Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
They may have changed their name to Hesse I'm thinking!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
1) Paratrooper SKS. The bolt would freeze up.
2) Walther .380 PPK/S The feed ramp was defective, plus it would stovepipe.
Made money selling the SKS and lost money on the Walther.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Early 80's Colt Stainless Officers Model. To much of a newbie at the time to realize that you must spend as much as these cost with the gunsmith getting them to function reliably!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#4]
S&W (Sh*t & Worthless) model 469 9mm "automatic". Only thing automatic on that sumbitch was the jam every third round. It's most endearing qualtiy was a trick safty that, when thumbed off, would actually release the firing pin and discharge a round, thus one could not carry it with a round in the chamber. It was stolen by a worthless POS who did not know this, and promptly shot himself in the Thigh with it.(Federal Hydra-Shok to the femur...Ouch) so I guess it wasn't all bad...Got it back from the Sherriff, and once he and stopped laughing our asses off at the PDB (poor dumb b@$tard) I Traded it for a Bushy stripped lower.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure the worst one I got was a "Palmetto Arms" AR15 back in the early 80's. It was a true pos, must have been made in China. But sadly it was made here in the US, I don't remember where. Anyone ever hear of this manufacturer?
View Quote

Yup - almost bought a Palmetto Arms M16 years ago, but changed my mind and got an Uzi instead.  I don't know too much about the company or the quality of their weapons, but I have come across that manufacturer before.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#6]
EAA Witness PS, 9mm.  This is their new polymer one.  It's been back to the factory twice.  I think it's fixed this time, but haven't taken it out and tried it yet.  The slide stop literally fell out of it!  Plus, there is a lot of play between the slide and the frame and it wasn't holding open on the last shot, even with good mags.  Traded a Chuck Daly fullsize 1911 for it, and that thing was an ever bigger piece of crap!  PS = Piece (of) Shit.  

It's just a lemon though.  I have an EAA Witness P Compact in 45ACP that just runs and runs and runs.  Same exact design as the PS.  Someone said I should try the "Gangsta" or "Perpretrator" models instead of the "Witness."  Ha!  LOL
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#7]
One of the first Glock 17's. Ammo tempermental and jammed often. Also a colt pony 380 that was my LE go gun. (Had a retaining spring that would sometimes fly and the gun wouldn't go back together) It was kinda like an over glorified paper clip.   I sold both of them to you ! [;)]    
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#8]
HEE HEE, lucky me!!!

i never met a gun i didn't like!   [:D] [:D] [:D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#9]
My worst was a 12 gauge double barrel I bought at K-Mart in 1978 (I was only eighteen)some cheap import, don't remember the name though.  When I tried to fire it for the first time the left barrel wouldn't fire so I shot the right tube and it broke the buttstock off.  Took it back and got a refund after only one shot.  That is when I learned that you get whaat you pay for.  My next double was a Stevens 311 that still shoots as good today as the day I bought it.    
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I also had one of the Palmetto AR15's from the early 1980's sounds like you had much better luck with your's than I did mine, but I had a Colt concealed carry officers (for about three days) which self destructed in under 300 rounds after calling Colt Customer Service after a short conversation I swore I would never own another Colt product as long as I live but I never really got mad because it was so funny to watch this pistol fall apart, It was almost as if it were methodical. I took a big lose on that one but it worked out good in the end because I traded it for a 96FS Beretta which has been superb in every way
  Have a nice evening Rabon.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Colt Match Target AR 15, 16" light bbl. post-ban. It was nearly new, but couldn't tighten up much more than 9" groups. And the groups never went in the same place twice.

Spent another $600 on scope, trigger, cheek-piece thinking it needed "tuning."

Took a bath on the accessories, traded it back to the dealer for a Rem. 700 PSS.

Then I bought a BushMaster XM15 E2S carbine. (Flat-top, floated bbl.) and added the scope.

What the hell? I've got the case, mags, loading dies, bore guide, jags . . .

The new Bushy cost me $150 LESS than the used Colt! (And it's a better gun!)

Second worst . . . Glock 22. Nothing wrong with the gun, just shot to the left real hard. Hated the trigger.

For the money, the Jennings J-22 wasn't a bad little piece of turd.

Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Hands down........ a stainless Mini-14.

Total POS on the very best day it ever had.

Could not get it sighted in.  Shit crappy groups, it jammed all the time, would not go into battery and the mags spit out rds. at random.

I traded it on a pre-ban Colt Ar-15 Sporter and never looked back.

Second worst was some sort of PC POS MAK something or other with the butthole stock on it.

Sights were crooked when I bought it but I did not notice till I got home.

Never fired it..............traded it on a pre-ban AK.

Third was a Ruger SP101 in .357 mag.  Fixed sights that shot about 7 inches left at 10 yds.

Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not sure which I'd call the worst but I've sure had a few "stinkers". These come to mind;

Ruger MKII .22 pistols NIB, I had one that I couldn't drift the sight far enough on to bring the windage even close, and another that I would swear shot sideways.

A stainless Walther PPK/S (also brand new)that cracked. Interarms cheerfully replaced it and I quikly sold the new one.

A brand new Kimber Ultra Carry that had a small set screw floating around in the lockwork. Didn't work too well like that. Kimber inspected and tuned the pistol.

Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow... I think I must be the only guy on the planet with a reliable Colt Officer's ACP. Sounds like everybody else here had just a wee bit of trouble with theirs. [puke]

My biggest POS was the first handgun I ever bought, an Auto-Ordinance 1911A1. The thing was a nightmarish assembly of out-of-spec or defective parts. My second biggest (well, actually smallest) POS was a little Beretta 950BS that would literally shoot itself apart. Need to detail-strip it? Fire a couple mags through it over a bucket to catch the parts! [thinking]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Experience makes us wise. I am now a f**king genius.
1.Lorcin .380- shoot left handed gangsta style, rounds will fall out.
2.Llama .45- Sure it looked like a ParaOrdnance..
3.Tec9- rarely worked, rear sight fell off while shooting from car(funny story)
4.Beretta 21A 22lr- factory spec says that your supposed to be able to pull the trigger double action when the safety is  on. Safety is meant for single action mode.
5. Kel-Tec 9mm- F**K THAT POS!
6.Powder Springs MAC10- powjampowjampowjam.
7.Universal M1 carbine- SPROING!!
Ya git wut ya pay fer!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 1:59:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I've never had a problem with any weapon I've gotten.  The only one that I have a problem with is my H&K USP 9mm.  Don't get me wrong I love it.  it was my first handgun but for some reason I can't soot a tight group with it.  Give me my Sig P245 and I'll put the rounds on top of each other.  Hand me that USP and it's spray and prey.  Beats me...... guess it just doesn't fit in my hand right.

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:16:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Calico 9mm.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:59:46 AM EDT
[#19]
S&W Sigma 280.  Had a trigger pull much like one of those "Test Your Strength" grip machines at the arcade.  Couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:24:28 AM EDT
[#20]
I am ashamed to admit I even bought one....

The TEC-9

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Black&green don't feel bad I did the exact same thing.  That FIE was the worst.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#22]
when i was 17 i convinced mom to buy me a lorcin 22lr fun to shoot if you didnt mind a bullet going three feet to the left at a 10 ft target... plus every 2nd or 3rd magazine it would go auto ...that was fun i tried to make to always be auto but could only get it to do it 4 out of 5 magazines...at 17 i didnt know it was illeagal.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Worst?
Springfield 1911 Government model, it was made in the USA. Worst piece of shit I have ever bought. The shop where I bought it from flatly refused to take it back, I sent it back to Springfield, they sent me back a different gun!
it worked 100% better then the old one did.
I bought a Palmetto Armory AR15 for $500 in 99. The guy who sold it told me that it had some trigger problems.
The first time I went to shoot it the trigger and hammer pins fell out. When they would stay in it would double and triple no problem.
Some of the Palmetto Armory lowers were made by Olympic arms, mine was marked Palmetto Armory OLY/SGW. I sent it back to OLY to see what was wrong with it, it was so worn out I had them remanufacture it for me.
It was machined out of a solid chunk of bar stock aluminum.

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
when i was 17 i convinced mom to buy me a lorcin 22lr fun to shoot if you didnt mind a bullet going three feet to the left at a 10 ft target... plus every 2nd or 3rd magazine it would go auto ...that was fun i tried to make to always be auto but could only get it to do it 4 out of 5 magazines...at 17 i didnt know it was illeagal.
View Quote

A full auto Lorcin???

dude, your lucky to be alive. I would definitely start playing the Lotto if I was you.

[:D]

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Ar-7, think would constantly jam, and when it did work it may give a 2 to 3 shot burst, then jam again.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

A full auto Lorcin???

yeah when it was finally destroyed i cried when i found out it was illegal my friends dad CID officer in the army said the same thing but the slide is just a hunk of metal and  the 22 didnt have enough boom to make it go boom. but all the internal parts were alluminum i think or some other soft ass metal...

dude, your lucky to be alive. I would definitely start playing the Lotto if I was you.

[:D]

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#28]
A few come to mind:

A Llama .380 that needed a forward assist to get the slide to go into battery.

Another Llama (yes, I finally learned), this one a .357 "Commanche" that would spontaneously drop the cylinder open during rapid fire.  Sold it after 'attempting' to qualify with it.

And sadly, a lovely old Ruger Blackhawk flattop in .41 Magnum that, when firing factory ammo would blow the ejector rod housing completely off the barrel.  Took it to a gunsmith twice, after the third ejector ejection, it went back to the pawn shop where I bought it.  Wish I still had it (for the collector's value).
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Llama .45 pos, Taurus PT 22 pos, SKS Chinese pos,
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#30]
slightly off topic but I have a box (big box) of after market hi-cap magazines that were supposed to "work like the OEM's". Anything from U.S.A.mags is a piece of junk (isn't that sad) I've got a bunch that the maker was to embarrassed to put their name on. The worst are Glock look-alikes. I have two aftermarket G-19style mags that I paid $30 each for then spent $15.00 on Wolff Springs hoping that would fix it (it didn't). For that money I could have bought one original and be happy. Live and learn.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
And sadly, a lovely old Ruger Blackhawk flattop in .41 Magnum that, when firing factory ammo would blow the ejector rod housing completely off the barrel.  Took it to a gunsmith twice, after the third ejector ejection, it went back to the pawn shop where I bought it.  Wish I still had it (for the collector's value).
View Quote

Hmmm....premature ejection?[;)]

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I've got one! A Ithica/SKB M-100 SxS 12ga that I got a GREAT deal on. The only problem was that when you fired the Left barrel the right barrel would discharge all on its own up to 30 seconds later. Very strange. It only did this twice. I stopped it by never loading a shells into it again! It is still in the back of the safe. This problem is just to dangerous to pass onto the next guy.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Special Weapons SW-3. Bought a pair of them sight unseen. That will never happen again. Thanks Toad!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Sig P229 in .40
Couldn't keep it running (jam-o-matic) to save my soul.
GCF
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#36]
S&W M669 9mm many years ago. A jamamatic and barndoor accurate to boot!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#37]
No doubt, My squirt Water gun.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#38]
I have a 2 way tie. Mac 10 carbine, 16 inch barrel had the weirdest butstock. It was removable held on with a wingnut. Couldn't get threw the 10 rnd mag without a light primer hit or 2. Had the worste trigger slap, it even some kinda rubber sleave covering the trigger. Didn't help much. 2nd was a signma 380, shot alright but the slide was so cheap it was chipping after 50 rnds. Field stripping was a joke, ate my hat trading both of them in.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Anything made by AMT or Grendel
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#40]
1. Desert Eagle 50AE--Ejected empties straight back into face and was a jamomatic.
2. Lorcin L-380--fell apart after each magazine loading.
3. Colt Detective Special .38 revolver, the one recently re-introduced. When it heated up after two cylinders full, the cylinder would expand from heat and would not rotate any longer.
4. Tec-9 Right out of the box the extractor was broken.. It would constantly revert to full auto.
5. Norinco SKS..almost poked my eye out when disassembling the gas piston.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Back in the mid to late 80's Bushmaster made a bullpup "assault pistol" that was to be potentially adopted by the military after being tested in a number of trials for the Air Force.  The big muzzle flash, the rear mounted magazine and the fact that the receiver rotated about the forward pistol grip assembly made it look really cool, but I had to beat the charging handle against a fence post to get it to feed ammunition.  I tried different magazines and different ammo, but nothing worked.  I couldn't get anyone who could fix the POS!  I pawned it off on another poor bastard some six months after I had purchased it. [B)]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#42]
My biggest dog was (and still is) an Enfield No 1 Mk III.  Couldn't hit paper at 100 yards with it.  Luckily I only paid $69 for it.  Maybe I need to re-barrel it like Garandman did his?

[img]http://www.uidaho.edu/~stratton/GRSMLE.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 1:49:21 AM EDT
[#43]
on the beretta tip up barrel guns (22lr bobcat, 32acp tomcat) you can have the thumb safety on and pull the trigger back only half way to the safety notch.
Not all the way back to the full cock position.

the tomcat and bobcat that ive fired worked perfect through 75rnds of 32acp and 100s of 22lr
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 1:51:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Raven Arms .25 semiauto. Man those suck!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Mas 49/56 converted from 7.5mm French to .308 by Century. No thought was given to the gas regulation. Many of these guns shot themselves apart (and maybe their owners too) I paid $200 and I'm probably looking at an additional $100 to $200 to make it right. No more Century "Frankenguns"
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Wow, after reading alot of the posts here, I would have expected to see more than just one citing an Oly Arms AR15...  

But I am glad that there is only one so far, as I just bought one.  hehehe

Worst POS I have had was a Marlin .22 semi-auto rifle, I think it was a model 70 or something like that, polymer frame... Jammed 2 or 3 rounds per mag...

The other 19 firearms I have bought in the past 2 years were all great!  Kimber, Beretta, Kahr, Glock, Ruger, Taurus, CZ, Kel-Tec and even a Bersa...
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 12:06:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wow, after reading alot of the posts here, I would have expected to see more than just one citing an Oly Arms AR15...  

But I am glad that there is only one so far, as I just bought one.  hehehe

View Quote

Present day Oly's are fine weapons. Only Armalite builds a better gun.

Link Posted: 6/1/2001 1:39:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Garandman, I'd have to disagree. My worst weapon, was my first weapon. My Oly CAR-97 would shot one round, and jam the next, EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Needless to say, I sent it back (in Dec) and it just came back in sometime last week. I haven't got to fire it since it's been back `cause it's in VA and I'm in MS.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Bought a brand new Mini 14 ranch rifle about 10 years ago.
Would not group 4" at 50 yards. Ejected cases 50 feet, I kid you not.

Contacted Ruger and they had me send it back. They worked on it, free of charge, and it was better, about that of a medicore AK 47 - 4-5" at 100 yards.
Traded that sucker first chance I had.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Carbon-15. Nuff' said.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top