Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2001 8:54:41 PM EDT
I went to the shooting range Monday with a new scope on my AR to see how well it would perform, the scope that is.I bought a Tasco custom shop 8-40x56 to go on my Les Baer AR until overtime kicks back in (I planned on getting a Nightforce).  Anyway, I took with me some Blackhills 55gr.psp. and 52gr.match, and some PMC 52gr. match. The 55s would consistantly group 1/2" center to center or just slightly better. The 52s in Blackhills would shoot in the threes (.320,.365,.315).The PMCs (product code 223SMA) shot exceedingly well. The groups measured (again center to center) .285,.190,.081! Yes, I said .081! I've got witnesses! It my be a fluke and I ran out of this load as I only bought one box to try them out. I fired 3 3-shot groups at 100 and 200 yards with each load. The measurements above were taken at 100 yards!!!!  My best 200 yard groups are right at 1/2".
My friends that shoot 6ppcs were astonished as was I to see such accuracy out of a semi, with factory ammo to boot. As soon as I got off work Tuesday I ran over to the local toy store with my target and bought the last two boxes of PMCs. The guy that runs the shop has a target AR also, and promptly reordered some of the PMCs to try out in his.
.081!!!!!!!!!!! that's .305 outside to outside!!! It still blows my mind. If you haven't seen the Les Baer ARs you are missing out!
NO BRAG! NO LIE!  Well maybe bragging a little. but still no lie!  
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:02:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent job.  Scilence some of those "Well my bolt action can..." guys
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn good shooting, man!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:17:50 PM EDT
[#3]
NO ONE can beat my 400 yard one shot .30" groups, with my 308!

CONSISTENTLY!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Captain Obvious:
NO ONE can beat my 400 yard one shot .30" groups, with my 308!

CONSISTENTLY!
View Quote

Umm...wait...OOOOOOOOOO
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#5]
If I shot a .081" group,I would definitely be doing some bragging. No apology needed,you earned it!
[sniper]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top