BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rugerlvr:

My point in posting this, is that the fight is over, and we lost, decades ago. Today's generation of children firmly believe that conservatism is literally evil.

Make your plans accordingly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

So we should just ... what, roll over and die for them?

For what reason did you post that and this?

What were you thinking to achieve?

ETA: we lost what we meaningfully used to have in the institutions and society because the people that slow marched us were willing to go slowly, sometimes backwards, and always keep pushing.

This was never anything but a forever fight.

My point in posting this, is that the fight is over, and we lost, decades ago. Today's generation of children firmly believe that conservatism is literally evil.

Make your plans accordingly.

That doesn't help.

You can never win a fight, if by that you mean "this is done, nobody will ever have to fight it again."

We don't fight because we can win ... on any terms. We fight because it's wrong to NOT fight these things, especially where it's reasonable and the conditions are favorable to us. This particular instance is not a suicide mission.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 10:51:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#2]
Originally Posted By 96Ag:
The fact that they can lose a half billion dollars while owning those studios is mind blowing. They should be a license to print money.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rhys898:
Originally Posted By Losd:

Michael Eisner
Eisner was shit, they almost went bankrupt with him at the helm, now they are back down to $200 million in operating funds and have to pay comcast $9-25 BILLION for comcasts 1/3 ownership stake in Hulu in about 6 months. They are also likely to loose $200-500 million on Lucasfilm, Pixar, and Marvel projects in that time frame.
The fact that they can lose a half billion dollars while owning those studios is mind blowing. They should be a license to print money.

@96ag

They had that.

The now dead and gone reedy creek  special district was allowed to issue municipal bonds. They ran up a billion + bond.

As for their losses and etc, they cannot be trusted ... because ...

Well, here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting

I have no idea who's accounting practices are more sleazy: theirs, or the government's.

ETA: Also, from what I have heard from people who are supposed to know, box office ticket sales need to be double the actual production costs for a movie to make a profit, because the box office only returns about 50% or less of the ticket price to the studios.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#3]

That doesn't help.

You can never win a fight, if by that you mean "this is done, nobody will ever have to fight it again."

We don't fight because we can win ... on any terms. We fight because it's wrong to NOT fight these things, especially where it's reasonable and the conditions are favorable to us. This particular instance is not a suicide mission.
View Quote

I didn't say it was wrong to fight. I personally haven't bought an AB InBev product since the DM incident. I don't shop at Target. The problem is, the businesses and corporations I do frequent are just as woke, they just haven't fucked up and made it so public yet. I didn't want my wife and kids to go to Disney this past January, but it would have meant divorce if I had put my foot down.

We can fight all we want, but the drip drip drip of conservative lifeblood isn't stopping.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 10:55:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Episodes are free on the internet if you look hard enough.

Most folks don't pay for the groomer rat channel.
View Quote

Yarrr! Can ye smell it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 10:55:41 PM EDT
[#5]

I didn't say it was wrong to fight. I personally haven't bought an AB InBev product since the DM incident. I don't shop at Target. The problem is, the businesses and corporations I do frequent are just as woke, they just haven't fucked up and made it so public yet. I didn't want my wife and kids to go to Disney this past January, but it would have meant divorce if I had put my foot down.

We can fight all we want, but the drip drip drip of conservative lifeblood isn't stopping.
View All Quotes

That doesn't help.

Yes, it sucks and it's painful.

Chances like the ones we have right now come up very rarely.

Heck, there was even a silver lining to the crap-sandwich of the government's reaction to the mexican beer virus - homeschooling effectively doubled in size in this country.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#6]

@96ag

They had that.

The now dead and gone reedy creek  special district was allowed to issue municipal bonds. They ran up a billion + bond.

I have no idea who's accounting practices are more sleazy: theirs, or the government's.

ETA: Also, from what I have heard from people who are supposed to know, box office ticket sales need to be double the actual production costs for a movie to make a profit, because the box office only returns about 50% or less of the ticket price to the studios.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Losd:

Michael Eisner
Eisner was shit, they almost went bankrupt with him at the helm, now they are back down to $200 million in operating funds and have to pay comcast $9-25 BILLION for comcasts 1/3 ownership stake in Hulu in about 6 months. They are also likely to loose $200-500 million on Lucasfilm, Pixar, and Marvel projects in that time frame.

@96ag

They had that.

I've heard a little about it, the one thing that always shocks me is the marketing budget. Maybe if you didn't produce a crap product your marketing budget wouldn't have to be the size of the movie budget to convince people to see it?
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By juan223:

We shall see,  folks here said the same thing about Pud Light...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By juan223:
They'll be fine.

Nothing will happen.

We shall see,  folks here said the same thing about Pud Light...

yep butt light showed the reality of what MOST folks feel about the current mass psychosis infecting many companies. im all for live and let live but keep your weird lifestyles out of my face. its not necessary to storefront lifestyles that have historically been seen as deviant.

and disney produces absolute cheap dreck entertainment. the churn out tons of trash of b rated space cowboy movies. and woke cartoon animated crap.  mikey is turning over in his grave.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:58:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#8]
So ...

We have 2nd week numbers for disney's "little mermaid" live action movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAv7uQOjnFw&t=4910s

That's the link that goes directly to the discussion of the numbers. It's brutal.

Keep in mind, box office tickets return around 50% or so of ticket price to the studios.

So the studios need DOUBLE their total cost to make and advert the movie in order to *break even* at the box office.

They're saying in the video that the movie will *lose* a bare minimum of 100 million dollars. It could possibly lose 200 million. It's now mathematically impossible for the movie to break even.

The budget they are willing to admit to (remember, hollywood accounting lies) is 250 milion dollars. Marketing number is 140 million dollars. So, they're admitting 390~ish million dollars cost. That means they need to take in a bare minimum of 780 million (remember, 50% take on box office tickets) to *break even.*  That's just based on the numbers they will cop to in public for their costs.

The opening take on the IMDB pro page domestic shows they got ~96 million out of 4320 theaters (opening) and the total domestic take is 187 million. International is 141 mill.   Total worldwide take is 327 million.

Break even is, again, 780 million. The 2nd week dropoff numbers are apparently ugly, the lowest numbers I'm seeing guessed are 50% dropoff.

The Little Mermaid officially a flop, and an extra painful one for Disney | MEitM #413

LMM numbers at hour and 22 minutes in.

Blood in the water.

ETA: and it's going to be fighting the new sony spiderman flick.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:06:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Kick 'em while they're down.  Hard.  And again.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Disney's Financial Issues DWARF Lawsuits
Disney's Financial Issues DWARF Lawsuits
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:23:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By doty_soty:
Their film and streaming divisions have sure seen better days, that’s for sure. They hit peak Marvel 5 years ago and ran Star Wars, the biggest IP of all time, headfirst into the ground, among other mishaps. They’re struggling for ideas beyond rehashing live action versions of their Disney vault with race-swapped characters. “Creatively bankrupt” is a term that’s been aptly thrown around more than a little.

Dunno how their parks and other divisions are doing.
View Quote

The fundamental problem is storytelling.

That's what Disney has always been at its core. Crafting stories for kids, who love them so much they grow up continuing to cherish those stories.

When the people making the stories are driven by a desire to tell a good story, and management selects for those with a talent for doing so, they produce great stuff and the audiences are happy.

When management selects for people based on DEI criteria, you don't get storytellers, you get mindless clones who think reprinting old stories with more diversity is the same thing as storytelling. You don't write a good minority character by saying "I need to take a good character and make their minority status come to the front." You just write a good character to begin with who happens to be that minority. Actual storytellers understand this, but wokerati groupthink hires live in a bubble and cannot conceive of why their stories fall flat over and over again...because they've never been exposed to the real world themselves.

The fix is only going to come from the board bringing in a new dictator who wipes the entire slate clean and replaces entire divisions with staff who are selected for their storytelling and business acumen, rather than their political beliefs.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:23:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd buy a necklace made of mickey mouth teeth and hang it on my rearview.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:27:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe they’ll go complete bankrupt and out if operations
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:34:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Underscore_O_Three:
I'd buy a necklace made of mickey mouth teeth and hang it on my rearview.
View Quote

It'd be ironic if they couldn't control the old steamboat willie version of mickey mouse (it's up again for being public use) ... and someone started selling it in the form of those old "garfield slammed in a car trunk" dolls you used to see.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Eldritch:
No suprises here. Their woke angle will fry them

The last time I was at Disney in summer 2022, there were people there in the parks that looked like they couldn't afford to be there. It was so bad I asked an employee and they basically said that there is "section 8 for Disney tickets".

In other words, a certain demographic pretty much gets in for free or almost free.

Here in FL it's widely known that the Universal Parks offer way more bang for the buck, still very expensive but at least at Universal everything is modern and clean
View Quote
We did Universal and Disney back to back in CA last year. The experience at Universal was more expensive but also clearly superior. Disneyland was crowded AF and seemed run down. We've been talking about heading to some parks in Florida next year and Disney hasn't even come up for consideration.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Chapek wasn't good ... and ... he also effectively only got to do iger's projects, only to be booted out by the board to bring iger back.

Eisner wasn't good, iger wasn't good, chapek wasn't good, iger the second time isn't good ...

I'm seriously starting to wonder if they have ever had a good leader since walt died.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#17]
The MouseTM is too big to fail.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I have no doubt ol' walter would be rolling over in his grave if he knew what disney had become and how they tarnished his good name. He would be here with us rooting for them to fail if he could.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#20]
it's all the fault of those damn racist chinese and koreans ROFL

article I read this morning:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/box-office-little-mermaid-gets-230638731.html

Box Office: ‘The Little Mermaid’ Gets Doused in China, South Korea After Racist Backlash

The Little Mermaid is getting doused in select foreign markets amid a racist backlash over the casting of Black actress Halle Bailey in the role of Ariel.

The movie has grossed a mere $3.6 million its first 10 days of release in China, by far the worst showing among Disney’s live-action adaptations. The movie is also struggling badly in South Korea, where it has earned $4.4 million through June 4. Sources close to the movie, as well as box office analysts, say Disney knew Little Mermaid could face challenges, but is surprised by the extent of the backlash and its impact.

“The controversy surrounding Disney’s forced inclusion of minorities in classic films is not about racism, but its lazy and irresponsible storytelling strategy,” stated the op-ed. “Many Chinese netizens said that like ‘Snow White,’ the image of the mermaid princess in Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tales has long been rooted in their hearts and it takes a leap of imagination to accept the new cast.”

The editorial further questioned whether Disney’s “political correctness” is motivated by financial interests or genuine concern for representation.

Bailey landed the role in summer 2019 after an extensive search that included hundreds of actresses.

“She immediately set the bar so high that no one surpassed it,” director Rob Marshall told THR last month. “We saw every ethnicity. There was no agenda to cast a woman of color. It was really just, ‘Let’s find the best Ariel,’ and Halle claimed the role.”

In the U.S., The Little Mermaid has been doing good business despite protestations by some regarding Bailey’s casting. The movie has earned north of $186 million in its first 10 days and is pacing on par with breakout live-action hit Aladdin. In its second weekend, Little Mermaid dropped an estimated 58 percent in North America as Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse entered the marketplace.

Box office analysts believe Little Mermaid could top out at $350 million domestically. Aladdin‘s domestic haul was $355.6 million.

Overseas, Aladdin reached $695.1 million for a worldwide total of $1.05 billion. South Korea, however, accounted for $91 million, while China contributed $53.5 million. It remains to be seen where Little Mermaid lands internationally. It finished June 4 with a foreign tally of $140.5 million after debuting a week earlier to a disappointing $68.3 million (Disney had counted on at least $80 million). The good news: the female-skewing held well in a number markets, and it continues to play particularly well in Latin America.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 999monkeys:

Traditionally, that “specific purpose” has been sex.  And in predators “grooming” children for sex.  

The current use is a departure from that.

Because now people say a TV show can “groom” children.  Obviously a TV show cannot have sex with a child.
View Quote

"to prepare someone"
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:52:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Wall Street KNOWS Disney Is Broken & Bob Iger Can't Fix It

Disney has lost 13 billion dollars on their streaming platform since it was launched (and I believe they just recently lost 4 million subscriptions) - and disney lost 200-300 thousand subs during mandalorian season 3 in north america... and it's losing a billion dollars a QUARTER.

Indiana jones is going to need to take in a billion dollars for the new "indana jones" flick (they spent somewher around 500 million on it total), but the reaction to it at cannes was lukewarm, at best, and the rumor mill on what's in it isn't looking pretty.

Disney has admitted they are getting lower revenue from merchandise based on star wars, spider man, frozen, and the avengers ...

They had to shut down the galactic starcruiser hotel, with its multi-thousand cost per night rooms after 18 months (it wasn't profitable, I guess? Gee I wonder why).

Their licensing revenues are in the tank. They're even paying to get stuff back.

Pixar .... PIXAR ... who used to be able to do no evil ... have fired 75 people, including, IIRC ... two old timers.

The "little mermaid" live action "remake" could possibly get beaten by a live action barbie flick... and the recent spiderman flick beat TLM in opening.

In a few months, comcast is going to be using their put option to force disney to buy their share in hulu, comcast will want 20 billion, disney will try and get it down to 10 billion (and this, again, is likely why we see them trying to cut losses right now).

And disney is still hidebound and blind as a bat:
https://archive.is/phDwk

The Man Reimagining Disney Classics for Today’s World
Sean Bailey is in charge of live-action remakes of films like “The Little Mermaid.” It’s a job that puts him in the middle of a partisan divide.

The reimaginings, as Mr. Bailey refers to his remakes, find ways to make Disney stories less retrograde. His heroines are empowered, and his casting emphasizes diversity. A live-action “Snow White,” set for release next year, stars the Latina actress Rachel Zegler as the princess known as “the fairest of them all.” Yara Shahidi played Tinker Bell in the recent “Peter Pan and Wendy,” making her the first Black woman to portray the character onscreen.
“We want to reflect the world as it exists,” Mr. Bailey said.

Translation:

We aren't interested in telling good stories that are timeless and human anymore. We're only interested in ham fisted preaching.

But Mr. Bailey is in the business of making movies for everyone. That challenge is part of what keeps his job interesting, he said.
“How do you deal with audiences that are changing outside our country, inside our country?” Mr. Bailey said. “How do you tell stories — stories that matter to everyone — in a world that is increasingly polarized?”

Why are these people always a bunch of insular backwoods hicks, utterly ignorant of and hateful to anything and anyone not like them?

You ignorant twit, we didn't change, YOU DID, and YOU are the baddie. If you weren't hiding from anyone not like you, you'd know that.

Even the NYT has noticed how bad things have gotten:

One of the knocks on Mr. Bailey is that he has not created a new franchise; almost none of his bets on original movies have paid off. The sled-dog drama “Togo,” made for Disney+ in 2019, was a critical hit that failed to break out. “Tomorrowland,” an ambitious fantasy from 2015, crashed and burned. At some point, studios cannot endlessly recycle old stuff. A Xerox of a Xerox of a Xerox ends up as a blank page.

When you're starting to lose the people whos institution covered up the holodomor and helped put castro in power ...

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:09:00 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

You don't need to boycott every leftist business. Just participate in popular boycotts.

The ATF doesn't need to prosecute everyone they don't like to push the population around. They just make some random examples.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:16:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CeruleanRed] [#24]
Assuming every one of the 48 million Hulu subscribers is paying for the cheapest service tier, Disney is looking at an additional (roughly) 1.5 billion in revenue that Comcast is currently getting per year.

Also note that that revenue is going to be largely profit since Disney is currently footing (at least) 2/3rds of operating expenses to begin with.

Also note that even if Comcast “forces” Disney to buy their stake (something Disney has wanted to do for years) they don’t have to write a check for 10 billion dollars (or whatever the price is).

Up until Covid, Disney had been operating at a monthly multi-billion dollar negative operational capital for years. Having to finance a few billion is hardly going to be the death knell of a company with a market cap of close to 200 billion dollars.

This is a nothing burger and some of you should get a better understanding of finance so your zealotry doesn’t allow you to be so easily misled next time.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:11:47 AM EDT
[#25]
My two main shooting buddies that I travel to matches with most weekends and are politically conservative as can be, both love their Disney+ subscriptions because they just gotta have their Mandalorian.

One of my old High School buddies that posts politically conservative stuff from time to time on facebook, mainly posts non stop about his next upcoming family trip to Disney World for months in advance, and then the next couple months after are posts pictures of his family Disney World vacation.

Too many like them out there. Disney will be fine.

Just like all the suckers here that kept on watching NFL during all that take a knee crap. That helped launch BLM. Could have sent a powerful message and shut this crap down right away, but nope. Gotta watch the game.

The only reason they are fucking you, is because you are letting them.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 3:51:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#26]
Originally Posted By CeruleanRed:
Assuming every one of the 48 million Hulu subscribers is paying for the cheapest service tier, Disney is looking at an additional (roughly) 1.5 billion in revenue that Comcast is currently getting per year.

Also note that that revenue is going to be largely profit since Disney is currently footing (at least) 2/3rds of operating expenses to begin with.
View All Quotes

In not-bizarro world, you don't make profit on any given thing until you've got back what you paid out to get it.

Also note that even if Comcast “forces” Disney to buy their stake (something Disney has wanted to do for years) they don’t have to write a check for 10 billion dollars (or whatever the price is).

Yes, because comcast is going to give it to them for free out of the kindness of their hearts.

"Forces"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Put_option
In finance, a put or put option is a derivative instrument in financial markets that gives the holder (i.e. the purchaser of the put option) the right to sell an asset (the underlying), at a specified price (the strike), by (or on) a specified date (the expiry or maturity) to the writer (i.e. seller) of the put. The purchase of a put option is interpreted as a negative sentiment about the future value of the underlying stock.[1] The term "put" comes from the fact that the owner has the right to "put up for sale" the stock or index.

Up until Covid, Disney had been operating at a monthly multi-billion dollar negative operational capital for years. Having to finance a few billion is hardly going to be the death knell of a company with a market cap of close to 200 billion dollars.

This is a nothing burger and some of you should get a better understanding of finance so your zealotry doesn’t allow you to be so easily misled next time.

*looks through the thread for where he's said it's the death knell of disney*

Nope, ain't there.

Why are you posting this content?

Is it because you approve of what disney has been doing?

Do you live in celebration or work for disney or something they own?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/hulu-disney-comcast-deal-future-1235322106/
Disney is the majority owner of Hulu, holding a two-thirds stake, while Comcast owns a third. Starting in January 2024, Comcast can use a put option to require Disney to take over its stake, while Disney can tell Comcast to sell it its stake. A transaction would be a multibillion-dollar affair. As per an agreement between the two companies, Hulu would get a fair-market value assessment from independent experts. However, the guaranteed minimum Hulu valuation of $27.5 billion means that Disney would have to cough up at least around $9 billion.

Jeff Shell, CEO of Comcast’s NBCUniversal, in December added fuel to the fire, noting that the likely outcome is Disney writing a “big check.” “We think it’s worth a lot of money because it’s sold on a full-control basis,” he said. “And I think there’s no indication that anything else is going to happen than Disney writing us a big check for the asset in ‘24.”

Macquarie analyst Tim Nollen echoed that sentiment in early January. “Disney by year-end ’23 will likely have to come up with the around $10 billion or more to buy in the one-third stake on which it has a call from Comcast,” he wrote back then about Hulu, which lost NBC next-day content because Comcast decided to instead put it on its own Peacock streaming service. “We assume under Iger’s leadership the interest in owning Hulu outright will remain strong.”
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 3:56:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Rick-OShay:

"to prepare someone"
View All Quotes

Traditionally, that “specific purpose” has been sex.  And in predators “grooming” children for sex.  

Because now people say a TV show can “groom” children.  Obviously a TV show cannot have sex with a child.

"to prepare someone"

To be slightly pedantic, context matters.

If “groomer” just refers to generally preparing someone for something, then we are all groomers.  Because I’ve prepared people at work for promotions, etc.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 4:05:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#28]
Oh now this is just rich.

https://thatparkplace.com/report-uk-government-threatening-to-dissolve-star-wars-acolyte-production-and-seize-assets/

REPORT: UK Government Threatening To Dissolve Star Wars Acolyte Production and Seize Assets

June 7, 2023
By Jonas CampbellCategories: News, Opinion, Streaming
Strange things are happening with The Acolyte and its development in the United Kingdom. While we don’t believe the series is cancelled, continuation for a second season could already be out the window a year before release.

Is trouble afoot for the television production of Star Wars: The Acolyte? The government of the UK has made public notice to Lucasfilm that the Walt Disney Company entity needs to respond immediately, or it might result in severe consequences for the Leslye Headland-helmed production.

As That Park Place has covered in the past, when Hollywood studios begin the work process on a new television or film production, they create what is known as a “production entity” in order to facilitate legal entity accounting and take on any financing that will occur during the course of creating said television show or film.

Usually these entities receive vague or subtle names to keep away from the prying eyes of the public, who can be desperate to know more about their favorite upcoming superhero films like Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania (aka Pym Productions II in the eyes of the UK government).

Due to a lawsuit filed by former Acolyte producer Karyn McCarthy, we know that the production entities for the show are Blue Stockings LLC in the United States, and Blue Stockings (UK) Ltd in the United Kingdom. As we’ve covered in the past, UK entities are required to list the cost of their productions publicly in order to be eligible for UK tax credits. This is how we’ve been able to determine the exorbitant amount of money that Lucasfilm and Disney have spent trying to revive the failing Star Wars franchise.

This is also how we’ve been able to determine that Disney corporate legal is heavily involved in the set up and regulatory compliance of these production entities, which are wholly owned by Lucasfilm, itself wholly owned by the Walt Disney Company. Even for a Lucasfilm entity, the directors of record for both Blue Stockings entities are an overwhelming majority sourced from Walt Disney Company corporate legal, not Lucasfilm, or Kathleen Kennedy and Headland herself as some have speculated.

During the course of updating our own files on The Acolyte, I came across an unusual regulatory notice from the UK government regarding an issue with Blue Stockings (UK) Ltd.

Two weeks ago, Companies House, the United Kingdom business registration authority issued a First Gazette bulletin informing the creditors of Blue Stockings that “unless cause is shown to the contrary” that the UK entity for the Acolyte would be dissolved and struck from the register, and all assets held by the company will become property of “the Crown.” Interestingly, this marks at least the second time in recent memory that King Charles III has become a topic of conversation regarding the Walt Disney Company.

Blue Stockings has until the middle of July to become compliant with UK law or The Acolyte will belong to the UK government.

Star Wars: The Acolyte has reportedly wrapped production, keeping it on target for a release in 2024. https://t.co/7mDYajojVE

— Screen Rant (@screenrant) June 5, 2023

Previous filings showed that Blue Stockings UK extended its accounting period earlier this year, most likely to allow for all production costs to be consolidated into a single filing for a uniform application of the productions UK tax credits. Our records from that time indicate the account was already listed as out of compliance.

Ever since December of last year, the Acolyte has been plagued on social media by rumors that the show was a “fake production” or was stalled in development. Since then, set photos have leaked, a sizzle reel has been shown at the massive Star Wars Celebration fan convention, and Disney CEO Bob Iger has confirmed to investors that he has seen part of the show and gave his stamp of approval, also adding that the show will premiere on Disney+ in 2024.

In May, noted Lucasfilm and Walt Disney Company critic Kamran Pasha stated that his source, Sparrow had confirmed that Bob Iger was even questioning the amount of capital being used on the Acolyte and wondered if they should continue to “throw money away” on The Acolyte. Pasha has repeatedly said that The Acolyte is a “scam.”

According to a UK tax professional, First Gazette notices are often triggered due to filing compliance issues. By that logic, any debts assumed by Blue Stockings UK would then become debts of Lucasfilm while jeopardizing the tax credits that the production might receive.

Several websites have spoken out saying that their sources have confirmed that the Acolyte completed first and second unit production before the WGA writer’s strike. While That Park Place cannot confirm other website’s sources, this is consistent with our own source that confirmed to WDW Pro that post-production SFX and CGI is currently being done on the Acolyte. Pro has reached out to sources with Lucasfilm who assure the post-production is indeed on the way.

However, with the production already done but the shell company potentially on the way to dissolution, has Disney already decided to abandon The Acolyte after one season? Or is this just a major accounting issue that Lucasfilm should quickly resolve.

For all the latest news that should be fun, keep reading That Park Place! As always, drop a comment down below.
Do you enjoy That Park Place content on a regular basis? Consider donating to support our ongoing work telling the truth about all the news that should be fun! Click Here to Financially Support TTP
About the Author: Jonas Campbell
Investigative reporter for That Park Place. Diving deep into the numbers, you're just as likely to find me studying the latest tax filing for a major corporation as I am to be watching a new show on Disney+.
View Quote

Two weeks ago, Companies House, the United Kingdom business registration authority issued a First Gazette bulletin informing the creditors of Blue Stockings that “unless cause is shown to the contrary” that the UK entity for the Acolyte would be dissolved and struck from the register, and all assets held by the company will become property of “the Crown.” Interestingly, this marks at least the second time in recent memory that King Charles III has become a topic of conversation regarding the Walt Disney Company.

Blue Stockings has until the middle of July to become compliant with UK law or The Acolyte will belong to the UK government.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#29]

If “groomer” just refers to generally preparing someone for something, then we are all groomers.  Because I’ve prepared people at work for promotions, etc.  
View Quote

Context is important in determining meaning of conversations.  In the context of Disney, "groomiing" means to normalize previously abnormal or age-inappropriate sexual activity to children.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 4:48:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#30]

Context is important in determining meaning of conversations.  In the context of Disney, "groomiing" means to normalize previously abnormal or age-inappropriate sexual activity to children.
View All Quotes

And in a way that specifically brings those same children INTO that activity, in the same way you apprentice someone for one of the trades.

We are not ignorant of that link.

Yes, it fits even the modern colloquial usage of the word "groomer" and it's impossible to not notice when people try and say it doesn't.

Look at what has happend almost unviersally to all the young girls who went into the disney machine.

Hello, myley cyrus ring a bell, anyone?

They come out acting exactly like girls who have been horribly abused.

Trying to tell us we shouldn't see what we can see right in front of our faces does not go over well and people remember.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Wishful thinking OP.   You are very naive if you think Disney can’t finance 9b.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By hicap:
I need Iger to get the stock price back up to $150 or so and I'm selling my stock

all they have is the Parks right now though,
View Quote

See the part where it says P/E 41?    Know what it means?

Walt Disney Co (The)
As of June 7, 2023 • 4:03 PM EDT
NYSE: DIS
92.52USD+0.36(0.39%)
Today
5D
1M
YTD
1Y
5Y
All
92.53 USD • 3:59 PM
9:30 AM11:10 AM12:50 PM2:20 PM4:00 PM
Open
High
Low
P/E
52wk High
52wk Low
Avg Vol
16.9 M
Mkt Cap
169 B
Prev Close
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 5:09:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By IwasBrian:
Only hurts hard working Americans. The foreign investors enjoy when Americans suffer.
View Quote

Bull. Shit.  And I don't fucking care.  This shit needs to stop.  If you work for Disney, you are part of the problem.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Actiondiver:
I know tons of parents that gleefully take their kids to their parks to be groomed

I hope Disney goes under
View Quote
Today is not soon enough
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Actiondiver:
I know tons of parents that gleefully take their kids to their parks to be groomed

I hope Disney goes under
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Be careful trying to short a stock like this. I know it seems easy and plain as day to fellow conservatives, but you have no idea how much dark money can prop up this POS for far longer than you can stay solvent.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Thank you, that sums things up rather nicely.

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Wishful thinking OP.   You are very naive if you think Disney can’t finance 9b.
View Quote

Stuff like this is borderline depressing.

Do you realize that your thoughts and your impressions are not the meanings of the words and language I post?

Can you even tell the difference?

That is not normal and that is not healthy.

Does anything I posted have that meaning?

If no, I didn't say it.

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#40]

Walt Disney Co (The)
92.52USD+0.36(0.39%)
Today
5D
1M
YTD
1Y
5Y
All
Open
High
Low
P/E
52wk High
52wk Low
Avg Vol
16.9 M
Mkt Cap
169 B
Prev Close
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hicap:
I need Iger to get the stock price back up to $150 or so and I'm selling my stock

all they have is the Parks right now though,

Walt Disney Co (The)
92.52USD+0.36(0.39%)
Today
5D
1M
YTD
1Y
5Y
All
Open
High
Low
P/E
52wk High
52wk Low
Avg Vol
16.9 M
Mkt Cap
169 B
Prev Close

Do you know?

Can you explain it?
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#41]

That doesn't help.

View Quote

Technically they won the 2nd American Revolution.  We are now counter revolutionaries but they also won the Culture War. That will cade damn near a century to reverse.  All people can  do is stand firm. Dont expect to see change in your lifetime but still stand knowing in the end you will be examples for those generations from now that want to stand again.

Problem is most of the Right SUCKS at playing the long game. Even shorter attention spans then the Left. the Left plays the long gamer. The Right wants quick satisfaction.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

You spend enough time on here to have 23k posts and are hurrdurr wHy DoES aRfcOm hATe DiSNeY?

C'mon man, try harder.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glklvr:
Why does arfcom hate Disney?

I can’t keep up.

I’d never go, but that is because it seems like horrible value for money.

You spend enough time on here to have 23k posts and are hurrdurr wHy DoES aRfcOm hATe DiSNeY?

C'mon man, try harder.

He's being edgy, brah!
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#43]
“She immediately set the bar so high that no one surpassed it,” director Rob Marshall told THR last month. “We saw every ethnicity. There was no agenda to cast a woman of color. It was really just, ‘Let’s find the best Ariel,’ and Halle claimed the role.”

Somehow I find this difficult to believe
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By LexDiamonds:
Be careful trying to short a stock like this. I know it seems easy and plain as day to fellow conservatives, but you have no idea how much dark money can prop up this POS for far longer than you can stay solvent.
View Quote

Or ... don't short it.

Just ... refuse to give them anything for a few months.

----------------------------------------------------
https://www.wsj.com/market-data/quotes/DIS/financials

Total Assets

Cash & Short-Term Investment 10.40 b
Total Debt   48.52 b
Total liabilities 94.49b

Liquidity
Current Ratio 0.94
Quick Ratio 0.88
Cash Ratio 0.40

I am most likely reading that wrong.

*shrug*
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:45:50 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

It’s a bit too silly to debate I suppose.

I’m just cognizant that people will argue all day about the definition of the word “gender” when they know well and good what the user means when they say it.

People want to have their cake and eat it too.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:51:14 AM EDT
[#46]

What is the word?  It’s not “grooming”.  “Grooming” means something different, unless definitions have changed.  It is done by a child predator who intends to prey on a child, not by a teacher or whoever who does not intend to prey on a child.

I’ve been wondering why so many people use the word incorrectly on here.  Particularly given that there a a number of sticklers for words having specific meaning.
View Quote

Who is to say that the teacher is also not a child molester?  It is pretty common.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:56:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By AZ_M1:

Who is to say that the teacher is also not a child molester?  It is pretty common.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZ_M1:

What is the word?  It’s not “grooming”.  “Grooming” means something different, unless definitions have changed.  It is done by a child predator who intends to prey on a child, not by a teacher or whoever who does not intend to prey on a child.

I’ve been wondering why so many people use the word incorrectly on here.  Particularly given that there a a number of sticklers for words having specific meaning.

Yeah. That would certainly change things.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:21:13 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

I can't keep up.

I'd never go, but that is because it seems like horrible value for money.
Men in dressed as Princess dresses is one thing.

Sooo ... about that

Grooming children towards transsexual and homosexual things are another.

I am sure some will say I am wrong and the above is wrong, but they are just blind to what's going on.

Exposing kids to males dressed up as females and treating that as if it's normal (or worse, a positive good) ... is training kids to overcome their "ick" reaction towards people breaking sex roles and doing weird things.

If only we had a word that sums up what that is in practice ...

What is the word?  It’s not “grooming”.  “Grooming” means something different, unless definitions have changed.  

Grooming IS the word.

They are conditioning children to accept the open public practice of wrong and destructive sexual behavior.

Grooming:
3: to train a person for a particular purpose.

Webster's new world dictionary, 1982.
same in:
the american heritage dictionary, 1989

Seems to have gained that meaning after 1950ish.

And it still has that meaning now:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/groom
to prepare someone for a special job or activity:
She was being groomed for leadership.
[ + to infinitive ] My boss is grooming me to take over his job next year.

They are being groomed for the job of changing culture to completely normalize and celebrate sexual anarchy (lgbtq+etc).

It fits the definition perfectly.

5 years ago you could search this site for the word "grooming" and not turn up a single hit .....
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 3:06:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Villafuego:

5 years ago you could search this site for the word "grooming" and not turn up a single hit .....
View All Quotes

I can't keep up.

Sooo ... about that

I am sure some will say I am wrong and the above is wrong, but they are just blind to what's going on.

Exposing kids to males dressed up as females and treating that as if it's normal (or worse, a positive good) ... is training kids to overcome their "ick" reaction towards people breaking sex roles and doing weird things.

What is the word?  It’s not “grooming”.  “Grooming” means something different, unless definitions have changed.  

Grooming IS the word.

They are conditioning children to accept the open public practice of wrong and destructive sexual behavior.

Grooming:

same in:

They are being groomed for the job of changing culture to completely normalize and celebrate sexual anarchy (lgbtq+etc).

Yep, maybe even 2 years ago.  It’s the current thing.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:05:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#50]

View All Quotes

I can't keep up.

Sooo ... about that

Grooming IS the word.

Grooming:

same in:

Why do you care about disney being called groomers when the definition - even your very own definition  you have offered in this thread - fits exactly what they have been doing?

They are explicitly training the kids to treat their sexual and romantic preferences as normal and even good which any toddler knows is what directs and pushes people into those behaviors. We have them on video saying that they are doing it! We have workers in the parks on video doing it!

People who pretend they don't know that training people that something is not only normal but good and preferable carrot and sticks people into the things being lauded ... I can't think of something nice to say about that.

If you can watch military recruiting adverts and realize that they use this effect, you can do the exact same thing elsewhere.

You almost have to make an effort to avoid the fact that the disney machine chews up kids and spits them out virtually all exhibitng the signs of abuse:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/celebrities-gone-bad/hard-drugs-breakdowns-and-life-in-rehab-the-dark-side-of-growing-up-a-disney-princess/news-story/a6965b7c736fb951389651f466a60cb8
Click To View Spoiler
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top