Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 33
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Wife pressure cooked the left over prime rib fat, bones, steak scraps and made a beef bone stock.
Attachment Attached File

Dinner was 70/30 ground rib eye/tenderloin in Kerry gold butter.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm at about 5 weeks I guess.

Talked my wife into it. She's on day 3.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
Wife pressure cooked the left over prime rib fat, bones, steak scraps and made a beef bone stock.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/IMG_6783_jpeg-3185167.JPG

Dinner was 70/30 ground rib eye/tenderloin in Kerry gold butter.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/IMG_6785_jpeg-3185168.JPG
View Quote

I've been saving all bones, even chicken bones to make broth with.

I don't have any fat or steak scraps left over to add to it though. How do you have that stuff left over?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:13:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Codyboy:

View Quote

There’s no need to set up elaborate excel spreadsheets to track all your progress, but you should probably at least keep track of when you started.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:20:30 AM EDT
[#6]

I've been saving all bones, even chicken bones to make broth with.

I don't have any fat or steak scraps left over to add to it though. How do you have that stuff left over?
View Quote

Pre carnivore we’d save some roast, prime rib,fat we cut off stuff, and cow bones from random cuts (t bone, etc). And freeze it all to make soup later.

I buy cow by the half so not always up to me what cut I get, but processed weight coming in under $4 a pound means I’ll get over that.

The ground beef was a butcher clearing out trimmings from Christmas. $3 a pound. I took all 50 and we sealed it in small packs.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:45:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

There’s no need to set up elaborate excel spreadsheets to track all your progress, but you should probably at least keep track of when you started.
View Quote

Dont hate the playa, hate the game
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:50:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh here’s an interesting data point. I went to get a fancy eye exam 12/9/23 and had some general inflammation of my vessels of the eye and a small spot of concern. Also my old reading glasses weren’t enough anymore.

Went yesterday (cause I took a laser toy blast to the eye from my kid an has a dark spot/floater for a while).

All inflammation and the worry spot were gone. I don’t need glasses to read currently. Doc was legit amazed at how my eye looked and improved over 4 months. I said I had started carnivore and she’s like “yeah that’s why there’s zero sign of diabetes or anything, your shit looks amazing”.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:01:39 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

March 3 for me. When I say I guess, thats just the way I talk.

I'm just astounded that she is getting in on it too. Heck she's now obsessed with looking stuff up about it.

I don't even know how to use excel. I wrote down my weight when I started on a piece of paper that's it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm like 6 weeks in and I've lost about 15 pounds. That said, I'm "leaner" than I was the last time I lost 15 pounds. If "leaner" is something you can say about a guy that weighs 265.

It's like the composition of what I'm losing is different this time. I think on a long enough timeline I'm going to be actually lean. I go for a heath and wellness physical every year. They did a body scan on me. The guy said "I've got some good news and some bad news. You're carrying as much muscle as a pro bodybuilder. That's the good news. The bad news is that it's covered in fat".

Maybe I'll uncover all the muscle doing this.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Eitek1:
I'm like 6 weeks in and I've lost about 15 pounds. That said, I'm "leaner" than I was the last time I lost 15 pounds. If "leaner" is something you can say about a guy that weighs 265.

It's like the composition of what I'm losing is different this time. I think on a long enough timeline I'm going to be actually lean. I go for a heath and wellness physical every year. They did a body scan on me. The guy said "I've got some good news and some bad news. You're carrying as much muscle as a pro bodybuilder. That's the good news. The bad news is that it's covered in fat".

Maybe I'll uncover all the muscle doing this.
View Quote

I am in the same boat.  Started about 8 weeks ago and am down 16 lbs.  At 230 now and it's the "leanest" 230 I've ever been at.  My BMI is horrible but body fat is at a respectable at 20%.  Would love to lose around 10 lbs and get my body fat into the mid-teens.  I've lost bad weight and added a little muscle mass without lifting while on carnivore.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:00:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bogdan] [#12]
Originally Posted By JazzFan:

I am in the same boat.  Started about 8 weeks ago and am down 16 lbs.  At 230 now and it's the "leanest" 230 I've ever been at.  My BMI is horrible but body fat is at a respectable at 20%.  Would love to lose around 10 lbs and get my body fat into the mid-teens.  I've lost bad weight and added a little muscle mass without lifting while on carnivore.
View Quote

You added muscle mass without lifting and in a caloric deficit?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

View All Quotes

My testosterone therapy clinic has one of those body scanners.  Not sure how accurate they are but it said my muscle mass went up 2%.  It also calculates body fat and visceral fat. I am eating well over 2,300 calories, so wouldn't say I am in a  calorie deficit by any means...
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:30:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: corruptor] [#14]
Pre carnivore we’d save some roast, prime rib,fat we cut off stuff, and cow bones from random cuts (t bone, etc). And freeze it all to make soup later.
I buy cow by the half so not always up to me what cut I get, but processed weight coming in under $4 a pound means I’ll get over that.
The ground beef was a butcher clearing out trimmings from Christmas. $3 a pound. I took all 50 and we sealed it in small packs.
View Quote

@steviesterno16
Who are you buying from?  I'm taking delivery of a half at the end of the month at $5.25/lb  
I'm not sure 180lb of beef is a good idea for a single guy, but it is what it is
I'm also in the market for a half pig if your people sell pork.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#15]

My testosterone therapy clinic has one of those body scanners.  Not sure how accurate they are but it said my muscle mass went up 2%.  It also calculates body fat and visceral fat. I am eating well over 2,300 calories, so wouldn't say I am in a  calorie deficit by any means...
View Quote

DEXA or pod? either one can easily make a 2% error. If you are fat it is possible to do some body recompositing in the the early stages. Congratulations and good job.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:05:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: steviesterno16] [#16]
Originally Posted By corruptor:

@steviesterno16
Who are you buying from?  I'm taking delivery of a half at the end of the month at $5.25/lb  
I'm not sure 180lb of beef is a good idea for a single guy, but it is what it is
View Quote

Inlaws live in rural PA. They get it up there and bring it down when they visit. No pork and if I paid actual cost for transport it would cost more obviously but they get to visit the grandkids and we buy them a few dinners out.

The weight makes sense. We bought a chest freezer and stand up freezer and eat our way through the year or so. Stock up on store stuff only when it’s on sale or we want a cut we don’t have.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:42:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Inlaws live in rural PA. They get it up there and bring it down when they visit. No pork and if I paid actual cost for transport it would cost more obviously but they get to visit the grandkids and we buy them a few dinners out.
The weight makes sense. We bought a chest freezer and stand up freezer and eat our way through the year or so. Stock up on store stuff only when it’s on sale or we want a cut we don’t have.
View Quote

Gotcha.
I might have to upgrade my freezer situation.  I have one 5cf chest freezer that's empty, and another that's 3/4 full, plus a little space in my refrigerator freezer.  I need to get things consolidated and sorted out, plus I need to eat my way through all of the beef I currently have.  Carnivore for the rest of the month!  
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#18]

@steviesterno16
View Quote

Youll probably be eating a 1lb +/- a day of beef so it will be fine.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm at 31 weeks on carnivore.

Started September 8 last year at ~310 lbs.

today I weighed in at 240.8.  Almost 70 pounds in 7 months.

I do not limit my food intake, but it's mostly just beef.  Lots of fat, lots of ground beef and NY Steaks.  I drink only glass bottled carbonated mineral water, no sugar or flavorings (Topo Chico) and I also have daily black coffee and Celtic salt.

I will never go back.  This has changed my life in so many ways.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

View All Quotes

@steviesterno16

I go through a small side of beef about every three months, mostly just me, my wife eats a little of it, not much, honestly.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MkTwain:
I go through a small side of beef about every three months, mostly just me, my wife eats a little of it, not much, honestly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MkTwain:

Good to know.  I figured 1.75lbs per day, but that does not account for other meats, cheese, eggs, etc.  1lb per day with all of that added in sounds about right.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I was buying some 73/27 ground beef when I saw this.

I have no idea how someone could cook that into burger patties with it tasting decent AND not falling apart.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Had a weird weekend, for me at least.

Last meal Friday was 5:15pm. Got up Saturday, did stuff all day and didnt eat until 8:15pm

Then today, did the same. Worked around the house all day, and didnt eat until 7:45pm.

So it was 2 fasts back to back, 27 hour and then 23.5 hour, but not intentional and I was fine all day.

I never even did that on Adderall
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:22:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Had a weird weekend, for me at least.

Last meal Friday was 5:15pm. Got up Saturday, did stuff all day and didnt eat until 8:15pm

Then today, did the same. Worked around the house all day, and didnt eat until 7:45pm.

So it was 2 fasts back to back, 27 hour and then 23.5 hour, but not intentional and I was fine all day.

I never even did that on Adderall
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:37:36 AM EDT
[#25]
In terms of overall calories, I’m probably not far off from where I was pre-carnivore and yet my “backdoor output” is probably around 20% of what it was before.

It’s almost as if our bodies weren’t designed for digesting massive amounts of carbs, sugar, foliage, etc.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:53:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#26]
It’s almost as if our bodies weren’t designed for digesting massive amounts of carbs, sugar, foliage, etc.
View Quote
I think of it as a design built in as an option. No meat around? You can survive on carbs and foilage, its just not ideal.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Pork ribs
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

WTH?  Someone posting a pic of food that actually looks good?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:53:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JasonK94Z] [#29]
I stalled out on losing weight for almost 3 weeks now.  

First 6 weeks I lost 25 pounds. I’m currently sitting on a weight and fluctuating a pound or two. It’s starting to get frustrating.

Anyone know what to do to kick this weight loss off again?  Have about another 20 to go.

Only eating twice a day.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:00:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JasonK94Z:
I handled out on losing weight for almost 3 weeks now.  

First 6 weeks I lost 25 pounds. I’m currently sitting on a weight and fluctuating a pound or two. It’s starting to get frustrating.

Anyone know what to do to kick this weight loss off again?  Have about another 20 to go.

Only eating twice a day.
View Quote

How much do you weight? Also firs 20 or so pounds are often water weight loss for people.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#31]

First 6 weeks I lost 25 pounds. I'm currently sitting on a weight and fluctuating a pound or two. It's starting to get frustrating.

Only eating twice a day.
View Quote
Why are you eating twice a day.  One Meal A Day (OMAD) is a thing.  Easy to do with enough fat in your diet.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Why are you eating twice a day.  One Meal A Day (OMAD) is a thing.  Easy to do with enough fat in your diet.
View Quote

For some of us it is because we are trying to keep our muscle mass and that requires regular protein intake. At least pre and post workout.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#33]
I was buying some 73/27 ground beef when I saw this.

I have no idea how someone could cook that into burger patties with it tasting decent AND not falling apart.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_8022_jpeg-3187379.JPG
View Quote

I've tried it before a long time ago. It's more expensive and tastes like cardboard.

We used to do the 85/15 all the time for burgers or spaghetti or whatever else. We were ignorant of the fact that less fat is less healthy until I started carnivore.

Now we buy the 73/27 rolls for convenience . I will get the tray if I know I'll use more than a pound at a time.

I want to find some 70/30 though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#34]

How much do you weight? Also firs 20 or so pounds are often water weight loss for people.
View Quote

I’m at 250 now. 6’3”
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes

First 6 weeks I lost 25 pounds. I'm currently sitting on a weight and fluctuating a pound or two. It's starting to get frustrating.

Only eating twice a day.

Because I get hungry as hell around 1pm with no breakfast. Then pretty hungry again around 7pm or so.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Was that on the smoker or in the oven?

How was it done? Temps? Time?

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#37]

I’m at 250 now. 6’3”
View Quote

So look at it this way 1% of your body fat and under is good loss. So 2.5 pounds per week max should be your goal. Yo weight 225?  2.2 pounds per week and under is a good goal etc.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:07:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Codyboy] [#38]

Only eating twice a day.
View Quote

What are you eating?

I stalled out and actually gained some back (around 8 lbs. ) after eating some bullshit fajita tacos from a food truck. I won't be doing that again. "Aww , what can a couple of tortillas do"? I told myself.

Yep it took a week to get back right. Now I can weigh at night after eating and taking in liquids all day and by morning when I weigh again I'm 5 to 6 lbs down. Crazy.

I'm 19 lbs down from when I started on March 3. I don't think I can lose much more if any. I'm 5'-4",  this morning I weighed in at 149.

ETA- according to one chart I looked at 143 lbs is the max I should be. That sounds crazy.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Wood pellet grill. My wife did it , I am just a trophy husband there to look pretty. But I think it was 230 degrees for 2 hours and a wrap in foil after followed by more smoking for 2 more hours.
She toasted and ground up her own spices for the run. Cumin based rub.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#40]
A fellow RecTeq user.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#41]

Wood pellet grill. My wife did it , I am just a trophy husband there to look pretty. But I think it was 230 degrees for 2 hours and a wrap in foil after followed by more smoking for 2 more hours.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557299/1000006215-3188516.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557299/1000006214-3188517.jpg
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557299/1000006215-3188516.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557299/1000006214-3188517.jpg

I need to get another pellet grill. Well I still have the barrel and use it as a charcoal grill. The control box took a dump , so I tore it and the hopper of it and covered over the hole. So now it's just an unregulated Pit Boss for quick burger or steaks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#42]
I’m stalled, losing heart…

I am waffling back and forth around one weight, and going + or - 3 pounds…

I can’t drop past it.

Been going on for about a week
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Clarinath:

I can’t drop past it.

View Quote

Part of the reason some people suggest only weighing yourself once a month.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

I can’t drop past it.

How much more do you think you should be losing? Maybe your at "your" weight.

I think I am going to only weigh once a week or two instead of daily like I have been doing.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#45]

I can’t drop past it.

View Quote

How close are you to your goal weight?   I've been here several times.  I'll stall for 3 or 4 weeks, drop 5 lbs over night and then the weight loss is pretty steady until the next stall.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#46]
I am FAR from my goal weight, I need to drop a metric cubic fuck ton of weight, so stalling here isn’t an option.

Maybe it’s time for a good old fashioned multi day fast…
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#47]

I think I am going to only weigh once a week or two instead of daily like I have been doing.
View All Quotes

I can’t drop past it.

It varies massively depending on the person and their circumstances.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#48]
I am FAR from my goal weight, I need to drop a metric cubic fuck ton of weight, so stalling here isn’t an option.

Maybe it’s time for a good old fashioned multi day fast…
View Quote

You started in Jan, it's probably time for a diet break, at least a few weeks at maintenance usually helps.

Most people (myself included at one point) mistake being on a diet long time plateauing meaning our metabolism is tanking, when it's our NEAT that is tanking as the body is struggling to hang on to what it's got.

Also what activity or activities do you do?  Walking is great, I totally looked it over.  Do 10K steps a day, that burns a fair amount but the most important thing IMO is that tracking and achieving that means you're just conscious to move around more until it's ingrained in ya.  10K is a popular number, tons of videos on it.  Seems better broken up, not just one long walking session.  What's great about it is that moving that many steps per day is that seems to keep NEAT up.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:26:29 PM EDT
[#49]

Because I get hungry as hell around 1pm with no breakfast. Then pretty hungry again around 7pm or so.
View All Quotes

Only eating twice a day.

Eat more fat.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Only eating twice a day.
View Quote

When I did keto if I stalled, I ate some carbs then went back on keto. Worked  for a friend of mine also
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top