Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 44
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chupacabras:
Bud Light said they disapproved of their customer base and wanted to replace them.  Then the CEO essentially blamed the boycotters for not appreciating Bud Light’s inclusivity.
View Quote

LOL
go woke go broke!

Bud Light is officially Queer Beer! They even managed to piss off the gay men with the big veiny bois
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
None of this is possible because GD has taught me that nothing matters.  Nothing will change.  Just look at the biden news conference thread.  Every other post is the same.
View Quote
You think a beer company has the same pull as the White house? hmmmm
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Last week the snow melted.

My first task was to ride the property line along the road to clean up any Bud Light cans that might have been tossed there over the winter. Would want that shit on my property.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AlamTX:
I got bad news for you bro. Heineken is owned by Busch and they own Dos Equis.

Stick to liquor.
View Quote

Maybe cut back on the liquor a little bit.  Heineken is publicly traded.  Ticker is HEINY.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Good I hope it drops even more.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Millennial:

Years ago, a part I designed was specifically named as a primary contributor to the total loss of a nearly $200M prototype during a flight test. It iced up during the ascent, f’ed everything up, and ultimately the FAA made us activate the flight termination system once we were over a remote area.  It literally crashed & burned.

And they still let me work there
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Millennial:
Originally Posted By mayday:

Yet they STILL dont have the balls to fire the moron girl that did this.  Which says a lot.

If i caused a 7 billion loss at my work; everyone including the janitor would line up to kick my balls -- and then four guys would grab me, lift me off the ground, open the front door with my head and heave me into traffic.

Years ago, a part I designed was specifically named as a primary contributor to the total loss of a nearly $200M prototype during a flight test. It iced up during the ascent, f’ed everything up, and ultimately the FAA made us activate the flight termination system once we were over a remote area.  It literally crashed & burned.

And they still let me work there

Y U NO PUT PITOT HEAT?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By hhsmiley:
If AB is surprised that it's not just BL, this is yet another example of how little they think of their customers and how dumb they think they are.

"You mean these rubes have figured out that we make other beers besides Bud and now they aren't buying those too?"

With every single thing AB does or doesn't do in response to this situation they made, they just keep digging the hole deeper.
View Quote

What AB needs to do is realize that what they did was *wrong* - say it was wrong, and than act like it was wrong - and apologize for it.

Because they got involved in the culture wars, they now have no choice but to pick a side, if they want to get out of this cleanly.

Otherwise, that fence they are trying to ride will cut them in half like a judas chair.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By grendelbane:
BUD wanted to be inclusive and bring every one together over a beer.

They succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.  OG beer drinkers and LGBTQs are both boycotting AB-InBev products.  That beer they are celebrating over?  It is a Coors, or a Miller, maybe a Yeungling or a locally brewed craft beer.

Anything but an AB-InBev product.
View Quote

If another beer company had non feminine balls they would come out with a commercial of everyone hanging out and enjoying a beer with a narrator thanking AB for making this possible.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Good. Fuck anything under the A-B umbrella. Won't ever touch any of their brands again.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
If this keeps going ...

GD group buy of the clydesdales?  
View Quote

You’re new here. Arfcom hates horses.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:35:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not sure about the numbers being reported.
Last week the small grocery store and Walmart here had Bud on the floor there was so much not selling.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:35:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#12]
Originally Posted By AngryNagant:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

If another beer company had non feminine balls they would come out with a commercial of everyone at A-B hanging and enjoying a beer with a narrator thanking AB for making this possible.
View Quote

FIFY. Now that would be a great commercial!  
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Just here to say FAB!!!

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I don't drink, so I won't buy their product.  I'm also not gay, so I won't buy their product.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mayday:

Yet they STILL dont have the balls to fire the moron girl that did this.  Which says a lot.

If i caused a 7 billion loss at my work; everyone including the janitor would line up to kick my balls -- and then four guys would grab me, lift me off the ground, open the front door with my head and heave me into traffic.
View Quote

Ghostbusters on Academia vs. the Private Sector
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Maybe cut back on the liquor a little bit.  Heineken is publicly traded.  Ticker is HEINY.
View All Quotes

Stick to liquor.

More Russian disinformation.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Bud Light is a symbol of faggotry now. It is what it is. Fuck em
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AR4U:
That's what they're telling their investors, i.e. minimizing the problem. I'm sure at this point they are aware they fucked up, but the are afraid they can't disown the trannies or they'll start a two front war.
View Quote

that would be the biggest fuckup since June 22, 1941.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:
That dumb marketing bitch who did this is gonna be unemployable now. Like the guy who recorded himself giving the chik-fil-a worker shit at the drive thru window is now having to draw food stamps from the last article I read about him.
View Quote

That drive thru girl is probably a franchise owner at this point.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RhinelandArms:
Here is a list of companies Inbev owns.
https://www.tapintoyourbeer.com/guide-our-beers

Apparently they have Busch as well. That I wont miss

They also import Modelo, I will miss that one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:
That dumb marketing bitch who did this is gonna be unemployable now. Like the guy who recorded himself giving the chik-fil-a worker shit at the drive thru window is now having to draw food stamps from the last article I read about him.
View Quote

I disagree.  She accomplished exactly what she set out to do.  She'll make even more money at some think tank somewhere as a consultant.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BTccw:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BTccw:
If this keeps going ...

GD group buy of the clydesdales?  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:40:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#24]
View All Quotes

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/beer-brands-full-size.jpg

"The illusion of choice."

Only brand I was even drinking on that entire list was GI. Would get my share of bcbs every year. Not anymore.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SIASL:

I’m beginning to wonder if nepotism might be in play (almost convinced). Is she somehow related to, or a family member of hers an acquaintance possibly, with someone within the company?
View Quote

Could be (((nepotism))).
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:41:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By chupacabras:
Bud Light said they disapproved of their customer base and wanted to replace them.  Then the CEO essentially blamed the boycotters for not appreciating Bud Light’s inclusivity.

Interesting how spitting on your base = inclusivity.
View Quote

The new left of the 60s and such loved marcuse.

Marcuse defined inclusivity so that you had to ruthlessly exclude everyone and everything "on the right."

That stuck, and now that the left are the empire, they are doing it.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mancow:
I wonder what Yuengling's numbers are looking like.
View Quote

I’d like to know too.  That’s good beer and just became available around here.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Drinking a bud light means you are gay.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#29]
This nog not just about AB, now.

They need to be made example of. This is how movements kick off. This has the potential to take back some ground lost to the freaks, deviants, anti white, crazies.

Make it clear that, siding with those who would destroy America,  will be very costly.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:43:16 PM EDT
[#30]
In before the free beer is free beer even if it's got tranny cum in it crowd?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

I've noticed several other Light Beer brands have really stepped up their TV commercials to take advantage of  Budweisers fuckup.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By countryflatlander:
In before the free beer is free beer even if it's got tranny cum in it crowd?
View Quote

@freebeer   😂
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/beer-brands-full-size.jpg

I don't see Jax, Fauberg or Abita on that list.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Lone_Eagle:
AB is between a rock and a hard place.  On one hand, we are boycotting them for the ad campaign.  On the other hand, you have the alphabet soup nuts boycotting for AB "apologizing".  Need to redo that "button choice" meme for this one......lol
View Quote

No… The alphabet people and thier allies make a tiny portion of BL/AB sales. AB doesn’t care about that.

AB is stuck between a true grassroots boycott by the bulk of their actual customers and “cancel culture”.  No win situations exist and BL put themselves in one.  

Cancel culture is actually powerful  because it’s driven by a vocal minority, MSM, and social media algorithms… and wholly in bed with woke culture.

On the other hand I’ll bet 90% of actual normal people (AB/BL customers) think the trans movement is retarded bullshit … but they don’t say anything and don’t voice their opinions because cancel culture effectively silences free speech.  Sure, you’re free to say what you want; and then lose your career and home and security.  

You know what you can do though and not face an ounce of backlash?  Not buy shitty Budweiser products.

It’s exactly the reason we got polls saying Hillary 90%+ to win and then Trump curb stomping her… the left never learns.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:47:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#35]
It's not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be.

AB sales down 12%. Profits down 6%.

It's hardly a catastrophe and is barely a blip on the radar.

Stock price reflects the insignificance of this event.

But enjoy your fantasy land I guess.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:52:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIASL] [#37]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

View Quote

Uh…that’s a lot of money. Down 6% of my annual wouldn’t be a lot of money to AB but 6% of AB profits would let me and probably dozens of my coworkers retire comfortably right now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Anheuser-Busch stock downgraded by HSBC analysts over Bud Light ‘crisis’
By Ariel Zilber
May 10, 2023 11:46am Updated

The stock of Bud Light parent company Anheuser-Busch has been downgraded by analysts at HSBC who say the brand is in the midst of a “crisis” following the outcry over its ties to transgender social media influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Carlos Laboy, a managing director at HSBC’s global beverage sector, downgraded the stock of Anheuser-Busch InBev to a hold status — meaning that investors should neither buy or sell shares of the company.

Laboy said that the backlash to the Mulvaney branding partnership is a sign that there are “deeper problems than ABI admits,” according to a note that was first reported by CNBC.

“Is ABI’s leadership getting the brand culture transformation right? It’s mixed,” Laboy wrote in a note that was published on Wednesday.

“At Ambev, we think the answer is ‘yes;’ in the US, we think it’s ‘no’,” Laboy wrote.

“The way this Bud Light crisis came about a month ago, management’s response to it and the loss of unprecedented volume and brand relevance raises many questions.”

“Why did its US leadership underestimate the risk of pushback given the recent experience of other firms?” Laboy wrote.

“Is A-B hiring the best people to grow the brands and gauge risk?”

Ambev is the Brazilian beer brewer which is also owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev.

InBev was an independent company that was created as a result of the 2004 merger between Brazil-based Ambev and Belgian firm Interbrew.

In 2008, InBev acquired Anheuser-Busch — whose brands include Bud Light, Budweiser, Michelob, Busch, Stella Artois, and Hoegaarden, among others — in a cash deal worth $52 billion.

Laboy’s note was written as market data shows that beer drinkers are shunning Bud Light in increasing numbers.

Nationwide retail sales of the brand were down 23.4% versus a year ago in the week of April 29 — worse than the 21.4% decline it suffered a week earlier, according to Bump Williams Consulting and NielsenIQ data.

The controversy appears to be taking its toll on other brands within the Anheuser-Busch umbrella.

The company’s flagship Budweiser brand took an 11.4% sales hit for the week ended April 29.

Sales of Bud’s Michelob Ultra brand — the third-biggest-selling in the US behind No. 1 Bud Light and No. 2 Modelo Especial — were down 4.4%, according to Bump Williams data.

“It’s not just a Bud Light issue,” said Bump Williams, chief executive of the consultancy.

“It’s an Anheuser-Busch portfolio problem now.”

Anheuser-Busch InBev shares were down by some 1.9% during Wednesday’s morning session on Wall Street.

Anheuser-Busch InBev CEO Michel Doukeris has downplayed the impact of the backlash, saying Bud Light’s US sales declines in the first three weeks of April represented only 1% of InBev’s global volumes.

On April 1, Mulvaney posted a video of herself cracking open a Bud Light on her Instagram page.

She showed off a can with her face on it that Bud Light sent her — one of many corporate freebies she gets and shares with her millions of followers.

Three days after Mulvaney’s post, Kid Rock posted a video of himself shooting cases of Bud Light.

Anheuser-Busch InBev shares temporarily plunged.

Within weeks, two marketing executives at the company took a leave of absence.
View Quote

Carlos Laboy, a managing director at HSBC’s global beverage sector, downgraded the stock of Anheuser-Busch InBev to a hold status — meaning that investors should neither buy or sell shares of the company.

Laboy said that the backlash to the Mulvaney branding partnership is a sign that there are “deeper problems than ABI admits,” according to a note that was first reported by CNBC.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Speaking of.. I was in wm the other day and saw this for the first time ever. Yes I bought a case, and it’s pretty damn good. It was cheap at $15 as well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By mongo001:
Good. Hold the line.

https://i.postimg.cc/2SxK5m43/braveheart-hold.gif

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By midcap:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By midcap:

I don't know the date on the picture; it's what I could find with image search.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Sales down 12% absolutely is a big deal.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Honda4828:

Speaking of.. I was in wm the other day and saw this for the first time ever. Yes I bought a case, and it’s pretty damn good. It was cheap at $15 as well.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/463094/D30C9D38-320E-49A6-A35C-9AAABA9004E2_jpe-2812117.JPG
View Quote

Try the Flight and golden draft
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:57:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#44]

View Quote

If someone had told you their sales would be down 12% and profits down 6% at the very start of this, what would you have said?

No, don't answer here. Just answer to yourself, honestly.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Stick to liquor.
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Jack-Daniels-Drag-Queen-Summer-Glmp-/5-2635782/
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#46]

I’m beginning to wonder if nepotism might be in play (almost convinced). Is she somehow related to, or a family member of hers an acquaintance possibly, with someone within the company?
View Quote

Have you ever heard a little term called "comrade" or another "ally"?  There need be no familial relation.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Bud light is not selling. It's sitting on shelves.

Las Vegas/ Henderson area is not particularly conservative. I bet it's even worse in conservative cities.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

Its kind of funny they are getting fucked from both sides yet still capitulate to the Left.
View Quote

It says a lot
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:02:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

They still don't fucking get it.

No, what they NEED to do is to clarify the fact that they made a mistake.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Anheuser-Busch chief executive, Michel Doukeris has attempted to distance the company from the Mulvaney partnership and told investors during an earnings call last week, "We need to clarify the facts that this was one can, one influencer, one post and not a campaign".

They still don't fucking get it.

No, what they NEED to do is to clarify the fact that they made a mistake.  
They act like this was the effort of one bored employee doodling with a crayola.

I wonder exactly how much effort and collaboration it takes to get a can of beer printed with a special image. I'd imagine it's not simple.

1. contact the influencer and pitch the idea.
2. get the legal rights to their image
3. hire graphic artist to create the image.
4. Get automation folks to set the formatting up to print.
5. Halt the line to change the programming to print ONE CAN.
6. ship the can along with others to the influencer.
7. set up photo shoot with pro photographer to get the "one can" perfect image
8. ??????
9. Profit

Makes sense, this totally happened by accident.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By dashender:

Have you ever heard a little term called "comrade" or another "ally"?  There need be no familial relation.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dashender:

They play pretend that to impress one another. Greed (and nepotism) is reality and rules their day.
Page / 44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top