 11th, historically they've had issues that start in Jerusalem and end up causing trouble in Gaza and the West Bank.  I'd bet they want to keep their ground troops in the north free in case they are needed elsewhere.  

Israel has said they will start the attack on Raffah in Gaza at the start of Ramadan if there is no exchange agreement.  Hamas walked out of the talks last week without an agreement.  Hamas and the commander of the IRGC both threatened an increase in attacks in the near future.  They could be bluffing, but you'd better be ready for anything in case they're not.

Biden and American support is the final wild card.  Attacking Hezbollah is a very big deal, and Israel needs to be sure they've got enough munitions to handle it and any other contingencies that might pop up.  Is Biden going to keep giving them munitions?  Don't be surprised if Biden links needed military aid to the delivery of humanitarian aid to Gaza, which might mean Israel would need additional troops to help with that.

They also have domestic political issues and some conflict inside the War Cabinet itself.  

But who knows, all I know is what open source crap I manage to find.  There might be an armored column halfway to Beirut as I type this.
View All Quotes
Don't count on the war in the north starting anytime soon.  Every few weeks a general officer goes up there and talks about possible conflict.  The Air Force has been hitting all kinds of Hezbollah targets since October, and the two HQs they hit seem to be more of the same. When they bomb something or someone big, Hezbollah goes nuts, sending  40 or 50 rockets into Israel instead of the usual 7 to 10.  

There wasn't an increase in that today.. Oops. I spoke too soon.  The HQs were a big deal.  This just came up on the live newsfeed:

The IDF said 37 rockets in two barrages from Lebanon were fired into Israeli territory, into the Meron area in northern Israel. Seven were intercepted. Hezbollah accepted responsibility for the rockets

Israel has alot going on.  Ramadan starts the 10th or 11th, historically they've had issues that start in Jerusalem and end up causing trouble in Gaza and the West Bank.  I'd bet they want to keep their ground troops in the north free in case they are needed elsewhere.  

Israel has said they will start the attack on Raffah in Gaza at the start of Ramadan if there is no exchange agreement.  Hamas walked out of the talks last week without an agreement.  Hamas and the commander of the IRGC both threatened an increase in attacks in the near future.  They could be bluffing, but you'd better be ready for anything in case they're not.

Biden and American support is the final wild card.  Attacking Hezbollah is a very big deal, and Israel needs to be sure they've got enough munitions to handle it and any other contingencies that might pop up.  Is Biden going to keep giving them munitions?  Don't be surprised if Biden links needed military aid to the delivery of humanitarian aid to Gaza, which might mean Israel would need additional troops to help with that.

They also have domestic political issues and some conflict inside the War Cabinet itself.  

But who knows, all I know is what open source crap I manage to find.  There might be an armored column halfway to Beirut as I type this.

Thanks.  Always enjoy reading your posts, with their summarized content and even-keeled tone.

My objection to supplying the IDF with materiel is similar to my objection to continuing Ukraine support at the current levels:  we're going to need this stuff pretty soon, and we're not building it up anywhere near as fast as we're shipping it out. Otherwise...exterminating Hezbollah and any Iranian advisers stupid enough to be within 25 miles of Hezbollah, is a US task that's been long overdue.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:17:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#4]
Originally Posted By Riter:
Two front war

Anybody got current Israeli GDP, growth/non-growth, inflation?
View Quote

Q4/2023 GDP was -20%
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Hezbolass terrorists need to be wiped off at some point. Any time is a good time to get rid of the terrorists.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:38:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#6]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

Thanks.  Always enjoy reading your posts, with their summarized content and even-keeled tone.

My objection to supplying the IDF with materiel is similar to my objection to continuing Ukraine support at the current levels:  we're going to need this stuff pretty soon, and we're not building it up anywhere near as fast as we're shipping it out. Otherwise...exterminating Hezbollah and any Iranian advisers stupid enough to be within 25 miles of Hezbollah, is a US task that's been long overdue.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Didn't Kamala say they are having a 6 week cease-fire?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:51:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#8]
Source

Rocket alarms sound in the Upper Galilee region, for the third time in under an hour
View Quote

Hezbollah source: We are prepared for any expansion of fighting, the response to any Israeli attack will be stronger
A Hezbollah official told the Qatari newspaper Al-Araby Al-Jadid that the organization "will not be silent about the Israeli attacks in any area of Lebanon, and the response to them will be the same and stronger."

The source added that the organization is "ready and prepared for any expansion of fighting".

Earlier today, the IDF announced that it had attacked two Hezbollah military headquarters in the Baalbak region in deep Lebanon, in response to more than a hundred rockets launched by the organization towards the Golan Heights
View Quote

Lebanon Tuesday morning

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Times of Israel:  IDF says some 4,500 Hezbollah targets hit, 300 operatives killed since start of war

The IDF has hit 4,500 Hezbollah targets in Lebanon since October 7th.  1,200 were hit by air strikes, 3,200 hit with tank or artillery fire.

450 of those targets were associated with the Radwan Force, Hezbollah's elite unit named after the mastermind of the Oct 1983 attack on the Marines in Beirut.  Link to Wiki article on Radwan Force.

Some 300 Hezbollah militants have been killed along with 30 Lebanese civilians.  Israel has seen 10 members of the IDF killed along with 7 Israeli civilians.

Highpoints in quote box
IDF says some 4,500 Hezbollah targets hit.  More than 450 sites belonging to elite Radwan force targeted.

According to the IDF’s estimates, more than 300 Hezbollah operatives have been killed, including five senior commanders, and 750 have been wounded by Israeli strikes across five months of daily skirmishes along the border.

Since October 8, Hezbollah-led forces have attacked Israeli communities and military posts along the border on a near-daily basis, with the group saying it is doing so to support Gaza amid the war against the Hamas terror group.

Over the past months, the Northern Command has led strikes from the air against more than 1,200 targets, and another 3,200 sites were targeted from the ground using artillery and tanks, the IDF said.

The IDF noted that some of the 4,500 Hezbollah targets were stuck in Syria, including on Tuesday.

Targets have included weapons depots, buildings used by Hezbollah for attacks, more than 150 observation posts along the border, some 70 command centers where terror operatives were gathered, more than 50 significant rocket launching positions, and dozens of squads carrying out anti-tank missile attacks.

Of the targeted sites, more than 450 belonged to Hezbollah’s elite Radwan force, which is believed by Israel to be tasked with potentially infiltrating the country.

The “intense strikes” against Hezbollah are [degrading] the terror group’s “air and ground capabilities as well as its top command,” the IDF said, adding that it is “constantly working to push Hezbollah’s forces and its systems out of southern Lebanon, and has carried out significant attacks in this area.”

The near-daily exchange of fire along the shared Israel-Lebanon border has caused seven civilian deaths on the Israeli side, as well as the deaths of 10 IDF soldiers and reservists.

The Iran-backed terror group took responsibility for firing around 100 rockets at northern Israel on Tuesday morning in two separate barrages, claiming that it had targeted two Israeli army bases in the Golan Heights with Katyusha rockets.

The terror group said that the rocket fire was in response to recent Israeli attacks in Lebanon, including a strike on Monday night in Baalbek in the country’s northeast, which reportedly killed a civilian.

Baalbek, an area identified in the past as a Hezbollah stronghold, is nearly 100 kilometers (60 miles) from the Israeli border.

The airstrikes targeted what the IDF said were two Hezbollah command centers used “to store significant assets used to strengthen its weapons arsenal.”

Also Tuesday, the IDF said it struck two Syrian Army sites in southern Syria, where members of the Lebanese Hezbollah terror group were operating.

In a statement, the IDF said it “holds the Syrian regime accountable for all activities which take place within its territory and will not allow for any attempted actions which could lead to the entrenchment of Hezbollah on the Syrian front.”

“Hezbollah will not be silent about the Israeli attacks,” a source with the Iran-backed terror group told the London-based and Qatari-owned publication The New Arab, also known as Al-Araby Al-Jadeed. “The response will be the same and stronger.”

“All options are open and Hezbollah is prepared and ready for any expansion [of hostilities],” the source added.

Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah met with senior Hamas member Khalil al-Hayya to discuss ceasefire efforts in the Gaza war.
View Quote

Entire article in spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Why doesn’t Israel take territory and push the Gazans into smaller areas and destroy the entire infrastructure. How does it make sense to take terrain and then give it back that sounds like Vietnam
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:13:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#11]
Originally Posted By JohnfromHR:
Why doesn’t Israel take territory and push the Gazans into smaller areas and destroy the entire infrastructure. How does it make sense to take terrain and then give it back that sounds like Vietnam
View Quote

Short answer--Israel is in no hurry to become the South Africa of the 21st century.  Sanctions, boycotts, bad relations with their neighbors, and everything a massive "ethnic cleansing"/creation of Palestinian ghettos would bring their way.  This thread is about operations in the north of Israel and Lebanon.  If you want more info on strategy, probably best to go to one of the other threads.  Or start a new one in GD.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By PredatorWhacker:
No problem. Our deeply experienced wartime president will get this straightened out when he has his “come to Jesus” sit down with Bibi.
View Quote

Now how do you say "Corn Pop" in Hebrew?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Aspida1776:

I've read the book and know that my boss is the winner!
View Quote

Ezekiel 34:30 And they shall know that I am the Lord their God with them, and that they, the house of Israel, are my people, declares the Lord God. Amen
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JimmyAR:
Sure, why not at this point.
View Quote

i mean, if they have to take their ball and go home in Gaza, why not swing by?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:16:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lexington] [#15]
Bibi to Biden, in his best Godfather impersonation: "I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse."

Subtext: "You're in this motherfucker, motherfucker."
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Some people are so hilariously self righteous that they ignore reality.
View Quote

Have you looked in the mirror lately?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Hezzies will really push the blue stars shit in....

Fax no printer
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Watch for serious fireworks from Hezbollah today.  Source

Reports: IDF struck in Lebanese city of Al-Hermel, the northernmost attack since start of war.

Iran-aligned Lebanese channel Al Mayadeen reports that the Israeli army struck a truck near the city of Al Hermel in northern Lebanon.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:20:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#19]
Haaretz | News Israel-Hamas War Day 175 | IDF Says It Assassinated Top Hezbollah Missile and Rocket Commander in Lebanon Strike Mar 29, 2024

Syrian report: Dozens killed in alleged Israeli air strikes in Aleppo; Hezbollah members among those killed
38 civilians and military personnel were killed in airstrikes attributed to Israel near the International Airport in the city of Aleppo in northern Syria, security sources told Reuters. According to the sources, five Hezbollah members were killed in the attacks.

According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which is affiliated with the country's opposition, dozens more were wounded in the attack, some seriously. The center also said the targets of the airstrikes were a Hezbollah weapons depot and a Syrian army security compound.

The Syrian Defense Ministry attributed the attacks to Israel and other "terrorist organizations," which allegedly attacked Aleppo using drones. According to the ministry's announcement, the airstrikes occurred around 1:45 A.M. local time. It was also reported that civilians and military personnel were killed. Syrian authorities did not specify an exact death count
View Quote

Tweet translation:  
Continuous violent explosions as a result of #إسرائيلي targeting missile depots in the #جبرين area near #حلب International Airport.
View Quote

IDF says it assassinated the deputy commander of Hezbollah's rocket and missile unit
The IDF reported that the Air Force assassinated deputy commander of Hezbollah's rocket and missile unit, Ali Abdel-Hassan Naim. According to the army's statement, the attack took place in the town of Zuria, near the city of Tyre in central Lebanon.

According to the IDF spokesperson, Naim was considered a significant source of knowledge within the organization and a leader in the field of rocket and missile launching. One of the tasks he was entrusted with, according to the army, was planning the routes of rockets fired on Israel.
View Quote

Senior Syrian officer tied to Hezbollah killed in car explosion near Damascus
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that a colonel-ranked officer in the Syrian army, who had close ties to Hezbollah, was killed Friday morning by an explosive device that went off in his car in the suburbs of Damascus. According to the report, the deceased was an engineer with expertise in electrical charges and explosives and was responsible for coordinating with Hezbollah and pro-Iranian militias.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Git Some !!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Reddtv:
Bomb those terrorists back to the stone age. Israel did not start this war. kill them all. Give no quarter.
View Quote

Have you seen where those turds live?  They live in something resembling maybe 2 centuries past the Stone Age.  A stiff wind would bring down most buildings in Gaza and in Lebanon.  What I don’t understand is why the Izzy’s aren’t sieging Gaza and Lebanon like days of old while conducting air strikes over head.  Cut off power, internet (at least as much as possible since hard lines aren’t the only path) and only let in food and water at points that they control.  Basically turn them in to the prisons that the liberals think they are.  I really doubt Jordan and Egypt would do anything about it other that pay lip service, and if need be tell the US government to get the fuck out of their combat zone because the Israeli government can’t prevent casualties of people who are in places they don’t belong.  I know that the Izzies are getting mil aid from the US but I’m pretty sure them being a pretty close to 1st world nation they have the infrastructure, capital and manufacturing base to build some very good weapons and munitions to their hearts content and steam roll hamas and hezbollah in to non existence or at least to a shell of their former selves.  Also I know they lossend up their firearm permiting regs, but it’s not enough.  Every Jew who is over the age of 16 (with parental approval unless over 18 or what ever their age of adult hood is) should issued a rifle if they so desire to be kept in their homes with appropriate amounts of ammunition, and if they choose to carry the weapon outside of their homes they can with a short intro and shooting course on their chosen weapon system be it a bolt action, semi or auto rifle.  Make the country a infantry country.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Hit em low
Hit em high
And watch those terries fly
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 3:29:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#23]
Now you might see fireworks. Islamist twitter says Iran's Foreign Legion has begun launching volleys at Israel.  

Iranian State Media has now Confirmed that in addition to Mohammad-Reza Zahedi and Mohammad-Haji Rahim that Brigadier General Hossein Amirollah, the Chief of the General Staff for IRGC’s Quds Force in Syria and Lebanon was also Killed in the Israeli Airstrike on Damascus, with it now appearing that at least 3 Brigadier Generals were Eliminated in today’s Strike.
View Quote

Source
Israel reportedly killed a senior commander of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) in a Damascus airstrike on April 1. Mohammed Reza Zahedi was among five people who died when an explosion took place in a private property in the vicinity of Iran’s embassy in the Syrian capital, Iranian media and local sources said. Zahedi was most recently believed to be serving as chief of the IRGC’s elite Quds Force in Syria and Lebanon — a role that would have made him a top coordinator between Tehran and Hezbollah.

Israeli officials had no immediate comment on what appeared to be a hit against a high-value target in response to escalating Iran-orchestrated attacks by Hezbollah from Lebanon as well as to more sporadic threats by pro-Tehran militias in Syria, Iraq, and Yemen.

In a March 29 statement, Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant announced a strategic shift from fending off Hezbollah to pursuing it. “We are turning from pushing back [Hezbollah] to hunting it,” he said.

“Everywhere Hezbollah is found, we reach. This is true for Beirut, Baalbek, Tyre, Sidon, Nabatieh and across the entire sector, and it is also true for much more distant places like Damascus and beyond.

Everywhere we need to act, we will act.” The identities of the other casualties in the Damascus explosion were not immediately published. Iran’s ambassador and his family were away at the time, Iranian media said.

Expert Analysis
“The precision and daring of this operation cannot be overstated. Israel is reaching a decision point on its northern front, where Hezbollah’s lethal provocations have become unbearable. Taking out a top-tier figure in the hostile axis that runs from Tehran through Damascus to Beirut is an effective way of getting the enemy to focus on what’s at stake.” — Mark Dubowitz, FDD CEO

“Iran and Hezbollah are seeking to normalize a permanent war on Israel’s northern border. Israel is not going to allow that to happen. The IRGC operates in Syria in close coordination with Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah. Israel’s actions in Syria, like Lebanon, are taken in self-defense.” — Richard Goldberg, FDD Senior Advisor
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Cool.

Kill em all.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Don't underestimate Hezbollah.  They have more and better tunnels than Hamas, they have been shooting and being shot at in Syria and elsewhere; if Israel invades they'll be fighting to defend their homes.  Israel had a hard time in 2006 and Hezbollah has gotten better.  Retired IDF officers and intel types all say Hezbollah is much tougher than Hamas; they also respect Nasrallah, the fat mullah, who has been running Hezbollah for 32 years.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VaniB:Hopefully won't be necessary.

The last thing I read about the fat mullah prick in Lebanon who has a lot of pull with what happens going forward, is that he desires to save face and look like the tough guy image he has been portraying. But the truth be that he is shitting bricks and fearing when the izzies are done cleaning  gaza, they will start focusing on HIM next!

Sinwar and other terrorists in Gaza have been so devastated by this unexpected action of war by Israel, that they are running in haste and leaving behind bundles of cash in the millions found in the tunnels! What rich terrorists like Hama's Sinwar or a fat comfortable mullah in Lebanon (who has been swindling from the UN and taking money from Iran and living very comfortable), wants his life reduced to rubble and be chased! Seems like its an undesirable position they are putting themselves and their families in because of some rag-tag hezballah radicals who can't stop shooting some skyrockets over the border and making themselves a needless nuisance to the very pissed off izzies.
Israel will rightfully do as they need while they are on a roll.

Don't underestimate Hezbollah.  They have more and better tunnels than Hamas, they have been shooting and being shot at in Syria and elsewhere; if Israel invades they'll be fighting to defend their homes.  Israel had a hard time in 2006 and Hezbollah has gotten better.  Retired IDF officers and intel types all say Hezbollah is much tougher than Hamas; they also respect Nasrallah, the fat mullah, who has been running Hezbollah for 32 years.

Yeah, Hezbollah is NOT Hamas.  Better equipped, better trained, lots of combat multi-generational combat experience; probably the best light infantry in the Arab world to be honest.  Hezbollah was used to prop up the Assad regime in Syria in their fight against ISIS and other insurgent groups.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top