Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Well done Virginia!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
You guys are so close to losing it all. Enjoy this.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:54:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By atavistic:
View Quote

We will fight and we will win.

And may everyone who left because they refused to fight never return.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:55:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ColdSmoke:
Well done Virginia!!!
View Quote

Thank you fren.

THE HUMAN SPIRIT IS RISING
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't forget that the first thing this new leftist congress passed was letting violent criminals out of jail early.  Makes sense the second thing was trying to take guns out of the hands of law abiding people.  To think we has a Republican supermajority less than 10 years ago...
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Now it’s time to fuck the traitors Virginia. Long live the Mother State!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By fenderCAB:
Don't forget that the first thing this new leftist congress passed was letting violent criminals out of jail early.  Makes sense the second thing was trying to take guns out of the hands of law abiding people.  To think we has a Republican supermajority less than 10 years ago...
View Quote

Originally Posted By HillaryClinton:
Hell yeah!
View Quote

Virginia is so much more than some faggot carpet baggers bankrolled by dirty money. And we keep proving it to the nation.

To everyone who isn't a Virginian: if they aren't successful when the seat of a corrupt federal government borders us, that is proof YOU can win as well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:07:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhiskersTheCat] [#14]
Originally Posted By Hillbilly62:
Now it’s time to fuck the traitors Virginia. Long live the Mother State!!!!!
View Quote

Thank you fren. We believed in Jeffersonian republicanism so much, we were happy to let you find your own way. We are still friends today.

Virginia believed West Virginia had a right to become its own state, which is why we never have and never will have quarrel. That's a very important part of American History that's never taught.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
If that happens we will see them at third Manassas.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Say when.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
I could use some of them spicy bois.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Hell yeah! Great news
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
Awesome.

Now let’s get to taking back the GA and state senate.
View Quote

There is indeed much work to do.

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks.

- Jefferson
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Say when.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20191123_145429_noexif-2926936.jpg

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RoccoOnFire:

Say when.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20191123_145429_noexif-2926936.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433230/1602213416219-3153885.jpg

South Carolina understands.

Mr. Calhoun was the last American to continue to develop and push for Jeffersonianism. He was based. You are based. And you guys have good BBQ.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#23]
So glad he didn't exchange away our rights for his stupid pro sports stadium.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By crurifragium:
So glad he didn't exchange away our rights for his stupid pro sports stadium.
View Quote

This is no time for ceremony. The question before the House is one of awful moment to this country. For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom or slavery; and in proportion to the magnitude of the subject ought to be the freedom of the debate. It is only in this way that we can hope to arrive at truth, and fulfil the great responsibility which we hold to God and our country. Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offence, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the majesty of heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings.

Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:24:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:31:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Excellent.  Take a moment to appreciate the victory.  

Then it's time to get back to work.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 12:56:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Congratulations on your win, Virginia!   Keep freedom rolling.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 2:15:44 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

View Quote

Not gonna lie, I got a little chub going.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 2:31:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Dodged a bullet this time…but when he’s gone and a lefty has the Gov seat…every bill they just introduced will be rammed down Virginians throats.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 3:02:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Good job VA!.  

I've stood with the Virginians before, and I do think it helped turn out the vote for Youngkin ~2 years later.

I always, as a non-resident, email the relevant politician and tell them that I'm looking for a retirement home and that passing bill X will completely ensure I don't move there with lots of money, and I'll avoid the state with tourist dollars.  It's a pretty well written email template, and it costs me 30s to customize it for each case.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 6:27:05 AM EDT
[#31]

Pocket veto means you do nothing and the bill expires worthless.

It is the same as a veto, except you're not going on record vetoing it. You just took no action to sign it into law so therefore it is not law.
View Quote

Where are you seeing these veto's? I'm not finding much other than the two he directly vetoed.

Everything I've read also says they become law if he doesn't take action and specifically veto them. Is this not the case? I'm slightly confused as there seems to be a lot of misinformation out there on the various sites.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:37:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BFskinner] [#32]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
Dodged a bullet this time…but when he’s gone and a lefty has the Gov seat…every bill they just introduced will be rammed down Virginians throats.
View Quote

Oddly enough we have the Karens in NoVA to thank for Youngkin as they were the ones who rose up to oppose that shitbag Terry McCauliff.

Unfortunately they won't do it again so next time we need to do it for ourselves.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#33]
I've traveled through Virginia (I-81 and I-77) dozens upon dozens of times since I was 20 years old and I have to tell you, if I wasn't so much of a New England boy, I'd consider Virginia as a permanent landing spot. You guys have a beautiful, history rich state.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:00:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
I've traveled through Virginia (I-81 and I-77) dozens upon dozens of times since I was 20 years old and I have to tell you, if I wasn't so much of a New England boy, I'd consider Virginia as a permanent landing spot. You guys have a beautiful, history rich state.
View Quote

As a Virginian native and one from the flat lands, the blue ridge is where it’s at. Piedmont region is ok too. Fuck Richmond, tidewater and NOVA with a rusty fork.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#35]

It is the same as a veto, except you're not going on record vetoing it. You just took no action to sign it into law so therefore it is not law.
View All Quotes
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between pocket veto and veto?

So hes a bitch who doesnt want karens to see his record. At least he didnt sign them.
If i was gov id have veto them and added a big fuck you on it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
Awesome.

Now let's get to taking back the GA and state senate.
View Quote
Yes. Question is how in the hell do we get our lazy voters out to vote?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:09:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alienwalk] [#37]
Don't some of these still need to be vetoed?

VA doesn't have pocket vetos, it would go into law if no action is taken.

I think some Bills still have yet to be sent to the Governor, e.g. HB2. So those will need to be vetoed once they are communicated to the Governor. This first batch of vetos goes to the legislation that was fast tracked and sent to his desk more than 7 days before the end of the legislative session and had to be vetoed faster.

The other bills won't have to be vetoed until 30 days after the GA adjourns, which is like April 7th?

Maybe I am wrong on that...
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:29:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jd2395] [#38]
Good deal.  If he had some spine, he would gave vetoed all of them and explained how they were unconstitutional and/or violated USSC precedent one by one, in great detail, in order to make the morons that put them forth look like the morons they are

ETA:  at least something like these:  https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/governorvirginiagov/governor-of-virginia/pdf/Vetoes-(1).pdf
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:49:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: trio] [#39]
Originally Posted By Alienwalk:

I think some Bills still have yet to be sent to the Governor, e.g. HB2. So those will need to be vetoed once they are communicated to the Governor. This first batch of vetos goes to the legislation that was fast tracked and sent to his desk more than 7 days before the end of the legislative session and had to be vetoed faster.

The other bills won't have to be vetoed until 30 days after the GA adjourns, which is like April 7th?

View Quote

No, you’re not wrong…I didn’t want to rain on his parade

Only 3 of the bills were fast tracked to him for his signature before the end of this session…..HB46 and SB47….he vetoed both of those…and HB498…that he modified the wording on and sent back….no one has seen the modification yet…it involved notification to schools if minors got access to loaded guns;;;have to see if this is a win, loss, or draw…the two vetos are wins

The rest will now go to his desk when the rest of the legislative agenda goes and will need to be signed or vetoed like everything else

In other words, the fight is nowhere near over
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By trio:

Only 3 of the bills were fast tracked to him for his signature before the end of this session…..HB46 and SB47….he vetoed both of those…and HB498…that he modified the wording on and sent back….no one has seen the modification yet…it involved notification to schools if minors got access to loaded guns;;;have to see if this is a win, loss, or draw…the two vetos are wins

The rest will now go to his desk when the rest of the legislative agenda goes and will need to be signed or vetoed like everything else

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trio:

Looks like the text of the modification to HB498 is up:
HB498 Governor's Amendment

Has to be reenacted next year. And goes to creating list to inform on sexually explicit material, drugs, and other topics.

Seems like a poison pill to me.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:20:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:39:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Charlie556] [#42]

Woke up to see this and made my day!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Paul:
Fuckers are so smart: "Prohibits home-based Federal Firearms Licensees from operating within 1.5 miles of any elementary or middle school."

But why?
View Quote

Some dumbass read the box of .22lr; "dangerous with in 1.5 miles"
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Dodged a bullet this time but when he's gone and a lefty has the Gov seat every bill they just introduced will be rammed down Virginians throats.
View Quote
Indeed. The democrat-communists are playing the long game. They aren't going to stop until private gun ownership is outlawed. Their extremely unpleasant agenda requires a completely disarmed population who won't be able to resist the rather nasty things that are coming.

Americans are going to have to figure out a long-term solution for dealing with the communists who are going to keep chipping away at every right and freedom we have until we've lost them all. I don't know what that solution is, but one had better be found.

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Sorry, you are correct.

I was at a bar trying to figure out out with one tab VCDL email and one tab governors website. When I didn't see a bill I reverted to 8th grade civics
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#47]

Sorry, you are correct.

I was at a bar trying to figure out out with one tab VCDL email and one tab governors website. When I didn't see a bill I reverted to 8th grade civics
View All Quotes

Sorry, you are correct.

No worries!

Just don't want people to stop writing the Governor yet. Still need to keep the pressure on him to veto the rest of these!
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TheLASwamp:
Indeed. The democrat-communists are playing the long game. They aren't going to stop until private gun ownership is outlawed. Their extremely unpleasant agenda requires a completely disarmed population who won't be able to resist the rather nasty things that are coming.

Americans are going to have to figure out a long-term solution for dealing with the communists who are going to keep chipping away at every right and freedom we have until we've lost them all. I don't know what that solution is, but one had better be found.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheLASwamp:
Dodged a bullet this time but when he's gone and a lefty has the Gov seat every bill they just introduced will be rammed down Virginians throats.

I think we all know what the solution will be and sooner or later we’ll all have to start thinking about how we will implement that solution.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Charlie556:

I think we all know what the solution will be and sooner or later we'll all have to start thinking about how we will implement that solution.I
View Quote
I'm sure those who plan to disarm everyone and stick the Americans in gulags, or worse, hope that everyone will remain disorganized, unmotivated, lazy, while bickering with one another instead of recognizing who the real enemy is. So far, they seem to be getting their wish. If that doesn't change, the Americans will have plenty of time to think about it while they waste away in the camps. It doesn't seem like most people think it can happen here. Just a few decades ago, no one dreamed it could happen in Venezuela. One of the most prosperous nations in the area, they even had a constitution and gun rights. They, like us, decided to vote for the utopian dream of socialism. Now, they have gulags, government death squads, runaway inflation, famine, and people fleeing the country by any means available. You bet your ass it can happen here. We know this because we're watching it happen in real time.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#50]
It's pretty scary that that many anti-2nd Amendment bills made it to his desk
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top