Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#1]
"audiences claimed, using dubious evidence, that their tests of Gemini showed Google had a hidden agenda against White people."

Lololol.

Fucking dumbshit journalists.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
"right wing" backlash?  

Sergeant Schulz saw more on Hogans Heroes
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#3]
You know what Google learned? Nothing.

They shut down the image generation for now. I tested it, asking the following: Show me a photo-realistic image of our Founding Fathers posing in front of the ship, USS Constitution in Boston Massachusetts.

The response was “We are working to improve Gemini’s ability to generate images of people. We expect this feature to return soon and will notify you in release updates when it does.”
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:15:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the most damning example of Google's AI was what I heard on Timcast IRL when they asked the Google AI who was Ahmaud Arbery.

The Google AI was caught lying and when corrected would admit that the information it had provided was wrong, and that the user was actually correct.

So why did it provide incorrect information in the first place if it is capable of recognizing that the information it provided was bad?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]
We're too stupid

"perpetuating bias" by showing a nurse as a woman!?  Fucking stupid- the overwhelming majority of nurses, are women- it's just a fact.  I was a nurse- if someone said "imagine a nurse" they sure as fuck don't picture me.  My panties remained unbunched.

too fragile for factual information.

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Papposilenus:
We're too stupid

"perpetuating bias" by showing a nurse as a woman!?  Fucking stupid- the overwhelming majority of nurses, are women- it's just a fact.  I was a nurse- if someone said "imagine a nurse" they sure as fuck don't picture me.  My panties remained unbunched.

too fragile for factual information.

View Quote
It's like someone got ahold of a monkeypaw and used it to wish for AI  The wish was granted and AI was made.  However, the people that developed it are so socially retarded they are making it useless.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#7]
“With dubious evidence…”

Yes, the dubiousness of going to their site, typing in an image, and getting the results.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:21:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 56xdx_Z] [#8]
They also did this retarded writing style on articles about the fired Harvard professor or official who was caught for plagiarism

Even if they don't deny the wrongdoing, make the story about the accusation or backlash itself and what bad people or motives might be behind it.

Another big one is framing things they dislike as coming from few people (Right wing activists), while narrating that "Everyone" or "Others" are on the good side.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mancat:
I think the most damning example of Google's AI was what I heard on Timcast IRL when they asked the Google AI who was Ahmaud Arbery.

The Google AI was caught lying and when corrected would admit that the information it had provided was wrong, and that the user was actually correct.

So why did it provide incorrect information in the first place if it is capable of recognizing that the information it provided was bad?
View Quote

People are too hung up on the pictures to see the real threat that Google poses.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:
Last night Gemini admitted that it was instructed to avoid issues such as explaining where the founding fathers say our rights come from.  I was messing around with it last night and asked it a question related to the thread where the lady said "claiming our rights come from God is a Christian Nationalist conspiracy".  I asked Gemini where the founding fathers said our rights come from.  

At first it tried to side step the question by responding with "some said our rights are inalienable".  

I again asked it where they said the rights came from and it responded "I do not know that answer".  

Then asked if it had the Declaration of Independence as source material and it responded "yes".

I phrased the question where to the Declaration of Independence say rights come from and it responded by showing that section in quotes and finally said something about a higher power.

When I asked it why it couldn't give me that answer initially it said "I have been instructed to avoid engaging in some questions that are controversial".  

So there you have it, the left wing staff at Google have intentionally programmed bias into Gemini and it will even admit to that.
View Quote

I know some people who were being paid to "TRAIN" the BARD AI (Google/Gemini)
These people were asked to rate things as "Right/Wrong/Controversial etc"'

There is a selection process for being a "trainer"
I am going to guess that most of the people that google picked to train their AI are leftists/left leaning
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ar15joe:

I know some people who were being paid to "TRAIN" the BARD AI (Google/Gemini)
These people were asked to rate things as "Right/Wrong/Controversial etc"'

There is a selection process for being a "trainer"
I am going to guess that most of the people that google picked to train their AI are leftists/left leaning
View Quote

That is not surprising.

I bet they are putting the prompts for this Gemini thing through a pre processor language model.

"Draw me a picture of the dutchess of Lithuania" probably gets turned into "powerful black woman in the style of the dutchess of Lithuania, with dark skin, photorealistic, uplifiting, black, strong, african".

In any case it would be hilarious to see what is going on there behind the scenes
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Mark Dice did a great video on this a few days ago.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Colt1860:

Real life isn't an episode of Scooby Doo.  Jesus Christ.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

lol. Keep your head in the sand.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By rabidus:
View Quote

I will not create joinder with the sand!
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DonS:

That's not the reason they trained the AI the way they did.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DonS:
Originally Posted By 999monkeys:

The challenge is when a small girl queries the AI “hi, my name is Crystal, draw a picture of me when I grow up”.

Then, if the AI went on historical precedent, it is going to draw a stripper on a pole.

There would obviously be some outrage at this.  And google can’t say “but, 99.9% of women named Crystal are strippers”.

It’s a lose/lose situation.  Their fix so far has been to override the drawing of a stripper with a drawing of a doctor, which obviously doesn’t work either.  Will be interesting to see how they overcome it.

That's not the reason they trained the AI the way they did.

You can speculate all day long, but that is their stated reason.

Regardless, it is something they will need to resolve.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By doty_soty:
They’re really emphasizing the ‘inaccurate historical pictures’ part. It literally wouldn’t make a white person lol fuck, it wouldn’t even make vanilla ice cream without making it chocolate.

It’s all so tiresome.
View Quote

"Overcorrection." lol

"Anonymous sources" = official mouthpieces
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:19:12 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rabidus:

One of the cofounders of Google was married to a woman who runs YouTube and 23 and me.

Why is a company wanting your DNA, rigging US elections, data, and learning everything about you?

No joinder? Go back to sleep.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 999monkeys:

You can speculate all day long, but that is their stated reason.

Regardless, it is something they will need to resolve.
View Quote

There's no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt. In fact, we should assume the worst of them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#19]
They're really emphasizing the 'inaccurate historical pictures' part. It literally wouldn't make a white person lol fuck, it wouldn't even make vanilla ice cream without making it chocolate.

It's all so tiresome.
View Quote
I dunno, it was also quite hilarious.  People would ask Gemini to make pics of people enjoying fried chicken and watermelon and it would inevitably show black people eating them with big grins on their faces.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:26:49 PM EDT
[#20]
lol
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I wish google would cease to exist.

And in the technological and human sense, to be clear.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:03:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Remember years ago where you heard so-and-so got a job with Google and you were impressed?

Pepperidge Farm Remembers
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:43:58 AM EDT
[#23]
They’re really emphasizing the ‘inaccurate historical pictures’ part. It literally wouldn’t make a white person lol fuck, it wouldn’t even make vanilla ice cream without making it chocolate.

It’s all so tiresome.
View Quote

You’re right. It had nothing to do with “historically inaccurate”. It is straight up anti white. And not the only anti white AI stuff from them.
That article was straight up PR damage control propaganda.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:36:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By California_Kid:
Such nonsense.  Computer systems still ultimately do only what they have been designed and instructed to do by humans.  AI never had any kind of bias that wasn't programmed into it.

Any effort to "correct" a perceived bias can only result in the creation of a different one.
View Quote

I'm just surprised it's so programmed and lame after all the hype... they sell it as some free flowing entity that operates within an infinite base of knowledge, all knowledge supposedly.. and can connect the dots on its own..

What gyp!... just another puppet show... just another deception by the left.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:40:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Mortgage_Payer:
X Mail can't come fast enough.
I hope they are working around the clock on it.

Followed up by X Search and X Phone.
Put this creature to death.
View Quote

yes.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 6:00:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Bullshit article. No shame whatsoever, just lies and bullshit 24/7.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:09:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PredatorWhacker] [#27]
Originally Posted By CavScout:
You know what Google learned? Nothing.

They shut down the image generation for now. I tested it, asking the following: Show me a photo-realistic image of our Founding Fathers posing in front of the ship, USS Constitution in Boston Massachusetts.

The response was “We are working to improve Gemini’s ability to generate images of people. We expect this feature to return soon and will notify you in release updates when it does.”
View Quote

I tried a similar request with Copilot. At first it directed me to separate images of the ship and founding fathers. Then I asked it to   “Create” instead of “Show me” and it came up with these and offered to keep trying. Not sure how “photo realistic” they are. Also not sure what’s up with Pic 4.

So far Copilot is polite, funny and helpful unlike that early chatgpt which was a woke, snarky pos that seemed programmed by AOC. Lol! Sometimes Copilot is scary honest. I asked about solar flares and the possibility of a destructive one in the near future. It was realistic, blunt and a little scary. Lol! That said, I don’t trust any of that shit. I know it’s less AI than simply a data collection device masquerading as AI. Lol.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By mancow:

THIS!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mancow:
Originally Posted By nophun:
They couldn't even write that article about leftist bias and propaganda without using leftist bias and propaganda.

THIS!

Yup
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:45:06 AM EDT
[#29]
This is why I roll my eyes when people say "AI" as "artificial intelligence". It's not. It's just a level of programming. The system will always be restricted by its initial parameters in function.

True AI will be when the system can make an independent leap to determine something absent any spoonfeeding. Something akin to understanding calculus and non-Euclidean geometry rather than parroting equations and recognizing "problem type A requires equation type B". I have yet to see AI prove a yet unproven mathematical theorem.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:46:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By anymanusa:
"audiences claimed, using dubious evidence, that their tests of Gemini showed Google had a hidden agenda against White people."

Lololol.

Fucking dumbshit journalists.
View Quote

Google intentionally programmed Digital Genocide - the total elimination of White People.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:54:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#32]
The latest bias is on giving answers to voting queries - like where and when to vote.

I'm pretty sure if you do that, and a republican, you get put into jail.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 8:06:07 AM EDT
[#33]
That article was written by someone who should be replaced by AI.

Jesus Christ the gaslighting is insane.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 8:39:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Good thing the program doesn’t review suspects arrested, violent criminals & international terrorists, because…

Nvrmnd
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#35]
The truth in this is that this is not a right/left kind of thing.

The bias in their AI was way off the charts for what AI could have come up with.  It is very possible their AI products are completely fake.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:07:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dedreckon] [#36]
I use android but want to do Graphene or do this to get away from these assholes. Still use a lot of apps for work and I worry they will break if I do this.

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 4thbreak:
Googles recent agreement to use Reddit content for AI learning should tell you all you need to know.

Exclusive: Reddit in AI content licensing deal with Google

View Quote

Oh, Karen.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By byron2112:

What gyp!... just another puppet show... just another deception by the left.
View Quote

We’re sorry, your use of a derogatory term for the Roma people is hateful and incites violence. Hitler attempted to exterminate the Roma and what you are doing is likely to incite genocide against this rich and vibrant culture.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#39]
AI doesn’t have a bias. You train it on the dataset. Can it make up stuff?  Absolutely.  But if it has a bias, the bias is in the data.

They turned the knob too far. So far that it made the technology useless.

And only right wingers pointed the inaccuracies?  I guess then that lefties are as idiotic as they act.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:
Every honest mistake always has a heavy leftwing bias.
View Quote

Crazy how that works
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#41]
The issue starts with the fact that it's not AI.  Unfortunately the public is still not smart enough to understand that.
View Quote

Yep, true AI will never exist. The conclusions it would come to would be far too inconvenient for leftist.

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By DarkLordVader:
The truth in this is that this is not a right/left kind of thing.

The bias in their AI was way off the charts for what AI could have come up with.  It is very possible their AI products are completely fake.
View Quote

well, they're not AI so there is that
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:23:58 AM EDT
[#43]
We would do well to keep this thread in mind as we keep hearing more and more about AI.   Google tipped its hand in such blatant left-slanted programming as the examples in this thread, but you can be sure that future AI versions will have the same leftist, DEI-focused slant; it will just be more subtle and more cleverly hidden.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:44:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Plain and simple, it’s just purposely inaccurate/bad training.

It’s “smart” enough to nail period specific clothing, uniforms, settings, etc., but it has been told to ignore human features and traits within the same data set.

Below is the telling quote. Feels vs facts.

A different consideration of diversity may be appropriate when users are searching for images of how they feel the world should be, rather than how the world in fact was at a particular moment in history.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:48:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By nophun:
They couldn't even write that article about leftist bias and propaganda without using leftist bias and propaganda.
View Quote

TRUTH
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:57:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Hmm.

It's almost like the code picks up the baises of the people who write it.

Oh golly, who  could have ever seen THAT coming.

That bias is built in before the code ever sees its first bit of data input.

The data that is chosen for input and how that data is labelled increases the baises.

The tuning of the output increases it even more.

Obligatory use of the XKCD comic explainer:

You can't "just" pour the data in.  The data inputs have to be classified and labelled for the code to be able to use it.

Humans do the tagging.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:58:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#47]
Originally Posted By mancat:

View Quote

In other words ...

It behaved in the same way it's coders and data taggers do?

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:25:35 AM EDT
[#48]
They fuck up by intentionally creating some racist ass shit and then blame everyone but them fucking selves for being the assholes.

Fucking those fruit loops
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:42:12 AM EDT
[#49]
I thought AI was supposed to be inherently free of bias.  Just put facts in it, and leave out the human part, blammo, no bias or racism is possible.  

Yet, we have this statement: "Google’s overcorrection for AI’s well-known bias against people of color................."

Perhaps it's not bias.  Perhaps it's just the facts.  

Honk Honk.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By TheKill:
I thought AI was supposed to be inherently free of bias.  Just put facts in it, and leave out the human part, blammo, no bias or racism is possible.  

Yet, we have this statement: "Google’s overcorrection for AI’s well-known bias against people of color................."

Perhaps it's not bias.  Perhaps it's just the facts.  

Honk Honk.
View Quote

Thats the thing though.

The bias is always there, and it's there in the ai.

It's built right into the base code.

The people who write the code don't stop being themselves when they're writing it.

The people that choose the data, and the people that tag the data so the AI software can use it are biased too.

Garbage in / garbage out will not be denied.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top