Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CapsFan:

This is dripping with truth.
View Quote

Wish it wasn't..reminds me of
Sean Avery years ago.

Anyway, Im done with Hockey tonight. I still haven't forgiven Dallas and Leah Hextall is annoying as fuck.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:25:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: H1Mech] [#2]
Originally Posted By LordEC911:

Yeah, I missed most of the first period but looking at the stats it seemed like the Rangers dominated a bit.
I thought that SHG by Trouba was the back-breaker for the Canes since they had dominated the 2nd up till then.
It is crazy how many of these games get won by the team that got scored on first.
View Quote

The Rangers haven’t dominated anything the entire series, other than Carolina going full retard every time they get a PP.

They had a 3-0 series lead, but all 3 games were decided by 1 goal including an OT and 2OT game. Their only goal tonight came short handed on a Carolina PP.

Which is what I said above, if Carolina’s PP hadn’t randomly decided to disappear this series would be over already. The Rangers have scored more shorthanded goals than PP goals and Carolina only has 1 PP goal. And as good as NY’s PP and PP kill was in the regular season, Carolina was better.

NY won the President’s Cup, but they barely beat Carolina for it. And while only 4 teams have ever won a series down 0-3, Carolina has made the playoffs 6 straight years and have the most points in NHL history over a 6 year period without making it to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Watching them annually collapse in the playoffs and go down 0-3 to NY has been very annoying. They are too good for that and there’s no excuse.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd like to see Rod win a cup as a head coach.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:01:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LordEC911] [#4]
Originally Posted By H1Mech:

The Rangers haven’t dominated anything the entire series, other than Carolina going full retard every time they get a PP.

They had a 3-0 series lead, but all 3 games were decided by 1 goal including an OT and 2OT game. Their only goal tonight came short handed on a Carolina PP.

Which is what I said above, if Carolina’s PP hadn’t randomly decided to disappear this series would be over already. The Rangers have scored more shorthanded goals than PP goals and Carolina only has 1 PP goal. And as good as NY’s PP and PP kill was in the regular season, Carolina was better.

NY won the President’s Cup, but they barely beat Carolina for it. And while only 4 teams have ever won a series down 0-3, Carolina has made the playoffs 6 straight years and have the most points in NHL history over a 6 year period without making it to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Watching them annually collapse in the playoffs and go down 0-3 to NY has been very annoying. They are too good for that and there’s no excuse.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah, I missed most of the first period but looking at the stats it seemed like the Rangers dominated a bit.
I thought that SHG by Trouba was the back-breaker for the Canes since they had dominated the 2nd up till then.
It is crazy how many of these games get won by the team that got scored on first.

You are right, it has been a pretty even series.
It seems like I probably misread the stats I pulled up.
I checked THG's review of the game and he makes it seem like it was pretty back and forth in the 1st with the Cane's having a slight advantage though giving up another PP that they killed with 0 shots.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CapsFan:
Carolina wins game five. Rangers seem to be falling apart a bit.
View Quote

Fingers crossed they keep it up.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:37:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Avs are getting their shit pushed in tonight. It's like they didn't even show up.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:46:45 PM EDT
[#7]

You are right, it has been a pretty even series.
It seems like I probably misread the stats I pulled up.
I checked THG's review of the game and he makes it seem like it was pretty back and forth in the 1st with the Cane's having a slight advantage though giving up another PP that they killed with 0 shots.
View Quote

Ultimately I think the series will be decided by Carolina’s PP.

Carolina is probably the best team in the NHL as far as 5v5 and depth down the lines. NY can’t match them 5v5. Their penalty kill versus NY’s PP is a wash. Their comically bad PP this series is the difference. NY has a very good PK but a lot of it has been self inflicted and stupid mistakes. They’ve won the last 2 but still only have 1 PP goal. They won’t win 2 more that way.

Pesche was back on the ice this weekend, it would be nice to get him back. He was the defensive anchor this season. But again, that’s not really the issue. Carolina has got to figure out the PP if they want to win the series.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:57:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Ave's are done. Absolutely garbage right now.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:21:14 AM EDT
[#9]
One more and Dallas is moving on!

Let's get that shitty taste of the Mavs choking it away at the last minute out of my mouth
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:02:08 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

That reminds me a lot of the Caps in the early Ovi era.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Mr-Mockingbird:
One more and Dallas is moving on!

Let's get that shitty taste of the Mavs choking it away at the last minute out of my mouth
View Quote

Colorado is cooked and I don’t see the winner of Van/Edm getting past Dallas. They are playing extremely well right now.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:07:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZitiForBreakfast] [#12]

Just posting that without comment.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Concussion protocol?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:
Concussion protocol?
View Quote

Pregame footage showed the hit from behind the bench which I hadn’t seen.

Looks like he took a shot to the face or side of the head. Maybe even got a bit of the heel of the stick.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#15]
WTF Canucks?  I'm getting to old for this emotional roller coaster shit.

On a better note (for me) our ECHL team came back from a 0-2 series start to win the next 4 and advance to the eastern conference finals.

Got tickets last night right after they won for game 2 this Saturday.  Go Thunder.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 549:

Looks like he took a shot to the face or side of the head. Maybe even got a bit of the heel of the stick.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 549:
Concussion protocol?

That's my guess too... heat of the moment but yeah that's how it looked to me.

He's done that to enough other players, about time it happened to him.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Great performance from Boston last night without Marchand.....hopefully he can return for force a game 7.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#18]
There's that pesky third period again Dallas!
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:26:21 AM EDT
[#20]
The 3rd or 4th time since the all star break that Dallas has given up 3 or more unanswered goals in the late 2nd and 3rd.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#21]
In some lighter, historical news.
75 years ago today, Frank Zamboni filed for patent on the Model A Ice Resurfacing Machine.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By macman37:

View Quote

Mention that on twitter, heads explode. Everyone acts likes he's a born again classy player who hasn't been dirty in 20 years..Boston Bruins verson of Karla Faye Tucker.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Lets go Canes
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By creeper45:
Lets go Canes
View Quote

They’ve completely flipped the momentum of the series. PNC Arena will be rocking when the puck drops. Hopefully they get a quick lead and then step on NY’s throat and win a blow out. A win is a win, but another skull fucking like they gave the Rags in game 5 will set them up nicely for game 7 at MSG.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Go fuckin' 'canes!
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#26]
GO CANES!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#27]
YESSSSSSSSSSSS
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#28]
GO CANES!!!
View All Quotes
GO CANES!!!

Originally Posted By creeper45:
Lets go Canes

Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
Go fuckin' 'canes!

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#29]
1-0 Canes after 1st

Rags only mustered 3 SOG for the period. It was also an extremely fast pace. NY can’t keep up that pace for 3 full periods. Nobody can go full tilt like that with the Canes for 60 minutes. Carolina needs to keep the fast pace and step on their throats.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#30]
GOAL!!!!!!

2-0 Canes

Now step on their fucking throat!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:

Mention that on twitter, heads explode. Everyone acts likes he's a born again classy player who hasn't been dirty in 20 years..Boston Bruins verson of Karla Faye Tucker.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
Originally Posted By macman37:

It’s a good thing I don’t have Twitter then. I’d be trolling Boston hard.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#32]
3-1

Martinook just had the save of the year. Holy shit that was insane.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#33]
The Rangers right now.

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#34]
3-1

View Quote

💯

That was amazing!!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#35]

💯

That was amazing!!!!
View All Quotes
3-1

💯

That was amazing!!!!

Yeah one of the better from-behind plays in recent memory!
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Pulling off the reverse sweep on the Rags in MSG and seeing NYers meltdown would be glorious.

Canes are the more talented team, they have all the momentum and they are playing like they want it more. They just need to keep their foot on NY’s throat. Finish em!

I’m really surprised NY has pushed the pace so hard this game. Carolina’s strength, besides having arguably the best 1st line in the NHL, is their insane depth. They have very good players across all 4 lines. Trying to match their fast pace is a suicide mission.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Tie game
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#38]
What in the fk
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Hmmm Canes better get it together. 3 unanswered goals from NY.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Here we go…
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Complete 3rd period collapse
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#42]
What the fuck happened?!

3-1 with 13 mins to go and I go downstairs to the hotel lobby to have a beer come back and it’s 3-5
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:45:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pasquale91] [#43]
Welp, I was hoping for another game out of this series.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#44]
That was quite a 3rd Period.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Let's go Rangers!!

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#46]
What the fuck happened?!

3-1 with 13 mins to go and I go downstairs to the hotel lobby to have a beer come back and it's 3-5
View Quote

Don't feel bad.  A couple of nights ago the Rangers were up 1-0 and I ran into the store and came back and it was 3-1 Canes.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:24:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LordEC911] [#49]
Crazy game!
I thought the Canes had it in the bag and H1Mech's posts were coming true only for the Canes to fall apart in the 3rd.
Was the ice really bad in the 2nd? Puck was hopping all over the place and multiple skaters lost their balance.
That first Rangers goal was just ridiculous. Orlov pass the puck to Panarin, Andersen loses his balance but still recovers and it looked like he had a chance to save the original shot only for the tip by Trocheck.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:26:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Boys.

We win some and lose some.

What we have coming in the coming year is ovi getting his numbers.

And a Caps and 'canes battle.
Page / 33
Top Top