Site Notices
Page / 44
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:06:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CzechMate5:
Went to a concert last night in downtown STL. I wanted a beer but they were only selling BL. So I didn't have a beer.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#3]
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/molson-coors-boosts-ad-spending-capitalize-bud-lights-decline
Molson Coors Boosts Ad-Spending To Capitalize On Bud Light's Decline
Tyler Durden's Photo
by Tyler Durden
Tuesday, Feb 13, 2024 - 08:00 PM
Shares of Molson Coors, maker of Coors Light, a top competitor to Bud Light, jumped 4% in premarket trading but gave up all gains in the cash session. Earlier, the company announced earnings that beat average estimates for earnings and net sales.
To gain market share, Molson Coors increased marketing and administrative spending by 19% in the fourth quarter compared with the same period one year ago. This significant increase was a strategic decision by the management to leverage the declining demand for Bud Light nationwide, which followed Mulvaney's TikTok Bud Light ad in April.

Separately, data from Bump Williams Consulting shows Bud Light sales plunged 20% in 2023. For the first four weeks of 2024, sales tumbled 29.4% as the hemorrhaging continued.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 8:01:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#4]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/molson-coors-boosts-ad-spending-capitalize-bud-lights-decline
Tyler Durden's Photo
by Tyler Durden
Shares of Molson Coors, maker of Coors Light, a top competitor to Bud Light, jumped 4% in premarket trading but gave up all gains in the cash session. Earlier, the company announced earnings that beat average estimates for earnings and net sales.
To gain market share, Molson Coors increased marketing and administrative spending by 19% in the fourth quarter compared with the same period one year ago. This significant increase was a strategic decision by the management to leverage the declining demand for Bud Light nationwide, which followed Mulvaney's TikTok Bud Light ad in April.

Separately, data from Bump Williams Consulting shows Bud Light sales plunged 20% in 2023. For the first four weeks of 2024, sales tumbled 29.4% as the hemorrhaging continued.
View Quote

As well they should. Strike the beast while it’s wounded. It’s just business.

We’re getting close to one year. It’s not a damn boycott. It’s compete abandonment of Budweiser brand.

Shane and ridicule work. There is no boycott. People will still buy beer. Just not your brand. You killed the brand.  It will go down as “new Coke” in marketing school forever as what not to do.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody catch that Superbowl Ad? The Bud Light genie showed up, and one of his wishes was for another man.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By PiccoloPlayer:
Anybody catch that Superbowl Ad? The Bud Light genie showed up, and one of his wishes was for another man.
View Quote

Shame and ridicule work. “You drinking tranny fluid, here, let me buy you a non tranny gay beer”. I have done this, many times.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By spidey07:

We’re getting close to one year. It’s not a damn boycott. It’s compete abandonment of Budweiser brand.

Shane and ridicule work. There is no boycott. People will still buy beer. Just not your brand. You killed the brand.  It will go down as “new Coke” in marketing school forever as what not to do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spidey07:
Tyler Durden's Photo
by Tyler Durden

With new coke, they had the sense to undo the damage.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#8]
The only stock I've ever shorted. I don't even care about the money.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#9]

So, possibly some info on the 29th or 30th to come.

A strike impending on those days.

https://beernet.com/this-week-all-eyes-on-anheuser-busch/
February 25, 2024
This Week, All Eyes on Anheuser-Busch

Dear Client: A-B has done a remarkable job of neutralizing some of the most outspoken proponents of the Bud Light boycott earlier this month, (above and beyond sponsoring comedian Shane Gillis' tour), somehow managing to garner positive public remarks from Kid Rock, Donald Trump, Jr., Tucker Carlson, Joe Rogan, and finally Donald Trump himself -- … Continue reading "This Week, All Eyes on Anheuser-Busch"

"We threw money and PR at people who live in isolated bubbles and suckered them into saying nice stuff about us"

The CEO of AB went down to kid rock's place and personally schmoozed him, if anyone missed that bit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#10]
https://www.wsj.com/business/retail/bud-light-missed-out-on-the-super-bowl-party-a5387584

The maker of Bud Light hoped that the Super Bowl might turn things around for the struggling brand. It barely moved the needle.
Modelo Especial won the big game with 8.7% of all beer sold in U.S. retail stores in the week before and the week after the Super Bowl, according to an analysis of Nielsen data by consulting firm Bump Williams. Bud Light represented 7.3%.
Modelo last May unseated Bud Light as the top-selling U.S. beer by dollar sales, after a Bud Light boycott began in April. Bud Light’s sales still haven’t recovered. The brand’s sales volume was down by 30% in the two-week period ended Feb. 17, compared with the same period a year earlier, Bump Williams said.

So much for AB's attempts to schmooze and spend their way out of it this time around. Not even trump and kid rock saying nice things about them helped.  

They'll never learn or take responsibility for it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#11]
LOL. The teamsters better learn to code.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:44:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm pleasantly surprised by the 30% sales drop. I was afraid this would peter out but apparently not.

Good job, middle America.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 1:04:41 AM EDT
[#13]
https://www.wsj.com/business/retail/bud-light-missed-out-on-the-super-bowl-party-a5387584

The maker of Bud Light hoped that the Super Bowl might turn things around for the struggling brand. It barely moved the needle.
Modelo Especial won the big game with 8.7% of all beer sold in U.S. retail stores in the week before and the week after the Super Bowl, according to an analysis of Nielsen data by consulting firm Bump Williams. Bud Light represented 7.3%.
Modelo last May unseated Bud Light as the top-selling U.S. beer by dollar sales, after a Bud Light boycott began in April. Bud Light’s sales still haven’t recovered. The brand’s sales volume was down by 30% in the two-week period ended Feb. 17, compared with the same period a year earlier, Bump Williams said.

https://archive.is/8obzk/c64490648e4e3e6cdbec60441f9a64834683f294.png

So much for AB's attempts to schmooze and spend their way out of it this time around. Not even trump and kid rock saying nice things about them helped.  

View Quote

Modelo is owned by InBev, the people that switched to Modelo are still giving their money to people that hate them.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 1:15:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Spartan:
Modelo is owned by InBev, the people that switched to Modelo are still giving their money to people that hate them.
View Quote

Modelo U.S. isn’t owned by Imbev, from my understanding.

I don’t understand how a brand name can be downed by more than one entity.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 1:40:09 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

https://archive.is/8obzk/c64490648e4e3e6cdbec60441f9a64834683f294.png

As far as I understand, not in the united states.

I think they were not allowed to have them due to monopol considerations or some such silliness as that.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 1:41:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TGE:
I'm pleasantly surprised by the 30% sales drop. I was afraid this would peter out but apparently not.

View Quote

They seem to have been stuck at -20 to -30% since around april of last year.

If they lose shelf space that might ... ?   get even worse for them.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:32:43 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:03:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#18]

I think they were not allowed to have them due to monopol considerations or some such silliness as that.
View Quote

Modelo is still owned by a woke brand. Co stellation is super woke as well.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#19]
A growing boycott of Bud Light over its partnership with a transgender influencer has hurt sales at parent group AB InBev.

AB InBev, which owns Bud Light, Stella Artois, Budweiser and Corona, said on Thursday that sales to retailers in the US fell by 17.4pc in the last quarter of 2023, which it blamed primarily on the decline of Bud Light.

The slump is deeper than the 16.6pc fall seen in the third quarter of last year and means AB InBev has now suffered three consecutive quarters of double-digit percentage sales falls in the US.

Formerly the US’s best selling beer brand, Bud Light angered American conservatives last year after a marketing tie-up with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney in April.
View Quote

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bud-light-trans-boycott-hammers-122955416.html
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:12:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#20]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By anothermisanthrope:
A growing boycott of Bud Light over its partnership with a transgender influencer has hurt sales at parent group AB InBev.

AB InBev, which owns Bud Light, Stella Artois, Budweiser and Corona, said on Thursday that sales to retailers in the US fell by 17.4pc in the last quarter of 2023, which it blamed primarily on the decline of Bud Light.

The slump is deeper than the 16.6pc fall seen in the third quarter of last year and means AB InBev has now suffered three consecutive quarters of double-digit percentage sales falls in the US.

Formerly the US's best selling beer brand, Bud Light angered American conservatives last year after a marketing tie-up with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney in April.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bud-light-trans-boycott-hammers-122955416.html
"Ms Mulvaney said she faced transphobia and abuse following the partnership and felt abandoned by AB InBev."

It's a faggot wearing a dress.  Fucktards.  

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Everyone should brew at home and have a distiller
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
Can't disagree.  I can brew pretty good beer, but currently, good indy brews are available and cheap.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#24]
At a gathering the other night, among the other beers available were a couple of Bud Lights, but they were said to be "pre-ban" Bud Lights (over a year old).  One was still left at the end.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#25]
One of the local fire companies has a nice bar/restaurant/social club. They recently had aluminum Bud Light bottles on sale for a dollar. Bartender said that they were ready to go past the born on date. Whatever they didn't sell, the beer rep would buy back. After that, they will not be ordering anymore. I  don't care what Kid Rock or Trump says- Bud Light is forever damaged goods.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Mojo_Jojo:
Can't disagree.  I can brew pretty good beer, but currently, good indy brews are available and cheap.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mojo_Jojo:

Plus we can all convert our beater box cars to alky and make our own fuel!

win/win.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Doing my part of that 30% down.
Have not purchased Bud products since they turned into trans fluid.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
I just caught a segment on FOXBusiness and the host did say Modelo was owned by the same company.

I've never looked any of that up for myself but I'm very pleased with the ongoing performance of people like us making a change.

I hope this will inspire other changes in our society. We can make a difference.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Its in comparison to the year before, so this is being compared to when Bud Light was still ok. The real test will be in April when it is compared to sales when the boycott started. I suspect at this point they are holding out till then just to say "look we are only down 0% to 5%. The Boycott is over. We are safe again."
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By sheltot:
And Trump, being Trump, cannot stop stepping on his own crank:
Donald Trump has called for Republicans to end the boycott of Bud Light, calling the marketing stunt a “mistake of epic proportions” but suggesting that the beer “perhaps deserves a second chance”.
View Quote

Fuck off Donald. No one should be drinking that vile liquid.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By timepilot:
One of the local fire companies has a nice bar/restaurant/social club. They recently had aluminum Bud Light bottles on sale for a dollar. Bartender said that they were ready to go past the born on date. Whatever they didn't sell, the beer rep would buy back. After that, they will not be ordering anymore. I  don't care what Kid Rock or Trump says- Bud Light is forever damaged goods.
View Quote

I can see both points of the argument but I don’t care for it and I will continue not drinking it.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By bayoushooter:

Its in comparison to the year before, so this is being compared to when Bud Light was still ok. The real test will be in April when it is compared to sales when the boycott started. I suspect at this point they are holding out till then just to say "look we are only down 0% to 5%. The Boycott is over. We are safe again."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bayoushooter:

Meh, being flat vs terrible sales will be nothing to brag about. Seeing the y/y comps this bad against the final month of old "normal" sales before they start lapping the boycott positively warms my heart.

Their new normal is dogwater and everyone knows it.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By StainlessEagle:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StainlessEagle:
Donald Trump has called for Republicans to end the boycott of Bud Light, calling the marketing stunt a "mistake of epic proportions" but suggesting that the beer "perhaps deserves a second chance".

Yeah he really needs to stfu for once.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#35]
CNN, reporting from London, says China don't want that tranny beer either

Bud Light boycott likely cost Anheuser-Busch InBev over $1 billion in lost sales

London CNN  —  The world’s largest brewer may have lost as much as $1.4 billion in sales because of the backlash to its brief partnership with a transgender influencer to promote Bud Light beer.

Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) reported record revenues for 2023 Thursday but said its “full growth potential was constrained” by its US business, where sales were hurt by a boycott of Bud Light over a sponsored Instagram post with Dylan Mulvaney.

In North America, organic revenue, seen as the best measure of operating performance, plunged $1.4 billion last year as beer sales by volume tumbled in the region, primarily due to a decline in Bud Light sales in the United States. Beer makes up the lion’s share of AB InBev’s revenue.

Bud Light sales tanked after the company’s partnership with Mulvaney last April sparked an anti-trans backlash and calls for a boycott. A tepid response to the controversy from the company also angered LGBTQ+ advocates.

Overall sales volumes in China also fell in the fourth quarter, even as sales of premium brands grew in the double digits, AB InBev said.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:31:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 797hp] [#36]
What happened to the dumb, woke bitch who started this whole train wreck?

You never hear anything about her, I hope she gets ridiculed everywhere she goes
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:38:25 AM EDT
[#37]
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/teamsters-anheuser-busch-reach-new-5-year-contract
Teamsters, Anheuser-Busch reach new 5-year contract
Pay to increase 23% on average over the life of the deal
John Kingston
·
Friday, March 01, 2024

The contract agreement reached this week between the Teamsters union and Anheuser-Busch, averting a strike that could have begun Friday, calls for wage increases of $8 an hour over the five years of the deal. A $4-per-hour raise kicks in immediately.

Anheuser-Busch (NYSE: BUD) announced the deal late Wednesday. It awaits ratification in the coming days by approximately 5,000 workers across the company’s U.S. operations.

The new contract also calls for a $2,500 ratification bonus.

5000 workers, instant $4 an hour wage increase, with another 4 to come.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:40:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 797hp:
What happened to the dumb, woke        who started this whole train wreck?

You never anything about her, I hope she gets ridiculed everywhere she goes
View Quote

We/I did.

She was fired but pinky swear totally not fired and AFAIK never came back.  Company they hired to do the promo took a hit and IIRC had to fire people?

Related, some sources or whistleblowers from inside the company later said "but she just did what they were all planning to do anyhow."  Never saw verficiation or denial of that.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:53:31 AM EDT
[#39]
https://fortune.com/europe/2024/03/01/bud-light-boycott-ab-inbev-1-4-billion-sales-transgender-influencer-dylan-mulvaney/

Bud Light beer boycott may now have a price tag, as AB InBev notches a $1.4B drop in U.S. sales following transgender influencer row
BYPrarthana Prakash

Now, there’s a price tag on the controversial Bud Light ad spot involving transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney. In North America, AB InBev found organic revenue—a proxy for operating performance—slid by $1.4 billion owing to less Bud Light beer sold.

To be sure, this geography includes Canada in addition to the U.S. However, the group’s revenue growth remained flat for the year in the former, while Bud Light’s boycott took a toll in the U.S.

AB InBev CEO Michel Doukeris said the group’s “growth potential was constrained by the performance of our U.S. business” during an earnings call Thursday.

NOW it's a good START.

Insult your customers, go woke, have everyone find out about your DEI, and constantly screw up over and over ... instead of realizing you did wrong, fessing up, giving back the protection money, and just trying to treat your customers right ...

Get punished.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:01:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#40]
What happened to the dumb, woke bitch who started this whole train wreck?

You never hear anything about her, I hope she gets ridiculed everywhere she goes
View Quote
Quit buying into their bullshit.  There was no "girl".  It was a faggot in a dress, period.

Marketing bitch was "fired" but not really so she could getting the $$$ and keep her mouth shut.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:03:12 AM EDT
[#41]
lol I’m talking about the marketing chick who worked at Budweiser

Not that skinny little freak
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:17:25 AM EDT
[#42]
1.4 billion to a 104 billion dollar company is like a penny falling out of my pocket when I get my car keys.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:27:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By merick:
1.4 billion to a 104 billion dollar company is like a penny falling out of my pocket when I get my car keys.
View Quote

Why, you're absolutely right.

People should never go back and should attack AB every way they legally can to make it a 104 billion dollar loss.

Thank you for encouraging us!

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:30:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#44]
EDIT:

797hp, NM. I didn't scroll up.

Ignore, I stupidly thought you were replying to me.

It's late and I'm slow.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:31:34 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

I’m sure the board members share that exact same sentiment!

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:33:11 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Also, his math is a tad bit off.

Unless he's saying his net worth is a dollar or so.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#47]

Also, his math is a tad bit off.

Unless he's saying his net worth is a dollar or so.
View Quote

And despite the tragic losses I still have enough left for a rc cola, the purpose of the trip.

Bitcoin has had drawdowns of 75% or more four times and the believers are still there. Spidey07 doesn't even get excited until the spoos are down 5-10%.

If we really wanted to teach a lesson no one would forget have the arfcom MVIS bros go long BUD.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#48]
lol I'm talking about the marketing chick who worked at Budweiser

Not that skinny little freak
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Donald Trump has called for Republicans to end the boycott of Bud Light, calling the marketing stunt a “mistake of epic proportions” but suggesting that the beer “perhaps deserves a second chance”.
View Quote

One more evidence (for the list) showing what he really is.  

The fact that republicans cannot (or will not?) come up with anything better, is also disturbing and thus leading to, again, picking the lesser of two evils also an eye opener.

So, no, some things do not "deserve a second chance" because they already made very clear what they are with their first chance.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

More like a $20 bill. Enough to piss you off but not enough to ruin your life.
Page / 44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top