Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Alright, I am paid up and registered. No meals for me…I can do better for $50.

I will of course supply the bourbon.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:
Alright, I am paid up and registered. No meals for me…I can do better for $50.

I will of course supply the bourbon.
View Quote

Are you riding or trailering?  There's not a lot of room at the MMM location.

Still trying to figure out if my son can make it, since he's in college.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Squatch:

Are you riding or trailering?  There's not a lot of room at the MMM location.

Still trying to figure out if my son can make it, since he's in college.
View Quote

Riding. I camped by the creek last year and there was a fair amount of room.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:50:18 PM EDT
[#4]
So who all is coming? Seriously, this event is a ton of fun even if chilly in the mornings.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 12:54:11 AM EDT
[#5]
So who all is coming? Seriously, this event is a ton of fun even if chilly in the mornings.
View Quote

I have an email into them wanting to know my options for one person with a 5 X 8 enclosed trailer or a couple of guys with a toy hauler.
No answer for two days.

I'm planning on it one way or the other.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 12:56:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By tree-hugger:

I have an email into them wanting to know my options for one person with a 5 X 8 enclosed trailer or a couple of guys with a toy hauler.
No answer for two days.

View Quote

It’s mostly volunteer run so don’t expect a quick reply. I doubt it will be an issue but I can’t speak for them. I recall trailers from folks bringing very dirt oriented dual sports.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 12:59:47 AM EDT
[#7]

It’s mostly volunteer run so don’t expect a quick reply. I doubt it will be an issue but I can’t speak for them. I recall trailers from folks bringing very dirt oriented dual sports.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No answer for two days.

I'm binging the same bike I brought in May, only with the off-road package installed.  My buddy has a newer Gold Wing, so he'll be riding with the road-only group if he can make it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:29:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SBRChris] [#8]
Not sure why I didn't get a tag notification, so am just seeing this.

Barring any issues, I'll be there. Looks like camping on site is what the plan is, so that works for me also.

I'll probably ride down Tuesday or Wednesday, then head back Sunday morning if anyone in the ArkLaTex wants to convoy down together.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SBRChris:
Not sure why I didn't get a tag notification, so am just seeing this.

Barring any issues, I'll be there. Looks like camping on site is what the plan is, so that works for me also.

I'll probably ride down Tuesday or Wednesday, then head back Sunday morning if anyone in the ArkLaTex wants to convoy down together.
View Quote

Glad to see you're gonna make it Chris!
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 2:38:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Squatch] [#10]
Just paid for my registration (camping at the rally site, no meals), so I'm locked in.  Looking through the thread, this is who has expressed interest:

Squatch - R1250GSA
Canoeguy - R1200GSA
Redfish86- tentative
TheOtherDave - R1200RS GSXR1000 + some other guys
GaryM - maybe?
Scoobysmak - maybe?
Corruptor - Honda Grom KLX230
tree-hugger - Ducati Panigale V4 KTX 350 EXC-F
mech4matsnova + 1 - KLR650
SBRChris - Africa Twin

I know I got a couple of those bikes wrong.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Grom???  Lol.  KLX230: the slowmobile.

I'm paid in as well, and have Wed-Sunday off.  I'll most likely drive up Wednesday AM, but if I get antsy and want to ride Wednesday I'll pitch a tent at Smitty's Tuesday evening.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:20:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheOtherDave] [#12]
Originally Posted By Squatch:
Just paid for my registration (camping at the rally site, no meals), so I'm locked in.  Looking through the thread, this is who has expressed interest:

Squatch - R1250GSA
Canoeguy - R1200GSA
Redfish86- tentative
TheOtherDave - R1200RS? (Street only )
GaryM - maybe?
Scoobysmak - maybe?
Corruptor - Honda Grom
tree-hugger - Ducati Panigale V4
mech4matsnova + 1 - KLR650
SBRChris - Africa Twin

I know I got a couple of those bikes wrong.  
View Quote

I’ll be riding a GSXR1000, not riding down this time-I”ve already had my R1M down there and it was the wrong bike for a lot of those roads….. I”m hoping to bring 3-4 riding buddies, still working out trailering arrangements and commitments so I don’t have my rooms yet. Because of the cat-herding, we will likely end up staying in Athens because of the big weekend eating up the rooms in Telico Plains.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 4:08:25 AM EDT
[#13]
tree-hugger - KTM 350 XCF-W

Set up for dirt.  Street legal.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Just registered as well with no meals. My bike has sprung a leak, so it looks like I get to squeeze in a fork rebuild and new racetech goodies before the event.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry guys, not gonna make it. Gotta be in Texas on the 8th for the solar eclipse. Next one like it won't be until 2045 and I doubt I will make it to that one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Just registered as well with no meals. My bike has sprung a leak, so it looks like I get to squeeze in a fork rebuild and new racetech goodies before the event.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/384916/1000003051_jpg-3120137.JPG
View Quote

Likely just a piece of dirt under the seal. I would clean it first before putting in new seals.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Likely just a piece of dirt under the seal. I would clean it first before putting in new seals.
View Quote

Eh, I need the excuse for the springs.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 2:15:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: corruptor] [#18]

View All Quotes

Your springs are shot and need to be replaced.

Originally Posted By GaryM:
Sorry guys, not gonna make it. Gotta be in Texas on the 8th for the solar eclipse. Next one like it won't be until 2045 and I doubt I will make it to that one.

Enjoy the flatlands!
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By corruptor:

Enjoy the flatlands!
View All Quotes

Enjoy the flatlands!

Pretty sure he needs an entire suspension upgrade...

Sorry you won't make it this trip, Gary!
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#20]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/384916/1000003051_jpg-3120137.JPG
View Quote

Might not be a torn seal, might have just gotten pinched because it sat and got cold over winter and then moved after a few months of squeezing the oil between the seal and fork tube…. There is a special tool you can buy to fish into the fork leg and try to reseat the seal, and there are DIY’s on how to make them from a milk carton.

Might save you a pile of money and trouble….
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Bummer. Ride with us and fly to Texas?
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#22]
My registration is complete.  Small enclosed trailer dry camping on site.  No meals.

Heads up!  Cash only inside the event.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Dang. I get my bike on Friday. I don’t think I’ll have time to sort it out
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Gspointer:
Dang. I get my bike on Friday. I don’t think I’ll have time to sort it out
View Quote

What are you getting? Its still 7 weeks away.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#25]

What are you getting? Its still 7 weeks away.
View Quote

‘24 KTM 500exc-f
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#26]

‘24 KTM 500exc-f
View Quote

Whew...hot bike. I assume that will come on a trailer should you decide to join us?
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Whew...hot bike. I assume that will come on a trailer should you decide to join us?
View Quote

Yeah. I’d always trailer this bike that far! That’s 1-1/2 oil changes on this bike. Hopefully Acerbis makes a big tank for it soon. I have a Mosko v4 80l ordered but want a rack before I load it up, and the rack isn’t made for a ‘24 yet. I do have a seat concepts seat ordered and have a Scotts steering damper for it. I had been vacillating between the new BMW 900, a KTM 890 and a KTM 1290. Then I considered how much I would like to pick a bike up for the 6th time out of the mud in one day 5 years from now. The 250lb bike sounds pretty good. I’m going to Colorado to ride around the Gunnison area this year, may do a rally with a lot of deep sand. After this year is up I’ll decide whether or not I want to lower it, if the dampened bar mounts (I haven’t ordered yet) are enough with rubber pads on the pegs etc. I think I will take some lessons next spring and then do the alpine passes in CO next year.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:30:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tree-hugger] [#28]

Yeah. I’d always trailer this bike that far! That’s 1-1/2 oil changes on this bike. Hopefully Acerbis makes a big tank for it soon. I have a Mosko v4 80l ordered but want a rack before I load it up, and the rack isn’t made for a ‘24 yet. I do have a seat concepts seat ordered and have a Scotts steering damper for it. I had been vacillating between the new BMW 900, a KTM 890 and a KTM 1290. Then I considered how much I would like to pick a bike up for the 6th time out of the mud in one day 5 years from now. The 250lb bike sounds pretty good. I’m going to Colorado to ride around the Gunnison area this year, may do a rally with a lot of deep sand. After this year is up I’ll decide whether or not I want to lower it, if the dampened bar mounts (I haven’t ordered yet) are enough with rubber pads on the pegs etc. I think I will take some lessons next spring and then do the alpine passes in CO next year.
View All Quotes

What kind of a rack are you wanting on your bike?  And what will you be putting on it?

I'm seriously thinking I'll have these for this trip:
Giant Loop MoJavi Saddlebag

And I am thinking this on the rear fender will work just fine:

I'm interested in hearing what your ideas are on this.

ETA:
Here's the new design for the saddle bag I linked above:
The ALL NEW, Fully Waterproof Giant Loop Mojavi Saddlebag
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#29]
We're about a month out from MMM and registration is still open.

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:38:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#30]
View Quote

Yeah I have to pass on this year as well for the same reason.

Maybe by next year I can have a bike to ride though.

Is there still a planned meet like last year a bit later?  I must not have not bookmarked the thread it if there is...
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Still hoping to be there-my group has gotten smaller and my boss is making noises about completion of my projects..  one of the engineers I work with got his first bike late last summer and it has a bent frame… he bought another to make this trip so I am doing everything I can to make it happen. We might be staying in Tellico Plains due to the off road stuff going on.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#32]
It'll just be me on this trip.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Fellows. I don’t think I am going to make it. I want to, I need to. But a lot of stuff is happening right now and it’s just not possible I don’t think unless a miracle happens.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Fellows. I don’t think I am going to make it. I want to, I need to. But a lot of stuff is happening right now and it’s just not possible I don’t think unless a miracle happens.
View Quote

Not cool.

There is some time yet between now and then.  Maybe something will give before then.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:58:39 PM EDT
[#35]

Not cool.

There is some time yet between now and then.  Maybe something will give before then.
View Quote

Believe me man, I know it isn’t cool. I really need this. But a lot of absolute shit is raining down on me and my life is kind of falling apart. It sucks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Damn.  Sorry man.

Reach out if you think of something I can help with or event to vent a bit.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 5:14:02 AM EDT
[#37]

Believe me man, I know it isn’t cool. I really need this. But a lot of absolute shit is raining down on me and my life is kind of falling apart. It sucks.
View Quote

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you get some reprieve soon. It sounds like a weekend away could help mentally.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Not cool.

Sorry you're having troubles, I hope you can get a handle on them.  We'll raise a glass in your honor and hopefully catch up at another ride later this year.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I might me back in…we shall see.

Now I have screwed around and don’t have tires more suited for off road.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:41:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I might me back in…we shall see.

Now I have screwed around and don’t have tires more suited for off road.
View Quote

Rocky Mountain ships quick. I have a set that I'm waiting to put on the weekend before I leave.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Flat track is on FS1 now
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#42]
So can we get a show of hands of who all is coming? I am trying to make this work.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:01:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheOtherDave] [#43]
So can we get a show of hands of who all is coming? I am trying to make this work.
View Quote

I’m a very probable at this point and preparing to go. Having some doubt about a project at work, but it’s getting close enough to completion that my boss is thinking I’ll be in the clear. Kind of depends on a few other variables but this is the main one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#44]
98% in.

There's a SMALL chance I won't make it, but it's unlikely.

I'm really looking forward to this trip.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#45]
If you guys chicken out on getting dirty I will be in Bristol that Friday and Saturday with race car.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:58:29 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm coming. Already paid for the event and will camp there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm in.  I've bought tickets and will camp there.  I will probably drive up Wednesday morning; move-in starts Wednesday at 12.

When is everyone else arriving?

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:37:20 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm in.  I've bought tickets and will camp there.  I will probably drive up Wednesday morning; move-in starts Wednesday at 12.

When is everyone else arriving?

View Quote

The plan at this moment is leaving Tuesday for a Wednesday or Thursday arrival. Depends on how I'm feeling and if I want to do 2 400 mile days or take it easier. I'm not taking interstates. I could leave Monday but I thought most folks from here were showing up Thursday.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#49]
The plan at this moment is leaving Tuesday for a Wednesday or Thursday arrival. Depends on how I'm feeling and if I want to do 2 400 mile days or take it easier. I'm not taking interstates. I could leave Monday but I thought most folks from here were showing up Thursday.
View Quote

I think that's correct.  I only live 3 hours away and haven't been out riding much, so I want to take advantage of the time off if I can.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#50]
I plan on either leaving Tuesday evening or before daylight Wednesday morning.  I'll have close to an 8-hour drive.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top